RMOC: Lux Gracetail

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: RMOC: Lux Gracetail

Post by Bluegirl687 on Sat Dec 06, 2014 3:46 am

Personality wise, considering that your character was based of the doctor, you should also try to get some of the newest doctor's personality traits (down to earth, VERY blunt) mixed in to your character, this would help make your character a little less perfect, allowing room for character development, while still being the doctor in the form of a Lucario wearing a long coat.
Bluegirl687

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by AxeBane on Sat Dec 06, 2014 4:00 am

Bluegirl687 wrote:Personality wise, considering that your character was based of the doctor, you should also try to get some of the newest doctor's personality traits (down to earth, VERY blunt) mixed in to your character, this would help make your character a little less perfect, allowing room for character development, while still being the doctor in the form of a Lucario wearing a long coat.

I disagree with this.

Don't use the Doctor as any kind of template for your character... It's limiting. Basing your character off of any fully-furnished character is a bad mistake... Sure, the new Doctor may be new, but you'll still be biased to follow his character progression, as his character base is generally designed around what he's eventually going to become, meaning that you'll always have the same eventual outcome. It's the ultimate spoiler.
AxeBane

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ZinogreVolt on Sat Dec 06, 2014 4:17 am

Well, firstly, give Lux a completely new and believable backstory, while also completely stripping away things like his Touhou abilities. If you feel it's completely necessary, retcon Lux and give him a clean slate, so while his backstory is cut, his personality should remain relatively the same.

At the time, Lux could easily and understandably be confused for a Mary Sue, because of his lack of real character flaws or real character development, y'see, having no flaws is a flaw in itself, and makes the never-changing character incredibly stale. Now I'm not saying change Lux completely throughout the story, but I'm just asking to slowly change him throughout the RPs, so he doesn't remain the same.

Lastly, don't try so hard to make Lux stand out amongst other Lucarios, sure, it's hard to have a character like that truly shine when they're hit by a blizzard of Special Snowflake characters, but in the end, it'll be completely worth it.
ZinogreVolt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluegirl687 on Sat Dec 06, 2014 5:02 am

I completely understand AxeBane, I'm just not good at voicing my thoughts. I think what I was trying to say was so have a doctor who-ish personality, but have more of a mixture along with some flavor to spice things up (seriously who wants a Sherlock Holmes with a different name?) But I'm not going to disagree that I was short-sighted when suggesting my previous idea.
Bluegirl687

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MoniStar on Sat Dec 06, 2014 5:04 am

I'd start by getting rid of all the Powers of Lux you barely ever/never use, What's the point in keeping a power, if one specific event needs to occur, that may never actually come.
Secondly, I'd give him some flaws, Not just ones like "He's too trusting", Actual, Problematic, Issues. He is afraid of/can't stand fire, has a hatred of ground types forests, has an overwhelming (And problematic) fondness for water, debilitating illness or something, that kinda thing. It's not as fun to RP with someone who simultaneously knows exactly how your feeling with your issues, yet is perfectly fine in every way on the subject.
Lastly, I'd make an effort to actually show him in pain or exhaustion, I remember you yelling at and getting VERY angry at a host in MM who said you died, rather then just letting you walk out of the RP unscathed (Not exactly fair you get special treatment eh?), saying stuff like "You've ruined my OC", and much along those lines.

Feel free to ignore/modify what I said, that is just what I do with all characters I make who seem very "Mary Sue" as it were.

MoniStar

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Galom on Sat Dec 06, 2014 2:12 pm

Yea, as fond as I am of Lux pretty much due to how I used to look up to his character, I'm not gonna sugar coat it, he's a blatant Gary Stu.

Room Owner
Room Owner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragonite99 on Sat Dec 06, 2014 10:16 pm

i like this OC: super detailed, everything abou tLux is described. It isn't a novel or book at the same time. very well done ^_^

10/10
Dragonite99

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum