[DREAMER] - A burning hot determination! Regina Starks OC!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

[DREAMER] - A burning hot determination! Regina Starks OC!

Post by Illario on Fri Dec 11, 2015 3:17 pm

Regina Starks
The [DREAMER]

Name: Regina Starks
Race: Japanese/Dominican
Height: 4’7”
Weight: 76 lbs.

Personality:

This rash, fierce and occasionally absentminded youth is constantly finding herself in dangerous situations! Although she is kind at heart and is sympathetic to the poor and incapable, Regina has a short temper and is extremely competitive. Yet despite her reckless nature, she completely clams up around those her age and is quick to warm up toward fellow females. Despite her… overwhelming presence at times and the fact she’s hindered by blindness, Regina is very skilled at what she does. How? Because she doesn’t play fair. If there’s something she wants badly, she’ll use any underhanded tactic available and seize any opportunity just to rip victory away from the opponent. This unparalleled determination is what makes her a true star which allows her to shine brighter than the rest!

History:

Youth – To put it simply, Regina’s birth was an unfortunate mistake; the byproduct of a series of experiments regarding the creation of human beings through abiotic or non-sexual methods, using the genetic makeup of what is believed to be the ancestor of Pokemon named Mew. Not only was the gene splicing a failure, she’d also wound up blind as a bat and even seemed to be mute. The scientists, disgusted with their failure yet not wishing to abandon the child, eventually cast her away at the age of seven to an adoptive family living within Castelia City—or so it seemed.

In reality, the ‘family’ she’d been sent to was none other than the highly-intellectual scientist known as Colress, who’d only recently found himself fascinated with the thought of unlocking a Pokémon’s hidden potential. Although his studies with a toddler Regina seemed to be a waste of time for the first few days, Colress had noticed that she was shaping a unique bond with Pokemon; in weeks, she was capable of bringing out a hidden power within them he’d never seen before! Enhanced abilities, communication between human and pokemon… was it all due to some unknown factor he’d skimmed over?

It wasn’t until one fateful day when he’d finally realized his answer. In rare circumstances when Regina was highly emotional, she and one of his Gible lab pets would release an unusual violet aura. Fascinated, Colress immediate delved deep into his studies for a clue to what causes these strange behavioral signs, but to no avail. As months went by, his frustrations worsened and soon what sympathy he had for the child was all but gone, replaced with a scientific curiosity that could not be appeased.

Yet despite this, the one who suffered the most was the young Regina, eight years old and already feeling abandoned and isolated without any real activity or drive. Her days now consisted of eat and sleep, using whatever scrap books Colress left behind to study about facts beyond their sewage home. The mid-20’s scientist himself was always too deep into his research or busy contacting curious members of the disbanded Team Plasma with their ‘project’ to ever notice her loneliness. There were days when she would sneak off from an inattentive Colress late at night and gaze at the stars, never daring enough to venture into the heavily-lit city in fear of the unknown.

And yet, on one sorrowful day, the strange male known as Colress disappeared without a trace. All she had to remember him by was the Gible he left behind for her.

Regina took this moment as a sign: how long was she going to stand there and do nothing? Even if she was in danger, even if she could get hurt… did it really matter? Did she really want to die alone? That was when something within her snapped, and her fear of the unknown was conquered with something far more powerful and influential: courage. And with that courage, Regina dedicated all her time to working up the funds to travel the world with her partner and friend, Gible. She wanted a new face and a new life, where nobody could look down at her or recognize her as ‘that one poor kid’. At the age of ten, she’d have her dream.

----------------------------

“Isn’t it great, Gible? We’re finally free!” Regina turned to face the port of Castelia city once more. Sure, she couldn't see it, but she could still picture how it would look from what she was told: a bustling city filled to the brim with people going about their days... ahh, how nice it would be to see what it all looked like for herself! From behind her rang the booming voice of sailors calling for any remaining passengers flying past her ears. 'No… no turning back', she thought to herself. ‘This is the life I chose.’ And so, with a heavy heart and a deep breath, Regina faced away from her homeland with a parting promise whispered beneath her breath.

“When I return as Champion, I promise you… I’ll change this world! Then I’ll punch those old asshat scientist in the face with all the money I’ve earned! Then…! Then… maybe my parents will wanna see me again.”

The innocent wishes of a child ignorant of her true past is what sets the grand take in motion. And so the ventures in Johto begin!

Tl;dr:

You can dance, you can jive
Having the time of your life
Ooh see that girl, watch that scene
Dig in the battling queen~

- A fake song based on an awesome song.

