[The Doomsday Chronicles] || A Dragonite Production!

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

[The Doomsday Chronicles] || A Dragonite Production! Empty [The Doomsday Chronicles] || A Dragonite Production!

Post by Illario on Wed Nov 11, 2015 12:31 pm

[ A story written by Isis the Dragonite / Illario. ]

[ // Introduction \\ ]

There's a rumor often passed around from person to person.

Rumors of a great nation which once thrived with life; a nation which, for quite some time, remained undisturbed by the troubles of man. This land was inhabited by sacred monsters gifted with extraordinary powers, overseen by eighteen sages guarding the key to it's success. It was an era of bliss and love, and it fostered some of the greatest beings known to man that now go down as legend. This nation, led by a single ambitious creature, and the daring ambitions of the man was what doomed it and its civilization to self-destruction, for no purity can live forever without taint, whether it be the ugliness of fate or the birth of a single corrupt thought. This is the fate all peace shares, and one that this grand age had fallen; the end of the forest, alongside many, many lives.

Ah, and who am I you ask? I suppose you could call me the author of these grand tales—the only one left to record the events of a shriveled and dying past... ah, but worry not. Not all of it is misery and sorrow. There's still one other tale left that gives all of this a much happier ending. A tale that belongs not to one man, but to many, and how they prevented an event that took place on a cataclysmic scale; a returning horror I often like to call...

The Doomsday Chronicles.

Last edited by Illario on Tue Aug 23, 2016 11:34 pm; edited 4 times in total
Illario
Illario
Driver
Driver

View user profile

Back to top Go down

[The Doomsday Chronicles] || A Dragonite Production! Empty Re: [The Doomsday Chronicles] || A Dragonite Production!

Post by Illario on Thu Nov 12, 2015 12:30 pm

Chapter 1:

[ // Chapter 1 || Doomsday \\ ]

The stage sets on a mountainous terrain, illuminated only by the scarce moonlight able to pierce the thick clouds looming above and the endless streams of lava that poured throughout the land. Cries and moans often rang through the dead-silent valley of ash, but never had a response came. Horror had overtake the once-peaceful land, and with it, all life had perished-- all but a few that is. In the center of the havoc stood nothing more than a pure white silhouette devoid of any expression or movement that could in any way signify sentience; in fact, the only derivable clue to its identity was its notably tall and slim form unlike any other beast the region was known to possess.

[The Doomsday Chronicles] || A Dragonite Production! The_fi12

[an old drawing i tried to make of the setting. i really should update it sometime...]

It stood there in undeterred solitude for quite some time until a distant blur became visible in the distance. As the frame of the blur became increasingly clear, one could describe the teal dot in the skies to be a dragon— and a dragon it was, its body coated in teal and white scales which glared in what little light was given off by surrounding flames. Their eyes were lit with fiery determination as it raced across what remained of the forestry at mach speeds. “It’s still quite a while away… hm.”

Though one could notice a black cloud has begun to form from his spine which continually grew until eventually taking the form of a peculiar shadow elf creature. Not long after its body was complete, the small monster crawled atop the dragon’s head with a light yawn. Its skull was shaped in the form of a hexagon, with two glittering gemstones embedded into what would have been eye sockets. They also appeared to wear a lovely crimson scarf and flight goggles which wrapped around the massive pointed objects on both ends of her head one could call ears. “So then, this is it…” The ghastly creature spoke in a whisper, baring their sharp-ended fangs in a look of grimace. “This is ‘Doomsday’.” The dragon gave a short nod to acknowledge their statement. ‘… Do you really think we can make it out of this, Isis?’

“Certain,” the dragon remarked in a confident voice. “Besides, it’s not like we’re left with any other options Scorn. We’ve only got so long before He detonates this planet.” There was a drawn out silence between the two. Scorn eyed what used to be the forest with a blank stare, arms folded over Isis’ broad shoulders to lie her head on. In a crisis like this, she could help but to think back to the others. Isis on the other hand had no expression at all. It wasn’t just a blank stare, it was as if he’d lost his soul and his passion all in one day.

“Hey… Isis.”

He snapped out of his daydreaming and glanced up at Scorn with the same flat expression she had. “Yeah?”

“Do you even know how to beat this guy?” He'd given a light chuckle in response to her question, but nothing more. “Be honest, Isis… do you really know what you’re doing?” Following the question was a brief silence between the two. Isis’ speed begun to slow down, his body trembling for a moment. He'd stared back toward Scorn with a grin.

"I promise."

She gave a smile back, yet it quickly faded the moment she'd faced back toward the disaster ahead. “… If only the others were here… Dragoon would know what to do—“

Dragoon’s not here,” he snapped back viciously, not even bothering to face toward them as he'd done so. She paused after his statement, unable to retort with anything and lowering her head in sorrow. “I know that things look bad, Scorn. I miss the others too. But there’s nothing me or you can do about that.” Suddenly, the strange disconnection Isis had from others became clear to her. It hadn’t occurred to Scorn how much he must have been hurting; how seeing everyone die didn’t make him ‘strong’ as he’d claimed—no, he was afraid. Trembling practically, knowing that what came next would inevitably lead to his demise and that no matter how hard he tried, there was no way for him to save himself, even less so Scorn. “I promised Fay that no matter what, I’d do anything to protect her.” A tear had begun to surface in his eye, wiped away in an instant as he'd grinned.  “… I wasn't able to save her, nor was I able to save my closest friends. But I won't make the same mistake with you.”

