"No pain, no gain" - Banshee the Cubone

View previous topic View next topic Go down

"No pain, no gain" - Banshee the Cubone

Post by Cave_Hamster Cubone on Fri Oct 30, 2015 3:43 pm

"The thugs get put right, the innocent get a calm life but only the ones who seek explanations over all else truly understand what life is about,"
- Banshee the Cubone.

Level : 30
Items : Thick club ( Flak's) and a bandage (Wrapped around left hand)

Most used moves :
Flamethrower (Learned from Flak)
Iron Head
Double Edge
Bone Rush

Occasionally uses :
Protect
Swords Dance
Stone Edge
Skull Bash

Extremely rarely uses :
Perish Song

Backstory :
Before he had his unforgiving Nickname thrown at him, Banshee was called Caver. This was because he was found in a cave by his now deceased mother, Flak the Charizard. Contrary to popular belief, Banshee was neither a baby kangaskhan nor a charmander before he put on his skull. He was actually his own species who are known for wearing bones as armour. What sets him apart is the shape of the skull, as the usual shape is somewhat like that of a Kadabra. When Banshee was surrounded by his own community it made him feel safe, and he felt he could enjoy himself without the need to check over his back every few seconds. He was the popular child out of them, always teasing the nerds and bullying the weaker ones. However, it is custom for his people to release their children out into the wild so they can find their own path. This never really worked though, most of the kids either returned straightaway or came back in a couple of days. When it was Caver's turn, however, he didn't come back for a while.

He was on his journey through the fields, looking for a town to rest in when he came across a pebbled road. He realised this must take him to a town pretty quickly, so he happily started walking. A couple of hours walking and he could see the town! It wasn't much, just 4 or 5 houses, but that was all he wanted. He started to sprint when a considerable force slammed into the side of Caver, knocking the breath out of him. Having not trained before it took him a few seconds of flailing his arms and legs about before he could finally get up. He looked around nervously, the sweat running off his face. He heard a voice that sounded like rustling leaves ; "That's it, dear Bouffalant. Stay there." Caver was really scared now. It sounded like whatever was with the bull Pokemon was coming towards him and that was only backed up by the sound of crunching leaves and twigs. Caver broke, he couldn't stand this anymore so he started to run. "Give chase, Bouffalant!" Soon he heard the steady thumps as the hooves slammed into the ground behind him. he kept on running, not seeing there was a cave in front of him. When he came to a dead end, he turned around. He didn't hear anything and started to cry.The figure that then walked in front of him was a Cacturne! Caver charged, not knowing what to do, flailing his arms and trying to punch. The Cacturne quickly dodged them, then smacked him flying with a Grass Punch. Caver was still trying to stand upwhen the Cacturne shouted "Vine Whip," And a slender, thin vine whipped his cheek, drawing tears. They did this for a while, until Caver had multiple wounds all bleeding out and was knocked out. "He has nothing," Cacturne muttered, as he flipped on to Bouffalant's back and rode off.

In the town, one of the houses lit up at 4:00 in the morning. The charizard that stepped out, Flak, yawned and then started to walk. There was a cave near the town and it was a nice place to sit down and think. Over on the side of the road, A worried Cacturne was thinking out loud. "I really feel sorry for him, I feel we should put him out of his misery..." He said. Bouffalant shook his head as if to say I'm ready, so Cacturne got on and started galloping. When he got there and no-one was there except the body, still knocked out. He decided it was time to kill it and was just aabout to punch him one more time with a Grass Punch when a burst of brilliant blue flames shot past him. He turned around quickly and saw the aggressor. A mighty, intimidating Charizard! Knowing that Grass vs Fire isn't the best matchup, he started to run. Everything aroound him suddenly became really hot and he was sweating humongously. as he fell to the floor, realising it was Heat Wave, his back was hit with a countinuous Flamethrower. He died there, and turned to ash. As the Charizard looked around for the Bouffalant, it had already ran. "Cowards." She said, under her breath. "Picking on a small child and then running from an unfavourable fight. I have no respect for anyone like that." Flak shook her head, looking at the small body. She thought it was dead, but the faint breathing sound confirmed otherwise. Having thought about it for a few minutes, she picked up the battered child carefully and started to fly back home.

