"Life's too short not to have fun. Do what you want, and you better do it quickly." - Smogger the Gastly

View previous topic View next topic Go down

"Life's too short not to have fun. Do what you want, and you better do it quickly." - Smogger the Gastly

Post by Cave_Hamster Cubone on Mon Dec 14, 2015 4:43 pm

"Life's too short not to have fun. Do what you want, and you better do it quickly. I mean, look at me!" - Smogger the Gastly

Name, age and moves:
Name : Smogger
Pokemon : Haunter
Most used moves :
Disable
Confuse Ray
Embargo
Will-O-Wisp
Rarely used moves :
Mean Look
Torment
Hypnosis
Nightmare
Almost never uses :
Shadow Ball
Personality and items:
Personality : Similar to any normal child, but can turn very serious if need be. As you might be able to tell from his moves, he prefers to fight non-directly, and only resorts to full on attacks in life saving situations.
Items :
Life Orb (A present from his old girlfriend, it powers up his attacks if need be. He only uses it as a last resort.), BrightPowder (His mum sent him out shopping when he was little for groceries, and when he came back with this she made him travel with it everywhere.) and a Rocky Helmet (He just found this one on the floor, and decided to keep it)
Backstory part 1:
Backstory:
When Smogger was a child, his life wasn't bad. It wasn't necessarily good, either, but he put up with what he got. He first started school at the age of 5, and loved it at first sight. He enjoyed going there every day, and even made two friends! One was called Sparxx, the Eevee and the other was called Blossom, the Deerling. Every day he went to school, and every day he came back laughing. His mother and father taught him well when he came back, saying that violence is never the answer. When they were all twelve, they decided to go on a camping trip for Smogger's 13th birthday party. When they finally got there, they found the camp in ruins. Everything had been scrapped, the tents were on fire, their stuff was everywhere and worst of all, Sparxx's evolution stones had gone! They searched everywhere, but to no avail.
Backstory part 2:
The next day in school, they were all feeling down, so they were very vulnerable targets. They were just sitting on a bench in silence, when a new kid came along. He said his name was Dagger, and that he was the strongest Cacnea around. He demanded they handed over anything of any value they had to him, and when they explained what happened the day before, he started to chuckle. He smirked "Oh, that was your camp? It was on my turf, so I wrecked it." Shaking his head in laughter he started to walk away. Suddenly, his body froze up and he couldn't move away from them. When he looked at Smogger, he just saw his eyes piercing his body, forcing him to stay there. "Stop this now, or you are going to get this, kid." He pointed at his fist. The Gastly slowly shook from side-to-side. "You wanna play like that then?" The Cacnea yelled, attracting attention to himself, then throwing a wild Needle Arm at the Gastly. Suprised that he'd do that, Smogger barely dodged, then his eyes glowed blue and so did Dagger's fist. "H-hey, Smogger, calm down. We don't need to fight." Blossom whispered to him.
"Shut up! He deserves this!" The Gastly yelled back, simultaneously putting the Cacnea to sleep with Hypnosis. His eyes then glowed red, and Dagger started screaming and crying, rolling about on the floor. When Dagger finally woke up, eyes red, he pulled out a big club from his backpack, and swung it at Sparxx. This sent her flying, and her back smashed into the wall. Not even flinching at the impact, Smogger's gas touched the weapon and it crumpled into dust, leaving Cacnea defenseless. While this was going on, Blossom picked up the crying Eevee and tried to comfort her whilst they went to the nearest teacher. They came back in a couple seconds with a Sawk. He jumped in the way of the fight, pulling the Cacnea away and trying to talk to Smogger. "Hey, man. Calm down, or you won't see this school again!" he warned Smogger. None of this broke through to him though, and he kept screaming whilst Dagger was crying. A Poochyena took it upon himself to stop the fight, and knocked Smogger out with bite.
Backstory part 3:
Later that day, they were both in the headmaster's office, looking rather guilty and mad. In the end it was decided that they would be kicked out of school. On the way out, Dagger tried for some last second revenge. He saw Sparxx walking out of the nurses place, and threw the Fire Stone he stole earlier at her. This hit her on the head, and started to merge with her body. Before long, she transformed into a Flareon. Everyone was at a loss for words; this deprived her of her freedom of evolution. She ran out of the school after she realized what just happened. Smogger's parents were obviously not very impressed, and kicked him out of their house, saying they "Taught him better than that.". For the next few days, he just hung around back alleys, picking up food where he could. Eventually news got round to him that his old best friend, Blossom, had been murdered by Dagger. He was very shocked by this, and decided to run to her mother's house; he had been there when he was little. When he got to her house, she wasn't crying so he assumed she hadn't heard about the news yet. after he told her what happened and how he had been kicked out, and how Blossom had died, she gave him a very stern talk, and told him to get a grip. "Everyone was affected by this, my only family member was killed. I do feel sad, yes, but if i went into mourning my life would be derailed." Respecting her for helping him out and not losing to sadness, he asked if he could stay at her house. She said you can, but only if you clean the house out and such. He agreed and they happily lived there for a while, until the one called Banshee rocketed into his life.
Relationships.:

Felipe the Human : Friends
Daruma the Darmanitan : Friends
Felicia the Zorua : Acquaintances
Sekhmet the Dragalge : Good Friends
(This is my sorry present for not posting in a while.)

Last edited by Cave_Hamster Cubone on Wed Feb 17, 2016 12:01 pm; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : Relationships tab)
Cave_Hamster Cubone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: "Life's too short not to have fun. Do what you want, and you better do it quickly." - Smogger the Gastly

Post by LargeJellopy on Sat Jan 23, 2016 5:56 pm

Well, it would appear that I didn't comment in here for a good long while, but a late reply is better than no reply, I guess...
So, do you still use this OC?

The first thing I'd recommend is that you work on the formatting of this post, because the current text has no breathing room, so to say, and thus makes reading feel tiresome. I, of course, read through it anyway.

Through the bio... well, how unfair the whole situation was! Kind of a point on how one who fights monsters must be careful not to become a monster themselves? Or something about calling authority to solve the problems instead of taking them on yourself; had this authority Sawk came in previously, maybe they'd have caught Dagger in the act instead of having it so it seemed like the Gastly was the bully?

Makes sense how he doesn't really enjoy appealing to violence; look how far that got him...
How are you intending to develop him, though? Will he try the pacifist way while floating by Freeroams and the like?
He's got one heck of a journey ahead of him, and I'm rather looking forward to seeing him wit out of the challenges~~

I find it interesting how many of Smogger's role models are female... mother, two best friends... I wonder how does this influence his view on stuff? I'm pretty sure that, for instance, happening to be called "feminine", "girly", to hear he "fights like a girl", doesn't affect him too much as females (using this term due to Pokémon females not being women) were pretty big references for him. Interesting.

May I ask you not to include murder of these background female characters on your next bio, though?
It's already cropped up on Banshee's, it crops up here too, and both times they die so they can give motivation to the main character.
And to see them killed off for the OC's pain is... it's an unnerving trope, really. The previously-touched-upon abundance of female characters on Smogger's background softens the blow, but watch out before using this plot device again, please?

And how does Banshee connect to Smogger's plot? I don't think I've read on that on Banshee's bio... is that a surprise you're keeping?

May we meet later!

Waroo, an Aurorus Hiwahiwa, a Gorebyss Jiggly, a Goodra Cassandra, an Absol
General Winter Morozko, Articuno Jinn, a Whimsicott Jordan, a Lapras Kelly, a Gallade
LargeJellopy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: "Life's too short not to have fun. Do what you want, and you better do it quickly." - Smogger the Gastly

Post by Cave_Hamster Cubone on Wed Jan 27, 2016 3:28 pm

Hey, thanks for helping me out. I was going to change it, but now there is a comment, I won't.

The formatting has been sorted, hopefully that is a little better now.
It seems you found what i was trying to get across. I have a long temperature, but when I snap, something bad is going to happen. I try to calm down but it doesn't always work. Just a subtle little warning hidden there. And yes, it is unfair.
Life is unfair, we all have our fair share of bad luck. If we get through it however, there will be a reward hidden somewhere for what you have endured.
Yes, he is still a pacifist. It's rather hard to keep up with the fast paced chat whilst trying to think of ways out of things.
He is affected by these role-models a fair amount, he is rather spiteful but very emotional, and can really understand how people think.
I am sorry for the murdering thing, it just sorta happens whilst writing. It shouldn't happen in the next bio, which will belong to the Bouffalant from Banshee's backstory, and apart from Flak dying there shouldn't be too much of that. So sorry.
Banshee's story is referenced a fair amount, i'm surprised you didn't notice. The Gastly in Banshee's story is Smogger and the Sawsbuck is Blossom's mother. Dagger is the Cacturne that was burnt to death by Flak, so that was there too.

P.S. He has evolved now!
Cave_Hamster Cubone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top