Suggestion : Make legends that are RU or lower available for knights

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Suggestion : Make legends that are RU or lower available for knights

Post by Hydre(Hydreigon) on Mon Dec 14, 2015 6:42 am

Title.

Of course, some would have to still be restricted (hi meloetta), but overall, this would greatly benefit some types and give them a wider range of possibilties, while not breaking the meta totally.

Legends that would be available : Registeel, Uxie, Virizion, Regirock, Mesprit, Articuno, Registeel, Regigigas.

2 ice types, from which ice knights could greatly benefit (lol at ice megas), Registeel that could see some use, Uxie/Mesprit... that will still suck compared to other psychic legends, Virizion for grass/fighting Regigas for Normal and Articuno for flying. The last two will still suffer from crippling type/ability, but with a team built around it, could see some use still.

Opinions and the likes below, maybe move the restriction to BL2, allowing Tornadus, Kyurem and Moltres?

sig links:

Hydre(Hydreigon)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Suggestion : Make legends that are RU or lower available for knights

Post by Fraction on Mon Dec 14, 2015 11:15 pm

You mentioned Registeel two times!!

But still, this is a great idea. I don't see the reason why all legendaries were banned in the first place. 

I approve.
Fraction
Voice
Voice

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nebulous on Tue Dec 15, 2015 1:37 am

No! Legendaries MUST Be banneed! If Phione was unbanned, conquest would become totally unbalanced! I mean, look at Phiones INCREDIBLE stats and movepool! I mean, sure it's missing tailglow and calm mind, but it can still be powerful!... Right?...
Nebulous

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Yurri's ♥ on Tue Dec 15, 2015 6:00 pm

Every legend is OP in a different way. Also, I think the ban wasnt just about power but i think it was also banned because in RP and Lords usually have the more powerful pokemon and knights are just knights.
Yurri's ♥

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hydre(Hydreigon) on Tue Dec 15, 2015 6:24 pm

... You do realize that all of the legends mentioned have barely any power, most are outclassed by other pokemon of the same type in their role, hence why they are RU or lower? And if you are talking about the possible RP aboose, same thing.

sig links:

Hydre(Hydreigon)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Yurri's ♥ on Wed Dec 16, 2015 8:54 am

Who uses low legends anyways? Like seriously.
Yurri's ♥

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hydre(Hydreigon) on Wed Dec 16, 2015 10:32 am

I do. They are actually fun to play and can bring depth in RPs. And if you talk about the competitive side of it, some CAN be really strong (hi Articuno mind reader/sheer cold-- oh wait OHKO clause.)

sig links:

Hydre(Hydreigon)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by needler on Thu Dec 17, 2015 9:20 am

Yurri's ♥ wrote:Who uses low legends anyways? Like seriously.

This is what I gathered from your messages: You either don't understand the CQ/mono meta or you choose to ignore the things around you.

The message in the quotes seems really condescendant, like you were some god tier Conquest player.

Making legends below or in RU usable seems like a good idea, it could save some types.
needler

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DrCirno on Thu Dec 17, 2015 10:54 am

U-uhhm...I am sorry but i believe that despite it giving ice knights more options,it wouldn't really make sense,rp wise.
Sure,it may balance it,but why would a legendary pokemon that,in theory,is a powerfull being that is rarely seen,simply obey someone as a knight?
Obeying a warlord would make sense,since they are,in theory,the strongest one in a kingdom...That is just my point of view though,please don't judge too hard.
DrCirno

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hydre(Hydreigon) on Thu Dec 17, 2015 4:32 pm

I'm not gonna kill yoi ^~^

The point is, those legends (except for regigigas) are indeed rare, but since warlords would be busy dealing with the uber kind of legend, some would choose to appear to knights

sig links:

Hydre(Hydreigon)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mikhail97 on Sat Dec 19, 2015 1:54 am

Maybe this works, but to fit with the lore of Conquest, knights will use Mythical legends (Mew, Celebi, Jirachi etc) instead, and the lords using Legendary Pokemons(Basically cover art mons like Legendary Birds, Legendary Beasts, Tao Trio etc).

Of course, there will be bans for certain mons for the Mythical legends, with some of them being too OP (Shaymin-S, Victini, Genesect, Diancie, Hoopa etc), to provide balance in strength. I mean, no one wants an opposing knight to be like 10 times stronger than the lord.

Mikhail97

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Penguinari of Sweg on Sat Dec 19, 2015 2:17 am

Mikhail97 wrote:Maybe this works, but to fit with the lore of Conquest, knights will use Mythical legends (Mew, Celebi, Jirachi etc) instead, and the lords using Legendary Pokemons(Basically cover art mons like Legendary Birds, Legendary Beasts, Tao Trio etc).

Of course, there will be bans for certain mons for the Mythical legends, with some of them being too OP (Shaymin-S, Victini, Genesect, Diancie, Hoopa etc), to provide balance in strength. I mean, no one wants an opposing knight to be like 10 times stronger than the lord.

Well, unfortunately, lore-wise that would make even less sense, because Mythical legends are even rarer than the cover art legends. I think the original idea of RU or BL2 legends or below is fine.
The Penguinari of Sweg

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hydre(Hydreigon) on Sat Dec 19, 2015 3:11 am

^ What Penguinari said.

Like, a knight with say, regice, would be fine.

A knight with Jirachi/Mew/etc, tho? First of all, rip type balance, 2nd of all, rip CQ RPing. Like, the knight could say 'I don't wanna fight you. *Mew uses teleport*' (yes, I know teleport is banned, hence an example.), or say 'Please Jirachi, accept my wish of becoming a lord', and then going to the lord, saying 'omg you must let me lord now'.

Those are extreme examples, but still could happen.

sig links:

Hydre(Hydreigon)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Allyson(Ninetales) on Tue Jan 19, 2016 3:41 pm

I approve, if there's the best way to gimmick it's a knight's team with low ranked legends ahahah!
Allyson(Ninetales)
Voice
Voice

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hydre(Hydreigon) on Mon Apr 11, 2016 9:07 am

Well, necro-ing this kinda badly with an update on the suggestion, gotta shoutout to Enchidio for the gist of it. Why not simply make near all RU or under legends, bar Meloetta and Hoppa, available as free-to-use?

After all, they're not RU or lower for nothing. The points of plot has been covered earlier, and for balancing, it'd allow types like rock, grass, ice, etc... To get options to become slightly more viable, why not empowering more dark, steel and water.

sig links:

Hydre(Hydreigon)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top