The songs that marked you.

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The songs that marked you.

Post by Hydre(Hydreigon) on Sat Nov 07, 2015 7:55 pm

As the title say, everyone can post one, or multiple, songs that definitely marked their lives, because of personnal context, when and where you first heard it, or it made you discover a whole new genre of music.

Everything is fair game (and it might give me new artists to listen).

I'll start with a song I didn't hear for some time, but might have changed my life.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ORHRvI7o23g

The lyrics are definitely inspirating, and even if the band might do christian rock, I din't care. That song is beautifull, speaking about charity, and what you can do to help.

As said before, feel free to post things.
Hydre(Hydreigon)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The songs that marked you.

Post by PurplePeahen on Sat Nov 07, 2015 8:50 pm

This song right here is what people have told me my theme song would play. It's from the video game NieR.
To really understand why it fits me, you need to take into account where and when this song plays, and what character it represents in-game. Then, you might just be able to tell why it suits me. Did that make sense~?

This song represents me slightly. For reasons people will never understand, and for reasons that I'd keep to myself. brb crying b/c of the beauty of this song

Lastly, this song (At least listen to it until the :45 mark~~) represents me slightly. And C/P the rest of what I said for the first song.

I can't decide which one uwah

PurplePeahen

View user profile http://play.pokemonshowdown.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragonite99 on Sun Nov 08, 2015 11:38 am

this is a cool thread! Tracking!
Dragonite99

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Divine Aerial-Noivern on Sun Nov 08, 2015 6:46 pm

The Sham Rock version of "Tell me Ma."
I'm ashamed that I haven't played this song in plug.
and "Get it Together" by The Go! Team.
Divine Aerial-Noivern

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MightyenaBoy on Tue Nov 10, 2015 3:57 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dGR65RWwzg8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9MHGtlEYZBA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQHsXMglC9A
Should be self explanatory.

Driver

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryan Fitzmagic on Tue Nov 10, 2015 4:17 pm

Coming Down - Five Finger Death Punch, song that sparked my interest into whag is now my favorite band and first Heavy Metal band.

M.I.A - Avenged Sevenfold, this is just a really good song and my all time favorite song
Ryan Fitzmagic
Driver
Driver

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Day of the Dead on Tue Nov 10, 2015 7:28 pm

I know it's pretty expected for the band, but it just has a simple, true meaning that whenever I listen to I have confidence that I can feel it.

Hollywood Undead - Young.

I know, I'm a HU fan (but I still like Deuce a lot heheheheee), but I can't get over this meaning. I stick to it because I realize this world isn't all so happy as the little children make it out to be. I stick to it because of my own young age, thirteen.

We all have to endure times in our lives when we feel alone, even if there's somebody right beside you. We all have to learn to stay strong in this corrupted world.

Yes, corrupted.

"We are young, but we have heart! Born in this world as it all falls apart!"

We're the future. We are the ones who will make this world a better and a much livable place.

There's nothing we can't do when we all stick together and hope for the better while taking an action towards peace.
Day of the Dead

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHDWU5FOc04

Back to top Go down

Post by Dreaming Asriel on Tue Nov 10, 2015 7:37 pm

Any and all songs by System of a Down, NOFX, Weezer, The Lonely Island & Korn- These were the songs I literally spent most of my time listening to with my dad. He means the world to me, and these bands remind me of him. <3

Break My Mind by DAGames- Probably the ultimate FNaF song for me to listen to. Haters gonna hate, but Will Ryan is amazeballs. It also made me make new words.

Hear Me Now by Hollywood Undead- I love it, I love it, I really really love it. Danny senpai will be mine.

*hack wheeze*

Okay I guess I should say it. This is the song I've been making the two year old brother listen to.

--UPDATE--
Bring Me To Life by Evanescence- TOTALLY FORGOT THIS ONE X.X

It's like... The song of my first few years of living.

My sister had this Evanescence CD and I just...

This song takes me back, you know?

