The songs that marked you.

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The songs that marked you.

Post by Sabre on Thu Feb 04, 2016 1:23 am

oh hey look a place i can place a bunch of earthbound songs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwHZwvTdnPI The best song to use when sad but ready to accept happy things in life.

Um, yeah, that.

ff7 is a good game
Sabre

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lura Alkina on Mon Feb 22, 2016 3:41 pm

https://soundcloud.com/redq-1/sets/electro-swing

I found this song not too long ago...

And now I feel like it almost describes me perfectly, though others may beg to differ...
Lura Alkina

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Marshall De Vos on Thu Mar 24, 2016 7:11 am

Twisted Insane ft. Charlie Ray - In The Dirt

The story of my life, well, almost. I don't expect anyone to understand why this moves me as much as it does, but just give it a listen.
Marshall De Vos
Voice
Voice

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Life's Rainbow on Thu Mar 24, 2016 4:27 pm

http://listenonrepeat.com/?v=id69xlDk0f8#%28REUPLOAD%29_Pokken_Tournament_OST_-_Neos_City_-_Stage_Music
Why do I use listenonrepeat?
So I don't have to click "restart" every time.
Life's Rainbow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cave_Hamster Cubone on Mon Apr 18, 2016 2:10 am

The kids aren't alright - Fall out boy
I picked that one because it is just in general a really tear-jerking song. It also reminds me of my friend, who got me into this band. They lost their battle to cancer recently, and it's just never quite the same without them.
Death of a Bachelor - Panic! at the Disco
I picked this song because it got me into the band, and similar types of music.
Grace Kelly - MIKA
This song is literally the whole of my childhood up to two digits. I used to sing along, with my parents. I thought it was called the colour song Smile
Cave_Hamster Cubone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucariobro99 on Sat May 21, 2016 6:31 pm

Lucariobro99

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Enchidio on Wed May 25, 2016 10:12 pm

"Uncle Grandpa is my favorite anime"
"Why the fuck is this show on Adult Swim im switching to Nick Jr."
I can make your legend doc look as amazing as Julius Cole Roblox Hater's rapping
Friend request me or I kill your house
Im a voice
I can sprite whatever you want as long as you don't fuck up
I play offline Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 and im prolly better at it than you im a saiyan
I maine water in cq
I have a deviantart
I try not 2 shitpost
Roleplaying room driver
U can call me Enchi Enchidio or whatever just dont call me Raelcontor kthxbye
Enchidio

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlazzah on Thu Jun 16, 2016 4:35 pm

Since this is actually a thing while I was lazily looking around the forums, I thought I might as well share a few of the many, many songs that have clearly left a good mark on me, whether it be because of something I was going through, nostalgia or just downright good songs, in my opinion at least.

Here are a few:

Eclipse - Okamiden: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chP6UPVDObE ; This was one of the more recent final boss battle themes I've heard, especially since nowadays I rarely finish a game to the end. I have heard this song before I played Okamiden, but after playing it, it reminded me of how fitting a song is to its game's final battle.

Kinesis Theme - MapleStory: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KXgRtbySMfY ; I fell in love with this song since the very first time I heard it while playing my Kinesis class. There's no other type of song that I can think of that fits the character, as a whole, more than this one.

Balderan Mining Village Hunting Grounds - Windslayer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UyGyi07o3OM ; I had to put a song from my very first MMO, and since I couldn't for the life of me find Aozia Plains (best song in the game), I had to use my 2nd fav. Despite you having to stay in this area to train Lv. 32-40 and leveling super slowly (around 45 hours in-game for Lv. 34-35), this song still managed to stay with me all the way through the journey I had on this game. Best game ever, shame it closed down.

Edit: Looks like I actually managed to find Aozia Plains' theme. It changed areas from Windslayer to Korean Windslayer, but the theme is still just as good. One of the best rewards after reaching Lv.49 (final skill in Windslayer) is this song.

Aozia Plains - Windslayer // Balderan Mining Village Hunting Grounds - Windslayer S Reborn: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MPbh-QUdYcc

I'll maybe post a few more in the future,,

Vlazzah
Driver
Driver

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by EriselleClaraHyn on Sun Sep 11, 2016 12:42 am

So, uhm, hi, I'm just gonna put a couple of songs here. All the songs here are attached to real life situations and such. So, for now, this is just gonna be a list, maybe add descriptions later, dunno really. uwu; Enjoy!

You Don't Know Me - Ben Folds : Pretty much my message to those that have either a. made fun of me, b. tried to take advantage of me, or c. other category. Obviously, they don't know me if they've tried bringing me down in some fashion. As usually, I'm not that easy to bring down.

