Clarity of Rules.

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Clarity of Rules.

Post by Cruella on Mon Feb 22, 2016 2:14 am

I have noticed over the past in the roleplay rooms there has been a lack of clarity when it comes to certain rules. I am not constructing this post to target or disrespect anyone but rather to seek out a clear answer.

Okay so my two main issues are,

a) What is and isnt allowed in freeroam
b) Drugs and Alcohol

a) I seriously dont understand by this point what is restricted in freeroam and isnt. I know it comes down to a staff member to enforce something how they believe it should in accordance to the rules, but if the rules arent clear, this is hard.
So I understand fandoms are banned, that much is clear. But what isnt clear is...

Different forms of pokemon
I have seen everything from robot charizards to hybrids. But it really isnt made clear what is allowed and what isnt. Sometimes people get warned for rping as a pokemon which doesnt exist or for having a robotic magikarp, but then I see robot charizards and ghost(type) versions of pokemon which arent naturally that way. So I just really dont understand this.
Mythological creatures.
This is by far the worst offender. Okay so we all know of the whole vampire outbreak a year ago in freeroam when those types of ocs sharply rose. I havent seen anyone get warned for being one yet. I also have seen a lot of magic, witch ocs, sorcerers and etc.
So...
Accepted List

• Vampires
    Witches
    Certain Magical beings
    Fairies(Not the type, the creature)
    Werewolves(Rare, but I still see them)

But then a big backslash came when I saw people trying to rp as angels, demons and wendigos because they were religious and mythological creatures.

Banned List

• Wendigo
    Angel
    Devil
    Zombie
    Demigod
    etc.

This is extremely confusing by now and it just needs to be sorted out in my personal opinion.

b) Drugs and Alcohol.
Okay so I know obviously there is an issue with drugs and you are not meant to be discussing it, but I see people made drug references a lot, and nothing happens, but then another person does it and suddenly it is an issue. A fruther issue is alchohol. I dont understand if it is banned or not. To ban alcohol in kingdom would be like taking away castles. It takes away the point and realism(There is some realism in kingdom) which wrecks the roleplay. So is Alcohol and furthermore becoming intoxicated banned or not?

The last request I would like to make is for the rules on the forum thread to be updated, and for the AmphyRp rules doc to also be updated.

I understand this might have come across as slightly demanding or rude by the end of this, but that was not the intention.
Cruella
Driver
Driver

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Clarity of Rules.

Post by Hydre(Hydreigon) on Mon Feb 22, 2016 4:04 am

Alcohol seems... Fine. I don't know, to be honest. Drugs are a no-go, but alcholo in mature rps like kingdom can improve the realism. Unsure about it in prom or pokehigh, for example.

sig links:

Hydre(Hydreigon)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Alisae on Mon Feb 22, 2016 6:12 am

I could see Alcohol not being allowed in the room in general. You have to consider the age of the majority of the users being a factor. Also the "increases the realism in kingdom" isn't really a valid argument. If you need Alcohol in kingdom to improve the realism, then the DM (I call them DMs, you call them hosts. Potayo, potahto), did not build the world that well. If the world isn't well-built, then of course it's going to be unrealistic.

And quite frankly, realistic or not doesn't matter. It's realistic for your character because your character is currently living in that time period.
Alisae

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkClaw(weavile) on Mon Feb 22, 2016 7:02 am

Firstly, gonna bump Alisae on that one, about the younger audience comment.
RIP my bartender OC XD

DarkClaw(weavile)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hydre(Hydreigon) on Mon Feb 22, 2016 8:08 am

Ps! is supposedly 13+ years old only. At this age, you're supposed to know what is alcohol, even without drinking it. And eh, when you have people making 3 parags bold about someone's guts exploding. i think drinking a glass of red wine is ok.

sig links:

Hydre(Hydreigon)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cruella on Mon Feb 22, 2016 9:32 am

To clarify, I agree with it being banned in prom and the is understandable to me. I dont see why it would be in pokehigh anyway but people let teachers having inappropriate relationships and abusing students go past so who knows. Because Prom generally aims to stick to what it is, and allowing fights and alcohol does distract from the point, yeah I agree against alcohol there. As for the my argument with Alcohol in kingdom, for the last two or so years I have been here, it has been deemed okay in kingdom and I have never seen anyone get pulled up for it, but I am hearing things now about it suggesting it isnt. And as Hydre said, ps is a pg13 site. You allow people to get slaughtered in mm and to get stabbed up and everything, but suddenly wine is an issue? I 100% agree with drugs and all the being banned, not trying to contest that, just saying I see it slide past a lot. If you are accusing hosts of not being able to do a good job because they allow Alcohol within their kingdoms to enhance it, that is a lot of hosts who apparently dont do a good job.

Once again, this is just my personal opinion and be sure to provide feedback if you want.
Cruella
Driver
Driver

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Alisae on Mon Feb 22, 2016 12:12 pm

Hydre(Hydreigon) wrote:At this age, you're supposed to know what is alcohol, even without drinking it. And eh, when you have people making 3 parags bold about someone's guts exploding. i think drinking a glass of red wine is ok.
People don't even know the effects of drinking alcohol or whats that like. They try too hard to be drunk when really they should be trying to act like they aren't drunk. What you described is unreal.

