Dissappearing Posts

Go down

Dissappearing Posts

Post by Colora on Mon Jan 18, 2016 3:22 pm

Hiya! I was recently typing a LONG post for a RP idea when suddenly Chrome decided to crash and close all tabs instantly!

Now before there's any misunderstandings, I know you can edit and go back into the history of making a Post. But, when Google Chrome (for example) crashes, or is accidentally closed and there's a long post written, but not submitted... Is there any way to code into the forums so that the previous text will stay there upon re-opening the tab?(Ctrl-Shift-T) I'm not familiar on how one would go about doing so, but as far as I know, I've been on other forums which have added said feature in.

I don't know whether this happens often, or it's simply something I'm griping about, but apologies if this sounds like a complaint.

Tl:dr - Can the forums bring back lost text after my GC crashes?
Colora

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dissappearing Posts

Post by Allyson(Ninetales) on Tue Jan 19, 2016 12:45 am

I dont think this should be made an individual thread, but instead goes into the Forum's Q&A Thread located here

Anyways yeah this also happens to me, I hate it so much >.> but there's always 1 technique that I do. I always copy every thing that I have typed some time (ex: every 3 minutes), I started doing this when I lost so much amount of text that were supposed to be posted about the third time already.
Allyson(Ninetales)
Voice
Voice

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Colora on Tue Jan 19, 2016 7:30 pm

Well I thought to put it here since it was more-so of a suggestion that the feature be added to the forums rather than it just be a question with the answer no. (But you make a great suggestion of copy and pasta every so often- but usually my clipboard has text or links on it already)
Colora

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down