Adventure of a Lifetime - Coldplay : Pretty much my sense of adventure, willingness to take a trip into the unknown. Reminds me a lot of Marching Band as well.

Keep Holding On - Avril Lavigne : Ah yes, uhm, this one is a bit personal actually. My half-sister used to sing this all the time, it helped her get over the loss of her friend. Well, due to certain circumstances, I can't see this half-sister anymore, so, this song has become my way of coping with that, though, it can't really stop the pain. ( Feel the edge. )

Unique - Lenka : The song that symbolizes that I am a very special snowflake. You all are as well, just remember that. Also, this song is super relateable to me, just, yeah.

Human - Christina Perri : Another song on a personal level, kind of private as well. Just things concerning my mother and some other people.

Roll With the Punches - Lenka : Yes, life has knocked me around quite a bit sometimes, but, I've scraped by, I've made it, become stronger. This song symbolizes how I just roll with the punches.

Smoke + Mirrors - Imagine Dragons : This song really seems to hit home. Not sure why, but, sometimes, maybe I'm just a hormonal angsty teenager mess at the time, it brings me to tears. Probably reflects how I wish things were different in some ways.

Learn to Fly - Foo Fighters : I'm soaring for new heights, testing my limits, learning to fly as I become older and more poetic stuff. Basically explains my yearning to become better and go that 2 extra inches.

Lazarus - David Bowie : David Bowie was a huge part of the small childhood I had, and for him to leave so soon hurts me. Not only that, it makes me realize that someday, I could be in his position, and that scares me, greatly.

No More - NateWantsToBattle : First of all, yes, it's a FNaF song, discovered it through just being a fan of NWTB, but, it has a really deep meaning to me. It basically shows what I feel towards my biological mother, though, I do want to be with her again, just, not when she's like this.

Love Like You - Rebecca Sugar : Just another thing I'm going to add here, not really gonna expain it right now.

Magic - Coldplay : Just gonna leave this here, I uhm, yeah.

Last edited by EriselleClaraHyn on Sun Sep 11, 2016 1:13 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Added Descriptions/Forgot a couple of songs/More songs...)
EriselleClaraHyn
Voice
Voice

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Enchidio on Mon Sep 12, 2016 12:56 am

you like "love like you"
cool

"Uncle Grandpa is my favorite anime"
"Why the fuck is this show on Adult Swim im switching to Nick Jr."
I can make your legend doc look as amazing as Julius Cole Roblox Hater's rapping
Friend request me or I kill your house
Im a voice
I can sprite whatever you want as long as you don't fuck up
I play offline Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 and im prolly better at it than you im a saiyan
I maine water in cq
I have a deviantart
I try not 2 shitpost
Roleplaying room driver
U can call me Enchi Enchidio or whatever just dont call me Raelcontor kthxbye
Enchidio

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Spade Magnes on Tue Sep 13, 2016 8:07 am

Ohh, boy. This. Where do I start.

First off, The Appeal and the Mindsweep I: The first Enter Shikari song I ever heard, it was what drew me into the band initially-- Then listening to the rest of the album, I came to fall in love with the band.

Next up, Stealth Blades, from the GoF2 OST. When playing the Supernova DLC storyline there was this one particularly annoying mission where I had to deliver a highly explosive substance halfway across the galaxy and couldn't use my Khador Drive because of how volatile it was. To make matters worse, a fleet of stealth fighters would harass me throughout, and this was their theme. To this day I hear it in my head whenever I feel like I'm screwed.

Third off, Imagine Dragons - Monster: I'm a massive fan of the Infinity Blade franchise as a whole, and it's through the third game that I found out about this song (Mainly, the Imagine Dragon weapon, which turns the battle theme into this song). If I don't have my iPad on me, this song serves to remind me of all the epic battles I've led Siris-- and Isa --through.

Miracle of Sound - Hell to Pay: No bullshit, I hate the room. There's exceptions, but I still hate the room. This song has been in my head ever since it came out for the sheer amount of times I wanted to [DATA EXPUNGED]. Also, it's catchy as hell.

CaptainSparklez (feat. TryHardNinja) - Revenge: A couple years ago I had a little career in school as a (very popular) singer. This was the song that kicked me off on that path; I performed it at my first talent show back in sixth grade. It also kicked off my colossal iTunes music library.

Lying Coldly (LBP Music Sequencer Mix): This song is torture to listen to, for me-- But not because it's bad. Back when I first joined the room I spent a lot of time on the plug. It was a fun time, full of me messing around and good memories in general. I still get that feeling from listening to this, and often end up pretty frustrated that that time is long gone.

Harry Gregson-Williams - Advanced Soldier Overture: A lot of songs get me "in the zone", or have me inspired, but none so much as this one. The Advanced Warfare OST in general is top-notch, but this piece is the one that inspires me.

Major Lazer - Watch Out For This (Bumaye): This is how I got to know Major Lazer, one of my favorite artists. Not to mention it's implanted itself in my head thanks to being the jingle for a Pepsi commercial that plays at the cinemas here.

Miracle of Sound - Resistance: Over the course of the past few months I've been hammering out a custom called Wolfenstein: The New Resistance. It was intended to be my magnum opus, the biggest project I've done in the time I was an active participant in the room. This song was what inspired the idea for the custom, and the name for it as well.

Double Up! CHVRCHES - Warning Call and Solar Fields - Catalyst: Between late 2014 and June 7th, I was living in a little circle of Hell-- I was waiting for Mirror's Edge Catalyst. The first song, Warning Call, is the theme of the game, and its release a bit before the actual game was released was a sign to me that the wait was almost over. Catalyst, on the other hand, is the title theme for the game, which plays after the prologue is completed. When I heard that, I knew the game I'd waited so long for was here to stay.

Jack Wall - I Live (Orchestral Version): What is it with CoD and having some amazing orchestral soundtracks!? Anyway, school was hell, what with the constant bullshit going on. This and a few other songs fit perfectly, giving me reason to hammer on and not just give up. As you can tell by the fact that I'm posting here, it worked!

Jasper Byrne - Miami: It's over and done, I've packed my bags and left for greener pastures, and this is the accompanying track. It's a sense of washing all the past guilt, the mistakes I made, the constant torture I felt here. The "Mission Complete" vibe it has to it, the feeling of resting after a long day, that's what this song does for me- and with it I'll remember the day I finally decided to preserve my sanity and move.

I'm aware a lot of these songs sound like they have flimsy reasons, but I assure you, this next one does not.

blink-182 - Stay Together For The Kids: Eighth Grade was a difficult time at home for me, and it was when I decided that the last people I could trust were my parents. The reason was complicated, but just imagine the Cold War on a smaller scale. When I first heard this song, I had to actually shut it off because it hit much too close to home and I was crying. I'm terrified of turning it back on in case those memories ever come back.
Spade Magnes

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TheEpicKyurem on Fri Sep 16, 2016 7:49 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPvVWFmtJn8

This has to be my favorite song of all time. When I heard this song, I was thinking of what I could remix it with. Currently, I haven't made any of the remixes I imagined in my head, but I'm working on it.
TheEpicKyurem

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kazz on Tue Sep 20, 2016 7:33 pm

Almost - Bowling For Soup (Shipping Fail Anthem)
Description: I listen to this song after finishing a section of a fanfic, or to mend wounds from seeing an OTP not end up together.
1985 - Bowling For Soup
Description: Go-to song for when I need to cure sorrow and lighten up.
Tomorrow - Annie (1977 or the original movie version) (Song of Hope)
Description: A song I listen to when I need that quiver of hope.
Sesame Street Band Arrangement (Better than the one with lyrics) (Classic)
Description: To me, this song is like Hard Knock Life from Annie. You don't need to warm up. It's very upbeat and I like to play the Trumpet 1 part to release energy.
Sunday Morning - Maroon 5 (something jazzy)
Description: Definitely one of my favorite Maroon 5 songs. Heck, PROBABLY my favorite Maroon 5 song. It's jazz and romance. Combined. Together. Oh, and I love listening to it on sunday morning.
Kazz

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Liziee on Wed Sep 21, 2016 7:36 pm

Lydia - Riverman This song reminds me of my mom, and it's what I listened to during some snowy winter nights and hard days. A lot of memories are tied to this song and well, I feel better when I hear it.
Seahaven - Paseo Del Las Estrellas (II) Long name, yes. But this song somehow embedded a personal philosophy of mine into it, and I took a liking to it.
Cage The Elephant - Telescope I felt as if I could relate to this song at one point.
The Neighbourhood - Afraid I don't really wanna open up about this song but if you wanna know we can talk about it some time.
Lorde - RIbs My growing up song.
Turnover - Change Irreversible
Childish Gambino - 3005 Some nostalgia.
Arctic Moneys - Stop The World I Wanna Get Off With You Self explanatory.
The Smashing Pumpkins - Tonight,Tonight Not sure when this came along in my life, but I think about it a lot.
Twenty One Pilots - Not Today
Liziee

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mafu and Azami on Thu Oct 06, 2016 5:16 am

This song and this song alone. I really do have shit taste.
Mafu and Azami

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top