Just A Survey - Who would like a hosting/roleplaying help room created on PS?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Just A Survey - Who would like a hosting/roleplaying help room created on PS?

Post by SeriouslySkarmory on Thu Dec 10, 2015 6:33 am

So I've been looking at creating an RP Help room for a while now, but I don't know how many people actually want it to happen. Since the rules of room creation require 30 unique users to want it, I may as well start here. Here's what I'm proposing with the room.
- It would NOT be an affiliated room of the Roleplaying room. RPs would not run there and the RP room staff would only have a hand in it if they wanted to.
- Hosting classes and pointers would be given in the room, as to help new hosts to engage others with how they host, as well as helping them create aesthetically pleasing documents for hosting Murder Mystery, Trainer and PokeHigh in which concise, detailed and good-looking documents are the order of the day.
- Roleplaying and creative writing classes, workshops and pointers would be given in the vein of Articuno's official workshops but more frequently and on request, albeit most likely not as in-depth as Arti's well-crafted workshops. This would help people new to the roleplaying scene to avoid godmodding and powerplaying, as well as hopefully increase the overall quality of the room's roleplaying.
- The room would be run by me, Psychoreality, and co-owned by anyone interested in giving room input and ideas. The room will probably follow a VGC/Amphy style in that the room would always be set to Moderated Chat + and mods/ROs would voice anyone interested in learning.
- The room would never be advertised outside of the forums. Of course this is just basic Showdown rules, but it's still important to mention. I'd probably post the rules of the room on a Pastebin somewhere.
- I would place my own chat bot within the room, further showing that this room would function totally independently to RP/Amphy/Rusty in every way.

So, what do you think? I hope that this idea would help to make the room a better place for all to enjoy, and hopefully stop everyone talking about how the room quality's plummeting. Helping out new people and aiding them in their journey to become great roleplayers is far better than simply dismissing them. We were all bad at this at one point! So, in conclusion, this room is simply going to be a conduit for new savant RPers to rise from the rough. I hope. I'll try my best, if I can make up numbers.
SeriouslySkarmory

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Just A Survey - Who would like a hosting/roleplaying help room created on PS?

Post by Hydre(Hydreigon) on Thu Dec 10, 2015 7:13 am

This is... A wonderfull idea. I'll try to get you on PS, got some ideas as well, etc.

sig links:

Hydre(Hydreigon)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Just A Survey - Who would like a hosting/roleplaying help room created on PS?

Post by Yurri's ♥ on Sat Dec 12, 2015 4:09 am

Is the groupchat thing still a thing? Maybe just make it that imo. Nice idea btw since I suck at descriptive rping.h
Yurri's ♥

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SeriouslySkarmory on Sat Dec 12, 2015 8:07 am

Group chats are unavailable for regular users. If they weren't I'd have one up for this already.
SeriouslySkarmory

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Yurri's ♥ on Tue Dec 15, 2015 2:57 am

So we just call Formerhope & Frens. And the Groupchat owner will just promo you
Yurri's ♥

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SeriouslySkarmory on Sat Dec 19, 2015 1:35 am

I doubt an RO/moderator with global status would do it as that would affiliate it with RP room, which is what I want to avoid with the room creation.
SeriouslySkarmory

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top