[Conquest RMT] Training the Spiritual and Physical Body(Fighting Warlord Team)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

[Conquest RMT] Training the Spiritual and Physical Body(Fighting Warlord Team)

Post by Allyson(Ninetales) on Fri Feb 05, 2016 8:51 am

In my opinion Fighting is one of the most hardest types to use because it's very very limited and at the same time has many common weaknesses. I'd like to hear ways to actually improve this team, because I myself am in doubt this is a very good team.

Lucario @ Lucarionite  
Ability: Justified  
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe  
Jolly Nature  
- Bullet Punch  
- Swords Dance  
- High Jump Kick/Close Combat  
- Extreme Speed  
The Ultimate Powerhouse of the team, it's very foundation, mega lucario! This set is very very generic that I shouldn't need to explain but, but alas it is actually needed. I'd run Mega Lucario probably when all the cripplers are down, because I want to take care of my lucario and apparently /ds fighting type, heal bell = none. The weirdest thing you could possibly see there is High Jump Kick, well I just like it so much though it's super taxing when it misses. Anyways, HJK is actually a good move to break through most walls even without a 2x Atk boost from Swords Dance, it's difference from Close Combat is that High Jump Kick has more power(+10) but less accuracy(-10), so it's basically up to you on what you actually want to use.

Hitmontop @ Leftovers  
Ability: Intimidate  
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD  
Careful Nature  
- Rapid Spin  
- Sucker Punch/Fake Out  
- Close Combat  
- Toxic  
The Dark Horse of the team I would say, Hitmontop became a good pick of mine because of it's intimidate+it's ability to rapid spin off hazards which can probably threaten the team. Hitmontop is like the only thing here in this that can tank a few hits due to it's EV investment. I kinda like Toxic to wear down some stallers or stuff, while Close Combat can be used for killing non tanks but can't kill hitmontop. You can actually choose between Sucker Punch and Fake Out depending on your reference, Sucker Punch can be used to prio kill some mons with more power while Fake Out can do the same and can also break sashes or multiscales but with less power.

Breloom @ Focus Sash  
Ability: Technician  
Jolly Nature  
- Bullet Seed  
- Spore  
- Swords Dance/Rock Tomb  
- Mach Punch  
Your generic mon, this set is just the most effective thing able to work on breloom. He acts as a secondary power house being able to sweep many mons if able to set up. I recommend Swords Dance because it's perfect with Spore, but Rock Tomb finds itself a slot as an or option because it serves as a very good coverage move and being able to be boosted with technician.

Poliwrath @ Assault Vest/Leftovers/Life Orb
Ability: Water Absorb  
EVs: 96 HP / 252 SpA / 160 Spe  
Modest Nature  
- Hydro Pump/Scald
- Focus Blast  
- Ice Beam  
- Vacuum Wave/Icy Wind  
I don't know what to say, lets just skip this guy. Nah jk. Anyways Poliwrath is just an odd ball here, he serves as a special attacker because I need one and because he has good special attacks though naturally his attack is higher than his special attack. He wears an assault vest because I think it fits him better/ it's the only thing good for him. You may choose between Vacuum Wave or Icy Wind because both are very helpful for you, Vacuum Wave is a good prio move recommended when you use LO Poliwrath, meanwhile Icy Wind can wear the opponent's speed so that my other mons can outspeed them or force the opponent to swtich out. Also didn't you her? This guy has Water Absorb, yey (i think).

Gallade @ Choice Scarf  
Jolly Nature  
- Close Combat  
- Psycho Cut  
- Destiny Bond/Ice Punch/Fire Punch  
- Knock Off  
Well, I dont know what came into my head when I did this. Scarf Gallade is something I always thought, having a lot of attack I just think Gallade needs more speed, therefore I made him wear a Scarf. This moveset is very generic, you may choose between Ice Punch, Fire Punch (coverage moves) or Destiny Bond which can surprise the opponent as you use your Scarf Gallade(+1 surprise) and having a Destiny Bond(+1 surprise again).

