Yveltal's state

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Yveltal's state

Post by Hydre(Hydreigon) on 2/19/2016, 7:29 am

Sup' people.

Today, we're gonna talk about the thing known as Yveltal.

'Yveltal is a large Pokémon with avian and draconian traits. Its body is dark in coloration and is adorned with grayish patterns along the underside. Yveltal's wings have three spikes on each extending along the bottom edges, close to where they meet the body. There are five large claws on each appendage, three of which curve inwards. Yveltal's underside is bright red, with branching, black markings. Similar markings are present on Yveltal's head and neck.' - Source : Bulbapedia.

Right know, you might be asking 'But Hydre why are you saying this and why is there an Yveltal post?'

Because, to put it simply, this thing is broken in CQ. There, I said it.

Yveltal is an unstoppable force which can, with little to no support, make flying or dark even stronger that they are already, and can possibly solo sweep whole teams due to its insane bulk and damaging moves.

Yveltal, on the defensive side, boasts a 126/95/98 bulk. That bulk is already insane itself, but if you are going to play a more defensive Yveltal, you will have Oblivion Wing, a 80BP Special Flying type move (so, there is STAB), which makes the user recover 75% of the damage dealt.. With a fully defensive spread, the damages will be negligable, but Yveltal can also provide utility with an access to Taunt, Heat Wave, Tailwind, Toxic, to name only them. It can also get roost, to ensure a flat 50% recovery and a way to stall out opponents with its insane bulk.

However, this isn't the main strength of Yveltal. On the offensive side, it boasts 131 in both physical and special attack, sitting in the 99 speed tier and allowing it to safely outspeed many threats with speed investment. Oh, and did I mention Dark Aura, which increases the power of all Dark-type moves in battle to 1.3x.? Dark Pulse and Sucker Punch becomes insanely hard hitting moves, which will 2HKO anything not resisting it (bar chansey/blissey and ho-oh), while Oblivion Wing allows Yveltal regain astronomic amounts of HP after each. Some calcs, about the damages Yveltal can do to its supposed checks, and the retaliation damage.

252+ SpA Life Orb Dark Aura Yveltal Dark Pulse vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Kyurem-W: 250-294 (63.9 - 75.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ SpA Life Orb Yveltal Oblivion Wing vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Kyurem-W: 188-224 (48 - 57.2%) -- 92.6% chance to 2HKO
252+ SpA Life Orb Dark Aura Yveltal Dark Pulse vs. 248 HP / 52 SpD Ho-Oh: 165-196 (39.7 - 47.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252+ SpA Life Orb Dark Aura Yveltal Dark Pulse vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Mega Diancie: 116-136 (48.1 - 56.4%) -- 86.7% chance to 2HKO
48 Atk Black Glasses Dark Aura Yveltal Sucker Punch vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Kyogre: 196-232 (57.4 - 68%) -- guaranteed 2HKO (Kyogre will fail to kill if Yveltal is running black glasses and will die to 2 sucker punches)

(If you have more calcs about checks for Yveltal, and I can barely think of things that can defeat yveltal in a straight 1v1, feel free to post them.)

Overall, Yveltal is a formidable offensive machine, that can also run the defensive game if the team needs a defensive glue. It is near unkillable for more than half the types present in CQ, except if there are setup sweepers left to roam (to list : Grass, Fighting, Bug, Water, Fire, Psychic, Normal, Ground, Ghost, Poison) and the few types that can deal with yveltal are all either A/S tier or have a type advantage (for fairy and ice).

Its presence is what makes Flying and Dark monstruous types in CQ, and while both types have very viable other options (Flying gets Hooh/Lugia, or Skymin, while Dark gets M-Sableye or M-Sharpedo), Yveltal is simply over them. With all of this in consideration, I can safely say that Yveltal isn't sane for the CQ metagame and should be included in the banlist. It is simply too overwhelming to face.

Thanks for reading, feel free to comment below your opinion on the matter.

Last edited by Hydre(Hydreigon) on 2/19/2016, 7:32 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : derp)

sig links:

Hydre(Hydreigon)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Yveltal's state

Post by Hydre(Hydreigon) on 2/19/2016, 8:56 am

Update : I've been asked to put those calcs.

