"The Golden-Fisted Mind" - Flare the Infernape OC

View previous topic View next topic Go down

"The Golden-Fisted Mind" - Flare the Infernape OC

Post by Halohbottech on Mon Jul 20, 2015 10:22 am

There is no doubt that one of the most challenging positions a person can put themselves in is a position of power, especially if that person is governed by their Morals, and not instead by their wishes and wills. The weight of responsibility is more than most can bear, though, from birth, we are trained to hold this burden. However, that doesn't mean a child or the weak-minded should have this forced upon them. To even comprehend the strength required to be a strong leader can cause migraines for many. In the end, however, a leader is indeed needed, either to guide us to a goal, or away from one.

"Readymade, readymade. Steady as the rhythm rolls. Readymade, Readymade. That's how I was born, and this is how the story goes."

Age/Gender/Level: 23 / Male /  L:58

Personality/Why are you bothering me?! I have work to do! GET OUT!
Flare is not one to take risks without thinking out the very intricate possibilities that could arise. He refuses to do something so idiotic as to follow his instinct, believing that cold hard facts, evidence, and science can solve all of life's problems. He loves detail, and will drone on hours upon hours on end explaining even the simplest of problems. Despite the common misconception construed by a similarly named Phoenix, Flare is not a braggart, seeing any who brag (excessively) as dim-witted, low self-esteem morons who have nothing better to do with their lives than to try and make others feel worse about themselves. Due to his heightened intellect, Flare often finds himself in moments where he is beyond frustrated with other's stupidity, and nowadays, is always grumpy. Generally, you can sum up Flare's personality in one word: PISSED.

Attacks: Fire Punch, Thunder Punch, Earthquake, Stealth Rock - Sometimes Carries: Mach Punch, Close Combat, Torment, Bulk Up, and Flare Blitz (He considers it his signature, despite the fact he rarely uses it, and I'm pretty sure BlaziKen did it first.)

Held Item(s): Life Orb - After many long hours of work and study, Flare finally managed to craft a Golden Gauntlet using his father's old work - the Red Gem in the middle is the Life Orb; Enigma Berry - A berry created by him to help him last longer against more powerful foes; Safety Goggles: "What?! It's always good to have protection!"

History: "I'll be honest. My life could've been worse. If there's a silver lining to all of this, it's that I didn't go through what Jake and Shadow went through."

Brainiac:

Flare, surprisingly, had one of the most enjoyable childhoods of the gang. Having been such a bookworm probably helped. You see, ever since he was born, he ate up books like there was no tomorrow. He just love reading above all else, and was rarely found doing otherwise, even when he didn't understand the material. Unfortunately, this alienated him from his brothers, meaning whilst they played, he'd be cooped up in his room, checking out whatever new material he could get his hands on. But being this low-key meant he wasn't a target for their mother, and while he did harbor feelings of resentment towards her, he didn't quite hate her. While he did love Hannah more, as she and Ace were the only kids who hung out with him, he still considered Kim to be his mother. As such, he was just as devastated as Haloh or Jake when Hannah was killed by "Darkside", whom he rarely saw around the house. He was also sent away by Hannah, as she used her Healing Wish to wipe his memory clean, an whisk him away. Somehow, during the travel, his body transformed, and he was evolved into a Monferno. However, due to unknown circumstances, he was evolved with golden gauntlet about his wrist that he can't remove.

Electoral College:

Not much is known of Flare's adolescence, due to him supposedly waking up in the middle of a desert with no food, water, or supplies to survive the harsh conditions. Due to these unfavorable conditions, Flare's forgotten all that happened at the start of his awakening, as the heat fried his brain, nearly killing him. The first thing he remembers is waking up in a hospital of a large desert city named Hamalu. The city was in great disrepair, and it bothered Flare to no end to see such a place be completely financially ruined. So, using the knowledge he acquired from years of studying books on economics (though he'd forgotten where he found all this information at the time), he quickly and efficiently fixed up the town. Generally, he was well liked by the people, though some were skeptical about how smart he was. They claimed that no child, much less an impetuous Monferno, could come up with all these solutions. So, Flare, who was clever enough to realize that nothing he said would change their minds, set aside his goal of becoming Mayor, and instead focused on a much more important task: evolution.

