Kaine the Trainer

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Kaine the Trainer

Post by Grim (Houndour) on Thu Aug 06, 2015 2:04 pm

Name: Kaine Jordan
Appearance: The boy wears a strange, almost electric-like hair colour of white and bright blue, matching well with his white coat, black shorts, and winter boots. Not to mention the fact that the kid is also a hyperactive, rambunctious little fella.
Contacts and friends: None yet
Personality: As stated before, Kaine is a hyper and bouncy child, who's constantly getting ahead of himself even though he tries to not screw anything up. However, he is still trying to get over his shortcomings... Slowly, but it is working.
Hometown: Virbank City
Backstory:
Not every happy human has a happy story... He came from Virbank City, a place wrought with the stench of the sewers, roughnecks, and numerous different issues with wild Pokémon wandering into town. Being an orphan, he was forced to make a living as a common cutpurse for a few years, nabbing some money- not too much as to be noticed- and getting food, clothes, and other necessities. However, there was one target he made the mistake of trying to nab money off of... The Poison Gym Leader, Roxie. She ended up catching the poor kid, giving him the usual "What would you do if your mother saw this?" lecture he'd rarely get when he was caught... That was when he told her that he was an Orphan, and that his parents merely tossed him on the street at the age of five. Roxie's father, decided to take him to a place called Flocessy (Floccesy?) Town, namely the Trainer's school there. Thanks to the teachings of Cheren, the Gym Leader and teacher there, he found out that trainers can actually earn prize money in Pokémon fights... Thus, he has finally taken the first steps into being a trainer; Meeting his starter, and making his way towards the League Challenge.

An example of his hyperactive attitude:
On the first night he spent camping out with his new Pokémon pal, Electrus ended up wanting to play tag, the two running around the fire pit before one of them ended up falling asleep, flopping on their face... That one was Electrus. In fact, Kaine thought he was still chasing Electrus, and kept running around the fire... Yes... He has enough energy in him to tire out an ELECTRIC TYPE. Think about that.

And now, Pokémon time!

Name: Electrus
Species: Minun
Type: Electric
Nature: Hasty
Level: 14
Moves:
Spark
Switcheroo
Encore
Nuzzle

Name: Elly
Species: Elgyem
Type: Psychic
Nature: Gentle
Level: 12
Moves:
Confusion
Growl
Heal Block

Name: Kidd
Species: Elekid
Type: Electric
Nature: Rash
Level: 10
Moves:
Quick Attack
Leer
Thundershock
Low Kick

Name: Volcus
Type: Fire
Level: 16
Nature: Lax
Moves
Ember
Quick Attack
Rollout
Fury Cutter

(Small note: Judging by the fact that each RP seems to change from region to region, I'm just going to say that my character is from the Unova, quite obviously, but I'll put it into detail that he could supposedly visit other regions... For example, he might be on a one-way ship to the Hoenn region, or find a train that leads to the Johto region, etc.
Also, if I add any Pokémon on this Profile, that doesn't mean they are immediately added into any RPs I had without them. In fact, there will be a team layout in that RP so nobody is confuzzled!)
Sincerely yours,
-Grim

Last edited by Grim (Houndour) on Sat Apr 08, 2017 12:28 pm; edited 5 times in total
Grim (Houndour)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Kaine the Trainer

Post by Halohbottech on Sun Aug 09, 2015 6:02 pm

Eegh. Nothing against you, your OC is great, I sincerely hope to see more of Kaine and Electrus, it's just that every time I see a great Trainer OC like yours, I feel a little pang of guilt for not finishing my own trainers (and ranger, but that's a different story). @_@;

Flattery and self worth re-establishment aside, wonderful little OC you have there! I personally wish you'd give us a few examples of Kaine's hyperactivity-actions are worth more than words-but I understand if that's all you want to say for now, since I assume Kaine's personality will become more fleshed out with the more RPs you join.

Along with this, I quite enjoy his backstory; being forced to rob others to support himself; such a terrible life for a child such as himself to be through. ;-; Along with this, I happen to find that you having a Minun of all Pokemon as your starter very interesting, not to mention unique! I bet Kaine and lil' Electrus will go far. :>

<3 from da best, Haloh~
Halohbottech

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Grim (Houndour) on Sun Aug 09, 2015 7:58 pm

Well, truly... I was inspired a bit by the anime. First, there's Ash and Pikachu, yes, but then there's another character...
In the movie "Destiny Deoxys", if you have ever watched it, you find out that Tory has befriended two Pokémon- a Plusle and Minun. Not to mention, my personaly favourite Electric-types are Minun, Elekid, and Ampharos (Which, I must say, I love your pic!)
However, as the story comes along, I might think of adding other members to the team... Maybe a Dark-type, we'll never truly know...

All that aside, thank you for the compliments! I have to say, it did take a bit out of me to think of the story itself... Not to mention that this is my first character! Anyways, thanks for reading the character over, I really appreciate it!
Grim (Houndour)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by evergreen lemose on Mon Aug 10, 2015 5:19 pm

Unova is my favourite region!!!!

This is a great little trainer and I love the detail you put into it. I hope to see more great works from you

Unova is my favourite region!!!! Zekrom for the win!
evergreen lemose

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Grim (Houndour) on Mon Aug 10, 2015 7:15 pm

I've never actually played Pokémon Black 2 (I know the first one, Black, had the opposite, being Reshiram), but I have played White 2, so I guess you could say I'm biased... However, Zekrom does look cool, and if I do add a Legendary to the team (Through any RP I might have), I hope to add Zekrom to the arsenal!

However, when it came to any actual battles in game, I've always been more of a Special Attack kind of guy... Probably because when I first noticed the ability Rough Skin, I was a bit paranoid that other Pokémon also had it, so I was all "Yeah, how 'bout no?"

Otherwise, thank you for the compliment! On a side note, I saw your post in "An Electrical Issue", and I'm quite interested... Let's see where the story goes!
Grim (Houndour)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by evergreen lemose on Tue Aug 11, 2015 1:20 pm

Yveltal and xerneas are rip-offs of zekrom and reshiram.
Yang pokemon (zekrom)>destruction pokemon (Yveltal)
Yin pokemon (reshiram)>life pokemon (xerneas)
evergreen lemose

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Grim (Houndour) on Tue Aug 11, 2015 1:26 pm

Er... That's a bit of an issue I have there. With Y and X, there's actually... Three. There's Yveltal and Xerneas, yes, but then theirs Zygarde... All of which are actually based on Norse Myth. All three guard the tree in the middle of each plane, yada yada yada... You should look it up! There's a fair number of Pokémon based on mythology... The most screwed up being Mawile... Hence why I never use one in any match I have... Creeps the heck outta me.
Grim (Houndour)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by evergreen lemose on Tue Aug 11, 2015 3:57 pm

I know about Norse mythology. I practically live on mythology (Greek and Norse). But I'm just making a point.
evergreen lemose

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Grim (Houndour) on Tue Aug 11, 2015 5:06 pm

Well, true, but... Zekrom and Reshriam are more aesthetic, and Yveltal and Xerneas are more down-to-the-core, truly these things. Then their's Groudon and Kyogre, which really made me sad... God damnit, adding Christian myth to a game most Creationists despise? Smart move, GameFreak...
Grim (Houndour)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rella918 on Fri Aug 21, 2015 10:07 am

Not bad! I like this character's history, his personality could be fleshed out a little more though. You said he was hyperactive, does this also mean he's easily bored? Or maybe he's super curious because of his hyperactivity? Otherwise, I like this OC, keep going with it.
Rella918

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Grim (Houndour) on Sat Aug 22, 2015 3:45 pm

I kind of meant he was just full of energy, but I should edit it so it says that he's just full of energy... That seems to be how I'm playing him. Either way, thanks for the review, Rella! I really appreciate it!
Grim (Houndour)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top