Infernape @ Focus Sash  
Ability: Iron Fist  
Jolly Nature  
- Mach Punch  
- Flare Blitz  
- Stealth Rock  
- Will-O-Wisp  
Ah yes Infernape, the only thing that can set up rocks for fighting types. Well Infernape is one of those mons that need to be present in Fighting Type teams. Mach Punch and Flare Blitz, very weird indeed I just chose Mach Punch for Prio+Iron Fist boost and Flare Blitz as the main coverage. The other weird thing in infernape's moveset is will-o-wisp. It can be used to cripple down fast sweepers that rely on their sheer force(not the ability), like Kyurem-Black, Scarfmence and their other kinds. Since infernape has sash, he can actually take a hit from those mons and shut them down with WoW and if he survives another hit because they're burned, he then can set up rocks, fun right?

Anyways I'll take all your suggestions into meaning, for I myself want to enrich this team and train their Spiritual and Physical Body.
Allyson(Ninetales)
Voice
Voice

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [Conquest RMT] Training the Spiritual and Physical Body(Fighting Warlord Team)

Post by Fraction on Fri Feb 05, 2016 9:46 am

There is a bunch of things wrong with this. Lemme start from the beginning. 
Okay then; 
Allyson(Ninetales) wrote:Lucario @ Lucarionite 
Jolly Nature 
- Bullet Punch 
- Swords Dance 
- Extreme Speed 
Okay, first; you don't need two priority moves on Lucario-Mega. I'd suggest you go for Extreme Speed. Bullet Punch has STAB, but since you run SD, it shouldn't matter much. Run mixed attacker, aka Flash Cannon > Bullet Punch.

It should look like this now; 
Lucario @ Lucarionite  
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe  
Hasty Nature  
- Swords Dance  
- Close Combat  / High Jump Kick
- Flash Cannon  
- Extreme Speed
You can switch SpA and Attack EVs if you wish.

Moving on; 
Hitmontop @ Leftovers 
Careful Nature 
- Rapid Spin 
- Sucker Punch/Fake Out 
- Close Combat 
- Toxic 
Hitmontop is a horrible choice on a Fighting team, since you can have so much better stuff on it. Fighting doesn't take much damage from Stealth Rocks, which are the most common hazards. You can run anything on this slot, but I'm suggesting this; 

Conkeldurr @ Assault Vest  
Ability: Guts  
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD  
Adamant Nature  
- Drain Punch  
- Mach Punch  
- Knock Off  
- Earthquake
Conkeldurr is a perfect switchin to special moves, as well as stray Will-o-Wisps or Toxic's. It also has all the necessary bulk you need in place of Hitmontop. Drain Punch for Fighting STAB + recovery, Mach Punch as priority, Knock Off for utility and Earthquake because it kills. You could run Ice Punch or Poison Jab on Conkeldurr, but you already have an Ice Punch and a Gunk Shot user on your team (if you consider my suggestions below).
Or, since Sableye / Sableye-Mega is going to be annoying, Banded Guts Heracross is an option. It legit kills that wally meme. But on the downside, the speed tier it has isn't great. 
The set; 

Heracross @ Choice Band  
Jolly Nature  
- Megahorn  
- Stone Edge  
- Earthquake  
- Knock Off
Megahorn for Bug STAB, Stone Edge for coverage against Flying types. Earthquake because it kills stuff, and Knock Off for utility. 
You must be wondering, 'I have two sashes!! They would be useless if the opponent set up rocks!! LB, y?!' Lemme explain.

Infernape @ Focus Sash 
Jolly Nature 
- Mach Punch 
- Flare Blitz 
- Stealth Rock 
- Will-O-Wisp 
And
Breloom @ Focus Sash 
Jolly Nature 
- Bullet Seed 
- Spore 
- Swords Dance/Rock Tomb 
- Mach Punch 

You don't need two sashes, and two potential leads. I suggest running LO on either one of them. If you're going for LO Breloom, the set is fine as it is. 
If you're going for LO Infernape, the set should look something like this;
Infernape @ Life Orb  
Ability: Blaze  
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe  
Hasty Nature  
- Stealth Rock  
- Fire Blast  
- Close Combat  
- Grass Knot

Iron Fist on Infernape is a no-no, Blaze is worlds better, whether if you're running Sash or not. Mixed Infernape is a legitimate good set, since it hits pokemon like Ferrothorn hard. If you'd go for Flare Blitz, the recoil would be too much for it to handle. Aka, you'd have tough time even when you're matched up with defensive teams you have advantage over, like Lux's Steel (you can have a field day with Lux's team when you have this godset :^]). Grass Knot is there to damage water types, especially Water/Ground types.
If you're running Sash, the set should be the same, except that you could run Taunt > Endeavor > Grass Knot. It's an extremely underrated set. 

Moving on once more; 
Modest Nature 
- Hydro Pump/Scald 
- Focus Blast 
- Ice Beam 
- Vacuum Wave/Icy Wind 
Poliwrath seems nice at first, but then you notice that your whole team struggles against Azumarill. But, an affordable option you could run is Toxicroak. It has Dry Skin, so it can soak up Scalds for days, and also Aqua Jets from Azumarill. Even if your opponent runs max speed (Jolly) Azu, Toxicroak still outspeeds.
The set is; 

Toxicroak @ Life Orb  / Leftovers
Ability: Dry Skin  
Jolly Nature  
- Swords Dance  
- Drain Punch  
- Gunk Shot  
- Sucker Punch

Swords Dance is for easy set ups on most Water types, Drain Punch for Fighting STAB and recovery. Gunk Shot murders those Fairies. Since most Fairies are at a mediocre speed tier, it should be pretty easy to weaken most of a Fairy team with this and/or clean it in later game. Sucker Punch is for Psychic types. Though it doesn't do much, it's an honest to goodness choice for the last slot. Also provides priority. That is, if you can predict your opponent is going for an attacking move. 

Moving on, movin' on~; 
Gallade @ Choice Scarf 
Jolly Nature 
- Close Combat 
- Psycho Cut 
- Knock Off 
I'm guessing you wanted Psychic neutrality and went for Gallade. But regular Gallade isn't good. I'd suggest Scarf Medicham > Scarf Gallade. Since Gallade requires set up, while Medicham can blow holes through teams with Pure Power. I've seen it being used, and it's a nightmare.
The set is; 
Medicham @ Choice Scarf  
Ability: Pure Power  
Jolly Nature  
- High Jump Kick  
- Zen Headbutt  
- Ice Punch  
- Poison Jab / Bullet Punch

Since it's Scarf, there is no way you'd run Fake Out on it. High Jump Kick for Fighting STAB. Zen Headbutt for Psychic STAB. Ice Punch for hitting Flying and Ground types. Poison Jab for obligatory Fairy murdering. Bullet Punch is a risky option, if you're running it, be sure to only lock into it when you're certain that priority BPunch cleans the rest of your opponent's team. 

So, yeah, done. 

TL, DR;:

Mixed Lucario-Mega > Physical Lucario-Mega
Conkeldurr = Heracross > Hitmontop
Sash either Breloom or Infernape
Toxicroak > Poliwrath
Medicham > Gallade

That's all, I think.
What your team should look like now:
Lucario @ Lucarionite  
Hasty Nature  
- Swords Dance  
- Close Combat  
- Flash Cannon  
- Extreme Speed  

Toxicroak @ Life Orb  
Jolly Nature  
- Swords Dance  
- Drain Punch  
- Gunk Shot  
- Sucker Punch  

Medicham @ Choice Scarf  
Jolly Nature  
- High Jump Kick  
- Zen Headbutt  
- Ice Punch  
- Poison Jab  

On the two other slots, you decide whether you want to run Sash Breloom with LO Infernape, or LO Breloom with Sash Infernape. In the last slot, see my Conkeldurr set, or Banded Heracross set. 

There we go, the check on your team as you asked me. :> Have funsies!! Be sure to post some replays with that team!!

Last edited by Fraction on Sun Feb 14, 2016 7:15 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : forgot something)
Fraction
Voice
Voice

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [Conquest RMT] Training the Spiritual and Physical Body(Fighting Warlord Team)

Post by Allyson(Ninetales) on Fri Feb 05, 2016 8:26 pm

Fraction wrote:There is a bunch of things wrong with this. Lemme start from the beginning. 
Okay then; 
Allyson(Ninetales) wrote:Lucario @ Lucarionite 
Jolly Nature 
- Bullet Punch 
- Swords Dance 
- Extreme Speed 
Okay, first; you don't need two priority moves on Lucario-Mega. I'd suggest you go for Extreme Speed. Bullet Punch has STAB, but since you run SD, it should matter much. Run mixed attacker, aka Flash Cannon > Bullet Punch.

It should look like this now; 
Lucario @ Lucarionite  
Hasty Nature  
- Swords Dance  
- Close Combat  / High Jump Kick
- Flash Cannon  
- Extreme Speed
You can switch SpA and Attack EVs if you wish.

Moving on; 
Hitmontop @ Leftovers 
Careful Nature 
- Rapid Spin 
- Sucker Punch/Fake Out 
- Close Combat 
- Toxic 
Hitmontop is a horrible choice on a Fighting team, since you can have so much better stuff on it. Fighting doesn't take much damage from Stealth Rocks, which are the most common hazards. You can run anything on this slot, but I'm suggesting this; 

Conkeldurr @ Assault Vest  
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD  
Adamant Nature  
- Drain Punch  
- Mach Punch  
- Knock Off  
- Earthquake
Conkeldurr is a perfect switchin to special moves, as well as stray Will-o-Wisps or Toxic's. It also has all the necessary bulk you need in place of Hitmontop. Drain Punch for Fighting STAB + recovery, Mach Punch as priority, Knock Off for utility and Earthquake because it kills. You could run Ice Punch or Poison Jab on Conkeldurr, but you already have an Ice Punch and a Gunk Shot user on your team (if you consider my suggestions below).
Or, since Sableye / Sableye-Mega is going to be annoying, Banded Guts Heracross is an option. It legit kills that wally meme. But on the downside, the speed tier it has isn't great. 
The set; 

Heracross @ Choice Band  
Jolly Nature  
- Megahorn  
- Stone Edge  
- Earthquake  
- Knock Off
Megahorn for Bug STAB, Stone Edge for coverage against Flying types. Earthquake because it kills stuff, and Knock Off for utility. 
You must be wondering, 'I have two sashes!! They would be useless if the opponent set up rocks!! LB, y?!' Lemme explain.

Infernape @ Focus Sash 
Jolly Nature 
- Mach Punch 
- Flare Blitz 
- Stealth Rock 
- Will-O-Wisp 
And
Breloom @ Focus Sash 
Jolly Nature 
- Bullet Seed 
- Spore 
- Swords Dance/Rock Tomb 
- Mach Punch 

You don't need two sashes, and two potential leads. I suggest running LO on either one of them. If you're going for LO Breloom, the set is fine as it is. 
If you're going for LO Infernape, the set should look something like this;
Infernape @ Life Orb  
Ability: Blaze  
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe  
Hasty Nature  
- Stealth Rock  
- Fire Blast  
- Close Combat  
- Grass Knot

Iron Fist on Infernape is a no-no, Blaze is worlds better, whether if you're running Sash or not. Mixed Infernape is a legitimate good set, since it hits pokemon like Ferrothorn hard. If you'd go for Flare Blitz, the recoil would be too much for it to handle. Aka, you'd have tough time even when you're matched up with defensive teams you have advantage over, like Lux's Steel (you can have a field day with Lux's team when you have this godset :^]). Grass Knot is there to damage water types, especially Water/Ground types.
If you're running Sash, the set should be the same, except that you could run Taunt > Endeavor > Grass Knot. It's an extremely underrated set. 

Moving on once more; 
Modest Nature 
- Hydro Pump/Scald 
- Focus Blast 
- Ice Beam 
- Vacuum Wave/Icy Wind 
Poliwrath seems nice at first, but then you notice that your whole team struggles against Azumarill. But, an affordable option you could run is Toxicroak. It has Dry Skin, so it can soak up Scalds for days, and also Aqua Jets from Azumarill. Even if your opponent runs max speed (Jolly) Azu, Toxicroak still outspeeds.
The set is; 

Toxicroak @ Life Orb  / Leftovers
Jolly Nature  
- Swords Dance  
- Drain Punch  
- Gunk Shot  
- Sucker Punch

Swords Dance is for easy set ups on most Water types, Drain Punch for Fighting STAB and recovery. Gunk Shot murders those Fairies. Since most Fairies are at a mediocre speed tier, it should be pretty easy to weaken most of a Fairy team with this and/or clean it in later game. Sucker Punch is for Psychic types. Though it doesn't do much, it's an honest to goodness choice for the last slot. Also provides priority. That is, if you can predict your opponent is going for an attacking move. 

Moving on, movin' on~; 
Gallade @ Choice Scarf 
Jolly Nature 
- Close Combat 
- Psycho Cut 
- Knock Off 
I'm guessing you wanted Psychic neutrality and went for Gallade. But regular Gallade isn't good. I'd suggest Scarf Medicham > Scarf Gallade. Since Gallade requires set up, while Medicham can blow holes through teams with Pure Power. I've seen it being used, and it's a nightmare.
The set is; 
Medicham @ Choice Scarf  
Jolly Nature  
- High Jump Kick  
- Zen Headbutt  
- Ice Punch  
- Poison Jab / Bullet Punch

Since it's Scarf, there is no way you'd run Fake Out on it. High Jump Kick for Fighting STAB. Zen Headbutt for Psychic STAB. Ice Punch for hitting Flying and Ground types. Poison Jab for obligatory Fairy murdering. Bullet Punch is a risking option, if you're running it, be sure to only lock into it when you're certain that priority BPunch cleans the rest of your opponent's team. 

So, yeah, done. 

TL, DR;:

Mixed Lucario-Mega > Physical Lucario-Mega
Conkeldurr = Heracross > Hitmontop
Sash either Breloom or Infernape
Toxicroak > Poliwrath
Medicham > Gallade

That's all, I think.
What your team should look like now:
Lucario @ Lucarionite  
Hasty Nature  
- Swords Dance  
- Close Combat  
- Flash Cannon  
- Extreme Speed  

Toxicroak @ Life Orb  
Jolly Nature  
- Swords Dance  
- Drain Punch  
- Gunk Shot  
- Sucker Punch  

Medicham @ Choice Scarf  
Jolly Nature  
- High Jump Kick  
- Zen Headbutt  
- Ice Punch  
- Poison Jab  

On the two other slots, you decide whether you want to run Sash Breloom with LO Infernape, or LO Breloom with Sash Infernape. In the last slot, see my Conkeldurr set, or Banded Heracross set. 

There we go, the check on your team as you asked me. :> Have funsies!! Be sure to post some replays with that team!!
Oooh I see, that's nice of you to provide such suggestions. I'm no fan of conkeldurr because its too damn slow and it gets 2hko by togekiss with SpD investment, even with AV I just don't like Conkeldurr, I see it fail many times in my battles (both OU, Monotype and CQ)
Anyways my interests are piqued for that Scarf Medicham, The Banded Heracross sounds good too.
For the Breloom or Infernape, I'd rather put sash on Breloom because he'll need it so much and he's more vital to my team. (I used to run LO Breloom actually, but it just sucked so much :< so I'll put LO or Lefties on Infernape and keep my old moveset (ahaha) because I just gotta love WoW.
I see your point on Lucario, I think I'll give a try on that Flash Cannon since it might actually work.
For that Toxicroak, I'm just worried that I'll get walled with something with Uber Defense, which worries me a lot. But I guess it doesn't hurt to try right? I'll post some replays soon enough -w-
Allyson(Ninetales)
Voice
Voice

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Fraction on Sat Feb 06, 2016 7:43 am

I'm no fan of conkeldurr because its too damn slow and it gets 2hko by togekiss with SpD investment, even with AV I just don't like Conkeldurr, I see it fail many times in my battles (both OU, Monotype and CQ) 

Then heracross it is!!!

Lefties on Infernape and keep my old moveset (ahaha) because I just gotta love WoW.

I've got to be blunt here. Max Speed Status Infernape isn't a thing. Even if you do get max bulk, lefties and WoW on it, the defense will never be that great. But it's your choice, heheh.

For that Toxicroak, I'm just worried that I'll get walled with something with Uber Defense, which worries me a lot.

That's why we have Swords Dance!! But everything gets walled by something, so make sure you make plays to get around the walls!!
Fraction
Voice
Voice

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top