“But Isis, that wasn’t—"

“My fault? Heh.” Isis shook his head, chuckling to himself now. "I wish I could believe that. but we both know it isn't true... but you can rest assured I have a plan! Isis the Dragonite never gives up!" His words sounded confident, assured... and yet she couldn't believe it anymore. After a moment, his body began to shake. “... This is going to be my greatest plan yet, Scorn... but i'm not going to live to see it through.” He turned to face her, an expression of worry and stress clearly visible behind his faded grin. “Promise me you’ll go someplace far, far away from this awful tragedy of a war.”

“But there’s no escape, the whole planet’s gonna explode!”

“… No, that’s not entirely true. The tear—the dimensional tear made for the others should still be suspended. If you can boot up the control system, you might be able to reactivate it and travel to the past!”

She clung to his head. “No!”

“What do you mean ‘no’?! This is your only chance to live, you have to take it!”

“I’m not leaving you behind! There’s no way I’ll let you die alone! So…” Tears begun to surface, leaking out from behind her gemstones. “So just… let that go, you jokester!"

“Don’t be so closed-minded, Scorn! You’ll have a chance to prevent all this from happening, to save everyone!”

“No!” Her grip became tighter. “I spent so many years alone before I met you guys… you’re all I have left! I don’t want to leave!” She rested her head against his, buried deep within the warmth of his scales. “You may be a goofball, but you're all I have left… so stop trying to be the hero already! Come with me so we can all escape together! Won’t that be easier?!”

“Not if there are still people alive here! Besides, having two versions of us in an alternate timeline would risk too much!” They paused once more… Isis wrapped an arm around Scorn, bringing her close to his chest. “I never was the hero I always wanted to be… but you have that chance. You can save so many people, Scorn! And I know right now that’s not what you want, but… please, do it for me? It's sort of been a life-long dream.”

She wept a bit more before managing a nod.

“That’s good… that’s very good.” Isis peered out at the distance, able to now make out the center of the chaos where the strange being stood. “Now I’ve got some monster butt to kick, so I’m going to count on you to travel there alone. Can you do that for me?”

She nodded once more.

“Alright…” He held her above the ground, ready to let her go so that she could head east toward his home… but knowing that it was the last time he’d see her… made it hard to let go. His grip trembled for a moment before finally opening, releasing Scorn toward the ground. He tried to shout “good luck,” but the words wouldn’t come out. Something inside of him couldn't manage it anymore... Instead he continued toward the monstrosity that awaited him and pushed aside his hesitations in hopes that she would be safe on her own.

“Alright… here goes nothing!”

-------------------------- ~~~ --------------------------

“GAH!” Abruptly so, the sleeping Dragonite suddenly bolted up from the 'comfort' of the tree branch he'd slept atop of, causing it to collapse beneath his weight and crash into the ground below him. "God-- damn it! Ugh... I hate this forest." This was Isis the Dragonite, a massively-sized eight foot Dragonite with a love for doing anything that didn't involve effort. His usual activities? Sleeping, eating, and repeat. And today was no different, even in terms of dreams; it was the same as it always was. The horrid sight of inevitable demise, and parting from the people he cared about most… it all added up to being an insight from the mysterious power he'd been gifted with.

... and what is this so-called 'mysterious power'? The ability known as the Dimensional Scream, allowing one vague insights of future and past events alike when coming into contact with certain objects- well, except for this time. He couldn't help but wonder if those really were visions like he'd been used to on other occasions. “No, it couldn't be. And yet...” he’d muttered to himself, scratching his arse with a yawn. As Isis begun to return to his slumber atop the crumbled remains of his 'bed', he couldn’t help but to notice just what little recollection he had of his past. How he’d ended up on the shore of this island, why he keeps having the same bizarre dreams… Isis pondered on whether it was fate, or whether it had been—

OI!

And it was interrupted again. He grumbled.

“Wake up already, you gluttonous oaf!” Isis could remember that voice from anywhere, even in his half-asleep state: it belonged to the ‘savvy’ human being Dracon. In a world comprised mostly of elemental creatures, Dracon was one of the few humans everyone had learnt to tolerate for the mere fact he was some kind of hybrid, possessing a humanoid body but also capable of wind tossing and other weird superhuman abilities added in—at least, that’s what Isis had gathered. Despite their occasional bickers, the two were somewhat close friends and spent quite a bit of time together if one wasn’t busy with some other matter of business.

After a few muttered curses, Isis the Dragonite mustered the will to pull himself away from the comfort of his log-pillow to face Dracon, arching a brow in curiosity with a stare so fierce it looked as though he’d been plotting for the man’s death. As usual, Dracon was dressed in his jacket-and-jeans combination which seemed to always vary in color when it wasn’t complimenting his blue eyes and hair. Half the time it was of course, and this time was no exception. He pulled down his hoodie, caressing his bangs using the ends of his fingers. “About time you got up.” He let loose a snarl while stretching his back, still plotting to stab his friend’s back in silence. “Are we hanging out today or no? Wouldn’t want to interrupt your plans with Fay.”

Now Isis had shifted from back-stretching to plucking Oran berries from a nearby tree, hoping to appease the black hole that was his stomach. “Fay’s off with her family, remember? She won’t be back for… uhh…”

"Oh right! She took the week off, I remember... wait, do you even know why?"

"... uhmm..."

His expression quickly shifted to a sharp grin which signified the coming of an insult, that which Isis was already used to bracing. “Quite the boyfriend you are, not even remembering her birthday.”

“Says the one who can’t keep a girlfriend for longer than a month,” Isis fired back in a roar. At the time, he was more worried about his next sleeping schedule than Dracon’s smartass responses. Dracon stared at him for a moment or two before walking off. “Well?” shouted Isis while following behind the easily-agitated adolescent. “Where to?”

