Research into OC's ages.

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Research into OC's ages.

Post by Spyke (Gallade) on Thu Dec 17, 2015 8:37 am

UPDATE (Added 25/12/15 (Merry Christmas!)): Please read through the entire post, including the rules update at the bottom, before replying. Also, once I've got some more data that qualifies by all rules stated, I'll post a doc with all the data I've collected. (Still feel free to post both until and after this happens.)

I've noticed a few patterns relating to OC's ages. Generally, 18-20 are very common ages, there are rather few OCs below 14, and there aren't very many characters I've seen that are genuinely old. So, out of curiosity more than anything, could you post the age of your oldest OC, how many OCs you have between 18 and 20 (inclusive), how many below-fourteen OCs you have, and anything else relevant? For the sake of brevity and precision, please only include full developed OCs, not, for example, characters from the backstory of full OCs, family members of your OCs that aren't characters on their own, and trainer's Pokemon that aren't proper characters in their own right. Also, if you have an approved Legendary OC, do not include it in any of your replies, because it's not very good research into older OCs if we're allowing things at age 10 million.

Also, my oldest OC is Fury (aged 62), I have only one OC between 18 and 20 (Buraki, aged 19), and I have one OC below fourteen (B-KO, aged 13).

RULES UPDATE: Please do NOT include any OCs that age at a slow rate or not at all past a certain age as your oldest OC. Also, if you have an OC that is ancient to any degree, but looks 18-20, they're in the 18-20 category, same applies for the below-14 category.This post isn't about how many numbers you've stuck onto your OC for whatever reason, whether it's because the character wouldn't work without such a backstory, or because you just felt like having them be able to smugly state that they're older than genuinely aging people without losing their sparkly beauty. It's about how youthful they actually are, physically.

Last edited by Spyke (Gallade) on Fri Dec 25, 2015 6:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Spyke (Gallade)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Research into OC's ages.

Post by Halohbottech on Thu Dec 17, 2015 4:17 pm

My oldest OC is Falcon (41), and since I have so many OCs I'm only going to count the ones from his story.

I have two OCs between 18-20 (Haley and Cero, both 19) and none of my main characters are younger than those two.

I'd say Maaorn is my oldest OC, but considering he spans all of my stories, as a connecting centerpiece, I can't really say how old he is, since my timeline isn't finished. But he's definitely the oldest canonically.

My main OC, Haloh, is 21.
Halohbottech

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by LargeJellopy on Thu Dec 17, 2015 6:08 pm

I believe age to be a difficult matter to precisely define when talking Pokémon because, if you regard them as the many different species they are (and you should do this, imo), then there's a whole lot of variety between times they take to mature, to become truly adults and stuff...

But cutting to the most objective I can, my only OC with a defined age, Waroo, is stated to have the equivalent to 18 human years in Aurorus-age (since she was breeded from revived parents instead of revived herself from a fossil); Alexei, my Aggron, is often stated to be rather old but I never got around to defining his exact age, and Hiwahiwa and Jinn have very vague ages~~

Cutting it short, my only concrete contribution to the census is a sort-of 18 years old. Yay?

Waroo, an Aurorus Hiwahiwa, a Gorebyss Jiggly, a Goodra Cassandra, an Absol
General Winter Morozko, Articuno Jinn, a Whimsicott Jordan, a Lapras Kelly, a Gallade
LargeJellopy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Spyke (Gallade) on Thu Dec 17, 2015 6:33 pm

LargeJellopy wrote:I believe age to be a difficult matter to precisely define when talking Pokémon because, if you regard them as the many different species they are (and you should do this, imo), then there's a whole lot of variety between times they take to mature, to become truly adults and stuff...

I typically slightly humanize my more animalistic OCs (emphasis on slightly, their behaviours are still quite feral most of the time) since they're simpler to RP as and write that way. But if, for example, you took the canines and converted their ages to dog years and somesuch, my oldest OC relative to their age cycle is Sebastian the Houndoom, at the age of holy crop 241. Also, the main problem with that is that some Pokemon are based on animals that mature so quickly that they'd never get anything done before falling over and dying (Bug-types especially, the last time I checked most insects last about a year if they're lucky), or are based on fictional concepts or other things that don't have clear age cycles (Aggron, Beeheeyem, Tyranitar, I could go on), so it's really insanely hard to adapt a backstory you want to write to anything not humanoid. Also, may I point out that if everyone were to have their animalistic OCs converted to proper cat/dog years, Sebi would be only four human years, and you'd have to have all your OCs rapidly age in-RP out of sync with each other, and it would all end up messy and confusing and complicated. So basically yeah. I assume all my OCs, regardless of species, age similarly to humans.
Spyke (Gallade)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Illario on Thu Dec 17, 2015 11:07 pm

the oldest age for mine is around 2,000 years old! ... hmm, maybe we shouldn't count dragons.

generally speaking though, my OCs fall from ten year old girls to elderly men, with the average age being from 21-35. there's regina (10), human isis (53), female isis (32), bane (23), etc. people usually pick teenage OCs because, to be honest, 18-21 is the apex age for human coolness in tvs. meet every main protagonist ever.
Illario
Driver
Driver

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Halohbottech on Thu Dec 17, 2015 11:22 pm

^very true. No doubt about it.

And yet my favourite OC (not haloh say whaaat) of mine is actually over 40, so I suppose that's a point for me in... something. I'll think of the category in time.
Halohbottech

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dreaming Asriel on Fri Dec 18, 2015 12:19 am

My oldest OC is/was 666 years old, but looked 27.

Her name was Karli.

We shall not speak of Karli any more.
Dreaming Asriel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rubber Ducky Z on Fri Dec 18, 2015 3:49 am

Well......9 out of 11 of my most used OCs are 17 years or older My oldest OC out of all my primary and secondary OCs is my Haxorus OC,Predalien and she is around 34 years old.

My Youngest OC is Io's son Argos and he is around 2-4 years old. Speaking of Io who is by far my most used OC she is 19 years old at the moment.

Last edited by Rubber Ducky Z on Fri Dec 25, 2015 11:48 pm; edited 2 times in total
Rubber Ducky Z

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cryptik on Fri Dec 18, 2015 4:36 am

Welp, I would tell you, but I don't think I can.
See, my main OC has a unique awareness of dimensions which he can travel back and forth between.
Some dimensions progress faster than others, so giving him an age wouldn't work.

But if I were to guess, I would say somewhere around 7,000 years of age.

He does resemble a teenager tho Razz
Cryptik

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Spyke (Gallade) on Fri Dec 18, 2015 6:28 am

Almighty Savior wrote:generally speaking though, my OCs fall from ten year old girls to elderly men, with the average age being from 21-35. there's regina (10), human isis (53), female isis (32), bane (23), etc. people usually pick teenage OCs because, to be honest, 18-21 is the apex age for human coolness in tvs. meet every main protagonist ever.

I believe on the stroke of midnight on their eighteenth birthdays, every character suddenly grows half a metre and becomes a supersoldier for four years, and then at the stroke of midnight on their 22nd birthday they suddenly grow again and become weaker but wiser, and then on the stroke of midnight on their 30th birthday they become grey-haired ancient hunchbacks.
Spyke (Gallade)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Spyke (Gallade) on Fri Dec 18, 2015 6:42 am

Also, am I the only one who finds all these I'm-actually-700 things to be quite amusing? But anyways, don't post any characters that are ancient but look like youthful 18-21 year olds, post what they are PHYSICALLY. If they've been around for a thousand years but haven't aged much and look thirteen, for all I care, they are thirteen. So if they're actually 14.7 billion but look like they're 19, include them in the 18-21 category, and if they're actually 7943798786759 but look 9 include them in the below-14 category. Also, if you have a character who's forty and looks their age versus one that's infinity but only looks twenty, THE ONE THAT LOOKS OLDER, IS OLDER. 'Kay? 'Kay. (i can't figure out how to delete this reply now i've moved it into the main post heeeelp.)

Last edited by Spyke (Gallade) on Fri Dec 25, 2015 6:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Spyke (Gallade)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Flyhn on Thu Dec 24, 2015 4:10 pm

In FR, i've only ever used Pokeguy and Flyhn (currently aged 15 and 16 respectively), but i also have Amps (around 17-18 ish i guess?) and my villain, Zor (name is placeholder for now, his age is... in his 30-40s i guess?) Never really thought of it, i know he's older than the others. Poke and Flyhn are the only ones whose age i've actually established, so idk.
Flyhn

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SeriouslySkarmory on Fri Dec 25, 2015 6:28 am

Oldest OC? I think this is cheating but Juno has been around since the beginning of time. If we want to go oldest human, Paradise is 46. Although, I mean... she's kinda robotic so it doesn't count. Ignios is next at 43, and he looks it.
Youngest OC? Cassandra's two years old.
SeriouslySkarmory

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Spyke (Gallade) on Fri Dec 25, 2015 6:14 pm

SeriouslySkarmory wrote:Youngest OC? Cassandra's two years old.

May I comment that you are the owner of the youngest OC I've ever seen out of those that age normally (I assume), so gold star I guess! I'm going to assume that she's a main OC and not a sub-one like a sister or child of another OC. If she's not an OC in her own right your gold star's getting revoooked. Also, I feel like I'll be technically evil if I collect much more of this data and don't make tables and graphs and stuff out of it. So I'll probably do that at some point, if I get a bit more stuff to work with and people stop posting only OCs that violate the rules I specifically stated and are therefore disqualified legally. (I'll go add the normal-aging-only rule into the main post so people are more likely to see it.)

EDIT: Moved the rule update reply into the main post.
Spyke (Gallade)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Andria on Fri Mar 04, 2016 1:21 am

My youngest oc is Alexei. Alexei just hatched.
My oldest of is... Cylia. Yes. she's 18. Usually my OCS ages don't go above 13, but there's those OCS.
Might as well throw in:
Silvana, the 9 year old kid
Rosie, the 12 year old Gardevoir
Rosie, the 14 years old Pansear
Silvana, the 15 year old Absol
Kayla, the 16 year old Ninetales
Last but not least,
Sinera, the 17 year old Ballads.
Andria

View user profile

Back to top Go down