My Challenge To You.

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Re: My Challenge To You.

Post by Skitty on Fri Feb 26, 2016 7:39 am

DarkClaw(weavile) wrote:To be fair Yujo,
Users feel intimidated by staff for a reason.
The amount of time I've seen power abuse/staff trashtalking regular users, is frankly insane. Although you do make a good point, and remember that we were all noobs at one point.

The amount of times I've seen you harass staff is also insane. Tell me, did you have "making the room a better place" in mind when you made multiple alts to impersonate and insult staff, and then come and try to troll Amphy to see if we were "doing our job"? The ideas on your list are really great, but it would be much more effective if you led by example. By not being a poor presence and by not accusing the staff of power abuse unless it's actually happening (which any RO would LOVE to receive screenshots of), you make it a lot easier for yourself.

_________________
flower
avatar
Skitty
Room Owner
Room Owner

Status :
Online
Offline

Posts : 132
Join date : 2014-08-27

View user profile http://psroleplaying.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: My Challenge To You.

Post by Dreaming Asriel on Fri Feb 26, 2016 11:34 am

Skitty wrote:
The amount of times I've seen you harass staff is also insane. Tell me, did you have "making the room a better place" in mind when you made multiple alts to impersonate and insult staff, and then come and try to troll Amphy to see if we were "doing our job"? The ideas on your list are really great, but it would be much more effective if you led by example. By not being a poor presence and by not accusing the staff of power abuse unless it's actually happening (which any RO would LOVE to receive screenshots of), you make it a lot easier for yourself.

Skits, uhh, I've actually got to agree with you on this. Unless screenshots are involved, staff abuse is not occurring. However...

I do know of someone else who thinks that there are some problems with the room. Myself.

But not in the was DarkClaw sees it.

I see issues with the quality of the room, the roleplays, the users, and even some of the documents used to host.

That's what I want to fix.

That's what I aim to fix.
avatar
Dreaming Asriel

Status :
Online
Offline

Posts : 789
Join date : 2015-01-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: My Challenge To You.

Post by Neith on Wed Mar 02, 2016 1:11 am

Imma make this simple:

If you feel like the staff arent helping. Either tell them to do something about it or take it on yourself to do something about it. Don't be scared about taking a punt on something. If you get punished for doing things that you feel are right. That's when questions need to be asked.

To staff, if you CBF'ed helping the regular users who need help, or the people who are trying to make the room a more positive place then you shouldn't be staff.

I know for a fact, I'm going to cop heat over this. But it needs to be said.
avatar
Neith

Status :
Online
Offline

Posts : 7
Join date : 2015-12-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: My Challenge To You.

Post by Marshall De Vos on Wed Mar 02, 2016 6:40 am

Neith wrote:Imma make this simple:

If you feel like the staff arent helping. Either tell them to do something about it or take it on yourself to do something about it. Don't be scared about taking a punt on something. If you get punished for doing things that you feel are right. That's when questions need to be asked.

To staff, if you CBF'ed helping the regular users who need help, or the people who are trying to make the room a more positive place then you shouldn't be staff.

I know for a fact, I'm going to cop heat over this. But it needs to be said.

Can I just sign this? It feels true enough for me.
avatar
Marshall De Vos
Voice
Voice

Status :
Online
Offline

Posts : 150
Join date : 2016-01-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: My Challenge To You.

Post by Hydre(Hydreigon) on Wed Mar 02, 2016 10:40 am

Ditto

_________________
Never give up. If you give up, you prove people you are weak. If you are weak, you can't protect the ones you love.

sig links:



avatar
Hydre(Hydreigon)

Status :
Online
Offline

Posts : 825
Join date : 2015-08-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: My Challenge To You.

Post by Yujo on Wed Mar 02, 2016 11:40 pm

Neith wrote:Imma make this simple:

If you feel like the staff arent helping. Either tell them to do something about it or take it on yourself to do something about it. Don't be scared about taking a punt on something. If you get punished for doing things that you feel are right. That's when questions need to be asked.

To staff, if you CBF'ed helping the regular users who need help, or the people who are trying to make the room a more positive place then you shouldn't be staff.

I know for a fact, I'm going to cop heat over this. But it needs to be said.

We would help regular users if they approached us first, which is what we're here for. We can't read people over the goddamn Internet and somehow detect when something's wrong to them; present us your problems, and we'll do what we can to help fix them.

It's a mutual effort. We can't read your minds.

_________________

gone.
avatar
Yujo
Moderator
Moderator

Status :
Online
Offline

Posts : 143
Join date : 2015-12-02

View user profile https://groovyyugi.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: My Challenge To You.

Post by Yujo on Wed Mar 02, 2016 11:42 pm

And might I add that things can't simply be fixed overnight. It takes time, and if you're impatient about it, maybe you should rethink your priorities and standards you have set up in the first place. The room is always changing little by little, and it's not like we can skewer and readjust it suddenly with every new suggestion and problem(s) we need to fix in mind all at the same time.