"Oh my god he actually bought that." Dracon pinched the bridge of his nose with a sigh.

"Bought what now?"

"Nothing, find out on your own,” he stated in a harsh tone, one of the many signs Isis had learnt to signify that he was irritated or pissed. “Not like I needed to hang out with you.”

“Oh, come now Dracon. Don’t be that way—“

“Sorry, don’t help assholes.” Before Isis could manage another half-assed plead, a blue spark formed above Dracon’s forehead as he’d bent down, afterwards launching himself skywards with such immense force and agility that the resulting gales unleashed from his leap tore away at the surrounding habitat and reverted it to the grass equivalent of swiss cheese. At times like these, the Dragonite realized how thankful he was for having such thick scales.

“Hey Isis.”

“Eh?” Isis glanced around at his surroundings for a moment or two before dismissing the voice as his imagination and continuing to stroll about. “Must’ve been nothing.”

“Nah, it wasn’t.” His brows furrowed. Between Dracon and this, Isis had lost all his patience for these sorts of things. “Psst. Hey. Hey Isis. Hey. Heeeey. HEEYYY~!” His body begun to spark for a moment before having been enveloped by a violet aura, heat waves present around his frame, the obvious result of Outrage being kicked into gear. “AHH! You IDIOT, stop that! It burns!”

“Then show yourself!” He’d shouted at seemingly nothing, causing the surrounding bug and grass-type pokemon to stare at him in bewilderment. The Dragonite took in a few large breaths before cooling down, rubbing his temples to help get over his resulting headache. Meanwhile, the area above his left shoulder became distorted for a brief moment followed by the materialization of a small Sableye, its size about the equivalent of his palm. Isis let out yet another groan. “Why can’t you people ever come in more… orthodox fashions rather than giving me migraines?”

The Sableye in response let out a purposefully long-winded groan to out-do her Dragonite companion and push his buttons even more. “Fine, if you like doing things the fancy way.” She hopped off, landing before him and pulling her goggles overhead to wrap around her forehead rather than hanging over her thin neck. Then, as if to spite him even further, she fell on her back and placed both hands on her gut, lowering her eyes to slits. “Hi, I’m Scorn the Sableye. Adurrr—“

“What was that supposed to be?” he’d interrupted while raising a brow, arms folded over his chest with one foot pounding against the earthen floor in a rhythmic pattern to distract him from the urge to tear everything apart.

“Isn’t that how you greet people?” Scorn snickered afterwards. She was obviously enjoying this.

Isis, however, was not so pleased. “No, that isn’t how I greet people.”

“Yeah it is.”

“No, no it isn’t.”

“Yep.”

“No.”

“Mhm.”

“NO!”

“Nuh-uh—“

“Scorn, if you say one more word I swear to god!”

She stared at him for a moment, the massive grin disappearing from her face.

“… so you admit I was right.”

“GAH! I don’t have time for this!” In a fit of anger Isis took to the skies, soaring off toward the distance. As he’d taken off, he could recall a slight pinch of pain and looked over his shoulder to clarify nobody was there. ("Ah, I forgot how great it felt to be alone…")

“So where're we going?”

He rubbed his face. “…You’re not gonna leave me alone, are you? ... alright, what do you want from me for you to go?”

Meanwhile Scorn rolled around on his backside with a wide grin, flinging her small fun-sized dagger around and scraping its blade against his scales. “Man, do you really think I’m so mean?” There was a moment of silence. “… No, no I’m not. Although…!

At this point, Isis was delving into insanity. He unwillingly conceded to her. “Alright, alright! You were right and all that jazz, whatever. What do you want me to do to get you off?!” She thought for a few more seconds or at least pretended to, as it was obvious she knew what she wanted from the very beginning.

“Well, there is one thing… this one group of jerks went over and took one of my gems while I was sleeping, y’see.” Isis’ glare began to intensify. “… yeah, I know I could deal with them myself, but I don’t feel like being all sneaky and stuff. So pleeaaase~?” He glared some more. “If you don’t, I’ll never get off of you.”

“one of these days, I swear… Fine, I’ll do it.”

Having accomplished her objective, Scorn patted Isis on the back. “Good, good! I’ll be watching from a distance, then. Good luck!”

She then skydived off his back and strapped on her goggles, vanishing in the distance. Isis breathed out a sigh of relief. “I really hate that girl sometimes. Although…” He couldn’t help but grin at the thought of a challenge. Most often, criminal organizations in these parts were stomped out by the imperial army. “Maybe this’ll turn out interesting after all.”

Last edited by Illario on Mon Aug 22, 2016 7:50 pm; edited 7 times in total (Reason for editing : (( apparently i left out some stuff in the first post? idk where it went but its fixed now )))
Illario
Illario
Driver
Driver

View user profile

Back to top Go down

[The Doomsday Chronicles] || A Dragonite Production! Empty Re: [The Doomsday Chronicles] || A Dragonite Production!

Post by Halohbottech on Sun Nov 15, 2015 1:57 am

Awesome writing, Isis. I love the description here, and how well the characters interact with one another. The way you're able to flesh out a simple morning with a couple adjectives and well placed diction really adds to the story.

Just... one thing.

Scorn tapped Iris's backside.

So... she tapped...

dat ass?
Halohbottech
Halohbottech

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Illario on Wed Dec 02, 2015 1:58 pm

black = hydre
Violet = Yin
Teal = Isis
Dark Red = Vlazzah

Chapter 2:

[ // Chapter 2 || Close Encounters \\ ]

Once more, Isis found himself venturing through the woods on a wild goose chase… only difference is this time he wasn’t getting paid. Nevertheless he accepted the task, else he’d have to face scorn’s relentless teasing and possibly risk getting pulled into another one of her treasure hunts. He’d choose this task over those kinds of things any day without hesitation—or so he’d thought. When the trail she supplied for him begun to lead into the wetlands, that feeling of unease rose drastically. He hated areas like this; places where the atmosphere couldn’t decide whether to be hot or cold, so the result was this awkward hybrid of hot, sticky air signifying that it recently rained.

Each step now gave a light ‘squish’, claws and heel sinking in one after another into the sickly combination of acid water, weeds and gooey mixtures below. Isis recognized that feeling anywhere. He scraped off a bit of goo from the floor, examining it closely; closer inspection revealed it to have originated from a footprint-shaped mark on the ground. “Figures that a Goodra would be nearby after rain,” he muttered, growling beneath his breath. “Hopefully my suspicions are false.”

Just then, a blue blur raced before him from right to left and before Isis could even gather what the hell it was, it’d vanished without a trace. “Wha--?!” Just to clarify that no-one was there, Isis looked around, yet nothing seemed to be present and the entire swamp was once more still. Even more mysteriously was the lack of footprints left within the mud. Had someone passed by, that would at least be marked… and no ghost-types or levitating pokemon lived in this area to his knowledge. Curious, he followed the trail best he could in his march east. Yet no matter how far he walked, it seemed to be to no avail. “I’m certain that wasn’t my imagination… huh.”

“That’s cuz it wasn’t!”

Isis immediately spun on his heel, entering a fighting stance toward the newly arrived enemy. Slimy features, a light violet shade nearly transparent in appearance, emerald eyes blinking innocently… “… Yin.” It was as though he’d cast some kind of enchantment on the Goodra, with how bubbly and elated the creature had become from one word spoken in a clearly regretful tone. They pulled Isis into a massive, goo-covering hug, eyes beaming so bright it could light the forest aflame.

“Isis! It’s been super long!” The hugging quickly shifted to nibbles, to the point that Isis was pulling at her to get off. “Mm-mmm! Eh hah beeh a while, huh?!” she spoke in a muffled voice, which made her vernacular even more difficult to comprehend. Her habit of eating everything In sight, her irritatingly high-pitched voice… he hated the Goodra known as Yin beyond what words could describe. If it wasn’t for the fact that she was constantly around Dracon he doubts they’d have even maintained their friendship past childhood. “So,” Yin had literally spat along with the shoulder she’d been sucking on. “What’s up? Finally got tired of the forest? Of did you come to see your old pals~?”

He made a half-assed grin toward her and proceeded onwards, knowing full well she’d follow—and Yin didn’t disappoint. The splooshing sound that resonated through the environment with each step was by this point burnt into his mind. So, as was polite, he responded. “I’m looking for a group of outlaws rumored to have set up town in this area. Don’t suppose you or the old folk back in the cavern have fun into anything of the sort?” She nodded her head no. “Then you should be on your way. Don’t want you to get hur—“

“WAAAIT!” … a long pause. “… I forgot. WAIT! I did hear sum’in about a group of rowdy neighbors. Vlazzah and Hydre went after it!” He let out a long, drawn-out sigh to encapsulate the gist of how Isis felt about this entire predicament. “Yeah, um… think they’re being led by… a Lucario, was it? I think so. Maybe."

“Well… thanks for the information I suppose, Yin. You know where they’re headed now?”

“Probably to the mountainside just behind our house.”

"Back at the cavern, eh? Thanks for the info, Yin.” Isis grabbed one of the straps for his bag and heaved it off his back with ease, causing the massive wool container to slam against the ground with tremendous force. He then dug through its contends as Yin resumed chewing on his shoulder. “The cavern… that’s… east, I think?”

“It’s northwest.”

“Ah, right. Well I’d better be on my way then, Yin. You should head back with the others before you get yourself tangled into something dangerous that I’m blamed for.” He took out a silver pendant-looking object and snapped it open, revealing a compass within. The thin and damaged marker bounced back and forth between south and east.

“… It says you were heading in—“

“In the opposite direction, yes. I’m aware.”

“Man, you’ve got an AWFUL sense of direction! … I’m convinced. I’ll tag along with ya!” Isis shot her a fierce glare while the ignorant Goodra had been preparing her randomly appearing bags full of what could only be assumed to be garlic bread. Unfortunately, it wasn’t very effective. “… Look Isis, I know I’m hot and all, but I’m not into massive blue teddy bears.”

He took a deep breath.

“Welp, on we go!” She waddled onwards with a goofy smile, spinarak and weedles carrying her belongings and swarming behind her like the group of children they were. How such a dim-witted and lighthearted creature could have such widespread appeal was beyond him. With a slight groan, Isis marched on ahead of her in hot pursuit of the criminals.

“So who are we supposed to be chasin’ anyway?”

“Some brigade that’s went out and stolen one of Scorn’s precious gems. Ugh, that kid…”

“Who’s this ‘Scorn’? … is she your girlfriend?”
Yin’s eyes beamed at the deduction, awaiting the anticipated ‘b-b-baka!’ response from Isis like she’d seen in the animes she’d watched. Instead, he just strode on ahead without a care. “… you’re a good actor, ol’ Isis! But I know better than to believe ya!”

“You realize she’s around a hundred years younger, right?”

