Random Hosting 101

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Random Hosting 101

Post by Kazz on Sat Feb 20, 2016 2:46 pm

Okay, this will be messy, but I'll organize it onto a document sometime soon.

Here are some tips and tricks for hosting. This is meant for beginner hosts, but you can read this for a few of my tips even if you are experienced.
Note: This is from my point of view, and I never reviewed this with anyone else. Also, this is for general hosting, not for a certain RP.

TIP #1: Always use the best grammar you can. Sure, sometimes you might mispell something by accident, however you should refrain from bolding something without punctuation, capitals, etc. Honestly, it looks cringeworthy and unprofessional.

TIP #2: Always answer questions directed towards 1 individual in PMs or ooc, not bold. It is unnecessary, but if it's generally asked, and you decide to bold it, don't direct it towards a group of people who asked. It makes it look like you're answering it individually. Example: Hey Kazz, lots of people are asking this, so I'll just say you cannot be a RESTRICTED class as we already have 3 of them on doc this run.

TIP #3: For RPs that run and CAN use the same plot over and over again (For example, DnD and a few customs), you shouldn't clear the doc after every run. I find this saves time for adding people again, and if you're just going to resume the plot there's no reason to wipe all the players off.

TIP #4: Don't rush your details. It'll create a bunch of questions that you'll need to bold an extra few times, when you want to to continue on with the RP.

TIP #5: Don't be afraid to discipline your players for doing silly things. Especially in serious RPs, they shouldn't be. That's why I write things like this on the rules of my documents. I just can't deal with roleplayers who are going to butcher my RP o~o

TIP #6: Always get some feedback from friends before hosting an RP. This can prevent some salt and things that need fixing. This is especially with customs, as it can be hard to make a custom that can run smoothly sometimes. Especially for people new to making customs.

TIP #7: Don't bold for everything... Ugh. If it's an opinion, you can say that in ooc. For something unrelated completely to the RP itself, doesn't need to be bolded. Don't abuse your host permissions; YOU will most likely be warned.

Salutations, I hope these tips help increase your knowledge as a host.
Kazz

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Random Hosting 101

Post by Hydre(Hydreigon) on Sat Feb 20, 2016 3:13 pm

Seel of approval.

sig links:

Hydre(Hydreigon)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PyrrhonWheatley on Sat Feb 20, 2016 5:42 pm

Tip 8: UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD YOU PANIC WHEN THE BOT DIES
PyrrhonWheatley

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kazz on Sun Feb 21, 2016 12:31 pm

PyrrhonWheatley wrote:Tip 8: UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD YOU PANIC WHEN THE BOT DIES
Yas. I'll add this sometime.
Kazz

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Allyson(Ninetales) on Wed Mar 09, 2016 8:34 pm

Thank Arceus someone has thought and wrote of this!
/me coughs and spoke formally
I mean is that this is a very good guide, indeed helpful for those who are fond of hosting RPs
A special note for everyone, this guide is not just limited to customs but this can/should be applied to every RP you want to host.
Allyson(Ninetales)
Voice
Voice

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top