(Official, I guess.) Conquest Viability Rankings for certain types.

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

(Official, I guess.) Conquest Viability Rankings for certain types.

Post by Endurr on Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:54 pm

Hi, its Endurr. (with permission from Articuno to make this thread.)

To begin, do not get this confused with the official type viability rankings. This is the viability rankings FOR THE POKEMON OF EACH TYPE. Ahem, now that we have that done with, let us begin..
psst: want a type to be made into rankings? suggest it whenever im on, and i might do it!!!
If you would like to be in the council, please message me whenever I am on.
--ummyeahyoumightnotgetin--

What the council does: have the final say on what gets moved in the ranking list (as in, the people that gather the community's input to make final decisions.)

Current Council:
Endurr

Current Jumps:
Avalugg from A to B rank.

What Ranks mean:
Ranks:
S Rank: Reserved for Pokemon that are almost flawless in the Conquest metagame. These Pokemon are usually able to perform a variety of roles effectively, or can just do one extremely well. Their use has low risk involved and almost always brings a high reward. Pokemon in this rank have very few flaws that are more than made up for by numerous positive traits.

A Rank: Reserved for Pokemon that are fantastic in the Conquest metagame, and can sweep, support, or wall significant portions of the metagame. These Pokemon require less support than most others to be used effectively and have few flaws that can easily be compensated for when compared to their positive traits.

B Rank: Reserved for Pokemon that are good in the Conquest metagame. These Pokemon have more notable flaws than those above them that affect how they function in the tier. They can all still function very well given the right team support, but they have numerous flaws that minimize their impact on the tier.

C Rank: Reserved for Pokemon that have small niches in the Conquest metagame, but have numerous notable flaws that prevent them from being effective the majority of the time. Pokemon in the C tier require extensive support to be effective. Pokemon from this rank tend to face a lot of competition with the more commonly used Pokemon, or their niches aren't all too useful for the current metagame.

D rank: Reserved for Pokemon that are still in the Conquest metagame, but are, simply put, ineffective in this meta

(iamsobadicantputsprites)
Starting things of with the Ice viability rankings.

S Rank: Reserved for Pokemon that are almost flawless in the Conquest metagame. These Pokemon are usually able to perform a variety of roles effectively, or can just do one extremely well. Their use has low risk involved and almost always brings a high reward. Pokemon in this rank have very few flaws that are more than made up for by numerous positive traits.

Kyurem-White  (WLords only Sad)

Weavile

A Rank: Reserved for Pokemon that are fantastic in the Conquest metagame, and can sweep, support, or wall significant portions of the metagame. These Pokemon require less support than most others to be used effectively and have few flaws that can easily be compensated for when compared to their positive traits.

Cloyster

Froslass

Mamoswine

B Rank: Reserved for Pokemon that are good in the Conquest metagame. These Pokemon have more notable flaws than those above them that affect how they function in the tier. They can all still function very well given the right team support, but they have numerous flaws that minimize their impact on the tier.

Avalugg

C Rank: Reserved for Pokemon that have small niches in the Conquest metagame, but have numerous notable flaws that prevent them from being effective the majority of the time. Pokemon in the C tier require extensive support to be effective. Pokemon from this rank tend to face a lot of competition with the more commonly used Pokemon, or their niches aren't all too useful for the current metagame.

Glalie-Mega

Abomasnow-Mega

Kyurem-Black

D rank: Reserved for Pokemon that are still in the Conquest metagame, but are, simply put, ineffective in this meta

...everything else Sad

go forth, and nominate types from this, or wait until i make some other types rankings

Last edited by Endurr on Sat Nov 28, 2015 1:22 am; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : fixed formatting, added sprites)
Endurr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: (Official, I guess.) Conquest Viability Rankings for certain types.

reserved
Endurr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

reserved
Endurr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

reserved
Endurr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Endurr on Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:55 pm

reserved

...there goes a whole page of reserves
Endurr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hydre(Hydreigon) on Tue Nov 24, 2015 3:29 am

It jumps from A to C in ice, is it intentional?

sig links:

Hydre(Hydreigon)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Galom on Tue Nov 24, 2015 9:56 am

You should really work on the formatting. It looks extremely sloppy right now.