“… Oh. It could still work!” There was a long pause as the two pokemon awkwardly avoided eye contact, all while enjoying the precious scenery around them. Magenta-colored vines seemed to hang from all areas, and Persim trees blossomed all around, their berries hung up in the sky and decorating the otherwise murky green surroundings with a pink hue. A violet blue sky hung high above, complementing the environment and letting out a blanket of moonlight across the entire swamp. “… Hey, Isis.”

“Hm?”

“You… forget it.”

“No, go ahead. We’ve got nothing better to do anyways.” He felt like he might regret this.

“Do you ever… miss us?” Another silence fell between the two as dusk began to set. It was rare for Yin to speak in a proper manner, and when she did it often meant she was being serious. “I mean… ya never come to see us anymore… me, Vlazzah, Dragoon… Fay’s the only one that visits us nowadays.” She chuckled for a moment, yet Isis could hear a strain in her voice, as if discussing this brought the adolescent pain. “It’d be nice… if you would visit us more often, OK? I think everyone could use a fresh sight for once.”

“I’ll, uhh… see what I can do.”

A hush once more fell over them… but this time not in vain. Another flash of blue raced by, this time followed by two other figures both a dark shade. “WHOA!” Yin immediately waddled after them while Isis was still processing things. “Yin, wait!”

“That was them! Vlazzah and Hydre, I mean!”

“What?! How can you be certain?”

“Trust me, I see them run around like that all the time! Come on—“ She was immediately swept up and carried off at mach speeds, green and purple hues flying by at the blink of an eye. By way of Extreme Speed, Isis was managing to follow just behind the group and was slowly catching up.

“Now that they don’t got the jump on me, there’s no way I’m letting those three get away! … say, you don’t know who the last silhouette was?!”

“Nope! It was totally black!”                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                
“Damn. Just my luck I guess.”

The acceleration from Extreme Speed made catching up a breeze, although awaiting them wasn't what the two were expecting. The two creatures seemed to have already stopped their search, Hydre the Hydreigon staring off into the distance while Vlazzah paced back and forth between himself. The two were standing only a couple yards ahead of where Isis and Yin had seen them, clearly lost in thought, although as to why wasn't exactly clear.

"It doesn't make sense. We've been investigating these types of circumstances for years, and yet nothing like this has ever come up before."

"Perhaps they originated from Cendria."

"It's possible, but--"

“HEYYY! GUYS!” The first to respond was Vlazzah, who’d immediately snapped out of his daze and turned to face the group, Hydre followed after with a sigh. “What were y’all doing?”

“… Yin? Isis?!” Vlazzah rubbed his eyes as he spoke, Hydre glancing between the two and nodding.

“What…?”

“Vlazzah. The culprit…”

“The culprit!” They both began to hurriedly examine their surroundings in search of the mysterious figure, but once realizing its futility, returned their focus to Isis and Yin. “Did you see where they went?!”

“All we saw were you two trembling like a bunch of babies. Looked like you’d seen a ghost… hey, what did you see anyways?”

“Trembling…? We weren’t trembling.”

“Pretty sure you were.”

Hydre shook his head no.

“Yes, yes you-- … you know what? That’s not important. Let’s focus on what you saw." The two remained silent, lost in their own thought. As time went on Isis was beginning to remember how much of a pain in the ass it was communicating with the two, with Hydre being mostly silent (though when he did speak it was rarely nice) and Vlazzah having the same irritating flaw as Dracon: his unbearable sarcastic tone. Though in all fairness, Isis still felt he was far more kindhearted than the self-centered human.

"You mean that elusive fellow? We caught him trying to break into our supply vault and tracked him down all the way up to here... then everything got dark."

"It was an illusion that made us recall our deepest fears," Hydre remarked with a light scoff, as though taking pride in his own discoveries.

"For real? How could ya tell?"

"Being a dark-type does have its perks. One of them is sharing tricks."

Isis rubbed his chin. "So we're dealing with another dark type...?"

"Not possible."

"What the hell do you mean 'not possible'? What else could it be?"

The salamence trudged back and forth once more, relaying the information he had back and forth in his head to get to the bottom of the mystery. "If that truly was a dark-type... why did they look so much like us?"

"Excuse me?"

"That was no ordinary creature. It possesed a near-identical appearance to us, and its powers rivaled our own to such a degree that our items were the only thing giving us the advantage. If it had been something like the Zoroark line their strengths and weaknesses would remain the same through a through, and a single hit would have interrupted the illusion. Whatever it's true identity may be, they or it wasn't a dark type. Not directly..."

"... okay, so it was Ditto."

"No. Ditto can only sustain transformation for a certain amount of time after replicating anothers appearance, which would make the length of time it avoided us while maintaining that form impossible. Not to mention its eyes..."

"Then what the hell could it be? Don't tell me we're dealing with another shadow pokemon."

"I doubt it. That would mean another trigger, and the most recent one recorded hasn't been seen for ages."

The conversation then came to a sudden halt as the snapping of a twig echoed throughout the forest. Their attention shifted to the outskirts of the clearing and to what stood only a couple yards away: themselves. "Is that what I think it is...?" A Hydreigon, Goodra, Dragonite, and Salamence... "It certainly seems to be." With a near-identical appearance to the originals...

"... yep. It's us."

Last edited by Illario on Mon Aug 22, 2016 8:13 pm; edited 7 times in total
Illario
Illario
Driver
Driver

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nebulous on Wed Dec 09, 2015 10:14 pm

I was bought here, what is this?
Nebulous
Nebulous

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hydre(Hydreigon) on Thu Dec 10, 2015 1:51 am

THIS. IS. A fanfic including people of the room, not sparta.

sig links:

[The Doomsday Chronicles] || A Dragonite Production! Hydre
[The Doomsday Chronicles] || A Dragonite Production! Ckcmzv12
Hydre(Hydreigon)
Hydre(Hydreigon)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dracon Pop-tart on Thu Dec 10, 2015 8:17 pm

The amount of cringing after reading the first chapter. A good two years since joining the room and how I - and my RP abilities - have evolved surprises me. I forget how cliche I used to be. bounce

In any case, love it so far Isis Cool
Dracon Pop-tart
Dracon Pop-tart

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Illario on Mon Dec 21, 2015 8:49 pm

Chapter Two has been finished! sorry for the long wait, i've been busy with other things so i haven't had the time to finalize it.
Illario
Illario
Driver
Driver

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hydre(Hydreigon) on Tue Dec 22, 2015 4:36 am

No problem ^~^

Keep up the good work~

sig links:

[The Doomsday Chronicles] || A Dragonite Production! Hydre
[The Doomsday Chronicles] || A Dragonite Production! Ckcmzv12
Hydre(Hydreigon)
Hydre(Hydreigon)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Halohbottech on Wed Dec 23, 2015 7:57 pm

noice keckles
Halohbottech
Halohbottech

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Styxian on Thu Dec 24, 2015 6:32 pm

Good show! Jolly good show!
Styxian
Styxian

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Illario on Tue Jan 05, 2016 7:47 pm

Paralogue 1:

[ // Paralogue 1 || A Reason to Believe. \\ ]

"Alright, how to start this."

[??? Island]

Soaring through the evening sky was... some type of bird? Its design was reminiscent of an airplane but with a sleeker appearance and more folded wings, with a design and color clearly referencing the steel bird Pokemon Skarmory. Nearby Pelliper and Fearow cursed the plane as it disrupted their flight with mach-speed travel influenced by continuous gusts of wind carrying it in the direction of the oncoming island-- the obvious work of the Flying Types in control of it.

Within sat a single Dragonite, leaned over a small notebook and repeatedly tapping the front end of the pen in 'hand' against the blank sheet of paper. He'd been brainstorming for the hardest part of any writing: A beginning. He already had what it was, but putting it into words was always a pain.
"Okay... let's just start from the top and see if it can spark any ideas. Erm..." The tapping of his pen became a rapid, furious motion as he struggled to transfer his thoughts to the paper. ".. My name is Isis. Nah, this is a dia-- erm, journal! I know my name, why the hell would I need to rewrite it? Uhh..."

After a few hours a loud beep was emitted from the speakerphones stationed at the corners of the plane, followed by a message. "Passengers, the plane will be arriving at Ocora Island shortly. When we arrive the staff asks that you to step out in a neat and orderly line for your own safety." A small illusionary work was forged before the passengers, detailing an example of a group of Pikachu passengers gathering their belongings and stepping out in the same fashion instructed.

Isis glanced over at his surroundings. "Shouldn't be a problem considering i'm practically the only one here." he whispered with a slight groan, sitting cross-legged until one of the Gardevoir stepped out from the control room. They doubled as good-looking servants and a backup in the case the plane crashed, utilizing Psychic to keep everything in the plane working and in check. She met eyes with Isis, and once realizing that he was the only one boarding the plane, gave the call he'd been waiting for: "We've arrived, sir."

"Thank the gods," he whispered once more in a tone just as irritated as the last, although this quickly reverted back to his usual polite-yet-somewhat-awkward-and-rushed tone once addressing the Gardevoir, being that he was still growing accustomed to speaking for himself. "I appreciate the service, ma'am." With that, he tipped the end of his brown cap towards her to show respect and immediately departed from the ship, but not without taking one final look down at the 'journal' in hand:

"Dear... journal. Not nearly as catchy as 'diary' is.

From this day forth, i'm going to start my life in this new found region. I hear the capital town is combined with this massive forest, so considering how much of a nature guy I am I think I might start there. Not nearly as great as Treasure Town's Sharpedo peak, but it's something. I'm off to real good start so far, so i'm fairly confident I can stick to my word and make my name known not as the Dragonite with the highly-coveted Dimensional Scream ability or the son of some legendary hero, but as Isis the Dragonite: The guy with a dream!

... It's hard having to leave mom behind. I can only imagine how rough things will be without her guidance, but I don't have much a choice anymore. Gotta start being independent. No more living in the shadows for me! My adventure starts now, with the help of you, diary journal!

- Isis the Dragonite, 2/12/xx"

"Looking good. It's gonna take a while to get used to putting journal-- AGH!" Having been so absorbed in his readings, Isis hadn't noticed bumping into the Flygon in his path, stumbling backwards while losing grip of his notebook. In an instant, it went from being in his hand to soaring into the adjacent Flygon's grip. After a moment of glancing down at what it was, she held it towards him, which Isis quickly retrieved in his hurry to make up for his carelessness. "My bad." Her voice was soft, yet more stern than the typical female Flygon. It was also shortlived, as the woman darted past him the moment she was given. He glanced down at his notebook once more, firmly gripping it in hand with a grin. 'Uma's Sketch Diary' was labelled at the front in Arial font, stitched onto the otherwise-teal notebook with some type of thin, white wool-like material. After a bit of thinking however he'd realized that the streets were rather hard to navigate, with various Pokemon scattered about the busy streets and on the neighboring pavement, chatting amongst each other about the usual gossip and everyday life.

"This won't do... Oh! One moment, ma'am!"

