On the topic of Uni...

View previous topic View next topic Go down

On the topic of Uni...

Post by Kidincred on Tue Jul 21, 2015 8:39 pm

We've seen it go from University level to... put bluntly, middle school.

That's far from University. :I

And at this point the name 'Uni' is just misleading, even if it sounds cool.

So, I've made a poll, as it'd be the best way to get accurate results, at least so I think, on whether it should remain named Uni or be renamed to PokeSchool.

I know that this isn't in my jurisdiction to rename an entire RP, I would just like to see what our community thinks on the subject.

http://strawpoll.me/4985233

So, what do you think? Should it stay the same, or should it be renamed?

I also consulted with Nitro if there would be a problem with posting this in PS, and the reply was 'Uhh... I don't think?'

So yup, that's it, you're done reading the important stuff now. Vote if you want, vote if you care, and thanks for reading Very Happy

-Edit-

July 28th: 1 week in, 4 votes for 2 votes against. If it was to be ended now, for would win with 67%. Of course, straw polls can't actually be ended, so... it stays up.

Last edited by Kidincred on Tue Jul 28, 2015 10:27 pm; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : Update: putting in the would-be end results.)
Kidincred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: On the topic of Uni...

Post by Neon Nights on Sat Jul 25, 2015 1:53 pm

I think that PokeHigh sounds a little better, because to me it feels like High School, not Middle School.
Neon Nights

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kidincred on Mon Jul 27, 2015 10:00 pm

Neon Nights wrote:I think that PokeHigh sounds a little better, because to me it feels like High School, not Middle School.
Well, some aspects are like high school, but my high school is slack (like, super duper ultra mega slack) and isn't as up-to-date with education as the rest of North America.

That would knock my high school back one peg.

And the stuff my high school teaches is harder (sometimes exponentially so) than the stuff that is involved in Uni, knocking it two pegs behind High Schools instead of one Razz

But hey, that's just based on personal experience.
Kidincred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Last Choice on Sat Aug 01, 2015 5:19 pm

PokeHigh seems to be a nice name.
Pokemon University just seems... I dont know, I just dont feel like this should be called University.
And Middle School sounds extremely childish.

The Last Choice

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kidincred on Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:20 am

The Last Choice wrote:PokeHigh seems to be a nice name.
Pokemon University just seems... I dont know, I just dont feel like this should be called University.
And Middle School sounds extremely childish.
Totally getcha.

And I totally get where everyone else is coming from for the PokeHigh idea.

Heck, I'd root for that too Very Happy

My only problem remains with how it feels, because as said before my school is far from average school status, and these Unis are getting progressively more and more simplistic/easy (However I doubt it's the doc's or the host's fault, it seems to me that it's the teachers' faults due to how/what they teach) and aren't nearly as challenging as my high school is :I

I have tackled the topic recently though and come up with this concept:

Keep PokeUni, but use it exclusively for University-feel/difficulty 'School genre' rp's
Add in PokeHigh and use it as the replacement for the majority of current 'University' docs, and it be the middle-level 'School genre' rp
And lastly squeeze in PokeSchool for those 'Universities' that really just feel like a middle-school or maybe even grade-school 'School genre' rp.

Kinda covers all bases, does it not? v('u')v

Of course, the name would be up to the discretion of the host, doc-maker and the community, not just one sugar-coated marshmallow such as myself.
Kidincred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Allyson(Ninetales) on Tue Aug 04, 2015 11:33 pm

"School/University (Uni or PokeHigh)

Within School or University, users can be a Teacher/Professor who hosts a certain class..."
continuation in the ps! roleplaying website: http://psroleplaying.wix.com/roleplay#!structured-rp/c1lwk

as you can see University is also called PokeHigh, if you're irritated that Uni is misleading since the rp looks like middle school, it isn't the fault of the RPs name, it's the fault of the host for misunderstanding what the word University means. Most of the times people teach a lower degree of education in uni so that everyone can relate, not everyone in the RP room is actually 15, some are younger and some are older. Do you think some 12 year old in the room would like to be out of place due to the fact that the lesson was too advance for him/her? Of course as a teacher you would teach something easier so that everyone can jump in and roleplay. To what I remember host can change of what level of education you will be hosting, like that kindergarten variant i saw a long time ago.
(btw PokeSchool sounds like a trainer school rip off, no offense)
Allyson(Ninetales)
Voice
Voice

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kidincred on Thu Aug 06, 2015 9:45 am

Allyson(Ninetales) wrote:"School/University (Uni or PokeHigh)

Within School or University, users can be a Teacher/Professor who hosts a certain class..."
continuation in the ps! roleplaying website: http://psroleplaying.wix.com/roleplay#!structured-rp/c1lwk

as you can see University is also called PokeHigh, if you're irritated that Uni is misleading since the rp looks like middle school, it isn't the fault of the RPs name, it's the fault of the host for misunderstanding what the word University means. Most of the times people teach a lower degree of education in uni so that everyone can relate, not everyone in the RP room is actually 15, some are younger and some are older. Do you think some 12 year old in the room would like to be out of place due to the fact that the lesson was too advance for him/her? Of course as a teacher you would teach something easier so that everyone can jump in and roleplay. To what I remember host can change of what level of education you will be hosting, like that kindergarten variant i saw a long time ago.
(btw PokeSchool sounds like a trainer school rip off, no offense)
Well two things I've learned today.

1) PokeHigh was already a name for it, and
2) You misunderstood what I was getting at.

I was not blaming the name of Uni for it being misleading, rather I was blaming its use which comes down to the host, not the name itself.

As for your rebuttal, it does make sense. But at the same time there should be classifications for how tough it should be, or at the very least for how the host/teachers should act, because I've noticed a difference between middle school/high school teachers, and if media tells me correctly there's a vast difference between middle/high school teachers and university professors.

(uh... 1) I don't see how you see that and 2) how could I take offense from that? XP)
Kidincred

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Divine Aerial-Noivern on Sat Aug 15, 2015 10:25 am

The RP room is full of teens and kids, who don't know much about what Uni is actually like.

<--- Hypocrite
Divine Aerial-Noivern

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top