Conquest for the sake of conquest.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Conquest for the sake of conquest.

Post by Cruella on Sun Feb 14, 2016 9:23 am

Okay. So let me just say ahead of this all.

1. I understand that people are allowed to conquest regardless.
2. I understand that not everything has to be plot based.
3. I understand that nothing will probably change on the issue.
4. I understand that conquest has come a long way over the past year or so in refining itself.

But... I am going to bring this up anyway. I understand we dont want to overcomplicate conquest. But really? That is my question. What kind of lord of a kingdom, would go around risking the lives of its inhabitants, just to get some fun out of attacking and trying to beat other kingdoms. There should be some level of motivation. Like seriously. Senseless slaughter just leaves spectators with the opinion that conquest is probably just all about attacking random people and trying to win. In some sense it might be. But there should be a motivation. A method to the madness. I was attacked yesterday in conquest three times by different warlords(Which I won all of, so no this is not just some "salt" attack as some might put it. Also I wont name names, because this isnt about shaming.) The first attack was because the lord just wanted to try and conquer me for no reason other than just taking my kingdom. Upon me getting the upper hand, he quitted mid battle. The next lord simply wanted to do a "yolo" fight because they were about to go to sleep. No other reason than because they wanted to head to bed, but wanted to wager their kingdom before they left. The final lord lied about their intentions of entering my kingdom, even going so far as to showing the thoughts of their oc, and how is was peace negotiations. As soon as they entered, they broke off all development their oc had done, went completely against character, and attacked me once more because they were "tired". Once again I started to beat them, and they simply stated that they were "tired lol."

So please. The point of this is. Dont just conquest for the sake of conquest. I am not trying to define the way you roleplay, but conquest shouldnt just be about trying to kill everyone with no plot related reason.

Anyway. Provide your thoughts below and whether or not you agree/disagree.
Cruella
Driver
Driver

View user profile

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Re: Conquest for the sake of conquest.

Post by Enchidio on Sun Feb 21, 2016 11:48 pm

honestly the motivations of my CQ OC are
"i need your fucking kingdoms as factories for my cities"
Enchidio

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dreaming Asriel on Mon Feb 22, 2016 2:59 am

My motivation to be a pacifist?

Because I can't be fucked to go kill others unless it's my allies and they been conquered.
Dreaming Asriel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top