Post by Hydre(Hydreigon) on Sun Apr 10, 2016 7:07 pm

While instead of why* can't edit, mobile

sig links:

Hydre(Hydreigon)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Suggestion : Make legends that are RU or lower available for knights

Post by madman404 on Sun Apr 10, 2016 9:20 pm

Hihi, extra update from one of the others responsible for said idea! Just telling all of you who are concerned about the validity of owning a legendary in a lore wise way, think of it like this. They're minor legends. There's an incredibly high chance more than each exists (I think the regis, too, but idk). Would you put it below someone so dedicated to their type that they'd build an entire team around it and work for someone else of the same idealogy to not do the same? Anyway, I can see a perfectly valid way for knights to have minor legendaries that doesn't hurt a plot at all.

Last edited by madman404 on Sun Apr 10, 2016 9:21 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : minor word change, nothing else)
madman404

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Enchidio on Mon Apr 11, 2016 3:36 pm

ty hydre i appreciat the shoutout

Anyway, I agree with Madman. I think they should be used without being Legend Spots (with the exception of some legendaries.)
Enchidio

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hydre(Hydreigon) on Wed Apr 27, 2016 4:05 am

Alright.

As of now, the RU legend thing is being discussed in the CQ council, and while most bans/unbans didn't need a proper discussion (being unanimous, or near), I feel like this specific point needs it. Because, in the end, it isn't just a 'balance' adjustment, but also means that things can change for the roleplaying room as a whole.

I will talk on the basis that only a single RU or lower legend can be added.

The main argument I had against it is that 'it goes against the lore'. Who said that the RP room was following the main series's lore? What about every single trainer doc having totally changed plots, and lores at that? Or CQ, itself, being a RP in which every kingdom is never the same (unless the same person is keeping it)? Can you talk about lore, in something that is in perpetual evolution?

I understand that allowing RU or lower legends (except Meloetta. Nobody wants psychic to become overly powerful) is going to change how things go in CQ. But is it for the worse? In the end, there are new RP possibilities for both lord and knight, as far as roleplaying goes. As far as balancing goes, some types such as rock will become more viable and not destroyed/left open every single CQ.

If there is a real problem with the lord and the knight sharing a legendary, I'm currently thinking of a system that wouldn't be too complex about it, but I'll come back on it later, if needed.

Please, comment your opinion. You might not be able to vote in the thread, but discussing this point is, to me, the best way to go. Thanks for reading, have a good day.

sig links:

Hydre(Hydreigon)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Enchidio on Wed Apr 27, 2016 3:01 pm

Alright, let me throw in my two cents. The RU legend thing should be allowed.
I see no problem with it, as most Legendaries are minor (especially ones like Meloetta despite the fact that it's gonna be banned). The most major Legendary allowed is probably gonna be like, Regigigas.
It also doesn't interfere with the lore; as a matter of fact, it can improve it. The lord can possibly have Manaphy, and the knight could have Phione (if anyone uses it lmao) and it could spark up some really cool plots.
Also, like Hydre said, does it really follow the CQ lore? In my DnD, Reshiram is more of a deity than a Legendary Pokemon. Same for several Legendary Pokemon, they aren't really considered "Pokemon". I've seen this in other situations, too, where Pokemon isn't like in the games/anime/whatever you want to use to subscribe it.
Just my opinion, kill me if you want.
Enchidio

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top