252+ SpA Life Orb Yveltal Oblivion Wing vs. 240 HP / 16 SpD Assault Vest Azumarill: 148-175 (36.9 - 43.6%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252+ SpA Life Orb Dark Aura Yveltal Dark Pulse vs. 240 HP / 16 SpD Assault Vest Azumarill: 97-116 (24.1 - 28.9%) -- 98.9% chance to 4HKO

sig links:

Hydre(Hydreigon)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Fraction on 2/19/2016, 2:57 pm

Personally, I've had mixed views about Yveltal. But the thing is;

It can still be countered. There isn't really a point of it centralizing CQ, since you always have a choice, aka the legend spot on your team. If Yveltal is threatening, then I think every Ubers Pokemon is threatening in its own way. Ever heard about Ho-Oh? Scarf Kyogre? There are massive players in CQ, but that doesn't mean it should be banned. 

The thing about banning Yveltal is that it's used quite often and people find it frustrating to deal with. On the other hand, people ignore quite a lot of Ubers Pokemon and instead go for an OU mega. You just need to know your way around things. 

So, TLDR; it shouldn't be banned. CQ's fine as it is. 

i remember neb missing a heat wave on me and my band-scizor bug biting the bacon bird to death. hehehehe
Fraction
Voice
Voice

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hydre(Hydreigon) on 2/19/2016, 3:08 pm

Scarf kyogre fails to KO Yveltal, Frac. Origin pulse won't be a OHKO. Ho-oh is available to 2 types, and it does mean.. yeah, 15 types are left in the mud.

If you give me a way to deal with Yveltal with every type, then I'll understand, or even with forgoing Fighting, Grass, Psychic, heck even bug. Because there aren't. There are no real counter to this, the only way to bring it down if played by a good player is by using toxic/paralysis and pray for no heal bell. Or get a lucky crit.

sig links:

Hydre(Hydreigon)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dreaming Asriel on 2/19/2016, 3:11 pm

LB

I want

That Scizor set.

Anyways, I see no problem with Yveltal, so my vote is for a do not ban and I can even list my reasoning.

You see, Taunt Yveltal gets bopped by Mega Diancie/Mega Sableye, HA Espeon, Xatu and Magic Coat Klefki (which I might have used once), Heat Wave can be taken well by most Pokemon with a Focus Sash if they're pretty paper-thin on defenses, Fire, Water and Rock-types can certainly take a Heat Wave with the right investments and likely hit back, hard. Sucker Punch can be avoided, and if anyone ever uses Zygarde, Aura Break stops Dark Aura in it's tracks.

So, people.

Do we really ban something I can work to stop?

Or do we ban it and piss off a lot of people...?

Some new sets, I will make.
Some plans, I will concoct.
A bacon bird, I WILL MAKE FALL.
Dreaming Asriel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Fraction on 2/19/2016, 3:29 pm

Hydre(Hydreigon) wrote:Scarf kyogre fails to KO Yveltal, Frac. Origin pulse won't be a OHKO. Ho-oh is available to 2 types, and it does mean.. yeah, 15 types are left in the mud.

If you give me a way to deal with Yveltal with every type, then I'll understand, or even with forgoing Fighting, Grass, Psychic, heck even bug. Because there aren't. There are no real counter to this, the only way to bring it down if played by a good player is by using toxic/paralysis and pray for no heal bell. Or get a lucky crit.
Hydre, I wasn't talking about Kyogre vs. Yveltal matchup. I was listing that if you use that reasoning to think whether a Pokemon should be banned, then there are countless other Pokemon that should be banned. Ho-Oh and Kyogre are among them.

also asriel, bby, u know i use zygarde sometimes. hehe.

Edit: I tried. And then reconsidered my opinion in a discussion with madman. I do not know where I stand on this matter, currently.
Fraction
Voice
Voice

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hydre(Hydreigon) on 2/19/2016, 5:34 pm

Dreaming Asriel wrote:LB

I want

That Scizor set.

Anyways, I see no problem with Yveltal, so my vote is for a do not ban and I can even list my reasoning.

You see, Taunt Yveltal gets bopped by Mega Diancie/Mega Sableye, HA Espeon, Xatu and Magic Coat Klefki (which I might have used once), Heat Wave can be taken well by most Pokemon with a Focus Sash if they're pretty paper-thin on defenses, Fire, Water and Rock-types can certainly take a Heat Wave with the right investments and likely hit back, hard. Sucker Punch can be avoided, and if anyone ever uses Zygarde, Aura Break stops Dark Aura in it's tracks.

The thing is, defensive yveltal is REALLY rare. As in, 90% of the time, the offensive yveltal will be ran, and just say "hi xatu/espeon lemme dark pulse youkthx". Fire and Water types will never OHKO it back (bar for, MAYBE, rock slide scarf darmanitan which will take heavy damage from sucker punch). If something can virtually OHKO/2HKO anything in the metagame, or in the globality of the game, then yes there's a problem.

And LB, about scarf kyogre, let's just say that special tanks are a thing, just like yveltal. However, there are also the water absorb pokemon, or faster physical scarf users that can destroy water spout kyogre. Or drought/sandstream/snowwarning that can say 'Hey, nice weather here'. Scarf Kyogre is far easier to counter than Yveltal, to me. As for ho-oh, 50% weakness to SR really sets it back. If you somehow keep hazards off, yes it's a huge threat, with a wide array of attacks.

But saying Yveltal isn't broken is like saying that we should unban mewtwo. It gets access to the strongest dark attack in the game (with dark aura), insane damage+recovery stab move, heck it can even be a slow pivot with u-turn if you want it. And if you guess the set wrong, then poof, something dies, such a shame.

Oh, and with Aura break, yes Zygarde can seemingly counter Yveltal... But it will fail to OHKO, and will take heavy damage from oblivion wing+sucker punch.

Last edited by Hydre(Hydreigon) on 2/19/2016, 5:37 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added something about Aura Break)

sig links:

Hydre(Hydreigon)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Enchidio on 2/19/2016, 5:41 pm

mega sableye
I'm neutral on this matter. While Yveltal is one of the strongest Pokemon in Conquest, other megas and Legendaries can still be used.

It's not all impressive either. unban mewtwo Its flying typing gives it a Stealth Rock weakness, and it also has a fairy weakness. azurill will hunt you down and break your spine
Enchidio

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nebulous on 2/19/2016, 10:15 pm

If you don't want Yveltal to be banned then you're Ok with dark being a ridiculously easy and broken type in conquest lol...

And most "fire, rock, and water types" Get oko'd or two k'od by dark pulse anyways.

Also focus sashes won't matter when Yveltal has crazy bulk and it's hard as hell to remove hazards vs dark. Want to defog? Not with Defiant Bisharp. Want to spin away hazards? Lol, good luck with Sableye.

And Zygarde can't do jack shit to Yveltal because of its mediocre stats and Ovlivion wing healing off the damage it does. Also you're implying that Zygarde is used often in CQ.... Or OU.... Or Monotype...

Eh, but keep Yveltal unbanned in CQ even though it has the strongest priority move in the game and it has the strongest dark pulse in the game, oh yeah, don't forget about Oblivion wing healing out most of the damage it dishes out.

I beg of you, someone, ban this broken fucking Pokemon. It literally only has a handful of counters. And most of the Pokemon that actually can do damage to it gets 2ko'd or oko'd by dark pulse anyways.

Nebulous

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Enchidio on 2/20/2016, 10:40 am

here are some mlg calculations
this may take a while
252 SpA Yveltal Oblivion Wing vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Eviolite Porygon2: 93-109 (29.9 - 35%) -- 15.1% chance to 3HKO
252 SpA Yveltal Oblivion Wing vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Shuckle: 63-75 (34.8 - 41.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

+2 0 Atk Aegislash-Blade Iron Head vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Yveltal: 255-301 (64.8 - 76.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Yveltal invested in defense:
+2 0 Atk Aegislash-Blade Iron Head vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Yveltal: 201-237 (44 - 51.9%) -- 13.3% chance to 2HKO
Aegislash invested in attack, Yveltal in defense
+2 252 Atk Aegislash-Blade Iron Head vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Yveltal: 304-358 (77.3 - 91%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 Atk Weavile Icicle Crash vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Yveltal: 276-326 (70.2 - 82.9%) -- 62.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
If you uninvest in HP and defense and have Stealth Rock on your side, you're dead.

252 Atk Choice Band Slaking Giga Impact vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Yveltal: 349-412 (76.5 - 90.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
Attack not invested in Slaking:
0 Atk Choice Band Slaking Giga Impact vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Yveltal: 297-351 (65.1 - 76.9%) -- 18.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
252 SpA Yveltal Oblivion Wing vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Slaking: 187-222 (42.4 - 50.3%) -- 1.2% chance to 2HKO
0- Atk Dark Aura Yveltal Sucker Punch vs. -2 0 HP / 0 Def Slaking: 259-306 (58.7 - 69.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
While Slaking is uncommon, look at it. It can bulk Yveltal's Oblivion Wing and Sucker Punch.

This is a Shuckle under Trick Rooms that has just Power Tricked.
0 Atk Shuckle Rock Slide vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Yveltal: 356-420 (90.5 - 106.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
This is if the Yveltal invested in its defenses:
0 Atk Shuckle Rock Slide vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Yveltal: 278-330 (60.9 - 72.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
Shuckle's only real downfall in this battle is Sucker Punch, which it can take advantage of if Sturdy hasn't activated yet.

A Yveltal fully invested in defenses against a Mega Mawile not invested in attack at all:
0 Atk Huge Power Mega Mawile Play Rough vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Yveltal: 330-390 (72.3 - 85.5%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
Mawile invested in attack:
252 Atk Huge Power Mega Mawile Play Rough vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Yveltal: 414-488 (90.7 - 107%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
The strongest thing Yveltal can do is Hurricane, which even then:
252+ SpA Yveltal Hurricane vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Mega Mawile: 104-123 (43.1 - 51%) -- 3.9% chance to 2HKO
Oh, did I speak about fairy?
Letting Azumarill set up:
+6 252+ Atk Huge Power Azumarill Play Rough vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Yveltal: 1490-1754 (379.1 - 446.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Not letting Azumarill set up:
252+ Atk Huge Power Azumarill Play Rough vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Yveltal: 372-440 (94.6 - 111.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
Yveltal's strongest move:
252+ SpA Yveltal Oblivion Wing vs. 92 HP / 0 SpD Azumarill: 175-207 (48 - 56.8%) -- 89.1% chance to 2HKO
And if Stealth Rock is setup, Yveltal would lose to Azumarill. Yet Azumarill isn't banned, so why should Yveltal be?
goddamn there's more ok ok

If Yveltal forgets to invest in HP about this...
Victini Final Gambit vs. 0 HP Yveltal: 404-404 (102.7 - 102.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ SpA Dark Aura Yveltal Dark Pulse vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Victini: 384-452 (95 - 111.8%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO
This is true, but...
0 Atk Victini V-create vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Yveltal: 202-238 (51.3 - 60.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
Victini invested in attack:
252+ SpA Dark Aura Yveltal Dark Pulse vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Victini: 384-452 (95 - 111.8%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO
252 Atk Victini Bolt Strike vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Yveltal: 248-292 (63.1 - 74.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
Yveltal can lose to Victini a bit easily despite the type matchup, since uninvested or fully invested, Victini will just barely outspeed Yveltal unless Yveltal has a helping nature.

Last but not least, let's take a small look at White Kyurem.
Power Herb White Kyurem uninvested using Ice Burn on Yveltal:
0 SpA Turboblaze Kyurem-W Ice Burn vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Yveltal: 384-452 (84.2 - 99.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
Power Herb White Kyurem invested using Ice Burn on Yveltal with Modest:
252+ SpA Turboblaze Kyurem-W Ice Burn vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Yveltal: 492-582 (107.8 - 127.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ SpA Dark Aura Yveltal Dark Pulse vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Kyurem-W: 192-226 (49.1 - 57.8%) -- 96.1% chance to 2HKO
THIS is Yveltal's strongest attack against White Kyurem. By the time it uses Dark Pulse, White Kyurem has Ice Burn prepared to destroy Yveltal. Also,
252+ SpA Turboblaze Kyurem-W Ice Beam vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Yveltal: 318-374 (69.7 - 82%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

I rest my case. I think I oppose this now looking at these calculations.
Enchidio

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hydre(Hydreigon) on 2/20/2016, 11:16 am

The Annoying Enchidio wrote:here are some mlg calculations
this may take a while
252 SpA Yveltal Oblivion Wing vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Eviolite Porygon2: 93-109 (29.9 - 35%) -- 15.1% chance to 3HKO
252 SpA Yveltal Oblivion Wing vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Shuckle: 63-75 (34.8 - 41.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

Yeah, gj putting 2 tanks against offensive Yveltal. Pory2 enters the 'chansey/blissey' side, which are specific to normal, while Shuckle is, indeed, a problem. Except walling thanks to toxic+rest, I don't see how Shuckle will kill.

The Annoying Enchidio wrote:
+2 0 Atk Aegislash-Blade Iron Head vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Yveltal: 255-301 (64.8 - 76.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Yveltal invested in defense:
+2 0 Atk Aegislash-Blade Iron Head vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Yveltal: 201-237 (44 - 51.9%) -- 13.3% chance to 2HKO
Aegislash invested in attack, Yveltal in defense
+2 252 Atk Aegislash-Blade Iron Head vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Yveltal: 304-358 (77.3 - 91%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

First off, tell me how aegislash will get to +2 against Yveltal. I really wanna know. Dark won't let aegislash setup, while flying will usually phaze it away. Even if it isn't phazed, then : 252+ SpA Life Orb Dark Aura Yveltal Dark Pulse vs. 0 HP / 252+ SpD Aegislash-Shield: 268-320 (102.6 - 122.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO. Poof, there goes Aegislash. If Aegislash is ran 252/252 special bulk, it will barely survive the dark pulse and die to sucker punch.

252 Atk Weavile Icicle Crash vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Yveltal: 276-326 (70.2 - 82.9%) -- 62.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
If you uninvest in HP and defense and have Stealth Rock on your side, you're dead.

I don't have anything to say, considering Weavile is one of the few checks to yveltal, and the only one I didn't list. But eh, if dark runs Yveltal, only Ice can possibly stop it. Yeah, ONE type along with fairy/rock/elec.

252 Atk Choice Band Slaking Giga Impact vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Yveltal: 349-412 (76.5 - 90.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
Attack not invested in Slaking:
0 Atk Choice Band Slaking Giga Impact vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Yveltal: 297-351 (65.1 - 76.9%) -- 18.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
252 SpA Yveltal Oblivion Wing vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Slaking: 187-222 (42.4 - 50.3%) -- 1.2% chance to 2HKO
0- Atk Dark Aura Yveltal Sucker Punch vs. -2 0 HP / 0 Def Slaking: 259-306 (58.7 - 69.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
While Slaking is uncommon, look at it. It can bulk Yveltal's Oblivion Wing and Sucker Punch.

Without offense, since when is Slaking relevant in checking for counters and everything? It's gimmicky at best. Also, who puts a -atk nature on Yveltal so I can slap them. How will Slaking get to -2 as well... I don't get it, but eh.

This is a Shuckle under Trick Rooms that has just Power Tricked.
0 Atk Shuckle Rock Slide vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Yveltal: 356-420 (90.5 - 106.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
This is if the Yveltal invested in its defenses:
0 Atk Shuckle Rock Slide vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Yveltal: 278-330 (60.9 - 72.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
Shuckle's only real downfall in this battle is Sucker Punch, which it can take advantage of if Sturdy hasn't activated yet.

Ditto to what is said above. Did you know that band avalugg sturdy could OHKO Yveltal with avalanche?

A Yveltal fully invested in defenses against a Mega Mawile not invested in attack at all:
0 Atk Huge Power Mega Mawile Play Rough vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Yveltal: 330-390 (72.3 - 85.5%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
Mawile invested in attack:
252 Atk Huge Power Mega Mawile Play Rough vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Yveltal: 414-488 (90.7 - 107%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
The strongest thing Yveltal can do is Hurricane, which even then:
252+ SpA Yveltal Hurricane vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Mega Mawile: 104-123 (43.1 - 51%) -- 3.9% chance to 2HKO
Oh, did I speak about fairy?
Letting Azumarill set up:
+6 252+ Atk Huge Power Azumarill Play Rough vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Yveltal: 1490-1754 (379.1 - 446.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Not letting Azumarill set up:
252+ Atk Huge Power Azumarill Play Rough vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Yveltal: 372-440 (94.6 - 111.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
Yveltal's strongest move:
252+ SpA Yveltal Oblivion Wing vs. 92 HP / 0 SpD Azumarill: 175-207 (48 - 56.8%) -- 89.1% chance to 2HKO
And if Stealth Rock is setup, Yveltal would lose to Azumarill. Yet Azumarill isn't banned, so why should Yveltal be?
goddamn there's more ok ok

Enchi, remember what I said about Fairy and super effective hits? Yeah, now you should.

If Yveltal forgets to invest in HP about this...
Victini Final Gambit vs. 0 HP Yveltal: 404-404 (102.7 - 102.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO
This is true, but...
0 Atk Victini V-create vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Yveltal: 202-238 (51.3 - 60.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
Victini invested in attack:
252 Atk Victini Bolt Strike vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Yveltal: 248-292 (63.1 - 74.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
Yveltal can lose to Victini a bit easily despite the type matchup, since uninvested or fully invested, Victini will just barely outspeed Yveltal unless Yveltal has a helping nature.

Victini will lose to Yveltal because, once again, you forgot sucker punch finishing off Victini. Who will run 252hp victini, as well? Because this way, Victini will be slower, and get hit by 2 dark pulse. Other than final gambit (and lol'd because sucker punch), yeah, you lose the matchup.

Last but not least, let's take a small look at White Kyurem.
Power Herb White Kyurem uninvested using Ice Burn on Yveltal:
0 SpA Turboblaze Kyurem-W Ice Burn vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Yveltal: 384-452 (84.2 - 99.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
Power Herb White Kyurem invested using Ice Burn on Yveltal with Modest:
252+ SpA Turboblaze Kyurem-W Ice Burn vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Yveltal: 492-582 (107.8 - 127.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ SpA Dark Aura Yveltal Dark Pulse vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Kyurem-W: 192-226 (49.1 - 57.8%) -- 96.1% chance to 2HKO
THIS is Yveltal's strongest attack against White Kyurem. By the time it uses Dark Pulse, White Kyurem has Ice Burn prepared to destroy Yveltal. Also,
252+ SpA Turboblaze Kyurem-W Ice Beam vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Yveltal: 318-374 (69.7 - 82%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

>Power herb ice burn. Do I truly have to say anything about this? Who uses power herb, if not at all? Heck, having to put a specific ITEM on a pokemon just to SURVIVE it makes it utterly strong.

On this list, we know now that : Special normal-type tanks can wall Yveltal, Fairy is strong against dark and Weavile can hurt a flying type. I now wanna have a minute of silence for : Grass, Water, Fire, Psychic, Bug, Fighting, Poison, Steel, Ground, and uh Electric (even tho sturdy specs magnezone can possibly badly hurt Yveltal.) Eeeeeh, sure. Yveltal is not broken let's pack home boys. And now, without sarcasm : Good, we have what, 6 checks in the WHOLE METAGAME to Yveltal? This thing is as strong as Darkrai or Mewtwo in its current state, come on people!

sig links:

Hydre(Hydreigon)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Enchidio on 2/20/2016, 11:18 am

oh ignore the - attack nature for yveltal i forgot to take it off because i was just messing around with calc for a bit
Enchidio

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Enchidio on 2/20/2016, 11:19 am

also im still on oppose and stuff
Enchidio

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hydre(Hydreigon) on 2/20/2016, 11:27 am

I remember there being a 'CQ council' once, or something along the line. Maybe this 'council' could help on that matter, I don't know? Because this has become a joke at this point.

Thinking about making a 'custom' CQ with a few things included in the banlist to make tests.

sig links:

Hydre(Hydreigon)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nebulous on 2/20/2016, 11:28 am

lol enchi how are those calcs relevant at all?
Nebulous

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top