The Masked Trainer [ OC ]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Masked Trainer [ OC ]

Post by Nivur on Fri Jul 10, 2015 8:32 am

[ Most recent update in the looks department ][ Art @ Me and found on my DA ]

❝ What you lose in blindness is the space around you, the place where you are, and without that you might not exist. You could be nowhere at all. ❞

Name
Darius Ivan Pavel
Nickname[s]
"The Masked Trainer " | Dee
Eye Color
Clouded Gray [ Originally sky blue ]
Hair Color
Lavender
Height
5'11 / 180 cm
Home Town
Saffron City [ Kanto ]
Current Living
Cerulean City [ Traveling at the moment ]
Job
Trainer [ Specializes in Water and Psychic types ]

Personality
Outgoing - The social butterfly, Dee's the kind of guy with his ever present happy smile and unwillingness to let a stranger go ungreeted that can near seamlessly blend himself into a crowd of people. He doesn't hesitate or give a second thought about declaring someone a friend even if the targeted party is less then enthused about the idea.
Stubborn - Like a damned mule. When most would take the choice to walk around a mountain, Dee will choose to go up and over insisting that it is the best and shortest route!
Reckless - This one right here will one day be the death of his closes friend, Galley the Gallade. Dee has a bad habit of diving head first into a situation without fully knowing the details or disregarding the dangers it might pose.
Out spoken - Unafraid to turn against the popular opinion or put his foot down against what he deems cruel, Dee will freely give his thoughts on the matter at hand. Not one to sugar coat or beat around the bush, he'll tell rather bluntly and more often then not, the brain to mouth filter malfunctions.
Caring - Children and small pokemon are his weak points, finding their higher pitched voices irresistibly adorable. Dee adores kids, enjoying nothing more then spend his days loitering around in a park to listen at those happy laughs its almost soothing. Not exactly maternal but he tries to help the wee ones if they should need it.
Calm - Despite his seemingly crazy, energetic ways Dee does indeed slow down. Nothing helps calm him more then making his way through a thick forest. He absolutely loves the sound of dried leaves crunching down beneath his feet, the fresh scent of rain laced throughout the blowing breeze and the noisy rushing of a nearby river. Heaven. Its typically within the wee hours of a new morning when he's at his most peaceful, allowing his daydreams carry him away into another world.
Loyal - Dee's loyal to a fault. Yes, he's super friendly and outgoing but that doesn't equal to lending trust out easily. In that aspect, he's very careful about who can have it. When it's earned, you will have someone who will walk through fire for you...literally if that's the case. He'll have your back, through thick and thin he is someone who can be counted on.
Reserved | Quiet - These traits use to be more predominant in his younger years when he had to be on the shyer side though they've subsided as he grew. They still exist at times, hanging around the outer edges of his mind and only rearing their ugly heads when he's unsure of himself [ and really, the only time he's unsure of himself is when he's been separated from Galley ] or when something heavy has been weighing on his shoulders.
Sexual Orientation
★ Bisexual [ He's not attracted to a persons physical appearance....He's attracted to the quality of their voice ]
Relationship Status
★ Single pringle ready to mingle
Traveling  Companions
★ N/A at the moment
Current Items [ Contains of bag ]
★ Six pokeballs [ x5 extras ] || Various berries || Wallet || Cell phone [ Likes to travel light ]

History
★ -- Coming soon OTL -- [ When I've had some sleep...its 8 am :Y ]
Key notes - Becoming servery sick at the age of 3 that lead to his loss of sight / Super shy, scared childhood due to extremely overly protective parents / Meeting Galley / Having a faithful encounter with a stranger that changed his world / Pretty much running away in order to become a trainer and creating the masked persona in order to be treated fairly in a battle and not pitted [ Always better to be known as that one weird guy then to be looked down at and felt sorry for ].

Extra Information
White cat mask - Hench where the name "Masked Trainer" came from! When it comes to battles, he always wears his mask! Why? Well, Darius is completely blind...That's right, he can't see...He thought up of the idea of the mask when he was a young boy, others would refuse to battle with him because of his disability or go way to easy. Darius doesn't like to be treated differently or pitted. So, that's how the mask came about...It levels the playing field...People just see him as a normal [ but kind of strange ] guy! He doesn't travel with it on all of the time, its usually worn backwards or more like a hat.
Beads- Someone once gave them to him, back when he was a young boy learning how to navigate his dark world and with crazily over protective parents. It was a stranger, at times he wished he would have asked for their name but as quickly as they came, that's how fast they had vanished...But it was someone that gave him the confidence to become a trainer in the first place, to live life really...He of course never saw the person but he is determined to find and meet with them one day, he still remembers what they sound like...To thank them. Those beads are a constant reminder to not let anything stand in his way or hold him back.
★ There is a way he is able to "see" in a sense and that is with the use of his deep bond with Galley. The two share a strong mental link and Galley is able to use his psychic abilities to help Darius sense objects in the environment but due in part to Darius's rather fragile body, it takes a strain on him with prolonged exposure. It has been known to causes dizziness, fatigue and at times nausea. So they really limit the times they use this, mostly saving it for areas with hard to navigate terrain like rocky caves and hazardous mountain passages. Dee relies on his own abilities and Galley's mother hening for normal day to day actives. The only real downside to this is if the pair have been separated for too long or the distance to great the link can weaken or even break. [ So basically, Galley's is like Darius's seeing eye pokemon xD ]
★ As to be expected from someone who can't see, Dee's hearing is superber and above the average level of most people. He's able to hear the faintest of sounds from a decent distant away, easily picks up whispering and of course the best of the best...He's got selective hearing.
★ Galley is a little on the protective side though he tries to hide it...And yes it does drive Darius crazy at times
★ Darius is very confident and foolhardy but under that he can still fall prey to his own insecurities and fears. Galley has pretty much become his security blanket over the years and without his trusted pokemon at his side, Darius would be lost even though the purposes of him leaving home in the first place had been for him to learn how to rely on himself.

Pokemon Team
- Gallade
- Nickname - Galley
- Gender -  ♂
- Type - Psychic / Fighting
- Ability - Justified [ Raises Attack when hit by a Dark-type move ]
- Held Item - Galladeite
- Move Set
> Swords Dance || Normal || - A frenetic dance to uplift the fighting spirit. This sharply raises the user's Attack stat.
> Close Combat || Fighting || - The user fights the target up close without guarding itself. This also lowers the user's Defense and Sp. Def stats.
> Zen Headbutt || Psychic || - The user focuses its willpower to its head and attacks the target. This may also make the target flinch.
> Taunt || Dark || - Afflicts the targeted enemy with a Taunted status condition, which restricts a Pokémon to using only moves that inflict damage.
History- Coming Soon

- Chinchou
- Nickname - Chow
- Gender -  ♂
- Type - Water / Electric
- Ability - Volt Absorb [ Restores HP if hit by an Electric-type move ]
- Held Item - Oran Berry
- Move Set
> Volt Switch || Electric || -  After making its attack, the user rushes back to switch places with a party Pokémon in waiting.
> Hydro Pump || Water || - A high volume of water is blasted at the foe under great pressure.
> Scald || Water || - The user shoots boiling hot water at its target. This may also leave the target with a burn.
> Dazzling Gleam || Fairy || - The user damages opposing Pokémon by emitting a powerful flash.
History- Coming soon

- Meowstic
- Nickname - Mii
- Gender -  ♀
- Type - Psychic
- Ability - Competitive [ Boosts the Sp. Atk stat when a stat is lowered ]
- Held Item - Psychic gem
- Move Set
> Psychic || Psychic || - The target is hit by a strong telekinetic force. This may also lower the target's Sp. Def stat.
> Shadow Ball || Ghost || - Attack the enemy with a ball of dark shadows, lowering the enemy's Defense.
> Signal Beam || Bug || - The user attacks with a sinister beam of light. It may also confuse the target.
> Energy Ball || Grass || - The user draws power from nature and fires it at the target. This may also lower the target's Sp. Def.
History - Coming soon

- Psyduck
- Nickname - Duckie
- Gender -  ♀
- Type - Water
- Ability - Damp [ Prevents the use of self-destructing moves ]
- Held Item - Choice Scarf
- Move Set
> Hidden Power || ( Grass ) || - A unique attack that varies in type depending on the Pokémon using it.
> Aerial Ace || Flying || - The user confounds the target with speed, then slashes. This attack never misses.
> Attract || Normal || - If it is the opposite gender of the user, the target becomes infatuated and less likely to attack.
> Confusion || Psychic || - The target is hit by a weak telekinetic force. This may also confuse the target.
History - Coming Soon

- Kingdra
- Nickname - Draco
- Gender -  ♂
- Type - Dragon / Water
- Ability - Sniper [ Powers up moves if they become critical hits ]
- Held Item - Leftovers
- Move Set
> Dragon Dance || Dragon || - The user vigorously performs a mystic, powerful dance that boots its attack and speed stats.
> Rest || Psychic || -The user goes to sleep for two turns. This fully restores the user's HP and any status conditions.
> Waterfall || Water || - The user charges at the target and may make flinch. This can also be used to climb a waterfall.
> Outrage || Dragon || - The user rampages and attacks for two to three turns. It then becomes confused, however.
History - Coming Soon

- Natu
- Nickname - Natalia
- Gender -  ♀
- Type - Psychic / Flying
- Ability - Synchronize [ Passes poison, paralyze, or burn to the pokemon that inflicted it ]
- Held Item - Eviolite
- Move Set
> Roost || Flying || -The user lands and rests its body. It restores the user's HP by up to half of its max HP.
> Light Screen || Psychic || -A= A wondrous wall of light is put up to reduce damage from special attacks for five turns.
> Psychic || Psychic || - The target is hit by a strong telekinetic force. This may also lower the target's Sp. Def stat.
> Reflect || Psychic || - A wondrous wall is put up to suppress damage from physical attacks for five turns.
History - Coming soon

And here is my wonderful baby ;u ; He's always changing...I'm always taking away and adding things, he'll forever be a WIP. Darius has become one of my most favorite Oc's to draw...to write...To RP with and I want to make him up to be the very best of my abilities! And thank you to those who read up on him <33 I welcome any and all ways to make him feel more fleshed out and real
Those histories are coming...when I am able to write more then doing simply listing xD After some much needed sleep! Ahaha
[/b]

Last edited by Nivur on Fri Jul 10, 2015 8:42 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Small coding snafu)
Nivur

View user profile http://http//www.nivur.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The Masked Trainer [ OC ]

Post by Cloud_the_Mighty on Fri Jul 10, 2015 8:50 pm

Sweet I ca see you spent a lot of time on this. I can't wait to rp with "The masked Traier".
Cloud_the_Mighty

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nivur on Fri Jul 10, 2015 9:05 pm

Cloud_the_Mighty wrote:Sweet I  ca see you spent a lot of time on this. I can't wait to rp with "The masked Traier".

Thank you so much! AMG ; A ;

I am always happily open to Rp!
Nivur

Back to top Go down

Post by Halohbottech on Tue Jul 14, 2015 10:09 pm

Oh dang it. Every time I see one of these great OC posts, I'm reminded of the fact I still have to canonize the rest of my cast.

Ffffudge.

Personal problems aside, brilliant OC! While he does seem a tad cookie-cutter in some areas, the general picture of Dee GREATLY overshadows the cliches that are present in all OCs. Simply put, I love the detail you've put into little ol' Dee and his pals, and I hope to see him around! Same to you, Nivur!

<3 from da best, Haloh~
Halohbottech

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nivur on Wed Jul 15, 2015 1:56 am

Halohbottech wrote:Oh dang it. Every time I see one of these great OC posts, I'm reminded of the fact I still have to canonize the rest of my cast.

Ffffudge.

Personal problems aside, brilliant OC! While he does seem a tad cookie-cutter in some areas, the general picture of Dee GREATLY overshadows the cliches that are present in all OCs. Simply put, I love the detail you've put into little ol' Dee and his pals, and I hope to see him around! Same to you, Nivur!

<3 from da best, Haloh~

Ahah thank you!
Though I did try to avoid some things that, like he isn't able to verbally communicate with his pokemon he understands them about as good as the next person can xD When I am well enough [ Since I posted this, I've been sick as a dog x u x ] his history will flesh out a bit more. Becoming blind was really the worst thing to happen, his parents did love him very much. I should change the "running away" part xD It was more like a...causal slip out the window with a note saying "I'll be back!" AHAHA

Suppose Dee is a more personal OC for myself. I relate a lot to him, as in starting off in a not so great situation but working hard to overcome it and just be as happy as you can be and striving to make each day better then your last xD

But thank you so much for your kind comments!
And warm welcome!!
Nivur

Back to top Go down

Post by Halohbottech on Wed Jul 15, 2015 2:55 am

It's good that an OC is personal to its creator! It's integral to its growth and prosperity as a, for lack of better terms, character! He's your version of Haloh, or Travis, for me. And that's great!

<3 from da best, Haloh~
Halohbottech

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top