AN HO FIRE MEME FEST

View previous topic View next topic Go down

AN HO FIRE MEME FEST

Post by Nebulous on Mon Feb 15, 2016 7:30 pm

OK guys i made an HO fire team that i'm a bit unsure about, rate m8s, also this team was inspired by my league m8 Average Fella.

ALSO, DON'T NAG ME ABOUT ENTRY HAZARD REMOVAL!

CIA INVENTED CRACK (Rotom-Heat) @ Choice Scarf  
Ability: Levitate  
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe  
Timid Nature  
- Volt Switch  
- Thunderbolt  
- Overheat  
- Hidden Power [Ice]  

This is a volt-turn machine. It helps in the Bug matchup by barely outspeeding Heracross and helps in the Flying and the Dragon matchup with being able to HP Ice and can take out garchomp if need be. It also puts people in for a surprise when I have two scarves, and now means nothing because I revealed the team.

FUCK BILL CLINTON (Reshiram) @ Choice Specs  
Ability: Turboblaze  
Timid Nature  
- Draco Meteor  
- Blue Flare  
- Solar Beam  
- Focus Blast

This is the special wallbreaker, Blue flare in the sun will absolutely murder those who aren't outright resistant to it. It can help for the dragon matchup by nuking everything with Draco Meteor, and helps in the rock and water matchup by spamming Focus Blast and solar beam, respectively.

awful neighbor (Ninetales) @ Heat Rock
Ability: Drought
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Solar Beam
- Nasty Plot
- Hidden Power [Ice]

This is the star of the show, the S rank, the sun-provider, my team relies on this to keep sun on the battlefield, which means i'll be able to spam fire STAB attacks, I have changed the set from a bulky set to a nasty plot set. Which means that it can function as a decent stallbreaker, but yeah, it lacks utility outside of sun, so don't expect it to do much else.

WHO UP CLIK LIKE (Infernape) @ Focus Sash  
Ability: Blaze  
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe  
Hasty Nature  
- Fake Out  
- Stealth Rock  
- Overheat  
- Close Combat  

Leads all the time, can anti-lead anti-leads barring other Infernapes running the exact same set. Fake Out turn 1 for free damage unless they have an obvious rough skin mon, lay rocks whenever you think they won't be bounced, close combat against cc weaknesses and to maintain sash, Overheat in Blaze and when they're weak to Overheat.

BUSH DID KUSH (Darmanitan) @ Choice Scarf  
Ability: Sheer Force  
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe  
Jolly Nature  
- Flare Blitz  
- Rock Slide  
- U-turn  
- Earthquake  

The second part of the volt-turn core, this is basically the revenger for things that Rotom-H can't revenge. Flare Blitz for damage, Earthquake for coverage, U-turn for momentum, and rock slide for flying types.

supa hot fire (Arcanine) @ Choice Band  
Ability: Intimidate 
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe  
Adamant Nature  
- Flare Blitz  
- Extreme Speed  
- Wild Charge  
- Close Combat  

Underused amazing revenge killer/physical wallbreaker, it can do massive damage and can 2HKO any physical wall that doesn't resist it in sun with Flare Blitz, and can revenge kill threats with even infinite speed with its own Extreme Speed. Wild charge is for water types, and close combat is for rock types.

Threats:

Tyranitar takes away sun, and Focus Blast is notorious for missing. You can spam U-turn and follow up with a Close Combat from Arcanine, but its often against Dark and Arcanine hates taking an attack from Tyranitar on a U-turn switch.

This fat-assed whale will literally bulldoze through my entire team if Ninetails dies and it's scarfed.

Terrakion fucks this team up. You must literally get a stone edge miss to win.

This, as well as its little brother Mega Gyarados, can solo this team. At least you can kill Mega Gyarados with proper plays as it tries to set up and even revenge it with Arcanine at a proper time if you let it set up, all of which you can't do with Mega Sharpedo.

Last edited by Nebulous on Sun Feb 28, 2016 3:58 pm; edited 5 times in total
Nebulous

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: AN HO FIRE MEME FEST

Post by madman404 on Mon Feb 15, 2016 7:46 pm

First off, give your arcanine intimidate rather than flash fire. Honestly the ability isn't TOO useful on fire, and you get something much better out of not using it. You beat terrakion.
-1 252 Atk Terrakion Stone Edge vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Arcanine: 260-308 (80.9 - 95.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Choice Band Arcanine Close Combat vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Terrakion: 382-450 (118.2 - 139.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO.
Also, half the team is choice. I can't think of any specific reasons about why that's bad, but there's a chance it may screw you in the future. I don't use fire much, so I don't have much else to say about it. If anyone else has any other changes, please do contribute.
madman404

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nebulous on Mon Feb 15, 2016 7:48 pm

Oops didn't mean to have the ability as Flash Fire, lemme fix that.
Nebulous

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Enchidio on Tue Feb 16, 2016 6:06 pm

Reshiram? Neb, you are now my best friend.
I find nothing wrong with this team. Then again, I'm bad at judging teams, so I'm probably unreliable.
Enchidio

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Colonel on Fri Mar 11, 2016 12:11 am

Hello, I noticed one thing you really want on Fire. Hazard removal.

Here's the best set for it. In fact, once you spin hazards you literally win, so its underestimated.

Torkoal @ Leftovers
Ability: White Smoke
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Rapid Spin
- Rapid Spin
- take away all the fucking momentum

Actually, just use 6 of these. You'll win.

Colonel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Allyson(Ninetales) on Fri Mar 11, 2016 11:08 am

Hi Neb so noticed some few things that you might wan't to consider:
CIA INVENTED CRACK (Rotom-Heat) @ Choice Scarf  
Ability: Levitate  
EVs: 4 HP/ 252 SpA / 252 Spe  
Timid Nature  
- Volt Switch  
- Thunderbolt  
- Overheat  
- Hidden Power [Ice] Trick
Rotom-Heat packs quite a punch but I don't see much relevance for HP Ice here, so I recommend Trick which can be used to shut down set ups. It's always HP before other defenses.(Also the odd-even hp trick so that you would still have 1% extra hp when you step on the SR)

FUCK BILL CLINTON (Reshiram) @ Life Orb/ Assault Vest  
Ability: Turboblaze  
EVs: 4 HP/ 252 SpA/ 252 Spe  
Timid Nature  
- Draco Meteor  
- Blue Flare  
- Solar Beam  
- Focus Blast
So I wanna fiddle with the moveset but I'll respect the moveset instead. LO or AV provides you more control of the Solar Beam in case something bad happens like weather disruption. (The 4 HP has the same explanation for the 4HP in rotom-heat)
But seriously though? You'd rather run the Mega-Char Y because it already has it self-induced Drought. In comparison Mega Char Y is faster than Reshiram and packs more punch than Reshiram.
Sample Mega Char Y set:
Charizard @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Solar Power
EVs: 4 HP/ 252 SpA/ 252 Spe
Timid
- Solar Beam
- Fire Blast
- Roost/Defog
- Focus Blast
This a very common yet scary af set, I added Defog as an option because it seems like you don't have a spinner in your team.

And since you already have a Sun inducer I hardly doubt you'll need my kind anymore. If you want some problems solved here is something I offer: Volcarona, once Volc gets a chance to set up it's almost impossible to defeat it.
Sample Volcarona set:
Volcarona @ Charti/Passho Berry
- Quiver Dance
- Giga Drain
- Fire Blast
- Hidden Power Ice
As you can see Volcarona is a better set up sweeper than Ninetales, you may choose between Charti or Passho berry so that you get more chance to set up at least in one turn in front of the faces of water/rock-types.

WHO UP CLIK LIKE (Infernape) @ Focus Sash  
Ability: Blaze  
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe  
Hasty Nature  
- Taunt  
- Fire Blast  
- Stealth Rock  
- Close Combat

this is a infernape set from my fighting-type team. A mixed attacker because of both it's SpA and Atk are powerful. The taunt lets you counter leads just like you then set up SR or hit them with a move when they attempt to switch in something.

supa hot fire (Arcanine) @ Choice Band Life Orb
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe  
Adamant Nature  
- Flare Blitz  
- Extreme Speed  
- Wild Charge  
- Close Combat  
Yes life orb will hurt you a whole lot but at least you're versatile and powerful at the same time. In your team you don't have any single tank so switching out is a bad idea just to get freed by the curse of the choice band.
Allyson(Ninetales)
Voice
Voice

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nebulous on Fri Mar 11, 2016 2:54 pm

I don't think I should remove hp ice, or else garchomp will wall Rotom to hell and back.

I'm keeping reshiram because he's my special wallbreaker, and Reshiram helps vs the dragon matchup, which is utter shit for fire.

I'm not running Volcarona because this team has no hazard removal whatsoever.

I might consider that taunt set for infernape, but i use fake out to break sashes and sturdy from the likes of Skarmory, and it anti-leads other Infernapes.

I'm can't afford to Life Orb on anything because I have no hazard removal, and I can't afford for my pokemon to take more damage than they already have to.

Ninetails isn't a set up sweeper for my team, it's only there for sun and nothing more, nasty plot is only there to stall break.

Thanks for the rate though!
Nebulous

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Allyson(Ninetales) on Sat Mar 12, 2016 11:06 am

Nebulous wrote:I don't think I should  remove hp ice, or else garchomp will wall Rotom to hell and back.
I'm not running Volcarona because this team has no hazard removal whatsoever.
I did some calcs in here:
252 SpA Rotom Hidden Power Ice vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Garchomp: 244-288 (68.3 - 80.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Volcarona Hidden Power Ice vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Garchomp: 312-368 (87.3 - 103%) -- 18.8% chance to OHKO
+1 252 SpA Volcarona Hidden Power Ice vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Garchomp: 464-548 (129.9 - 153.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Dragon normally is a huge threat to fire, I guess other than that you can have possible trades with other kingdoms to counter Dragon.
Well that's why Volc is there since Volc packs more punch and 1 Dance can sweep all, mostly. I did add some Defog & Taunt in the movesets so you can remove/prevent hazard set up. I see you want to kill the damned sashes with the sturdy, Infernape is preferably a suicide lead so yeah just do it's job + kill a mon then he'd be okay. I also see your view about keeping your Reshiram, hey Reshiram is cool sure(also I love reshiram, my fave mon ever since) so I guess your point of view about it is okay but...
how can you face some Kyu-W or Scarfmence or Kyu-B or other faster Scarfed Dragon mons that are practically faster than you?
Allyson(Ninetales)
Voice
Voice

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nebulous on Tue Mar 15, 2016 9:15 am

fire has a hard time dealing with scarfed dragons in general though
Nebulous

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Galom on Tue Mar 15, 2016 9:17 am

4/6 Pokemon holding choice items; this team is flames.

Room Owner
Room Owner

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Fraction on Fri Mar 18, 2016 5:27 am

hazard removal where

but tell me, if CIA invented crack, did FBI invent weed?
Fraction
Voice
Voice

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nebulous on Mon Mar 21, 2016 12:09 pm

ok allyson i will try your life orb set because i have too many choiced pokemon on this team, ty
Nebulous

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top