Suggestion : Remove name from the host in the host polls for MM/Trainer/PMD

Go down

Suggestion : Remove name from the host in the host polls for MM/Trainer/PMD

Post by Hydre(Hydreigon) on Sun Oct 04, 2015 2:35 pm

Hello everyone, coming from an idea that is originally from both me and Luma.

Instead of having popularity poll because of the host name appearing in the strawpoll, we could have a poll without host name, and instead, the general plot/idea around the RP for MM, region name/plot for trainer and plot for PMD. This would allow to have rotations in the host, see new blood hosting, whether it is a good, or not-so-good hosting. I can also remember Luma asking kindly people not to post their docs, so of course, the idea would need to be twitched and things. It's here cause it's a suggestion, see?

Waiting for comments/approval/disapproval/potatos on the comments below~

sig links:

Hydre(Hydreigon)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Suggestion : Remove name from the host in the host polls for MM/Trainer/PMD

Post by Firefox (Flareon) on Sun Oct 04, 2015 2:39 pm

While it is a good idea, people may (unexpectedly) end up with a bad host. I'm neutral on this.
Firefox (Flareon)

View user profile http://maplebranchwing.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Hydre(Hydreigon) on Mon Oct 05, 2015 12:34 am

Copying stuff from E's post about it :
~

The issue of people voting in host polls due to names rather than the scenarios themselves has gotten so out of hand, host polls are sometimes jokingly referred to as "popularity polls."

I believe host polls can become much more accurate and efficient with this change, and can only benefit roleplaying experiences as a whole.

~

And while we're on the topic, can we have the bot not use the term "Host" for Prom or Conquest? I do agree it is a little unnecessary, however.

sig links:

Hydre(Hydreigon)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PyrrhonWheatley on Mon Oct 05, 2015 11:39 am

Hosting a conquest should stay, but I can agree prom really has no host.

I'm equally neutral because on one hand people could actually have their RPs...rp'd. The problem is if you know Vinny has his document about seashells and volcanos, you know which doc IS Vinny's.

Another issue is (is) that it gets rid of previewing documents, something that determines whether you'll vote to them or not.

PyrrhonWheatley

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hydre(Hydreigon) on Mon Oct 05, 2015 11:48 am

See Penny'd docs? They are (most of the time) nothing but a tab, and levels/catches in trainer. That would be a problem in DnD, but not that much in other RPs ^^'

sig links:

Hydre(Hydreigon)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Penelope Skie on Mon Oct 05, 2015 5:45 pm

"Penny'd docs"

Ow, my heart. Am I really that bad?

Anyway, in order for this post to hold some meaning to the conversation, you have to first understand that people refuse to believe anything else, and hardly give chances to others if there's one single sign of similarity to a popular host, that I believe was stated before. A signature of a MM is still easily identifiable, even without the name backing it up. And people will advertise their brand of roleplay, regardless of whether or not their name is or isn't on the poll. People will figure out who is who, and namelessness on a poll won't make much of a difference. Names of a region are easily distinguished, if they've ran before, along with the fact that many popular hosts use the same documents, rendering anonymity of the nameless poll completely obsolete.

Last edited by Penelope Skie on Mon Oct 05, 2015 5:47 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : fixin a small thing)
Penelope Skie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hydre(Hydreigon) on Tue Oct 06, 2015 2:53 pm

I-I didn't say you were bad ;w; just, your docs are near always empty, yet they work. I also know your point, and this is why this thing, if it gets to happen, will be very hard to create. But eh, that's why it's a suggestion, right?

sig links:

Hydre(Hydreigon)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MightyenaBoy on Sat Oct 10, 2015 11:34 am

Yeah, mainly the thing is when you see the same host over, and over, and over; you'll get used to their thoughts and ideas. Such as them usually creating Murder Mystery plots based on (x) topic. And of course; everyone by know knows what Trainer region belongs to what user. While this would be effective for a while, in the long run it just won't pan out the way you want it to.

Driver

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PyrrhonWheatley on Sun Jan 10, 2016 12:05 am

Bumping this thread because it's still a liable issue
PyrrhonWheatley

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content