0% 0% 
[ 0 ]
18% 18% 
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 11

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Re: Double person roleplaying

Post by DarkClaw(weavile) on Mon Feb 15, 2016 11:26 pm

Yeah, I've seen it a lot. I've done it a few times.
Personally, I think it's okay if one of them is a side character, and the other is the main. For example, the only time I've done it with my OC DarkClaw, is occationally typing a message for his pet torchic, Ki. However, I can see the logic and honestly, I'm impartial. It works sometimes and doesn't the other times. A key to do it would be to MENTION which OC name your using every line/paragraph.
Eg.
DarkClaw(weavile): *Dark eats a cake*
DarkClaw(weavile): *Ki eats a berry*
As opposed to *eats berry, eats cake* because that's confusing.

DarkClaw(weavile)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hydre(Hydreigon) on Tue Feb 16, 2016 12:06 am

To put it simply, it requires to know how to RP properly, and how to manage different OCs at the same time. It's... Hard to do at best, and can get messy. I have yet to try, but I saw both good and bad things happening with it.

sig links:

Hydre(Hydreigon)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Fraction on Tue Feb 16, 2016 1:48 am

Hydre(Hydreigon) wrote:To put it simply, it requires to know how to RP properly, and how to manage different OCs at the same time. It's... Hard to do at best, and can get messy. I have yet to try, but I saw both good and bad things happening with it.
Obviously I told Hydre to post that. :^)
Fraction
Voice
Voice

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Flyhn on Thu Feb 18, 2016 7:28 am

I just have both characters logged on at once in different browsers. It's a bit slower, but it solves the formatting issues.
Flyhn

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Articuno on Thu Feb 25, 2016 3:17 pm

As someone whose name is literally split in two (which was actually the reason I created my two characters), I would not advocate roleplaying as two people at once unless you are very, very confident that both you and whoever you're RPing with will be able to keep track of those characters. 

My plot with Rico was incredibly fun and easy to write because both parties involved had a lot of communication with what was happening, even if it didn't seem like it just from the RPing. We had Skype calls or were PMing each other so that we knew exactly what was happening with our characters so we could keep track and decide what would occur next. 

I would venture out and say that we're both better writers than the typical user (not to be conceited), but communication played a huge part in making our plots successful. Even if you build a good character, your roleplaying prowess plays a huge part in making everything work.

tl;dr: If you want to use a two-person name thing, make sure you have a LOT of communication going on the side.

Room Owner

Crascking the ban whip
Stop stalking.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top