_________________

gone.
avatar
Yujo
Moderator
Moderator

Status :
Online
Offline

Posts : 143
Join date : 2015-12-02

View user profile https://groovyyugi.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: My Challenge To You.

Post by FluffyDeoxys on Thu Mar 03, 2016 12:11 am

I guess... That's true, and I respect such odds and such should be taken into consideration, and really, all effort of all users should work towards this, even if it is as simple as what DarkClaw mentioned-- like supporting someone who really needs a little guidance in their development towards the room.

People who ignore, spam greentext against or merely mock (this is an example, and no fingers are pointed at anyone, thank you) a "young" user has no right to do so, and therefore do not benefit such. And no, I'm NOT here to suck up to staff about this nagging argument people are beginning to see more frequently, but seriously, there's more to it than "oh staff are scary and rude and whatever."

Sometimes we are fearful of those with a symbol next to their name,  but we regulars can be no different in how we treat other users. Example being at a certain user (whom i shall not name) who provokes me and even spams me with aggravating things I explicitly state I want them to stop doing. They continue.

In reality, we all have a purpose and reason towards this struggling question of "how to be better for this community."

And I'm not (and I'd like to think everyone isn't) asking you have to be super-dooper nice to newcomers, or even experienced users, but try to make it easier for them? Even if it be a friendly word or two. Really, we all make a difference to this argument, and not just the auth are to blame.

To conclude my late hour "rant", I'm sure we all can become great people who recognise each other for their beneficial values that can make a change to this place and make it grow in a... More welcoming society.

(Feel free to bash me over with this "argument", but this is my complex, somewhat convoluted opinion. Have a wonderful day all!)
avatar
FluffyDeoxys

Status :
Online
Offline

Posts : 87
Join date : 2015-10-16

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: My Challenge To You.

Post by Cruella on Thu Mar 03, 2016 3:44 am

^ I do agree about some of the staff parts tbh. I also agree with this post. I tend to do most things mentioned in the first post, and I have a doc with several tips and links which I show to new roleplayers and help them out. But I still dont think I have the willpower to rp in a pokehigh. I am only mortal.
avatar
Cruella
Driver
Driver

Status :
Online
Offline

Posts : 330
Join date : 2015-09-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: My Challenge To You.

Post by PotatoBlaster on Thu Mar 03, 2016 4:25 am

Neith wrote:Imma make this simple:

If you feel like the staff arent helping. Either tell them to do something about it or take it on yourself to do something about it. Don't be scared about taking a punt on something. If you get punished for doing things that you feel are right. That's when questions need to be asked.

To staff, if you CBF'ed helping the regular users who need help, or the people who are trying to make the room a more positive place then you shouldn't be staff.

I know for a fact, I'm going to cop heat over this. But it needs to be said.

That's not quite how it works.

"or take it on yourself to do something about it. Don't be scared about taking a punt on something. If you get punished for doing things that you feel are right. That's when questions need to be asked."

There's a term for that; minimodding. If it's your opinion that it's necessary for you to do the staff's job when you shouldn't be doing it, then chances are, you're wrong. 'If you feel like the staff arent helping", then highlight us? PM us? Staff are usually active when on their main accounts. It's really not hard to type '/pm (insertname), (user) is (something)' and just wait for us to respond. 'If you get punished for doing things that you feel are right.' You shouldn't feel minimodding as 'right'. There are a lot more ways to handle the situations you seem to be implying than just flat-out minimodding.
avatar
PotatoBlaster
Moderator
Moderator

Status :
Online
Offline

Posts : 48
Join date : 2014-11-28

View user profile http://...

Back to top Go down

Re: My Challenge To You.

Post by Rico on Thu Mar 03, 2016 7:19 am

This topic was a nice idea to start with but has since devolved to "omg staff are so nasty why don't they do what they're supposed to?"


RP and indeed global staff as well are not getting paid to work on this. We don't ask them to do anything they feel uncomfortable with or to take on a workload larger than they are able to handle. We do have expectations of them, which they are meeting and, at times, exceeding. Staffing a room or a server can be best compared to an Iceberg... what's on the surface, what the regular users see is almost insignificant when you look at all the unseen things, all the work they put in behind the scenes.


Helping people out isn't something only Staff can do, it's something any user can do. This was what I thought the thread's purpose was to start with... there's so much you all can do that DOESN'T take a fancy symbol. We didn't give auth to people to encourage them to do right, but to reward them for it.

There is, however, a difference between helping and minimodding. Enforcing the rules or the quality of chat (OOC frequency and such) is the only thing we demand of our staff, as it's what only they can do.

If you have a problem with staff, there's a right way and a wrong way to handle that. The right way is to contact a room owner by PM (Forums or PS) with your problem clearly outlined and demonstrated with logs and/or screenshots. The wrong way is to passive aggressively talk about them behind their backs or publicly in the room. The only thing that will achieve is a polite request for you to leave the room.
avatar
Rico
Room Owner
Room Owner

Status :
Swinging the Ban Hammer
Keep Stalking.

Posts : 608
Join date : 2014-11-27

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: My Challenge To You.

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum