The case regarding Custom Priority in AmphyRP

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

The case regarding Custom Priority in AmphyRP

Post by SilverEXLucky7 on Sat Jan 30, 2016 9:14 pm

Just please. Take this down quickly

Last edited by SilverEXLucky7 on Mon Feb 15, 2016 6:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
SilverEXLucky7

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The case regarding Custom Priority in AmphyRP

Post by PyrrhonWheatley on Sat Jan 30, 2016 9:17 pm

Whelp. They hit everything didn't they. Guess there's nothing to add besides "Congrats on someone actually making this"
PyrrhonWheatley

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BattleDomeGuy on Sat Jan 30, 2016 9:30 pm

Earlier today I had come up with an idea that could help solve this problem of CP abuse. I attempted to give it to Arei but was told that my ideas are fuckery before I could explain it, so I will give it here (no hard feelings Arei).

My idea is to make it so when two customs that had been CP'd are void, a third custom cannot be CP'd. This custom can still be put on the normal poll however, so it is not like a chance of a custom being ran when two others have been CP'd are non existant, it just has to win the RP poll. I believe that this will solve the problem of too many customs being CP'd and being received negatively while still allowing many customs to be run in Amphy, because there would still be a ratio of at least 2 customs for every normal RP, which in my humble opinion, is a good custom to normal RP ratio.

Thank you to all of the staff for reading this and have a nice day

BattleDomeGuy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by myeaah on Sat Jan 30, 2016 10:01 pm

Never in my entire god damn life have I seen something so beautifully well-written and true. This issue needs to be addressed so badly, I thought nobody would be brave enough to address it. Kutos to you, I'll support you however I can.
myeaah

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cruella on Sat Jan 30, 2016 10:07 pm

As an avid custom host, I understand the point of this issue. I have spent over two weeks in added up time hosting(Which makes me question my life) and have made over 40 customs... But not everyone has this level of over enthusiastic(borderline obsessive) feelings towards customs. Some people just make customs to give it a go, and arent too serious about it, but wont get voted for because it either doesn't get the chance, or people refuse to vote for it and give it a go. Hence cp.

I dont believe the issue is that much based on the  the rule, I think the issue is with the people in amphy. I mean this in the nicest way possible, but amphy has become ridiculously toxic, and the level of rudeness and arrogance is disgusting. People are now cping out spite, and will cp just to make sure someone they dont like doesnt get a chance to host their custom. I dont cp because I usually can win a poll, but the chance for winning a poll is getting more rare by the day because amphy has descended into a cp spam. I dont think we need to focus on the rule itself, but rather manage the people who are cping. Because cping twice in a row, waiting for one of your customs to no longer be void because you endpolled the next rp, and then cping again is crazy.

I dont believe BDG's suggestion is even close to a reasonable fix, and I think it is unfair to other hosts. Limiting the amount of cps is also somewhat unfair. So I get on late after what, a couple of people cp, I wont get the chance to because they decided to take the spot for themself? And then I have to wait for the next rp, and deal with the fact that more people might spam cp? The issue doesnt really seem to be improving.

I dont know the solution to this issue, but I think you need to start with the people, not the rule.
Cruella
Driver
Driver

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cryptik on Sat Jan 30, 2016 11:28 pm

Despite being known as someone who constantly bashes on customs, I myself actually am fine with customs. No matter how many customs run in a row, I'm completely willing to participate as long as they follow the guidelines I believe in. If I open a document and notice how it's simply black and white, with no formatting and all bold, I'll be disappointed immediately, and it will discourage me to not participate. Not to mention, the RPs with documents that look that way tend to be slacking, because of the fact that the host does not supply the RPers with detail, description, or an intriguing and interactive storyline.

Now, I know what you're thinking: "You're an elitist!" If being someone that wants meaningful customs that bring out my emotions and interest into my actual roleplaying means being an elitist, then I want to be an elitist. In fact, I've not only gotten hate from other RPers for this, but also from staff as well. I bet there's few standing on my side of the argument, but this post gave me a good opportunity to explain it.

Anyways, what I'm trying to say here is that staff needs to restrict customs a bit more. There are customs that run that immediately end at 30 minutes because of an endpoll. If staff can simply open the custom docs, look through them, and decline, we won't have this problem.
Cryptik

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Yurri's ♥ on Sun Jan 31, 2016 2:13 am

I think that "customs" need a limited amount of CP. Like, 3-5 CPs for that custom and if that run out it will just be a choice on the normal poll.
Yurri's ♥

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by BattleDomeGuy on Sun Jan 31, 2016 2:20 am

How would staff know that number of CP's? Would they just have to write it down somewhere? I like the idea a lot, it just doesn't seem like something the staff would do because of all the work that would go into making sure its not abused. (im not calling the staff lazy im just saiyan)

BattleDomeGuy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Allyson(Ninetales) on Sun Jan 31, 2016 5:24 am

I don't know if I'm in position to speak, why? Well I don't always go to Amphy. I'm just there staring as the chat flows, or at someplace else.
No offense but I fear the people there. Ever since the first bashing I received after that one custom I CP'd once, it takes me a lot of courage to go there and speak, it takes me a lot of time to check the room and honestly I even time when I should go there and interact, meaning I check the userlist if the people who always reside in amphy that I'm scared of aren't there.

Now for my part, I don't think it's the CP that's a problem. It's in the people.
If your starting to hate because another person CP'd another custom for the third or fourth time, then don't participate. Remember that it's also your freedom of choice if you should RP or if you shouldn't. We have 3 Roleplaying Rooms, you can go to the other two if you can't stand it or you can actually deal with your real life problems. Now if a person hosts a custom a thousand times through CP, you can always tell them kindly that they're kinda abusing the system and not tell them that they are a piece of shit and that they should just rot already or something offensive like that. If they actually answer in a way that they don't care and it's their right to host their custom through CP, that's the part where you can PM our staff members about it.

Also for the staff part, let's admit our staff isn't by far the most perfect group of people in the world. They're busy, they have lives, they have other responsibilities and of course they always don't the the greatest internet to go look at a custom and check if it's actually okay. As I said, it's your freedom of choice if you want to join. If the custom is actually SUPER awful then no one would join right? And if no one joins, it actually ends. Though it may be sad for the host's part, you can always give the poor guy helpful criticism and maybe even help them with the doc if they actually had a good idea. 

For the solution? You don't need to change anything about the system or add a new rule. It's the change in the people that's needed, not the change of the system.
Allyson(Ninetales)
Voice
Voice

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hydre(Hydreigon) on Sun Jan 31, 2016 7:08 am

Allyson(Ninetales) wrote:I don't know if I'm in position to speak, why? Well I don't always go to Amphy. I'm just there staring as the chat flows, or at someplace else.
No offense but I fear the people there. Ever since the first bashing I received after that one custom I CP'd once, it takes me a lot of courage to go there and speak, it takes me a lot of time to check the room and honestly I even time when I should go there and interact, meaning I check the userlist if the people who always reside in amphy that I'm scared of aren't there.

Now for my part, I don't think it's the CP that's a problem. It's in the people.
If your starting to hate because another person CP'd another custom for the third or fourth time, then don't participate. Remember that it's also your freedom of choice if you should RP or if you shouldn't. We have 3 Roleplaying Rooms, you can go to the other two if you can't stand it or you can actually deal with your real life problems. Now if a person hosts a custom a thousand times through CP, you can always tell them kindly that they're kinda abusing the system and not tell them that they are a piece of shit and that they should just rot already or something offensive like that. If they actually answer in a way that they don't care and it's their right to host their custom through CP, that's the part where you can PM our staff members about it.

Also for the staff part, let's admit our staff isn't by far the most perfect group of people in the world. They're busy, they have lives, they have other responsibilities and of course they always don't the the greatest internet to go look at a custom and check if it's actually okay. As I said, it's your freedom of choice if you want to join. If the custom is actually SUPER awful then no one would join right? And if no one joins, it actually ends. Though it may be sad for the host's part, you can always give the poor guy helpful criticism and maybe even help them with the doc if they actually had a good idea. 

For the solution? You don't need to change anything about the system or add a new rule. It's the change in the people that's needed, not the change of the system.

I must disagree.

Definitely. I didn't RP in amphy for some time, actually, but I'll talk having this main hypothesis : There is no limit to the CP chain as of now, and basically, you can have an unending cycle of customs, following one another even if one actually fails. The change in the people IS needed, don't get me wrong, but there's a limit to what one can accept being asked to do. There is a change needed in the system, and I can make a suggestion about this : Have a FIRST poll in amphy with 'regular RP' vs 'Custom RP' once 2 customs or 2 regular RPs are in the same void, this way to ensure that the room isn't flooded with only-customs or only-kingdom-and-filler. Another way would be to force having a regular after 2 customs/the other way around.

Having something forced onto people is never a solution, you'll say, but guess what? CP is forcing something onto people. And I know, with experience, that the case of 'nobody joins a custom' solves nothing, since there are 30 mins wasted in timer and waiting for nonexistant setup to be done, or people will join and poof endpoll at 20.

