We need your opinion!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Should Prom, Cruise and Kingdom stay FR Vraiants or Not.

51% 51% 
[ 19 ]
49% 49% 
[ 18 ]

Total Votes : 37

We need your opinion!

Post by SSW on Sat Feb 27, 2016 1:15 pm

So recently Prom , Cruise, and Kingdom are not Freeroam variants. I have been completely angered by this because from FR To MM to CQ has ended a more cancerous cycle started. FR Prom Kingdom/Cruise has been going on according to a user for 4 consecutive days. I asked people about their opinions on this change
[12:07:21] Mettaton EX Live!: It's a little bogus. Prom and Cruise are literally going to happen 24/7 if this stays. Kingdoms are scarce, however-- it should be fine as being labelled as not a variant.
[12:10:09] Smol trash child: I'll give you my opinion in a few posts
[12:10:10] Smol trash child: SHIT
[12:10:11] Smol trash child: SHIT
[12:10:12] Smol trash child: SHIT
[12:10:12] Smol trash child: SHIT
[12:10:13] Smol trash child: SHIT
[12:10:13] Smol trash child: SHIT
[12:10:14] Smol trash child: SHIT
[12:10:15] Smol trash child: SHIT
[12:11:26] SupaDupaPikaPowah: I believe Kingdom is fine on its own, but Prom and Cruise should be voided back
Now I want to hear from you, Should Prom, Cruise and Kingdom stay FR Variants? or Should they be the way they used to be? (plz don't ban me I is cool kid)

Last edited by SSW on Sat Feb 27, 2016 1:56 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Need to add another poll option)
SSW

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: We need your opinion!

Post by Dreaming Asriel on Sat Feb 27, 2016 1:25 pm

SSW wrote:[12:07:21] Mettaton EX Live!: It's a little bogus. Prom and Cruise are literally going to happen 24/7 if this stays. Kingdoms are scarce, however-- it should be fine as being labelled as not a variant.

And SSW actually asked me already :^)
Dreaming Asriel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hydre(Hydreigon) on Sat Feb 27, 2016 1:31 pm

Kingdom is, honestly, fine not being a variant. However, Cruise/Prom must stay FR variants for the time being/Freeforms. Main has become a very cringy cycle of FR/Prom/Cruise-MM with the VERY occasional CQ somewhere in between. Notice how that Trainer, PMD, GvE and the many other RPs are barely voted anymore, if at all.

Yes, you'll say, 'But you can vote the RP you want, to get it happening'. However, the problem is, right now, that the 'minority' of RPers NOT wanting another freeform RP after one happened has to RP in a freeform, over and over. This minority itself isn't, as well, considering that once summed up, the votes of non-freeform often are higher than the ones for freeforms. And, no, agreeing for everyone to vote for a RP JUST TO defeat a freeform isn't sane for the room. At least, this is my opinion.

What I can propose as of now, is changing the whole void system into this : Once a Freeform RP is voted, the following RP cannot be a Freeform. FR, Cruise and Prom are all three freeforms, but not FR variants. Kingdom isn't a FR variant either, and will be removed from the freeform RPs considering it gets a structure, and is sometimes ran really close to what a good PokeHigh can be. Considering Kingdom a freeform is like considering CQ a freeform, in its current state.

TL:DR : Prom, Cruise are kept freeform, Kingdom isn't. A new void system so that 2 freeforms can't be voted one after the other, at least for main.

sig links:

Hydre(Hydreigon)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by LargeJellopy on Sat Feb 27, 2016 3:30 pm

I say we give it a bit more of time. It's, currently, a novelty that we have the capability to even do this new cycle, and even now I already see it simmer down a bit. Just a few days ago, the freeforms were spammed more than they are right now.

If I'm to have further say on the matter, I can even give you the opinion that the possibility of this freeform cycle can be beneficial for the room's emptier moments. Not always somewhere willing to host is online at the time of the polls, and the cycle's existence guarantees that, even if no one such person appears, you can have at least some way to RP to breath some more life in the room's deader hours.

I'm on the belief that, in due time, people will not be longer so impressed by the possibility of doing the Freeform cycle - they'll get tired of the similar premises, they'll already have quenched their thirst (heh) for Prom and Cruise (the latter of which was extremely rare when voided by the other freeforms), and come back to voting the more structured RPs.

We have until April for this to happen, and make no mistake, even though I love the freeforms, even I don't stand back-to-back freeforming that well. That said, the waiting time is there for this reason; we'll see if the room truly does become, in the long term, as unidimensional as it seems. If, and only if, it does, then I'd agree with a backing off from the experiment. In the case this happens, I'd think Hydre's solution of "No 2 freeforms in a row" is a good choice, as it doesn't drown the room in FR while assuring Cruise (and Prom) get some spotlight and helping to bring the dead hours some more guaranteed life.

Also, how come Kingdom is considered freeform when it's about as borderline about it as Pokéhigh, which isn't freeform? Don't do this imo.
LargeJellopy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Marshall De Vos on Sun Feb 28, 2016 6:39 am

Hydre(Hydreigon) wrote:
TL:DR : Prom, Cruise are kept freeform, Kingdom isn't. A new void system so that 2 freeforms can't be voted one after the other, at least for main.

How many puppies do I have to sacrifice to the greater demons to make this the occasion?
Marshall De Vos
Voice
Voice

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hydre(Hydreigon) on Sun Feb 28, 2016 7:54 am

Marshall De Vos wrote:
Hydre(Hydreigon) wrote:

How many puppies do I have to sacrifice to the greater demons to make this the occasion?

None, backing up this idea would be enough Smile

sig links:

Hydre(Hydreigon)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Roy on Mon Oct 17, 2016 7:45 pm

I personally think they should be FR variants.

Why you might ask and annoy me?

Well one thing is... they don't have a valid "plot." So what does that mean you ask me again? Well, taking Kingdom for instance, you're really not required to... play by the "rules." No I am not saying g0d mode all day everyday, I am saying that what you do for the rp is your choice. In rps such as MM, you're required to follow the group as in Kingdom, you can find a good pal and make your story line as you go, on the other hand in MM, its what the host came up with. Make sense? Probably not, but lets continue~

One thing I hear about is... "They have docs, so they CAN'T be a variant! Duhhh!" Well the reason why they have docs is... to basically show what you can be--"BUT ROY! IF THEY SHOW YOU WHAT YOU CAN BE, ITS NOT A 'FREEROAM' NOW IS IT?" Please shut up filler text and let me finish. The docs are basically there to keep the limits. Annnd what does that mean? Glad ya asked. So before I start ranting again, I am just going to say, I don't rp in cruise, and for the 1 and a half long year I've been here (with my other alt of course), I don't think I ever rp'ed in cruise, so in that case, I am using Kingdom as my example. So as I was saying, they use a doc to keep boundaries up. To make sure no-one is rping as a I don't know uhh... Think taxi driver(?) in Kingdom.

To sum up my ranting, they should be FR Variants, mainly because they ARE variants! They are the same type of rp, just different theme. Before I get killed now and burnt by you people, I am going to end it here.

~Roy

Roy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Allyson(Ninetales) on Wed Oct 19, 2016 10:00 am

In the past, I wouldn't hesitate to actually say: "Put back Cruise, Prom and Kingdom as FR variants. They're all the same anyways!"
But in the present, Prom is gone, Cruise is a totally different RP than it was before, Kingdom is totally out of the options and there are now 3 void RPs instead of 2

During the times people see me do nothing but do polls for the room or hang out or ladder, I actually saw a few things I didn't know or totally understand before.
We don't want to admit it but FR, Kingdom and Cruise keeps the room alive along with Conquest, PokeHigh and Murder Mystery. I just mentioned the popular RPs that contribute to make the room livelier. I know it's irritating to see FR and Cruise following up each other, but it's the reason we got 3 voids now. This helps us try the other RPs we didn't realize were enjoyable like Good vs Evil, Dungeons n' Dragonites, Trainer and some of the famous customs that ran many times.

By separating the FR variants, this helps the room feel more lively. I wish you guys understand the point there. And I think we all know this: 'If you don't want to roleplay, you're not forced to participate in it'
Allyson(Ninetales)
Voice
Voice

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top