On the current state of ZA

View previous topic View next topic Go down

On the current state of ZA

Post by Hydre(Hydreigon) on Tue Jan 12, 2016 7:13 am

Yes, ZA is a "custom". But the number of people hosting this make it an official RP, at least for me and a lot of other people.

Anyway. I am probably not the only one who is currently tired of having ZA ending up in a player vs player fest, usually because 'omg you looked at my <insert weapon> I must kill you'. And this is particularly tiring. I mean, if you really wanna kill another player, you can go in HG. I am, of course, not blaming the hosts on this, since the biggest cause of this is the players that solely want to attack each other and have their RP based on 3 !roll, with near no importance on how the thing is going.

It might be just a simple rant. But with those, maybe we should rename Zombie Apocalypse, sometimes WITHOUT zombies actually, into something more along the lines of 'Hunger games in devasted wasteland'. Wasn't the point of the custom to have the RPers survive with teamwork/or not into a destroyed country/etc, while fending off/running from hordes of zombies, etc? Or just survival?

I don't know. Maybe the problem is with some hosting it like it must be a PvP fest, or in this case, RvR for RPer vs RPer. Maybe it's with the people in just not giving a damn about logic, or a mix of both (seriously, who finds a poisoned katana in the basement of a church)?

sig links:

Hydre(Hydreigon)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: On the current state of ZA

Post by Yurri's ♥ on Tue Jan 12, 2016 7:39 am

Tbh, I hate how almost every rper in my ZAs rp because either they have their own nonsense stuff or they have their own plot. I liked it more back then where there were really serious rping and serious rpers not just people trying to be reptiles(pls srsly.) And I can't just force them to be serious

I don't even know who gave perms to the other ZA hosts. I was also working on a ZA where there were stats (Strength, Speed, Accuracy, Intelligent) but I didn't like it.

In the topic of ZA having an overly luck-based system,  I suggest making it stay that way for now because real life ZA will also kinda be kuck based.

I also hate why some host make some features be unrealistic (e.g Gorilla Villain, Overly mutated zombies, etc.)

You know what? I'mma lecture those ZA hosts (rofl) and I'll just force the rpers to focus on the plot, not the action. Even if it cause hate(i don't really care).

#MakeZAGreatAgain
Yurri's ♥

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychoreality on Sun Jan 17, 2016 6:32 am

Why not just rename Zombie Apocalypse "Apocalypse Survival" and make it non-custom? Yurri and DoomsdayDevice have the ability to do this and it'd allow the RP to be not only more RPd (ZA is so popular it's not funny and having about 10 or so hosts is a bit of a buzzkill) but also more freeform in how it's created. You wouldn't have to shove in obligatory zombies or weapon searching or anything. It'd be kinda like Kingdom but without the obligatory 100 classes or more that Kingdoms have these days.

Here are some of the ideas for how "Apocalypse Survival" could be created (I came up with all of these ideas in the two minutes it took me to type to this point):
- Trainer-style Pokemon battling RP, except in a Fallout-style world
- Classic zombie-filled Walking Dead-type RP
- Exploration RP in which you have to try and find a shelter with potential survivors
- War of the Worlds/Tomorrow series battlefield setting in which the participants must survive at all costs

You see where I'm going with this, right? Each host could bring with them a new level of original roleplay design with only these two simple changes. Sure, it could cause an oversaturation of Apocalypse documents but, at least for a while, the good would definitely outweigh the bad. Hope you'll take this on board, and thanks for reading.
Psychoreality
Driver
Driver

View user profile http://psychoreality19.wix.com/popranter

Back to top Go down

Post by Hydre(Hydreigon) on Sun Jan 17, 2016 9:03 am

Psychoreality wrote:Why not just rename Zombie Apocalypse "Apocalypse Survival" and make it non-custom? Yurri and DoomsdayDevice have the ability to do this and it'd allow the RP to be not only more RPd (ZA is so popular it's not funny and having about 10 or so hosts is a bit of a buzzkill) but also more freeform in how it's created. You wouldn't have to shove in obligatory zombies or weapon searching or anything. It'd be kinda like Kingdom but without the obligatory 100 classes or more that Kingdoms have these days.

Here are some of the ideas for how "Apocalypse Survival" could be created (I came up with all of these ideas in the two minutes it took me to type to this point):
- Trainer-style Pokemon battling RP, except in a Fallout-style world
- Classic zombie-filled Walking Dead-type RP
- Exploration RP in which you have to try and find a shelter with potential survivors
- War of the Worlds/Tomorrow series battlefield setting in which the participants must survive at all costs

You see where I'm going with this, right? Each host could bring with them a new level of original roleplay design with only these two simple changes. Sure, it could cause an oversaturation of Apocalypse documents but, at least for a while, the good would definitely outweigh the bad. Hope you'll take this on board, and thanks for reading.

Seconding this. Definitely.

I mean, diversity can't be but good, right?

sig links:

Hydre(Hydreigon)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Yurri's ♥ on Mon Jan 18, 2016 4:05 am

I'm sticking with the current ZA i have. Unless, The current ZA peeps want me to change.

For the other hosts(There are like 3-4 active ZA hosts.), they're free to do what they want for ZA since no one fully owns the idea even TLC.

Yurri's ♥

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top