Amphy's Custom Priority

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Amphy's Custom Priority

Post by Articuno on Fri Feb 05, 2016 12:23 am

Amphy's current custom priority system has been changed. These new rules will take effect on Monday, February 8th. 

• A certain custom can only be CPed once per day, no matter who is CPing it. 
  • A certain person can only CP five times per week. After that, all customs must be put onto a poll.
  • Any custom may be put onto a poll at any time (unless it's void). 
  • A person may not CP another one of their customs right after one of their own.
  • If a poll has already been created and voted upon, CP cannot be claimed.

Note that staff DOES have a way to keep track of which customs have been CPed and who has done it. Trying to trick us will lead to a ban if done repeatedly. If you wish to know how many times you have CPed in a week, please ask a staff member. There is no problem with asking.

To clarify a bit more, let's pretend I have a custom called "Custom X" and another called "Custom Y". Custom X can be hosted by either me or Rico. I attempt to CP it on Monday, and later that day Rico tries to CP it as well. Rico will be denied and told that custom may only be put on a poll. On Tuesday, he CPs it and is able to host it. I later put Custom Y onto a poll and it wins.

At this point the count is as follows:

Custom X: 1/Monday 1/Tuesday 0/Wednesday 0/Thursday 0/Friday
Custom Y: 0/Monday 0/Tuesday 0/Wednesday 0/ Thursday 0/Friday
Arti: 1/5 times per week
Rico: 1/5 times per week

The counts only tally if a custom has been CPed. Putting it on a poll and winning does not count towards your CP count.

On Wednesday, I CP Custom Y. Later, Rico CPs Custom X with me as co-host. Counts:

Custom X: 1/Monday 1/Tuesday 1/Wednesday 0/Thursday 0/Friday
Custom Y: 0/Monday 0/Tuesday 1/Wednesday 0/ Thursday 0/Friday
Arti: 2/5 times per week
Rico: 2/5 times per week

Note that even if you do not CP your custom on that day, you cannot run it more than once a day. Additionally, co-hosting a CPed custom does not count towards your CP count either.

I realize that this system may take some time to get used to. In the long run, however, we hope that this system will allow more users to have a chance to put forth their customs while making it fair to those who have more than a few. If anyone has feedback, feel free to message any staff member. Questions can be PMed to me on PS or on these forums.

Last edited by Articuno on Wed Mar 02, 2016 10:33 pm; edited 1 time in total

Room Owner

Crascking the ban whip
Stop stalking.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Amphy's Custom Priority

Post by Enchidio on Fri Feb 05, 2016 1:55 pm

arti this is the worst thing since enchidio joining the room
In all seriousness, though, this system is really, really good. I want this to work out. It seems complicated, sure, but we get it, and then you won't see the same custom 24/7/365.
Enchidio

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Divine Aerial-Noivern on Sat Feb 06, 2016 7:46 am

It's like the Room Owners actually listened to what I was saying.

This system was well needed, and I think it will help Amphy's salt issues a lot.

_b
Divine Aerial-Noivern

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Amphy's Custom Priority + An Opinion by Emri-Butt

Post by Emri-Chan on Mon Feb 08, 2016 4:10 pm

I know that AmphyRP was made for customs and such, but I feel like those customs get ended because people want to stick to mainstream RP's like DnD, Kingdom, Trainer, etc. I feel like maybe once every day randomly after an RP ends, there is a free poll for any and all CP's so they get a chance of hosting, and they get maybe a 45 minute grace period of no (end)polls, just to avoid some salt an give customs a chance.

[THIS IS JUST MY OPINION. PLEASE DON'T SMITE ME]

-Emri

Last edited by Emri-Chan on Mon Feb 08, 2016 4:11 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Typos + clarification)
Emri-Chan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychoreality on Tue Feb 09, 2016 7:41 pm

Emri-Chan wrote:I know that AmphyRP was made for customs and such, but I feel like those customs get ended because people want to stick to mainstream RP's like DnD, Kingdom, Trainer, etc. I feel like maybe once every day randomly after an RP ends, there is a free poll for any and all CP's so they get a chance of hosting, and they get maybe a 45 minute grace period of no (end)polls, just to avoid some salt an give customs a chance.

[THIS IS JUST MY OPINION. PLEASE DON'T SMITE ME]

-Emri

I know this is just an opinion, and it's a good one. I have but one issue. Customs in AmphyRP already have the CP system to get themselves out there. When people abuse the CP system/make an unenjoyable custom, it should not be put on a higher pedestal with more time between endpolls. It's as if I were to say "Survival RPs need more of a chance to get going, we should extend the space between endpolls." Putting custom roleplays above official ones is something already done in Amphy to a sane extent, putting in this would definitely cause more arguments, which is what the new CP rules are trying to stop.
Psychoreality
Driver
Driver

View user profile http://psychoreality19.wix.com/popranter

Back to top Go down

Post by Cruella on Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:16 am

Psychoreality wrote:

I know this is just an opinion, and it's a good one. I have but one issue. Customs in AmphyRP already have the CP system to get themselves out there. When people abuse the CP system/make an unenjoyable custom, it should not be put on a higher pedestal with more time between endpolls. It's as if I were to say "Survival RPs need more of a chance to get going, we should extend the space between endpolls." Putting custom roleplays above official ones is something already done in Amphy to a sane extent, putting in this would definitely cause more arguments, which is what the new CP rules are trying to stop.

Agree with this 100%
Cruella
Driver
Driver

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Candiies on Sat Feb 13, 2016 4:32 pm

I noticed that there's also controversy over counter-CPs that lead to CP polls, and I was present when Arti said that rather than having a CP poll, it's just first come first serve, however it didn't come to my mind to take a screenshot should a CP poll occur. Could one of the staff here/Arti confirm?
Candiies

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top