[CQ RMT] Do you love mind games? (Psychic Knight Team)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

[CQ RMT] Do you love mind games? (Psychic Knight Team)

Post by Allyson(Ninetales) on Tue Jan 19, 2016 1:16 am

Hi guys, Allyson here. So I've gotten into love with Psychic once more and here's the fruit of my labor.
I'd really like to hear some suggestions since I have some few problems(Sorry if there's no pictures, I'm doing this at lunch break, going to add pictures later xD)

Medicham @ Medichamite  
Ability: Pure Power  
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD  
Adamant Nature  
- Fake Out  
- Bullet Punch
- High Jump Kick  
- Ice Punch  
I really have loved this one, the best hitter in the team, scariest one if given support properly. Now it's really weird to have a medicham-mega not to be having max speed, but I wanted it to hit harder and able to take a hit or two so I ran bulky Adamant medicham. Medicham can wreak havoc during the times that most opponents are crippled down and/or if medicham is hiding behind the screens. UPDATE: Added Bullet Punch, it's been helpful since Medicham doesn't have decent speed (no offense dude!) and it relies on screens/thunder wave. This was suggested by LegendaryBoy.

Meowstic @ Light Clay  
Ability: Prankster  
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD  
Calm Nature  
- Thunder Wave  
- Light Screen  
- Reflect  
- Heal Bell/Fake Out/Magic Coat 
 I gotta love prankster on Meowstic, it made this pokemon very good as a utility mon. It also has decent 104 Base Speed, it can do some screens most of the time or slow down the opponents for medicham. I have Heal Bell, Fake Out or Magic Coat for the last move's option. Heal Bell to help medicham in case he gets crippled down, Fake Out to break some focus sash, Magic Coat can be handy to counter enemies with taunt or enemies that want to set up on your field.

Starmie @ Life Orb  
Ability: Natural Cure  
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe  
Timid Nature  
- Ice Beam  
- Rapid Spin  
- Scald  
- Psyshock/Dazzling Gleam
Ah yes Starmie, a good team player in my opinion. Starmie is a very handy mon, being able to spin+hurts+top speed. Starmie is a potential threat for enemies to mark since the team cannot just live with only Medicham-mega to be able to hit. This set is very generic since Starmie is a simple pokemon itself. It's really hard to choose between Psyshock and Dazzling Gleam since both are good moves to be noted, Dazzling Gleam gives you power to kill Dark Types while Psyshock serves as threat for Chansey & Venusaur-mega. I also noticed that Dazzling Gleam cant kill bulky fighting types, while psyshock pops them with no trouble.

Wobbuffet @ Custap Berry/Red Card  
Ability: Shadow Tag  
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpD  
Bold Nature  
- Encore  
- Destiny Bond  
- Mirror Coat  
- Counter  
Godbuffet!!! I fell inlove with this god in a very short notice, the ability to withstand most hits then hit back with something to OHKO the opponent is just too splendid. The set is very generic itself except for Custap Berry. I just noticed that Wobbufet can take so many hits from non-boosted opponents, I added a custap berry so that when Wobbufet has 1/4 or less than health and he will die the next hit, it's a really good surprise to have a +1 Destiny Bond in your sleeve. Update: Red Card, oh I tried it and it was wonderful! ahaha I really laughed at my opponent's reaction when they their precious mon at the back gets brought out and hit by a powerful counter/mirror coat. Red Card is very risky but it gives high pay if you play it well.

Sigilyph @ Flame Orb  
Ability: Magic Guard  
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA  
Bold Nature  
- Psycho Shift  
- Roost  
- Calm Mind  
- Air Slash  
Sigilyph is a very useful pokemon, being able to burn opponents+set up on your face especially when behind screens. I really like sigilyph since it shuts down most attackers that may kill 1/3 of the team in an instant. I ran defensive set since I use Calm Mind, not Cosmic Power. I really used Air Slash since I didn't wanna get shut down by Dark types in an instant, especially if they cant kill Sigilyph and the only problem is that Sigilyph cant hit them. Air Slash is also Sigi's STAB move, and didn't I mention that it can do some hax with Air Slash.

Metagross @ Weakness Policy  
Ability: Clear Body  
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD  
Adamant Nature  
- Stealth Rock  
- Bullet Punch  
- Zen Headbutt  
- Earthquake
A mon recommended by Hydre, it's really weird how I said that I had bad experiences with WP Metagross but I'm loving this guy. Being able to tank a Knock Off then BOOM! OH KO! This is Stealth Rock WP Bait set, Zen Headbutt for the best STAB move, Earthquake for Special coverage and Bullet Punch is priority STAB which is so helpful at times since Metagross is one slow mon. 

Team Threats:
!!GHOST!!-> Especially Aegislash (i cant kill this guy, seriously haven't killed one of these with my team so yes I'm taking team replacements if needed) Actually I got obliterated by Ghost 5 times already, irritating >.> I hate those things that can wall everyone of my team, even some of those teams that rely on Hex beat me (sucks to be me right?), anyways yes I want team replacements.
Bug-> Mega-Pinsir (a bit problematic with its ability to outspeed my prio screener)
Psychic(Generic teams) -> Generally those with Hoopa and Slowbro
Dark(Well built+well played teams)-> I don't wanna see Yveltal or LO Weavile, no please

Last edited by Allyson(Ninetales) on Wed Jan 20, 2016 11:22 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Added Threats + Added Updates)
Allyson(Ninetales)
Voice
Voice

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [CQ RMT] Do you love mind games? (Psychic Knight Team)

Post by Fraction on Tue Jan 19, 2016 5:50 am

The team looks interesting. The only changes I can recommend without changing the actual pokemon themselves are;

Medicham; Bullet Punch > Psycho Cut

Psycho isn't really needed as a STAB on Medicham. Primarily because your entire team is Psychic, so it can be substituted for a 'better' move, aka Bullet Punch. 'Priority is everything.' Bullet Punch hits those Fairies for easy kills, and due to pure power it hits any neutral typing hard enough. This, my fren, is your powerhouse pokemon, use it well.

On Starmie; 

You said that you use Dazzling Gleam as coverage sometimes. It isn't really needed, unless, yeah, you wanna kill some Dark types. Here, I also suggest running Thunderbolt as an option. 

Interesting team overall.
Fraction
Voice
Voice

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hydre(Hydreigon) on Tue Jan 19, 2016 6:49 am

Another valid option for your starmie would be hydro pump over scald, because you'll want to extra boost in power to kill things.

I love the metang over brozong, since I use it as well, it can effectively surprise people ^~^ Another option for metang could be the following set

EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD  
Adamant Nature  
- Stealth Rock
- Bullet Punch  
- Zen Headbutt  
- Earthquake

considering your medicham doesn't have a prio move... This can effectively be a 'lure' metagross ^^

Overall, good team

Edit : yes it's a metagross not a metang but they fill the same role

sig links:

Hydre(Hydreigon)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Allyson(Ninetales) on Tue Jan 19, 2016 7:38 am

LegendaryBoy wrote:The team looks interesting. The only changes I can recommend without changing the actual pokemon themselves are;

Medicham; Bullet Punch > Psycho Cut

Psycho isn't really needed as a STAB on Medicham. Primarily because your entire team is Psychic, so it can be substituted for a 'better' move, aka Bullet Punch. 'Priority is everything.' Bullet Punch hits those Fairies for easy kills, and due to pure power it hits any neutral typing hard enough. This, my fren, is your powerhouse pokemon, use it well.

On Starmie; 

You said that you use Dazzling Gleam as coverage sometimes. It isn't really needed, unless, yeah, you wanna kill some Dark types. Here, I also suggest running Thunderbolt as an option. 

Interesting team overall.
Oh I see your point there for Bullet Punch Medicham, I'll make sure to add that.
I don't really have so much grudge on flying types to have Thunderbolt also on Starmie and water types are easily done by Psyshock.
Allyson(Ninetales)
Voice
Voice

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Allyson(Ninetales) on Tue Jan 19, 2016 7:39 am

Hydre(Hydreigon) wrote:Another valid option for your starmie would be hydro pump over scald, because you'll want to extra boost in power to kill things.

I love the metang over brozong, since I use it as well, it can effectively surprise people ^~^ Another option for metang could be the following set

EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD  
Adamant Nature  
- Stealth Rock
- Bullet Punch  
- Zen Headbutt  
- Earthquake

considering your medicham doesn't have a prio move... This can effectively be a 'lure' metagross ^^

Overall, good team

Edit : yes it's a metagross not a metang but they fill the same role
I shall test your metagross set, though I had really bad experiences with WP Metagross. No offense :<
Allyson(Ninetales)
Voice
Voice

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top