Inventory: Aside from her pokeball for Gible, she’s carrying nothin’ but scraps- a perfect reflection of her life, scraping by.

Equipment: Dressed in a black tank-top with a blue jacket over it that almost too short for her size, matching black gym shorts, and combat boots. Often wears fingerless gloves as well. May be dressed over with rags if going incognito or trying to elude others. Most often though, she’s too lazy to actually bother with disguise.
Illario
Driver
Driver

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [DREAMER] - A burning hot determination! Regina Starks OC!

Post by Halohbottech on Sat Dec 12, 2015 6:19 pm

Bad girls bad girls.

Whatcha gonna do.

Whatcha gonna do when they come for you?

Jokes aside, can I just say that I love Regina? Like, she's tough, yet innocent and just all around a freaking badass- something you don't genuinely see in most modern-day female OCs. It's almost like she's a real-life person, and the way you craft her behaviour around her past gives me shivers. I hope she finds the best in life, despite not being able to see. V.V

Also, well crafted Bio there! I love the little bit in the beginning that tells us her age, weight, etc: it really gives us a clear-cut look at her physically. Also, what song was she based on, may I ask? Or, if she wasn't based on a song, what inspired her creation?
Halohbottech

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Illario on Sun Dec 13, 2015 5:43 pm

well crap, thanks for all the kind words! From the very moment I made Regina's story I already knew that I wanted her to be something close to the typical feisty-natured female norm, but with a more reasonable twist that reflects her childhood isolation and the fact that she's like, 10. It's good to know someone else picked up on that!

As for what song she's based off of, well... the song lyrics i included were honestly totally random, based on Dancing Queen from Abba. Don't know why, it's the first thing to come to mind when I was writing this lol. Regina herself is probably mored based on the theme of Professor Layton and the curious village. Every time I listened to it, I always had the image of a poor city girl roaming through the busy streets of a large city, evading sight of the police during her simple misadventures. It even leaked into her introduction in that Trainer RP! ... although to be honest, her original backstory was going to be far more depressing than what I did, but I think this one makes her far more relatable.

Simply put, she's just the rebellious and carefree nature of me that I couldn't place into Isis. Glad you liked it!
Illario
Driver
Driver

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ThePrimalLenny on Fri Dec 18, 2015 4:21 pm

up the age a bit?
I mean, I know this whole room/Forum is about creatures that can talk, but 10 year old baddases are unrealistic even by this universes standards.
it's like when you kill this 10 year old kid in minecraft because his hacks suck, and he says "I'm anonymous I'll hack you!" even though his username is his full name.

ThePrimalLenny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Illario on Fri Dec 18, 2015 7:22 pm

ten year old badasses aren't unrealistic. overpowered young badasses? ohhh yeah. but regina isn't all that powerful herself nor is she anything that can be defined by realism. besides, when you have 10-12 year old champions walking around the pokemon universe, I don't think the argument holds up well, y'know?
Illario
Driver
Driver

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ThePrimalLenny on Fri Dec 18, 2015 7:39 pm

but these characters aren't exactly "Badass" persay, they just have giant creatures doing shit for them.

ThePrimalLenny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Illario on Sat Dec 19, 2015 8:06 pm

exactly. so what makes regina any more badass than them? ... nooffensereginailoveyou

yknow just to prevent spamming the forum thread with this discussion, you should just pm me about it and we can talk about it there! i'm happy to chat over a nice cup of virtual centipede tea anytime.
Illario
Driver
Driver

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Halohbottech on Sat Dec 19, 2015 9:30 pm

...Wait.

Centipede tea?

...What are you, the centipede version of Muffet?
Halohbottech

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Illario on Mon Dec 21, 2015 2:59 pm

Hah! What?! No!!!

he knows too much. engage heat-seeking missiles.
Illario
Driver
Driver

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Colora on Tue Dec 22, 2015 6:11 am

Ufufufu. I'll take that tea.

I love the character tho! Seeking revenge seems slightly cliche, but I still really love the idea!
Don't take what I say as bad, it's probably better than anything I can throw together. ;p  Her character is certainly there, making a small, but powerful statement of some sort! xD
Colora

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Illario on Thu Dec 24, 2015 1:00 pm

well, if we're being honest... let's just say I intended for some things to be cliche. her character's gonna 'mature' a bit persay during the actual trainer rp she's in. i'm glad you like her though!
Illario
Driver
Driver

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top