Just so you know, this is but an opinion with propositions. I second Silver on the fact that the system needs to be changed, but a LOT of experimentations will have to be done to ensure the 'new' system, if there is one, will work properly. You don't change the way a room works in a few hours.

Edit :

BattleDomeGuy wrote:How would staff know that number of CP's? Would they just have to write it down somewhere? I like the idea a lot, it just doesn't seem like something the staff would do because of all the work that would go into making sure its not abused. (im not calling the staff lazy im just saiyan)

This is prevented by my proposition.

Last edited by Hydre(Hydreigon) on Sun Jan 31, 2016 7:09 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Edited by adding a quote)

sig links:

Hydre(Hydreigon)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Enchidio on Sun Jan 31, 2016 2:21 pm

Alright, I strongly support.
Believe me, I like CP. And without it, some RPs would never be able to run. However, there have been several RPs that are so successful they have beaten the most popular RPs (Kingdom and DnD and other shit) and still CPed.
The mods can do whatever, but here's just my opinion.

"Uncle Grandpa is my favorite anime"
"Why the fuck is this show on Adult Swim im switching to Nick Jr."
I can make your legend doc look as amazing as Julius Cole Roblox Hater's rapping
Friend request me or I kill your house
Im an OFFICIAL CHRISTIAN DRIVER
I can sprite whatever you want as long as you don't fuck up with details
I play offline Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 and im prolly better at it than you im a saiyan
I maine water in cq
I have a deviantart
I try not 2 shitpost
Roleplaying room driver
U can call me Enchi Enchidio or whatever just dont call me Raelcontor kthxbye
Enchidio

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cryptik on Sun Jan 31, 2016 7:11 pm

I honestly feel that the people are not the problem. I guess I'm one of those 'people' that might be to blame due to my tendency to insult customs, but it's not only me. There are occasions where hardly anybody joins a custom, even through only few people actually call out the custom. I believe a series of CPs don't work because of the environment that Amphy has, and not the people. This may only be me, but I feel Amphy is more acts as more of an escape from the large crowds and quick chat of Main. It's not that those in Amphy want CPs (well not most), but because they want a quieter or smaller environment.

So, yes, I do agree with Silver.
Cryptik

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Articuno on Mon Feb 01, 2016 12:57 am

Having (mostly) fully read all the posts in this thread, I will tell you that the issue is being addressed now and we (the ROs) will be working on a solution. I've already proposed something that will prevent the most "popular" customs from being CPed repeatedly. We will hopefully have something organized in a few weeks. 

Please keep in mind that yes, our staff isn't perfect and that we have many things to work on as well. In any case, I also agree that the CP system has been abused and we WILL fix it. Thank you for making a post about it and bringing it to our attention.

Room Owner

Crascking the ban whip
Stop stalking.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cruella on Mon Feb 01, 2016 5:14 pm

Not entirely sure if this is the best idea, and feel free to shoot me down straight away, but after hearing peoples thoughts, I think this idea could work. Keyword: could.

Putting some form of bot void system in place with cp, which can hold a certain amount of names, and those people can only cp again once their name gets out of the section.
I would suggest maybe three or four void spaces, to prevent the spamming.

Or once again, having a void system for cp, but it only clears out/resets every 24 hours or a specific time. Tbh I am completely incapable at any bot related things, so I dont know how difficult these things would be for lux and if he would have time.

Additionally, maybe when you do the .cp (name) command, it could instantly put you on either one of the proposed lists?

Anyway just an idea. Feel free to agree or tell me that it is very flawed. Also if it would actually work(like bot wise).
Cruella
Driver
Driver

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Allyson(Ninetales) on Tue Feb 02, 2016 11:11 am

Cruella wrote:Not entirely sure if this is the best idea, and feel free to shoot me down straight away, but after hearing peoples thoughts, I think this idea could work. Keyword: could.

Putting some form of bot void system in place with cp, which can hold a certain amount of names, and those people can only cp again once their name gets out of the section.
I would suggest maybe three or four void spaces, to prevent the spamming.

Or once again, having a void system for cp, but it only clears out/resets every 24 hours or a specific time. Tbh I am completely incapable at any bot related things, so I dont know how difficult these things would be for lux and if he would have time.

Additionally, maybe when you do the .cp (name) command, it could instantly put you on either one of the proposed lists?

Anyway just an idea. Feel free to agree or tell me that it is very flawed. Also if it would actually work(like bot wise).
Are you suggesting that the bot should list the people who use .cp? I really like your idea of having .cp where you must provide a name and a doc and the bot will automatically set it. That would be good, but it doesnt solve the part of having customs that aren't structured good/kingdom-like variants.
Allyson(Ninetales)
Voice
Voice

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next