Cruella wrote:And as Hydre said, ps is a pg13 site.
LMAO best comment I heard all day. The community of PS certainly does not act like it's pg13. Plus, who's going to stop a 12 year-old or an 11 year-old from going on a cite about pokemon? If PS was really PG13, you would probably have to confirm your age before logging in, and you don't. Even if that was a thing, you would probably have a lot of users faking their ages. The way the community handles itself, PG13 is definitely how I would not describe it.

Cruella wrote:You allow people to get slaughtered in mm and to get stabbed up and everything, but suddenly wine is an issue?... If you are accusing hosts of not being able to do a good job because they allow Alcohol within their kingdoms to enhance it, that is a lot of hosts who apparently dont do a good job.
I'm not saying the host needs to allow it to make their world believable, I'm just saying if RPers need it to make it real, then the host didn't do a good job. And quite frankly, I do believe a lot of hosts could make their worlds a lot more better.
Alisae

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hydre(Hydreigon) on Mon Feb 22, 2016 1:51 pm

Alisae wrote:
Cruella wrote:And as Hydre said, ps is a pg13 site.
LMAO best comment I heard all day. The community of PS certainly does not act like it's pg13. Plus, who's going to stop a 12 year-old or an 11 year-old from going on a cite about pokemon? If PS was really PG13, you would probably have to confirm your age before logging in, and you don't. Even if that was a thing, you would probably have a lot of users faking their ages. The way the community handles itself, PG13 is definitely how I would not describe it.

PG13 site =/= everyone is 13. I mean, that's quite obvious not everyone in the room is, BUT since they are SUPPOSED to be, then they have to bid with it, like it or not.

sig links:

Hydre(Hydreigon)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkClaw(weavile) on Mon Feb 22, 2016 4:07 pm

Guys, the matter of fact is not PS, but the room itself.
During some age or another, the mods decided to replace the older audience with way younger people, and we've gotta respect that decision,
hence the excessive gore ban, alchohol, etc.
The fact is, people (inclusive to auth) nowadays are simply not mature enough to deal with topics such as these.

DarkClaw(weavile)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dreaming Asriel on Mon Feb 22, 2016 4:22 pm

DarkClaw(weavile) wrote:Guys, the matter of fact is not PS, but the room itself.
During some age or another, the mods decided to replace the older audience with way younger people, and we've gotta respect that decision,
The fact is, people (inclusive to auth) nowadays are simply not mature enough to deal with topics such as these.

Furthermore, the room really needs help.
Dreaming Asriel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Alisae on Mon Feb 22, 2016 9:02 pm

Dreaming Asriel wrote:
DarkClaw(weavile) wrote:Guys, the matter of fact is not PS, but the room itself.

Furthermore, the room really needs help.
Nope, it is PS. If you think the RP community is bad, I heard it was way worse from a friend. Yes the room really needs help, and It's not that the auth aren't mature enough to deal with topics, it's that they have to play to their audience.
Alisae

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Articuno on Mon Feb 22, 2016 11:23 pm

Hi everyone, as you may or may not know, our room rules have been updated to clarify a bit more. The rule for Freeroam is now that no outside fandoms whatsoever are allowed, which means things like vampires or werewolves are not allowed. However, that doesn't mean you can't be creative with your characters. Arti, for instance, is a humanoid embodiment of Articuno, so while she isn't necessarily a 'witch' or a Pokemon, she doesn't break outside fandom rules because she is based entirely on what I perceive a decent Articuno could be.

The main thing I think would rectify the issue about mythical creatures is that you shouldn't refer to your character as such. It's all right if something like a Swanna gijinka is based off an angel or something, but trying to actually be an angel character wouldn't be really acceptable because that sort of creature doesn't really exist in the Pokemon world, if you know what I mean.

To address the issue of alcoholism and drugs, I have to point out that staff isn't capable of seeing everything, so references to such may be passed over. However, all mentions of illegal substances (cocaine, meth, etc.) are definitely not allowed. Alcoholism is borderline okay where appropriate. Specifically, if you're in a pub in Kingdom then yeah, have a drink. A glass of wine to relieve stress is also all right. The issue we see is people trying to put alcohol in punch at Prom or something, which is illegal and stupid. 

That's generally why we discourage trying to play a character with alcoholism or religious themes. Those themes are generally more mature, and given that the average users of the room are not at that level, we would rather avoid controversy. They don't have the experience to accurately portray what it'd be like to be struggling with drink or gambling (hell, most people don't even know what Prom is like...). 

PS being a PG-13 site simply means we cannot allow anything too extreme. PG-13 movies, for instance, still contain swearing and drinking, but not excessive gore or similar. We do also have to keep in mind that many of the users are younger, which is why we allow certain things but disallow others. Hopefully that cleared some confusion up. If there are still any concerns, feel free to PM me.

Room Owner

Crascking the ban whip
Stop stalking.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cruella on Tue Feb 23, 2016 1:47 am

Alright. Thanks Arti. Glad to see the suggestion being acknowledged and for the rules being clarified. Should make things a lot fairer and understandable now.
Cruella
Driver
Driver

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkClaw(weavile) on Tue Feb 23, 2016 3:27 am

That clears things up.
*Revives bartender oc*

DarkClaw(weavile)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Fraction on Tue Feb 23, 2016 6:04 am

This answered a lot of questions. 

since it was me who asked about drugs and alcohol in amphy in the first place.

But thanks.
Fraction
Voice
Voice

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next