It came as a surprise, one day, while looking over plans to execute. His evolution, I mean. He was simply looking over papers, seeing what'd work and what wouldn't. That's when he felt a slight tingle in his body, and looked down to find himself in an entirely new body. So, with his body fitting the image that the people wanted, Flare set about a plan to make his chance at office a success. But, he found great luck, when the previous Mayor died off, killed by a heart attack. From there, it was an easy, meteoric rise to power for Flare, whose intelligence far outshone his opponents, putting their intellect to shame. During these times, however, he found it hard to concentrate, as memories of his childhood spilled into his mind from his unconscious. By the time he became Mayor, he remembered everything.

A Step in the Right Direction:

However, his time as mayor was very short lived, as the next night, when he set up a fireworks show commemorating his election, an army of pure blackness ravaged the town, killing most, if not all within. He, and a few villagers escaped, but only barely, by hiding deep in the underground catacombs of the mines. There, in that black room, he discovered a tablet, telling a tale of 5 Pokemon, destined to save the world from the God of Destruction. Flare was drawn to the tale, and with no villagers left for him to protect and take care of due to the dark army, Flare left behind the few Pokemon left, telling them to head east, far away from the army, while he headed north, in hopes of finding a familiar face. For, the tablet was also a map.

A map to his brothers.

Relationships: Falcon (Scizor) - Deceased? - His father. Raised him from an egg. In some ways, Falcon not only saw him as his son, but also his co-worker, and Flare found it easiest to talk to him out of all the people in his life. He refuses to answer to whether or not Falcon's alive.
Haloh (Ampharos) - Alive - His second youngest brother. While, as a child, he did enjoy hanging out with Haloh, even so, he found it hard to talk to him, considering his mind was always in another place. As an adult, this is no different, besides the fact he hates many of his quips, such as his dislike, even hatred, for reading and learning, which Flare finds unacceptable.
Shadow (Absol) - Alive - His oldest brother. Flare was always wary of Shadow, but unlike Jake, never suspected him of doing anything wronger than stealing a cookie form the cookie jar. Nowadays, he has grudging respect for him, and often tries to convince him to try out his more... wackier experiments. However, he'd never actually try to hurt him with them.
The Triplets (Jake, Flare, Ace) - Alive - His two other triplet brothers. While it doesn't happen often, Flare will sometimes butt heads with Jake due to Jake's over-protection (in his eyes) of Haloh. However, despite this, he finds that he himself is overprotective of Ace, despite the fact he's fully capable of taking care of himself. Flare has mentioned before that his protection of Ace stems from a debt he's yet to have re-payed to the Glaceon, though he doesn't mention anything past that.
"Darkside" (Sableye) - Alive - "*sigh*... Could we not? I'm not in the mood to talk about that shit right about now, so drop it."
Hannah (Gardevior) - Deceased - Similarly to Jake, Flare loved Hannah dearly, though he never saw her as a mother figure, due to how much he worked with her and Falcon. His young independence stopped their relationship from becoming anything more than sibling love. Don't be mistaken, he was still heart-broken when she fell to "Darkside", and has devoted his life to searching for the fiend.

Likes!
Favourite Food: Omnivore, personally. Honestly, though, I wouldn't be alive if it weren't for coffee. Gods I love coffee. Also jalapenos. Spicy or hot stuff in general, I've noticed.
Favourite Hobby: Reading. The outdoors is too unpredictable. One second it's beautiful and sunny outside, the next, it's pouring torrential rain. No-o-o-o thank you.
Favourite Colour: Red. If it wasn't obvious to you, you may need to re-evaluate the whether or not you're actually reading this.
Favourite Season: Fall. It's amazing to watch the world be set ablaze by a flurry of red, orange, and yellow, and yet have nothing truly die. It's just gods-damn beautiful.

Dislikes...
Hated Food: ICE CREAM. Nothing natural in the world should be that cold!! UGH!
Hated Hobby: Talking with my idiot brother Haloh. He's the least cultured, most idiotic Pokemon I've ever had the displeasure to meet.
Hated Colour: Brown. Take a guess why.
Hated Season: Winter. Too cold. Too wet. Not enough sun. Not enough day. I think I've said enough.

