"The gentle snow girl" Io Riley the Froslass or Froslass Gijinka. (With a bonus bio)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

"The gentle snow girl" Io Riley the Froslass or Froslass Gijinka. (With a bonus bio)

Post by Rubber Ducky Z on Tue Oct 27, 2015 7:30 am

A lot has changed for Io since I first made this post both physically and a bit mentally. Click on the links to see the bio of the OC I have developed and used the most.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Db72j6z9TajM6AOb8_Jr07N3py1YI1QNeIzR_gujX18/edit?usp=sharing <--- Io's bio

As a bonus here's a smaller bio for her adoptive son.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1tVwkYeRUcoU2sZ7YEe4UWTqSDfYZguTI56VCUFN9aNA/edit?usp=sharing <--- Argos' Bio

Anyways any thoughts or constructive criticism are still appreciated! Even though I doubt anyone is gonna see or comment on this given that its been literally more than a year or two since I first posted this...

Last edited by Rubber Ducky Z on Wed Jul 05, 2017 11:45 pm; edited 14 times in total (Reason for editing : A long needed update.)
Rubber Ducky Z

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: "The gentle snow girl" Io Riley the Froslass or Froslass Gijinka. (With a bonus bio)

Post by LargeJellopy on Tue Oct 27, 2015 10:16 pm

And on the journey to the frozen north, I find a fluffier Froslass than usual! (heh)
That is if you can say Froslass are fluffy to begin with... anyway!
Is the name a pun on "Yodelay", as in the "Yodelay hee-hoo" that hikers on icy mountains yell?

I can only hope that, with some time of RPing, any of my OCs can have such a truly huge relationship list!
Io Riley' biography encapsulates well a part of why I like the Pokémon scenario - there's so much one can do with the creatures, locations they come from, and the myths around them, such as the one of Froslass having once been women~~
This kind of bio, while simple in idea, helps add to the sense of mystique that, sometimes, separates the Pokémon world from a glorified nature documentary, and I like that~~

I wonder if Io Riley internalized some of the hate from her brother for Ice mons, or if she has full conscience it wasn't her fault for anything that happened about that, from the Cryogonal attack to her transformation into a Froslass...
I may just hope to see her somewhere, mabe even somewhere icy~~

May we meet later!

Waroo, an Aurorus Hiwahiwa, a Gorebyss Jiggly, a Goodra Cassandra, an Absol
General Winter Morozko, Articuno Jinn, a Whimsicott Jordan, a Lapras Kelly, a Gallade
LargeJellopy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: "The gentle snow girl" Io Riley the Froslass or Froslass Gijinka. (With a bonus bio)

Post by Rubber Ducky Z on Tue Oct 27, 2015 10:42 pm

LargeJellopy wrote:And on the journey to the frozen north, I find a fluffier Froslass than usual! (heh)
That is if you can say Froslass are fluffy to begin with... anyway!
Is the name a pun on "Yodelay", as in the "Yodelay hee-hoo" that hikers on icy mountains yell?

I can only hope that, with some time of RPing, any of my OCs can have such a truly huge relationship list!
Io Riley' biography encapsulates well a part of why I like the Pokémon scenario - there's so much one can do with the creatures, locations they come from, and the myths around them, such as the one of Froslass having once been women~~
This kind of bio, while simple in idea, helps add to the sense of mystique that, sometimes, separates the Pokémon world from a glorified nature documentary, and I like that~~

I wonder if Io Riley internalized some of the hate from her brother for Ice mons, or if she has full conscience it wasn't her fault for anything that happened about that, from the Cryogonal attack to her transformation into a Froslass...
I may just hope to see her somewhere, mabe even somewhere icy~~

May we meet later!

I appreciate your thoughts.
Anyways yeah I prefer using Pokémon or Gijinka OCs because they can be so varied in terms of Personality as well as the other stuff you mentioned and also due to the fact Pokémon are generally shown to be as intelligent (or more intelligent) as humans and not mere animals.
And I got my original bio format from a person name Liu (Furret) who got that format from Phoenix Wright. (Both of whom seem to be long gone.) I've made several changes to it since then and it was originally simpler than some other peoples bios but I still like it that way.
To answer some of your questions. No Io's name is not based on a pun on that phrase hikers use. Her first name is based off the name of a women from Greek mythology though its also the name of a moon in our solar system. (If it is spelled using an I)

Also Io has a full conscience but kinda feels like it is her fault since she tried to go to the lake on her own and wasn't properly prepared for bad weather. She had nothing to do with the Cryogonal that attacked her brother. She does want to reunite with her brother at some point but 1. She doesn't know how to contact him even though she's aware he currently lives in the Hoenn and 2. It isn't her biggest priority currently.

Regardless Io is actually rather content with her life at the moment despite it being rather simple and modest. She also has come to like her Froslass form.

Anyways I hope we get the chance to rp together more often despite the time that has passed since this post was first written.

Last edited by Rubber Ducky Z on Sun Apr 16, 2017 4:57 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Updated. Changed several sentences.)
Rubber Ducky Z

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top