She looked over her shoulder towards Isis with a glare, clearly not in the mood to be upheld by some random male. Understanding she was in a rush he'd jogged up to her, utilizing his supernatural agility to reach her in seconds while navigating the busy crowds of Pokemon which, strangely, seemed to be rushing in the same direction as her. "I need to find the capital of this region. Know where I can find it?" She'd stared at Isis for a bit, then turned and pointed a claw in the direction she along with everyone else had been headed.

"Head north. You'll come across a massive forest eventually. It's a part of that." He nodded at her directions, but was in all honestly too distracted by her gorgeousness to pay any mind to the actual information given.

Then it came to him. "Wait a moment! What if she's headed there too? Making 'friends' with a lady as good-looking as her AND finding the capital?" He snickered at the thought of it. "I could kill two birds with one stone!" With this in mind along with a few other perverted thoughts, Isis mustered his strength for the most important question of his time. "You're headed there too, right? Did you want to tag along?"

"No thank you." She'd then continued pacing towards the capital, leaving him in the dust. Just as he was beginning to recover from the pain of her words, she'd returned as quickly as she left. "Change of heart. Let's go." With that, she grabbed his wrist and continued her jog in that direction, Isis mummering a bit of "W-w-whaa?!" on the outside and a lot of "I knew she couldn't resist me." on the inside while being carried along by the mysterious Pokemon.

As Isis begun to match her jogging speed and travel without her dragging him along like some rag doll, he'd realized that he knew nothing about the lady. Such thoughts perked his interests. "So... what's your name?"

"Fay."

"Pretty name."

"It's alright, I guess."

She took multiple twists and turns through the crowded entrance of the forest with a couple "Excuse me" and "Pardon me" along the way.

"So... what make you change your mind about being my guide?"

"It seemed like the right thing to do. What's your business here?"

"Well, two things. There's some rumors of suspicious activity taking place in this area... and with the recent sighting of a Shadow Pokemon, it seems only fitting for a detective such as I to investigate. Not to mention this looks like a pretty nice place for a home... hey, you know anything about that rumor that could be true?"

"... Doesn't sound familiar."

The Flygon came to an abrupt stop moments after, leaving the two Pokemon to stare out towards the forest entrance. Night had begun to settle, so of course there were the occasional sighting of Woobat and Illumise circling the area. The light hum of Kricketot could be heard in the far distance.
Fay took a few glances to the left and right before strolling off to the left. "... Well, i'd better be off now." Isis shuddered at the thought, tipping the end of his cap down to cover sight of his nervousness. Not that anyone was even looking. It just felt... right to him.
"Let's meet again sometime, alright?"

"... Yeah." Her fake grin and the sigh she let out afterward very much signified that 'Fay' was not very interested in him. Yet that response alone was enough to light a fire in the Dragonite, and as anyone who was close to the man would know, once Isis has his eyes set on something... he'll stop at nothing to have it for his own.

"... Fay. Heh. Not a bad name." He grinned, glancing up at the starry night sky-- only for the scene to become a momentary blur and fade into darkness, the entirety of the landscape burning away within a sea of crimson flames. And amongst it, a single cry for help...

"Please! Don't leave me alone again... don't leave me here...! Help me! HELP--!"

The voice died down as the Dragonite's consciousness returned to him. It seemed that during his trek through the swamp on his way to investigating Scorn's mystery thief, he'd dozed off again... "... What an odd thought... but..." He blinked, rubbing his head.

"Was it really just a daydream...?" After a bit of a pause he shrugged the feeling off and walked into the distance.

Last edited by Illario on Tue Aug 30, 2016 1:48 pm; edited 7 times in total
Illario
Illario
Driver
Driver

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MeatNoob on Fri Feb 05, 2016 7:55 pm

jesus isis you're making me smile
this is some really nice work. keep it up!

other than a few typos the story is stellar so far
MeatNoob
MeatNoob

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Illario on Fri Feb 05, 2016 10:18 pm

(( yay for short chapters. if i feel up to it I might add more to the end later. ))

Chapter 3:

[ Chapter 3 // An Unexpected Encounter! ]

The group stopped midway, noticing the presence of another person. Just to the right. Four of them, grouped together in the trees in a mirrored form... "Is that what I think it is...?" A Hydreigon, Salamence, Dragonite and Goodra... "It certainly seems to be." With an identical appearance to them...

"... yep. It's us."

Perhaps identical was an overstatement. They all had one unsettling major detail: a hunched, almost twisted appearance, wide grins, and their eyes-- or better yet, lack thereof. Overall the sight itself was a disturbing one and even seemed to be having its effects on poor Yin, who'd been holding in throwup for quite some time.

"This isn't good," whispered Vlazzah, a magenta aura building around his frame akin as he'd drifted left and right in a sort of rhythmic fashion. "We need to deal with them fast, else things could get out of hand for us and the civilians both."

"Alright, well... dibs on the cool motherfucker."

"Wai--" Before he could even bother explaining why that wasn't a wise idea, Isis had kicked off the ground and rocketed toward himself, him and his 'clone' both pulling back an arm and launching a flaming fist loose, their very contact combusting most the area around them with a wide area of effect. The two slid back from eachother before following up with the same combination, exchanging blow after blow after blow with no advantage on either end.

"You're supposed to be me, yet you hit like a pillow?! Disgraceful, disgraceful, DISGRACEFUL!"

"Goddamn that dragon! We can deal with him later. Hydre--" But by that time, Hydre was already one step ahead of him, battling against the duplicate salamence with rivaling ferocity. "... well, looks like it's just you and me Yin--" This time it was the clone who interrupted, the duplicate goodra bashing its skull into Vlazzah's gut and sending him flying back through a couple trees.

"... You holding up alright, Vlazer?"

