Main's Infinite Cycle

Go down

Main's Infinite Cycle

Post by Shuffle The Ampharos on Thu Feb 25, 2016 4:21 pm

So, as you all likely know, there has been a change that Kingdom, Prom and Cruise no longer count as freeroam variants and thus can be run seperately.
This has overthrown the previous cycle, which was FR - CQ - MM, which I was alright with actually. It had some variety in it. Do whatever you want, show of how good/bad you are at Pokemon, try to find who did what, and then we do it again.
But now the cycle is FR - Prom - Cruise, which has no variety in it. It's do what you want, do what you want at a ball, and then do what you want on a boat. It annoys people who've been in main before this change to no end, because the sheer lack of variety bores them and eventually makes them leave the room or wait until Amphy opens.
I didn't think up the idea to fix this on my own, Hydre actually thought of it, but I thought I'd leave it here so staff can see it and maybe do something with it.
So, the idea was to re-open Rusty as a room where only freeforms can be run. And then ban freeforms from Main.
This is really a win-win for everyone, as the vets get their normal room back, and the people who just want to freeroam can do that.
i'm actually a bit nervous about this, since this is the first time I'm doing something like this, but oh well.
Shuffle The Ampharos

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Main's Infinite Cycle

Post by PyrrhonWheatley on Thu Feb 25, 2016 4:32 pm

I think that 2 things need to occur

-Make Pokehigh a freeform

-Take all freeforms but FR out of main

At least there's a CHANCE to do something different
PyrrhonWheatley

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Alisae on Thu Feb 25, 2016 4:45 pm

A. You're spelling boat wrong. It's B-O-T-E. Get your facts straight. #Botemasterace
B. I have a neutral opinion on the topic, as I don't RP in the room itself anymore.
C. Believe it or not, there is a TON of variety in those RPs. You just have to create the variety. Do something different one RP, do another different thing. And occasionally, you have to remember that this happens because people LIKE those RPs. And the cycle is constantly being broken, but I do understand this is generally what it transforms into. But people like them, because with freedom comes variety.
D. Banning all of the main Freeroam variants and moving them to Rusty would not work. Or moving them anywhere for that matter. Amphy's purpose is for customs, and Rusty's purpose is for scheduled RPs, and an overflow room. What are you suggesting, a 4th room? Sorry, I don't think thats going to happen anytime soon. And main is where everyone goes. It should be the main attraction, featuring everything.
E. The only reason why pokehigh seems freeform is because the community is bad at RPing. AKA, it's something that's great in theory, messy in practice. In theory, it is a structured RP. And it still is. In practice, it's messy, making it look like a freeform. Clearly, you have never hosted it, otherwise you would understand the structure behind it.
Alisae

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shuffle The Ampharos on Thu Feb 25, 2016 5:12 pm

Either I'm not in Rusty enough, which is very possible, or no scheduled RPs seem to happen anymore, just some place for people to go on weekends when Main overflows.
Shuffle The Ampharos

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Fraction on Thu Feb 25, 2016 5:14 pm

The thing is, most people don't take roleplaying 'seriously' and rather do it for fun. Which is alright, we shouldn't be judging people for liking freeforms more than structured RPs.
Fraction
Voice
Voice

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shuffle The Ampharos on Thu Feb 25, 2016 5:24 pm

Fraction wrote:The thing is, most people don't take roleplaying 'seriously' and rather do it for fun. Which is alright, we shouldn't be judging people for liking freeforms more than structured RPs.
Mhm, guess you do have a point there.
Shuffle The Ampharos

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rico on Thu Feb 25, 2016 6:22 pm

We did know this would happen initially. We'd like to give the room a few days before considering whether this will be a problem or not. At present, a lot of this could be attributed to people simply being excited at the opportunity to do those RPs ALL the time. We're hoping this will diminish.

If it doesn't, don't worry. We're keeping an eye on things, which is why this system was listed as "Temporary". It's entirely possible we'll go back to how things were originally, or we might stick with how it is now. We may even find a middle ground and remove specific RPs from the variant rule, or introduce more variant groups.

Edit: Also we are never having a freeroam only room. Ever.
Rico
Room Owner
Room Owner

Swinging the Ban Hammer
Keep Stalking.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hydre(Hydreigon) on Thu Feb 25, 2016 7:40 pm

Wasn't Rusty supposed to be FR only?

sig links:

Hydre(Hydreigon)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shuffle The Ampharos on Thu Feb 25, 2016 8:14 pm

It was, but then former opened the HTML inbox one day and it turned out to be a joke.
Shuffle The Ampharos

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Celeste13 on Sat May 07, 2016 10:34 am

I feel like I Roleplaying on Smogden less each day, and some days not at all due to the cycles. The former Freeroam variants seem to get endpolled less, and so they are often an hour in when I log in. I feel like I shouldn't start playing if a session is already an hour in.

Celeste13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum