[RMT] You cannot grasp the true form of this Steel team

View previous topic View next topic Go down

[RMT] You cannot grasp the true form of this Steel team

Post by Sabre on Tue Jun 30, 2015 12:16 pm

Alright, here's my new Steel team that I quite like. The story behind this team is that I was sitting in the Monotype room, bored, when the roomintro said to make a core of Water, Fire and Steel types! So I decided to make a Steel team based around my favorite core in the game: Ferrothorn/Heatran/Slowbro. But since I can't use Slowbro, it gets replaced by Empoleon. Basically, this team runs around phazing.

Also if you don't get it the names are based on Nintendo villains.

Giovanni (Empoleon) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: torrent
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpAtk / 232 SpD / 20 Def
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Scald
- Defog
- Roar

"So! I must say, it's impressive that you got here."
I chose to use Empoleon because it supplies a third member to my core and acts as a second phazer. Empoleon can usually be used to get rid of hazards and set up its own and then phaze, or it can use Scald to get a possible burn on physical attackers, especially ones that use Fire-type moves. Scald also helps to do quite a lot of damage to Fire-types. Stealth Rock to renew the hazards after a defog, Scald to hamper threats, Defog to insure easy switches (especially for Magnezone) and Roar as the main phazing move. It can also take a hit with good bulk.

Ganondorf (Ferrothorn) (F) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 216 Def / 36 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Leech Seed
- Power Whip
- Protect
- Gyro Ball

"Game Over. Return of Ganon. Wahaha!"
I chose to use Ferrothorn because it is a great defensive option and a member of the Heatran/Ferrothorn/Empoleon core. It serves as a defender to many Pokemon and can cripple them with a combination of Rocky Helmet and Iron Barbs. Ferrothorn can take a hit, so it uses Leech Seed to absorb back the damage. I chose to use Power Whip over Spikes, for instance, because it is almost needed to take care of Pokemon that resist Gyro Ball. Protect is great as it can scout for what the Pokemon will use to counter Ferrothorn as well as heal some damage with the seeds. Gyro Ball is the main attack that deals lots of damage to sweepers. The EV and IV spread guarantees this will make sweepers run for their money.

Bowser (Heatran) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Flash Cannon
- Lava Plume
- Will-O-Wisp
- Roar

Rawr.
Heatran, the legend of the team. I chose Heatran because it is such a bulky Pokemon and completes the core. I've used Heatran mostly to protect my Scizor and Ferrothorn from Fire attacks, which can harm this team quite a lot; and, so far, it's worked! Flash Cannon and Lava Plume make for some fairly decent coverage, and Lava Plume has a neat chance to burn. Useful! Will-O-Wisp supports his role as a phazer, as it can thoroughly burn most of the opponent's team. Roar is there for a very great phazer, and the EV spread guarantees he can take a hit and dish out some damage.

Ridley (Skarmory) (M) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 248 HP / 236 Def / 24 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Whirlwind
- Iron Head
- Roost

Ridley is TOO BIG!
I chose Skarmory because I needed a good opener and a way to check leads that aren't meant to set up Sticky Web, Rocks, etc. The opener role on this team is very important because Skarmory can set up Rocks, heal damage, and Whirlwind out the competition. Stealth Rock is my main move for phazing, Whirlwind carries out the phazing, Iron Head is there just in case Skarmory gets Taunted, and Roost is used to heal back damage.

Giygas (Scizor) @ Life Orb
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Bullet Punch
- Bug Bite

"Ness. Ness. Ness. Ness."
Scizor is used as my main sweeper because my team needed one. Sporting an excellent Defense and Attack stat and the Technician ability, this thing is bound to do some major damage to any team. Knock Off (Is that a weird move?) is used to get rid of items on threats and cripple them, U-Turn makes for an interesting VoltTurn combo with Magnezone and deals hefty damage. Bullet Punch is Scizor's main move and does major damage to anything not resisting it. Finally, Bug Bite is used if I know Scizor can take a hit to deal quite a lot of damage to the foe. I don't think anyone would grasp the true form of Giygas's attack once he uses his 252 Atk+ STAB Bullet Punch with Technician Boost.

Andross (Magnezone) @ Air Balloon
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Modest Nature
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon

"Something about Science."
Finally, Magnezone. Magnezone is weird on this team because I can't pinpoint what it does. Is it a bulky attacker? A pivot? At the end of the day, it's a pivot that can handle Steel types. I can easily switch it in if it is not damaged or no entry hazards are out thanks to its Air Balloon and deal quite a lot of damage to the foe. HP Fire is the only move Magnezone can use to take down opposing Steel-types, so it works well. Volt Switch provides Magnezone with a good pivotal position and Thunderbolt can be used if Magnezone can knock out the foe. Flash Cannon provides a decent extra attack that provides a good amount of coverage.

So what do you think?  Wink

Last edited by Sabre on Tue Jun 30, 2015 12:22 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Defiant < Torrent)

Self Proclaimed Best Manectric in RP Room
Self Proclaimed Caterpie
My PS account is Sabre (Manectric). Feel free to say hi!
I like RPGs...?
AxeBane's --> http://prntscr.com/6zscmt
Thanks to Blue Kitteh/Articuno and Axebane for these awesome banners!
IT'S TIME TO TIP THE SCALES
Sabre

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top