When Caver woke up, the Charizard was standing over him, wrapping bandages around his wounds. He flinched when he saw her but then calmed down. His whole body ached when he moved, so he just layed still. "Who are you?" He asked, his throaght still hurting. "I'm called Flak," replied the Charizard, not looking up from her work. "Y-you saved me?"
"Yes, I did. All done, do you want to wrap this around your left wrist please." Replied Flak impatiently. Caver, anxious to learn more, quickly did so and looked at Flak expectantly. "What's your name?" Flak asked. "Oh yes, sorry. I can't quite seem to remember..." He replied, thrown off by His memory loss.
"Ok, we'll just call you Caver for now. Well then, Caver, Can you stand?" The Charizard questioned. Caver jumped out of the bed and landed on his feet. It hurt a little but he shrugged it off. Flak flinched at his landing but saw he could obviously walk. "Alright then Caver, can you got to the house directly opposite and knock on the door? A Pokemon called Sawsbuck will answer.  Don't worry she's very friendly." So he walked across the familiar looking pebble road and knocked on the wooden door opposite. The door creaked open and in front of him stood a deer, very imposing with it's massive antlers. "Urmmm.. Hey, I'm Caver. Flak sent me over,"
"Oh, you're the poor child Flak rescued yesterday? Oh come in." Sawsbuck said kindly. As Caver walked in the door shut behind him."Don't worry, he does that a lot."
"Huh? That's a door not a person..." Caver thought.
"Come out, Gastly." Sawsbuck commanded. A purple ball surrounded in gas came out of the door, giggled, and floated off. "Flak sent you here to learn how to defend yourself, am I correct?" Sawsbuck questioned him. Upon seeing Caver tilt his head in confusion, he stated "So, Flak hasn't told you yet? She sent you here so you could learn a Pokemon move to defend yourself better. Come, have a look at all the moves I can use and decide on one to learn. After about 10 minutes of explaining moves, Sawsbuck said she's finished. "I thought Sawsbuck learn 19 moves naturally. You only said 18," Caver said.
"There's a move that we can use but it's highly dangerous. I personally don't like it at all." Sawsbuck stated
"Oh? What's it called?"
"Double Edge." Sawsbuck replied fearfully

The next day Caver and Sawsbuck were training together, preparing for his first Double Edge. Sawsbuck was teaching him how to ignore the recoil by focusing his mind. Yes, it will still hurt, but it won't throw you off as much as normal. She was also trying to teach him how to get it at full power so the trade-off is better. They practiced for hours on end until it was finally time to go home to Flak. "So Caver, i'm curious. What move are you learning?" Caver had been trying to avoid this question, knowing it could only end in tears. "Double edge." Caver announced firmly.
"Double edge? I'm suprised Sawsbuck let you learn that... Oh well, I don't mind. Can you do one thing for me?"
"Yeah," said Caver curiously
"After your first succesfull attempt, tell her 'No pain, no gain'." Flak asked. Caver nodded, confused but he knew it must have meaning. So when he went back, and he used Double Edge it stung for a little while but he didn't care and stated this to Sawsbuck. Sawsbuck asked him how and to that he cheekily replied "Well, No pain, no gain."

After a couple days of relaxing, Flak came up to him and asked if he wanted to learn a new move. When Caver asked what move she said "My signature, Flamethrower." This one took him a lot longer to learn with about a year of training before he could perform it successfully. By that time Flak deemed himsuitable for the outside world, and released him, telling him to come and visit her every now and again. Caver left for a year, training and making a few friends (Specifically Dayku the Trevenant and Pouches the Pachirisu). Eventually when he came back, the whole town was silent. No lights or anything. Worried, he dashed over to Sawsbuck's house and found it completely empty. As he was about to leave, Gastly came out of the cupboard. Scared and shivering, it floated there unhappily. If Gastly was scared, something was definately wrong. With Gastly beside him, he ran over to Flak's house and smashed the door down. It was there that he saw a lifeless body, limp on the floor. Flak's toungue was hanging out of his mouth and his supposed everlasting tail-flame flickered one last time, then went out for good. Caver knelt beside Flak's body and started to scream. It was a demonic sound, coming straight out of hell. It wasn't a sad scream, it was more of an angry wail. Only about a quarter mile away, in the woods, a Bouffalant with blood on his hooves was startled by this noise and started to run, warning everyone he saw that there was a dreaded "Banshee" about. Ever since that day, Gastly and Banshee (The name stuck) are still looking for whichever Pokemon had a black enough heart to do this.
Cave_Hamster Cubone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: "No pain, no gain" - Banshee the Cubone

Post by Halohbottech on Sat Oct 31, 2015 2:35 pm

Very interesting, very interesting indeed! I love these dark backstories (if my own aren't obvious enough), and yours has the making of a very Batman-esq character, plus, I love how he got his nickname with that horrendous screech! I could imagine him rushing into battle making that sound and scaring off all but the most hardened of Pokemon. I love him, and hope to meet him when RPing in PS! Razz

<3 from da best, Haloh~
Halohbottech

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cave_Hamster Cubone on Sat Oct 31, 2015 2:54 pm

Aww thanks man! That means a lot as I really love all your bios. Has Darkside been done yet? If not then I'd really like to see him, as he has a really interesting backstory.
Cave_Hamster Cubone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by LargeJellopy on Sat Oct 31, 2015 6:56 pm

Wandering through the forums, what do I see?
A Batman Cubone made on a more unexpected manner than you'd think!

I find it funny how you explain that Cubone is not a Charmander, yet Caver was taken in by a Charizard who ended up being his dead mother! If anything, that could fuel even more the theory that Cubone is a Charmander and the Charizard recognized it as a lost baby or something before adopting him xD

Survival stories of a Pokémon in the wild are some that I appreciate, since the wilds are pretty unforgiving most of the time!
Banshee's story in particular reminds me a lot of my own Waroo's, if I may say so~~
As they had to leave their kind very young, both came under serious threat by violent, larger wild Pokémon, but they were saved by draconian, cave-dwelling Pokémon (Charizard and Axew, respectively) who then raised them into health and might, but not enough might to already be an evolved form when they were separated from their adoptive families, and the savage lives they've led since made them rather distrusting little mons...
Interestingly, they even share the quirk of being on the Monster egg group and having been adopted by other mons on the monster/dragon Egg Groups, and the parallels go even further when you realize they were both named after their cries; Banshee was named for his bloodcurling scream, while "Waroo" is an onomatopoeia for Amaura's ingame cry!

The similarities stop there, since Banshee was by no means sheltered at any point of his life while Waroo was overprotected before being let go, Banshee was left out when Flak felt he was strong enough while Waroo was kicked out so she could get strong enough, and Banshee had his mother murdered while Waroo was expelled until she wouldn't be a burden, but I feel the two could very much understand each other; maybe even get along well, if you catch my drift~~

Just a note, though... Cacturne can't learn Vine Whip at all xD
Also, does he wander around with that Gastly friend? Yay, double characters!
Here's hoping I bump into you on some RP, and may we meet later!

Waroo, an Aurorus Hiwahiwa, a Gorebyss Jiggly, a Goodra Cassandra, an Absol
General Winter Morozko, Articuno Jinn, a Whimsicott Jordan, a Lapras Kelly, a Gallade
LargeJellopy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cave_Hamster Cubone on Sun Nov 01, 2015 3:28 am

Thanks for the review! (Oh. I thought he got vine whip XD)
Cave_Hamster Cubone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Halohbottech on Sun Nov 01, 2015 9:34 pm

Thanks, that means a lot, Cubone. Smile And, to answer your question, no, I haven't done "Darkside"'s backstory yet. I've still got to finish off Ace's, then he'll come next. It'll be a pain to write, but I'm sure I'll get it done.

<3 from da best, Haloh~
Halohbottech

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top