Last edited by Armored Chandelure on Fri Nov 13, 2015 8:07 am; edited 1 time in total
Dreaming Asriel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Fraction on Wed Nov 11, 2015 6:38 am

'We Fight Together' by Namie Amuro, gets me all hopeful and fills me with nostalgia, also comes as an opening song of my favorite series.
'Main Hoon Hero Tera' By Armaan Malik, a slow, romantic song I like, because it reminds me of a deceased loved one.
'Together We Are' By Comets We Fall, I dunno why, but this hits me on some place near my heart.
'Outside' By Hollywood Undead, thought it would be fun to sing this one with my friends. Became one of our most liked songs.
'Magnet' the vocaloid song, in Kagamine Rin and Len's voices. I just love this one.
'Unravel', the opening of Tokyo Ghoul. It reminds me of something too.
'Still Worth Fighting For' by My Darkest Days. This is another nice one. Would really recommend this one for the people who haven't heard it.
'Let Me Hear' by NateWantsToBattle, an English version of the opening of Parasyte. I realized something when I heard it.
..And the list goes on and on. I also like vintage songs. n_n

Last edited by LegendaryBoy on Fri Nov 13, 2015 11:42 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Updated list.)
Fraction
Voice
Voice

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lux Gracetail on Wed Nov 11, 2015 6:48 pm

Hmm... What do I say...? I'll probably edit this later, and put in some songs. Probably.

A Lucario in a longcoat. . .  How dangerous could he be?

Credit to Blue Kitteh for the Official Staff Banners and credit to Irraquated for the personal banner.

Lux Gracetail

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SeriouslySkarmory on Fri Nov 13, 2015 4:34 am

Whoa. Hm... this is a tough one.
Epic by Faith No More: This song has lifted me up in some pretty dark times because of how upbeat it is for a grungy metal song. Plus that piano solo <3
Magia by Kalafina: This is my otaku anthem. Anyone who's watched Madoka Magica should know what this song means for the series, and for me it marks the first time I truly understood that animation wasn't all for kids. Plus the ending clip this was matched to haunted my dreams as a kid.
Megalovania by Toby Fox (Any Mix): As soon as I first heard this song a couple of weeks ago, I loved it. Catchy and well-orchestrated. Since then, it has escalated into one of my favourite gaming songs EVER, and I feel that it not only fits me as a person, but also as a gamer. It was this song that got me to play Undertale, I kid you not. And while I don't think it's the best game in any respect, this song alone puts its soundtrack up there for me with the likes of Super Mario Galaxy. I have listened to the other mixes since, and Homestuck's metal version, while less engaging, is a great translation of this originally chiptune track into conventional music and I love it.
SeriouslySkarmory

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hydre(Hydreigon) on Fri Nov 13, 2015 7:47 am

Aight, I'm gonna add, like, 3 more songs that definitely changed me to who I am right now.

First is... Theme of SSS, Angel Beats.

This song is... beautifull. I just can't describe it, because it's both sad and uplifting at the same time. It's also one of the main songs of the anime, and this anime is the one that introduced me to all the ones I've been watching since. But it doesn't stop here. This song got a remix, and even if I can't remember it in the show, it is... different. More of a battle theme.

Same anime... same basis, and YET, it just showed me the other side of a coin. That even if something, someone, doesn't show to be a way, it/he/she can also be something else. Young-me got the best idea ever when watching this anime, and I'll never regret it.

Coming up 3rd, and with a genre twist is a song some of you might know, and is Castle of Glass, by Linkin Park.

While this song is definitely more known, and listened... also more mainstream, I can't help but relate to the lyrics, for personnal reasons. I listened it for literally hours. And still, every time I listen to it, it just hits me more than I could think of.

I might get to make a thread about 'The characters you can relate to', later. Remains to be seen.

sig links:

Hydre(Hydreigon)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Darkness (Umbreon) on Sat Nov 14, 2015 8:53 am

I got too many songs to relate to.
But Tristam's 'Crave' is worth checking out. It teaches me too much about human morals and how much we fail to realise that greed will potentially be the end of us. The music video says 99% of it.

Take me for a spin, take it easy, make it redline, make it whine. Make it so we are hitting the high 90's. Make it so we are screaming our lungs out with joy as they get filled with the very smoke from the burning rubber. Do that, and we'll be great friends.

Darkness (Umbreon)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Articuno on Sat Nov 14, 2015 12:11 pm

Hate This And I'll Love You - Muse

Polaroid - Imagine Dragons

The Troubles - U2

Room Owner

Crascking the ban whip
Stop stalking.

View user profile