Immediately he bounced back from the attack, tackling the enemy Yin into the ground and leaving a foot-deep crater from the impact. Vlazzah then rose a leg up, slamming it down on the Goodra with such immense force that it was rocketed straight through the splitting earth. "... Phew. Looks like i'm a bit out of shape with how peaceful things have been." He then shot a comforting grin at Yin, who was currently cowering in a corner while munching on some of her packed garlic. She was more worried of them harming her precious garlic bread than herself.

"No worries, Yin! I'll be fine. Can I trust you to handle that Hydreigon fake?" Yin glanced at the figure of Hydre's clone, who was currently rampaging the surrounding area with a violent meteor shower; she gave a halfhearted nod. "Good! Now to go finish off this... whatever it is." Vlazzah returned his focus toward the crater which he'd sent Yin's clone rocketing through and waited for them to emerge, yet nothing happened. "... Any day now?"

"Vlazzah, Isis has gone missing!" Hydre shouted from the distance. The shadow he was fighting seemed to have dissapeared, as had the one Yin was preparing to engage. "Those creatures are gone as well!"

"What?! Where'd they go?!"

"In the middle of fighting, it suddenly exploded into some type of black fog and dispersed into the air."

Vlazzah shut his eyes for a moment, contemplating where he might have went. "Shit... Change of plans! We're going off to find Isis--" By the time he'd opened his eyes, the two seemed to have already taken off into their own directions. "W-wait! You idiots... you're not even gonna let me finish?!"

"We got the gist of it."

"Yeah, what Hydre said."

"... I really hate you two sometimes." He groaned and stormed off in his own direction, in search of the Dragonite in question. Meanwhile...

------------------

"Huff... huff... huff..." Isis was resorting to quick breaths now. He hadn't thought far enough ahead to think of what happens if he actually starts losing. Then again, why would he ever need to prepare for whats otherwise impossible? "Oh, man... I haven't had this much of a workout in a long time!" He snorted a few flames, cracking a few knuckles in his hands and neck. "But now the real fight begins. Ready for round two?!"

The opposing Dragonite stood there for a moment, head tilted to an awkward degree for anyone that wasn't phantom-looking. "Ay the silent type. I get it now. No matter, no matter." In a sudden burst of speed, Isis kicked off the ground and rocketed toward them.

"I'll just hafta--" He was then smacked in the right cheek by a massive meteor, crashing into the ground in a fainted state. The phantom-looking Hydreigon split from the shadows of the trees, taking a physical form once more and staring down at the unconscious Dragonite. The Goodra followed shortly behind, lifting Isis up by the wrist and dragging him off with the others following suit.

"Hold it right there!" The creatures did just that, facing the newly-arriving creature who spoke out against them from just ahead. They took a step from the shadows: a Meowth, rather ordinary in almost every way aside from the golden eyes glaring straight toward them. "Leave him be, you...! ... Uhm... uhhh..."

("Wait a second... they just knocked Isis out! Holy crap they must be strong!") He suddenly began to tremble in place, a sweat travelling down the side of his head. ("... Stay courageous Alex, the others will be here soon! Besides, you've trained with Faux! What are a few reptiles to you?! All you have to do is buy time!") The meowth was known as Alex, one of the wild pokemon who'd lived at Dracon's farm. Though he seems rather basic at first glance there's actually quite a lot to him that comes to a shock as many. "... Hey, you! Yeah, the u-ugly ones!" He pointed a claw at the group of phantom pokemon who at this point were just casually strolling toward him without a care. "You'd better stop where you are... I don't want to have to hurt you! I've got training from some of the best, and if you don't stop now, I'll... I'll..."

They began swinging Isis around like a yo-yo.

"I-I'm serious! I've learned from demons! DEMONS!"

Then they used him as a basketball and did some pretty sweet three-pointers.

"GYAAH!" He leapt outwards, revealing sight of his claws. "You leave me no choice!" His figure then immediately blurred, appearing behind the four with a smile and retracting his claws. Four massive claw marks were left on the chests of each individually, which did catch their attention for a moment before turning back toward Alex as if unaffected. "... Alright, but that waas just a warm-up stretch! I'll defeat you with my next move!"

Then out of seemingly nowhere, a red insignia appeared beneath the group of pokemon for a brief moment. They paused, but had little time to react to the massive inferno that rose from the ground shortly after, consuming them in flames. Just when they were about to walk out of it unscathed thanks to their overall resistance, them being mainly Dragons, another insignia appeared in its place, instead a light brown shade. Spires of rock were then launched upwards around the group of Dragons, trapping them in a cage-like rock formation. "Oi, what's that Dragonite got himself into this time?"

Two figures hopped out from the trees, landing beside Alex. "Hey, you're here! I mean- not that I needed help, those guys would've been a breeze!"

To the left was Dracon, wearing his usual jacket-and-jeans combination with a notable lack of tophat. "Sure you could've. And I guess Styxian can also pick up woman in the fairytale you're describing." He chuckled a bit at the comment.

Styxian, another human just like Dracon, stood beside him and gave a light shove to his friend. "At least I don't resort to dating pokemon, asshole. Hey... was it just me or was Isis with that group of Dragons we just trapped? ... and was there two of him?" Dracon sighed.

"... ugh. I sort of liked it better when I was in the spotlight..."

Last edited by Illario on Mon Aug 22, 2016 8:33 pm; edited 2 times in total
Illario
Illario
Driver
Driver

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Styxian on Sat Feb 06, 2016 10:44 am

Nice job fren! Can't wait for the next one!
Styxian
Styxian

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum