Should Prom be banned in Amphy

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Do you agree with BDG that Prom should be banned in Amphy?

46% 46% 
[ 6 ]
54% 54% 
[ 7 ]

Total Votes : 13

Should Prom be banned in Amphy

Post by BattleDomeGuy on Sat Jan 30, 2016 2:26 am

Hello everyone welcome to my little topic about whether or not Prom should be banned in Amphy.

If you don't know, Prom is an RP which is basically like FR with a specific setting, like Kingdom, except it is much more limited, with the setting being a traditional prom night. Ideally it would get a lot of people RPing in it to best emulate the feeling of being in a large dance with all of your peers, enjoying one of the biggest highlights of being in 11th/12th grade (maybe even 10th grade if you know a few people). There would be dancing, drinking punch, and romance galore. Unfortunately in the AmphyRP room, this doesn't work as well as one would expect it to, and I have three main reasons why.

1. The main crowd of Amphy, whether you are willing to admit or not, considers themselves better than the normal Roleplaying room, and thus consider themselves superior to RPs that flow better in the normal Roleplaying room, in turn not wanting to participate in these RPs and by word of mouth, spreading a reputation that the RP itself is heavily flawed, which I believe it is not, I simply believe that Amphy is not a proper environment for this RP. Although most RPs started in the Roleplaying room, a good deal of them had proved to be more cohesive and concise in an environment like Amphy's with less people involved, such as Conquest and Trainer, while others proved to be better with Roleplaying room, such as Prom and arguably Murder Mystery. The predisposition towards RPs such as Prom from the Amphy community directly coincides with my second point, so here it is.

2. Proms in Amphy generally have very few active RPers. The difference in users in Amphy and Roleplaying is staggering so a drop in the number of RPers would be expected, but the number of active RPers in the average Prom is pitiful compared to the number of users in the room. There are usually around 30 to 40 users in Amphy that are voiced, not including staff and Roleplaying Bot who are usually too busy with managing the rooms to RP. In the average RP of Prom in Amphy, there are usually no more than 5 RPers that actively RP during the RPs short lifespan. That means that the other 25 or more people, which usually means that a staggering 84% of the room isn't RPing at minimum, would not be RPing and instead be using OOC to talk with each other, flooding the room with OOC and making it difficult to RP because of the wall of OOC preventing a person from reading another person's text. This added difficulty to RP piles onto the problem, making the room more and more desolate as the RP continues until it is endpolled, and that is where my final major concern comes into play

3. Because of the negative reception that Prom gets, it is usually endpolled as soon as a staff member allows it by an unhappy member of the Amphy community. This is prominently in the first 20 - 30 minutes of the RP, it all depends on the discretion of the staff user in question. And the RP always ends at this first end poll. In my recent experience with Prom in Amphy, there hasn't been one time where an endpoll for Prom resulted in a continue. My apologies if I did miss an endpoll that did result in a continue for Prom, I'm simply going off of my experiences. The lack of support for Prom in Amphy always leads to these endpolls and half of the OOC is simply people saying how close it is to the next endpoll. Here I have an image of the last endpoll in Amphy for Prom. I hope you enjoy

Prom, while a fun idea for an RP, simply does not work in Amphy and only serves to waste time that could be devoted to other more fulfilling RPs, or to testing other aspiring hosts's new customs, which is Amphy's intended purpose, despite the fact that Amphy itself has drifted far from this intended mindset. The reasons that Prom fails in Amphy is because of the Amphy users predisposition towards main-esque RPs, the lack of people even in the RPs and the frequency and magnitude of the endpolls. However, I would like to make it clear that I do not hate Prom, nor do I want it to be eradicated. I have many good memories from Prom, in fact my first long distance relationship stemmed from a Prom believe it or not. I believe that the best course of action for Prom would be to run it in Roleplaying more often, that way it can be RPed by many people at once, allowing it to fulfill its main purpose, to emulate an actual prom. An actual prom isn't over in 20 minutes and it certainly has more than 3 people in it.

Thank you for reading my little essay and to the ROs, I hope you take this into consideration. Have a great day/night

BattleDomeGuy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Should Prom be banned in Amphy

Post by Fenrir Aesir on Thu Feb 04, 2016 12:17 am

Why does this thread exist twice?
Fenrir Aesir

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Should Prom be banned in Amphy

Post by Psychoreality on Sun Feb 14, 2016 8:46 am

This thread has no need to exist twice.