Theme Song: "Readymade", by the oh so amazing Red Hot Chili Peppers

Finally posted Flare's backstory! It's not as gripping or extraordinary as the others, neither will Ace's, but even still, it's very important because here we see that Flare was the one who sought out the brothers! Plus, some more lore about what's going on exactly is revealed, so that's always nice!

<3 from da best, Haloh~

Last edited by Halohbottech on Sat Oct 17, 2015 12:14 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Backstory Implementation.)
Halohbottech

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: "The Golden-Fisted Mind" - Flare the Infernape OC

Post by Neon Nights on Sat Jul 25, 2015 2:34 am

WAIT
WAIT
WAIT A SECOND HALOH

Is Darkside's real name...
Ace?

I think I found you out, Haloh.
Neon Nights

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Halohbottech on Tue Jul 28, 2015 4:53 pm

While I appreciate the thoughts and speculation, no, his real name is NOT Ace. I've stated in multiple RPs what his real name is, so if you really want to, you can search around for it. I'll make his Bio in time, however.

<3 from da best, Haloh~
Halohbottech

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryan Fitzmagic on Wed Sep 30, 2015 9:27 am

I find hid distaste in, well, nearly everything about Haloh hilarious.

I'm not sure whether Flare and Pechio would get along great or be at each others throats all the time, considering their personalities are so darn similar. It would a be a hell of a game of chess though.
Ryan Fitzmagic
Driver
Driver

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Halohbottech on Thu Oct 01, 2015 10:52 pm

No doubt man. I'd give money to sit around for 3 hours and watch a monkey that's been lit on fire try to concentrate hard enough to beat a well oiled machine of a man who isn't hindered by having a gold gauntlet on his arm that he can't remove.

It'd be like watching torture from the eyes of the torturer.

And that got dark fast. K bye! ((Thanks for the comment, btw, they make Haloh quite the happy man :> ))
Halohbottech

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Halohbottech on Sat Oct 17, 2015 12:15 am

Bump to tell everybody that Flare's backstory is finished! Huzzah!
Halohbottech

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by LargeJellopy on Wed Oct 21, 2015 3:17 pm

And on my wandering through the archives, what do I see?
A very stereotype-defiant Infernape! Because "cold and analytic" is too fun justaposed with a literal hot-headed monkey!

Actually, I rather like the play you got going with this Infernape and a stereotype; you'd expect an Infernape to be really impulsive and stuff, but this one is quite analytical and logical... however, due to being smart, having to interact with dumber 'mons (which seem to be common) gets him angry, so despite being atipically analytic, he's typically easy to anger - hot-headed, if I may say so~~
Also, a burning head could be a cartoonish consequence from an overload of the brain, so that looks nice too!

Has the city of Hamalu, that Flare helped repair, been used on any plots? Actually, your OCs' shared family looks like it could make for some nice docs, or texts for the Writer's Guild! Where does that plot get expanded?

This looks like a fun OC to see around; not the friendliest in the world, but an OC doesn't need to be friendly to be fun~~
Nice and steampunky (I see those safety goggles and gauntlet) character, and may we meet later!
LargeJellopy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Endurr on Wed Dec 09, 2015 11:20 pm

Holy, what a nice OC! I really congratulate you on this, wonderful biography of a Original Character.

Endurr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Halohbottech on Thu Dec 10, 2015 2:10 am

Thanks bro! Keep passin' da love around and have fun wherever you are!

<3 from da best, Haloh~
Halohbottech

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Illario on Fri Dec 11, 2015 2:45 pm

nice, I do love myself some Cranky Kong.

... wait, wrong place.

On a more serious note, the work on this is fan-taaastic~! the immense detail you put into every OC whether it be their background, relationships or preferences never cease to entice me into reading over and over. keep up the good job, Haloh! maybe ill be so inspired as to put more effort into my writings, kehehe.

Illario
Driver
Driver

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Halohbottech on Sat Dec 12, 2015 6:03 pm

Haha! Perfect! That's the stuff I like to hear! You keep writing, Isis, you've got some serious! skill, man! And, thanks for the compliments. Smile

<3 from da best, Haloh~
Halohbottech

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top