Edit: also lol at Avalugg in A rank

Room Owner
Room Owner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Endurr on Tue Nov 24, 2015 11:07 pm

I know, Ill get to that now.

also pls its like the only good hazard control mon that isnt cloyster or articuno
Endurr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Endurr on Tue Nov 24, 2015 11:08 pm

Hydre(Hydreigon) wrote:It jumps from A to C in ice, is it intentional?

umm no sorry ill fix that
Endurr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hydre(Hydreigon) on Wed Nov 25, 2015 1:57 am

Eh. Avalugg is one of the few... FEW. Ways Ice can stop some physical sweepers. Yes, SpD is pure sh*, so you gotta take care with it. But its bulk on the physical side makes it able to wall a really high number of threats, it can use spin (or not), sturdy when no rocks are out... Maybe not A, but definitely B or higher.

sig links:

Hydre(Hydreigon)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Fraction on Wed Nov 25, 2015 2:05 pm

..The first thing I have to ask, is why does Kyu-B belong to C?

Sure, it isn't the top most priority legendary on Ice teams, but it deserves an A, since, it has a very high attack, and can also work with mixed sets.

Choice scarf for speed, and LO+Sub set for hitting hard.
Fraction
Voice
Voice

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Endurr on Wed Nov 25, 2015 3:21 pm

The problem about Kyurem-Black, is that it can't function as well as it does in OU. In OU Kyu-B can have a bunch of mons that can support it. Are the same mons Ice Type? no, so Kyu-B will not be moving up. most likely, if it is the case, it'll be in B Rank or something
Endurr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Fraction on Thu Nov 26, 2015 6:20 am

Endurr wrote:The problem about Kyurem-Black, is that it can't function as well as it does in OU. In OU Kyu-B can have a bunch of mons that can support it. Are the same mons Ice Type? no, so Kyu-B will not be moving up. most likely, if it is the case, it'll be in B Rank or something

I guess B works.

Oh, and, I think you should change the name of the thread to 'Conquest Viability Ranking for Pokemon', since there's already a 'Type' viability thread.
And possibly, add a tag next to the pokemon, since Pokemon's viability depends on the types their being used on as well. Like, Heatran is a nice option for Steel, but not so good on Fire.

E.g. change Kyurem-W to Kyurem-W(Ice)
Fraction
Voice
Voice

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mikhail97 on Thu Nov 26, 2015 11:11 am

Well, since the topic is Ice...

Cryogonal for B

Cryogonal @ Light Clay
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Freeze-Dry
- Reflect
- Light Screen

What I have learned about Ice is that, it's annoying to use. It's more annoying when rocks are set up to you. It's very, very annoying when Kyu-B takes damage. So, Cryo is a good solution, in terms of Rapid Spin and Dual Screens. Also, you can use this version :

Cryogonal @ Focus Sash
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Freeze-Dry
- Hidden Power [Fire] / HP Ground
- Knock Off / Toxic

This set is usually the lead set, against stuff like Ferrothorn. Turn 1, just HP Fire it. On Ice, damage against Ferro is appreciated (Even with Kyu-W, cause it could switch out to dodge a Fusion Flare, and when Kyu-W is down, Ferro can run rampant against Ice). HP Ground hits Heatran, just incase. Knock Off to clear off Lefties from Skarmory (So they can't get back Sturdy without Roost), or you can use Toxic to whittle down the opponent Pokemon that you'll have trouble KOing.

Mikhail97

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by needler on Fri Nov 27, 2015 7:38 pm

Question: Could I just make a viability ranking for mons of another type, post it here, you look at it, judge it and then things happen or is there some other way to do that?
needler

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top