Things you shouldn't do in Conquest...

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Things you shouldn't do in Conquest...

Post by PurplePeahen on Thu Nov 05, 2015 9:36 pm

needler wrote:In the last few days I've participated in a few conquest roleplays and noticed some really common mistakes in both battling and roleplaying. Some of these were annoying to everyone, others simply made the rp harder to enjoy for either the ones who were actually making these mistakes. I made this post to 'highlight' these mistakes and maybe help you avoid them.

1. Not knowing the rules.:
This isn't as common as the other ones on this list but it is certainly one of the worst ones. When you 'see' someone in a roleplay you expect them to know what they are supposed to do and/or what they can not do. This isn't always the case, some people either fail to or just do not want to acknowlege these rules and guidelines.

This mostly happens in teambuilding or battling when people don't know or ignore the ban list. This may sound a bit hypocritic from the one who had no idea about the smooth rock ban, but there are a lot of worse situations than that one. You might think that simply telling someone that their team isn't usable in CQ would be enough, but it isn't. A few weeks ago I had someone arguing with me for over an hour because I told him that he can't have multiple legendaries on his team.

I ask anyone reading this to try to help people who don't know the rules of Conquest. Either direct them to the original document made by BK or explain the things they do not know about.

Something I'd actually like to point out is: When telling someone about a certain rule, make sure you have proof. If the one you are talking to is angry because you can't provide proof, they have a right to. It'd be hard for them to believe you.
Give a link to the rule (such as the Name-Changing Rule) to where it states that, or tell the person to go CTRL + F on the doc to find a certain rule. This could help with some arguments I've seen happen lately.

PurplePeahen

View user profile http://play.pokemonshowdown.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Lux Gracetail on Fri Nov 06, 2015 4:35 am

PurplePeahen wrote:
needler wrote:In the last few days I've participated in a few conquest roleplays and noticed some really common mistakes in both battling and roleplaying. Some of these were annoying to everyone, others simply made the rp harder to enjoy for either the ones who were actually making these mistakes. I made this post to 'highlight' these mistakes and maybe help you avoid them.

1. Not knowing the rules.:
This isn't as common as the other ones on this list but it is certainly one of the worst ones. When you 'see' someone in a roleplay you expect them to know what they are supposed to do and/or what they can not do. This isn't always the case, some people either fail to or just do not want to acknowlege these rules and guidelines.

This mostly happens in teambuilding or battling when people don't know or ignore the ban list. This may sound a bit hypocritic from the one who had no idea about the smooth rock ban, but there are a lot of worse situations than that one. You might think that simply telling someone that their team isn't usable in CQ would be enough, but it isn't. A few weeks ago I had someone arguing with me for over an hour because I told him that he can't have multiple legendaries on his team.

I ask anyone reading this to try to help people who don't know the rules of Conquest. Either direct them to the original document made by BK or explain the things they do not know about.

Something I'd actually like to point out is: When telling someone about a certain rule, make sure you have proof. If the one you are talking to is angry because you can't provide proof, they have a right to. It'd be hard for them to believe you.
Give a link to the rule (such as the Name-Changing Rule) to where it states that, or tell the person to go CTRL + F on the doc to find a certain rule. This could help with some arguments I've seen happen lately.

Protip: Memorise the CQ rulelist.

"I-I mean, I'm not that much of a nolife!" glances around an a manner not unlike a cornered kitten.

But really, have the official doc on quicklist. And be able to point out exactly where the rule is. (Here's where the memorisation is useful.)

A Lucario in a longcoat. . .  How dangerous could he be?

Credit to Blue Kitteh for the Official Staff Banners and credit to Irraquated for the personal banner.

Lux Gracetail

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by needler on Fri Nov 06, 2015 3:11 pm

Lux, we all know that you live in your computer or on your chair.
needler

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PurplePeahen on Fri Nov 06, 2015 4:31 pm

Does that mean I'm a nolife if I have memorized at least all of the CQ rules? Tear, tear.

Ahem, moving on, in my previous post I was referring to a more new RPer in CQ. In other words, somebody who isn't yet used to the rules, or doesn't know them at all. But it's not just new people to the RP that I've seen miss some rules.

People who I have known to be in the room for a long time sometimes miss rules. :shrug:

PurplePeahen

View user profile http://play.pokemonshowdown.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Mikhail97 on Sun Nov 08, 2015 10:37 am

needler wrote:Lux, we all know that you live in your computer or on your chair.

Well, of course. I'm not gonna go on the internet all the time on a tablet or a phone. And to be more specific I don't think a computer is big enough to stuff someone inside.

Mikhail97

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top