A new RP? Not custom?

Go down

A new RP? Not custom?

Post by Ninjasifu on Tue Oct 27, 2015 10:02 pm

Well, I never thought I'd say this, but I'm sick of CQ and FR running 24/7, kinda. It's even MORE annoying how the usual MM and GVE follow after. Trainer lasts about 3-12 hours, and PMD never even [REDACTED] runs! I say we need a new generic RP on the top. Maybe better than CQ. Maybe better than FR. Even greater the SeSk's Future Diary MM! (really sorry SeSk) So...

I need anyone to reply an idea, then a room owner (Maybe Former) can pass it, then we can have a new, fresh, likable RP!
Ninjasifu

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: A new RP? Not custom?

Post by Arensen (Gardevoir) on Tue Oct 27, 2015 11:40 pm

While I sympathise with your frustration, as I've felt it several times myself, that's really a long way from how the formation process of a new RP works. The reason that FR, CQ, MM and GVE are run so often is quite simply because they're really darn popular! Lots of people in the room like them, which means that, to get a new 'generic RP' on top as you put it, somehow, an RP would have to be constructed which would be MORE popular than those.

Furthermore, the process that you'd suggested in your last line is, quite frankly, almost exactly how new customs are formed. Someone concocts an idea, then bugs one of the auth until they authorise it to run. What's just happened is a fresh new likable RP (just like you described) made by a user (just like you described). So that begs the question, if everyone's making RPs which Are The Freshest RP On The Block, how is it that the RP cycle is still the same?

And that issue I've mentioned earlier. Popularity. An RP has to bereally good in concept, on the level of exceptional to have a chance of running. People naturally know that the Cycle consists of good RPs, so its easy enough to vote for those. However, if another RP is good enough (and I mean good enough) then it will be voted for in main. An example of that is my custom Palinchron (which I really should run again), which was voted for in main a couple of weeks ago. However, for them to be generic, they also need to be simple enough for almost anyone in the room to host, which means that Palinchron could never be made into a generic RP.

But if, this is the hypothetical if, if you could make a custom that was brilliant, simple, and just plain fun, then I think that people would vote for it. And eventually the room will start to look forward to it as much as they do their Cycle. And at that point, you can throw open hosting permission, say 'Anyone may host this custom!' and lo and behold, another Generic RP has been created.

But naturally this process takes time. And ideas. And popularity. And determination. It's a long road, Ninjasifu, and not an easy one, but by all means, try to follow it.
Arensen (Gardevoir)
Voice
Voice

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SeriouslySkarmory on Wed Oct 28, 2015 4:08 am

Ninjasifu wrote: Even greater the SeSk's Future Diary MM! (really sorry SeSk)
If you think my MM is the best RP in main, you're either mistaken or flattering me. Or you actually think that and I'm truly honoured if that is the case.
SeriouslySkarmory

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Galom on Mon Nov 23, 2015 11:46 am

If you want to see less common Roleplays experience a resurgence, make an excellent document and try to host it yourself. If you do a good job, you may rebuild excitement for it.

For example, when I joined the room, Trainer did exist, but it was not popular at all. In fact, it was not until months after I joined that I even learned it existed. However, today, it is a staple of the room. Hosts like Penelope Skie helped to repopularize it. You can do the same for whatever RP you want, even a custom. When a RP garners enough popularity, regardless of who created it, it will become official.

Room Owner
Room Owner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by G11 on Tue Dec 01, 2015 2:30 pm

How about Pokemon Contest, like in the anime, when May shows off her Beautifly's beauty. Now we can choose whichever Pokemon we want and the host or someone can be the judge. I'm just making an idea, so yeah. This might not be the best idea, but still, I'm just trying to fill this room with suggestions.. Laughing

G11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Galom on Wed Dec 02, 2015 11:51 am

It's been done before and from what I've seen it's been pretty unsuccessful. If you wish to improve it, though, you're welcome to try.

Room Owner
Room Owner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Illario on Thu Dec 17, 2015 11:30 pm

this is nothing new. in fact, it's far from it. before it was fr and cq, it was fr and mm, and so on so forth. the trends in the roleplaying community revolve around accessibility and personal interest. why do people like FR? because it provides them the freedom to do whatever plot they want and be as random as they desire! why do people like MM? because they get to work to solve a mystery, slaughter their own pals, or simply enjoy writing executions!

as far as I can tell, it can't come down to "fr and cq are overdone so lets outhype it!" what you need is something that's so approachable and relatable to the general community that it sparks a common interest, which is... easier said than done, needless to say. you could also construct a very good document for an overlooked rp like penny did for trainer as galom said beforehand. either way, I look forward to seeing what people come up with!
Illario
Driver
Driver

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Colora on Sun Dec 27, 2015 5:53 pm

Whatever you make should have a good name too I'd think. Most people generally just glance at the names as far as I can tell. If it takes time to have to look it over first I'd think more people are generally going to go with whats already popular.

It wouldn't hurt to try and come up with a completely different RP base tho, but I can't come up with anything better than a FR variant.
Colora

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down