Pokemon and the Benighted Light! [PMD RP - Open]

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Pokemon and the Benighted Light! [PMD RP - Open]

Post by Illario on Wed Mar 02, 2016 12:00 am

(jeez how many of these are there) (idk dude)

Pokemon and the Benighted Light!

The Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP created by a dragonite.

Setting:
The land consists of two major regions: Falcia located at the southern end of the continent and consisting mostly of wildwood and large desert-like biomes, and Rausten in the northeastern end, sporting a cold climate opposite of the neighboring region with similarly large forests and many caverns running above and underground. The entire location seems to have been off the radar for quite some time and only recently has any explorer made significant notice and exploration of the regions, though an official map of the area still has yet to be made; areas which remain uncovered are noted by large clouds drawn over it in the traditional style. The connection globe has yet to be updated with the location as of now, though this status may change in the future.

Deep within the two regions, there have been rumors spread from generation to generations; tales telling of an ancient myth where light becomes shadow, dooming two worlds to merge and resulting in a wide scale battle like none before. Yet those are only rumors, and that's all they're ever treated as.

Falcia
Home to many different species of Pokemon young and old, this bustling region has recently become extremely popular with tourists and foreign explorers. In the five few years it's been made known, Falcia has grown far more technologically advanced in comparison to its northern neighbor. It, too, remains mostly unexplored and marketplaces are still in the works of being finalized.

Woodhaerst Town
A surprisingly busy town as of late. Despite it's recently bustling population, Woodhaerst remains as sweet and friendly to strangers as ever! It's the perfect place to raise a family, with tons of different Pokemon to meet and a rather easygoing lifestyle to live. You can also find the Woodhaerst Guild here! It's well-known in Falcia for being accepting and kind to all visitors-- though, perhaps a bit too lenient thanks to their nonchalant and lazy guild master. The shops seem to be pretty overpriced, too... guess no place is perfect.

------------

Rausten
If one is willing to make the hike north, they'll eventually come across the border seperating the two lands leading into the land of Rausten. This location is most often caught in hailstorms and its population is far more scarce in comparison to Falcia. Few outsiders are willing to make the venture, though the ones who do never seem to want to leave; a mystery that, too, has yet to be solved alongside many others. It's known for its far more harsh terrain giving birth to incredibly powerful pokemon and a far more unforgiving wilderness.

Crullfeld
Although it remains far less civilized compared to Falcia, the town is crime-free contrary to popular belief from foreigners. This is due to the incredibly strict law within the city, enforcing tight restrictions on its civilians and fair yet unforgiving laws. Although there are many here, most are either seeking refuge from the chaos of the outside or are the criminals to blame hiding from the law, seeking a warm home to outlast the night. The official Guild of Rausten is the entire government force running the city, consisting of highly advanced soldiers skilled in a wide variety of rules, whether it be exploration, arrest, or rescue, though the last is unlikely to happen at best. The shops are surprisingly fair, and as long as you're in city boundaries your possessions will be guarenteed safety.

[Related Locations] None Discovered.

[Stores] Dragoon Lagoon: Well, it certainly comes with its own charm... Dragoon Lagoon stands out for being a bit less 'advanced' compared to other locations. It's pretty much just a red rug, a Dragonite sitting on top of it and a sign that reads "Dragoon Lagoon". Although it's most often stationed in Falcia or Rausten, Isis is literally a walking shop, so its location is entirely dependent on where he is. It sells randomized items whether it be TMs, Orbs, or Seeds.

How do I join:

It's simple! All you have to do is properly fill out these guidelines:

Name:
Appearance:
Homeland: (Falcia/Rausten/Other)
Current Location: Woodhaerst/Crullfeld
Reputation: (Explorer (if so, whether it's Rausten Guild or Woodhaerst), Villager, Outlaw)
Nature: (whichever sums up your character's personality best. a sentence describing why you chose this as well~)
Personality:
Background:
Additional Details:

Then if it's accepted by me you wait for the RP to start (if it hasnt by the time you're reading this) and hopefully i'll get to starting things up soon. You'll be starting in the selected region, so be prepared for that and all that jazz. oh and i'll be updating this with more info once the RP actually begins because obviously this isn't all there is to the RP. or maybe i'll make a separate thread idk.

Rules:

1) All showdown rules apply. Failure to follow the rules will result in penalties harsher with each offense.
2) Participants must start off as their first possible level of evolution. Legendaries are not permitted.
3) Try to keep your posts easy to read, understandable, and gramatically correct! A few mistakes are fine, just make sure it's readable, y'know?
4) Be kind to your fellow roleplayers and be patient with others, especially the host because yknow work.
5) Battles within the narrative quite obviously take place in roleplaying format. For this reason, if you're battling with a friend, you should follow the rules on Godmodding/Powerplaying/etc. to avoid any possible issues with others. Though keep in mind that all decisions that can't be put to an end between yourselves will be done by the host.
6) Mega Evolutions will be available further down, so don't you worry your pretty little faces about that.
7) I don't think I need to say this, but just as a reminder: Try to keep lewd/inappropriate content out and try to refrain from things you wouldn't want your child to see. Like, grab a cabbage patch kid and treat it as your own, then think of its eyes being tainted by immature content. Awful, right? Right.

NPC Relationships:

Falcia

[Guildmaster Dragonite] None.
[Elder Alakazam] None.
[Advisor Goodra] None.

Rausten

[Iron Giant] None.

(be gentle on me this is my first forum rp creation)

Last edited by Illario on Fri Jun 03, 2016 10:22 pm; edited 3 times in total
Illario
Driver
Driver

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Pokemon and the Benighted Light! [PMD RP - Open]

Post by 13InHeaven on Wed Mar 02, 2016 6:45 am

The first joined!

Name: Limber
Pokemon: Hawlucha
Appearance: Same as average. Except the feathers on his wings, they are blue.
Homeland: Lands of Krestona
Current Location: Crullfeld
Nature: Calm, very calm. (Gosh he was alone for 7 years! Duh!)
Personality: Shy (but not in battle), Friendly, Mostly looks neutral emoted.
Background: (Oh, no. Here we go again...) On a cold day Limber hatched from a egg. Just after that, his mother died. His father learned him little things, but he became ill and died too.
Little Limber was alone for 7 years, trying to avoid the worlds bad side.

And after these 7 years, when he was 10, he met a Fennekin which took him into her hotel and cared for him. <Ahem, they fell in love.>

THE END. (Sniff, sniff.)
Additional Details: His aura is able to read souls, so no one can lie to him! But he's nice, so.

I hope to get accepted.

Desmond The Moon Bear:
How did I get here?

THE END
13InHeaven

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Illario on Fri Mar 04, 2016 9:11 pm

you're accepted and all that fancy jazz. here have a cookie.
Illario
Driver
Driver

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Candiies on Sat Mar 05, 2016 3:27 am

Name: Marsail

Pokemon: Persian

Appearance: Similar to any other Persian, save for the gem on her head being an amethyst color rather than red.

Homeland: Falcia

Nature: Careful, I guess. It'd be because she has a tendency to over-analyze things in fear that something bad will happen.

Personality: In general, she's a rather... aloof Pokemon? Marsail prefers to keep her conversations short, using only brief phrases or even just gestures to communicate. Again, as said above, she also unnecessarily analyzes situations or objects even when there's virtually no need (especially in Crullfeld) because she's constantly worrying behind her also-constant stony face. When something's occurring, Marsail will only act if her own life or any of her valuables are potentially in danger, and having only recently moved to Crullfeld for business, she doesn't have to worry about any friends or relatives. Only occasionally is she kind or at least not curt, and it only ever happens when she's putting up a cold facade or acting passive-aggressive.... sort of? Does that even makes sense?

Background: Eh, not much out of the ordinary stuff going on here, other than one key personality development point. Marsail was originally an explorer with her own ragtag group of unofficial explorers similar to her, but... They were pretty shady, you know? So, long story short, they turned their backs on her when the group's life was in danger, also ran off with all of her stuff, 'one thing led to another', and now she's a shop owner that really doesn't come to trust other Pokemon all that easily.

Additional Details: So... I guess she's a merchant in Crullfeld, then.

Last edited by Candiies on Sat Mar 05, 2016 3:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Candiies

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by 13InHeaven on Sat Mar 05, 2016 6:03 am

Eats cookie.

Nomnomnomnom
13InHeaven

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Illario on Sat Mar 05, 2016 3:48 pm

candiis is also accepted, but i dont think you need a cookie because you're candy

i think???

oh well
Illario
Driver
Driver

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Halohbottech on Sun Mar 06, 2016 1:37 am

Name: Haloh "The Swagmeister" Witzchev
Pokemon: "Really?" - Mareep
Appearance: Shiny, but with silver fur instead of white, and with his jewels being deep purple instead of blue- kind of like he had them replaced with amethysts.
Homeland: "The Magical Land of Oz!" - The Continent of Everlasting Trees (git on my level scrubs)
Nature: "You can't handle my swagger! It's no use!" - If you remember me then you know why I'm here. to bring the much needed swankifying and love that comes from the almighty Amphagod. Praise be with you child.

Personality: Swagalicious. Besides that, however, he's impetuous and silly, finding humor in the smallest of things, and pointing them all out to see. While he demands to be respected and revered as the strongest Mareep in the world, whose fist will "pierce the heavens", he's actually quite weak an pathetic. Give him time though. Because if you don't, he'll find you. He's known very, very well for his ability to hold a grudge, so watch your back.

Background: Born in the far off region of [REDACTED], this particular Mareep has had... an interesting life. To make things short and simple, he was subject to abuse by his mother until an unspecified age, and at said unspecified age, his eldest brother killed his eldest sister, tried to kill him and his fellow siblings, but was stopped because plot reasons. (Dead sister's final Healing Wish was to send her family far away from the monster that killed her.) Woke up in a thick redwood forest with no memory and was trained by a trio of Hitmon brothers - Hitmonlee, Hitmonchan, and Hitmontop. Was under Lee's tutelage before "leveling up" to Chan's training. It was under his new master's tutelage that he was sent into the world on various quests to discover hidden objects, defeat bad dudes, and generally be an awesome dude. Most recently, he's been sent to go investigate Rausten because reasons. (Hitmonchan kind of wants to relocate, and wants someplace challenging. Okay?)
Additional Details: Refer to me solely as Haloh or perish. His themes are: On Top Of the World - Imagine Dragons (Main Theme), and Disconnected - Pegaboard Nerds (Battle Theme).
Halohbottech

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Illario on Sun Mar 06, 2016 8:22 pm

haloh is accepted as well.

... how dare you not list a legitimate nature you butt
Illario
Driver
Driver

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Halohbottech on Sun Mar 06, 2016 9:46 pm

shushimenush

ah don't have a nature u dwagon
Halohbottech

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Illario on Tue Mar 08, 2016 9:14 pm

alright. i'm planning on getting this running starting on Friday, so yeah. that. i'll also probably be updating a bit of information along the week so things dont look as cookie-cutter (i made this late at night and i was desperate kek)

until then, hang on tight~
Illario
Driver
Driver

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by aspirinaddict on Thu Mar 17, 2016 7:40 pm

deleted

Last edited by aspirinaddict on Wed Apr 13, 2016 9:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
aspirinaddict

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Service♥Puppy on Sat Mar 19, 2016 9:37 am

Name: Zach
Pokemon: Shinx
Appearance: I fail to provide a picture for a shinx, I'm sorry, smite me for I have sinned. He looks like any other shinx aside from a little black bowtie accessory under his chin, along with some black glasses atop his head.
Homeland: Rausten
Nature: Jolly

Personality: He is a happy go lucky pokemon that enjoys playing with the other pokemon. He has a tendency to rough house, and loves to practice exploration

Background: He's an innocent pokemon, having been bored in Crullfeld under some of the only non strict parents in the place. He follows the laws ... sort of... rigidly, but still enjoys to play around. Sometimes he gets too rough and may nip other pokemon a tad too hard. He aspires to be a explorer and cheers any explorer going out to adventure on. He is a bit of a deviant, sometimes going out to dungeons that he clearly is told not to go to. Due to this, he could be considered a "troublemaker" by some of the other villagers. (This is so cliche but there just has to be one of these)

Additional Details: I am planning on this character to join either one of the guilds. His local one if they are lenient enough to let him in, and the other as a last resort. This Shinx's parents are retired explorers of the Rausten guild, but they're pretty relaxed.
Service♥Puppy

View user profile http://www.kongregate.com/accounts/ServicePuppy

Back to top Go down

Post by Illario on Sun Mar 20, 2016 6:07 pm

Accepted ServicePuppy and aspirinaddict. The RP will begin shortly.

remember to turn off your cellphones
Illario
Driver
Driver

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Illario on Sun Mar 20, 2016 6:09 pm

"... Haunter."

"Yes, milord?"

"Is today the day...?"

"... Yes, milord. But--"

"Good. Bring me the sorceress... there's no time to waste."

"... Yes, milord."

---------- THE ROLEPLAY BEGINS NOW! ----------

(remember only to roleplay in areas that your entry submission stated and to use OOC aka ((this)) when speaking out of character from this point on.)

Falcia:
Falcia

It's another day in Woodhaerst Town. The entire area is lit up with bright hues ranging from yellow to red, decorating the sky morning and night alike with a wonderful array of colors. Wooden homes are being cropped up due to a booming population, and therefore Machamp and Conkeldurr constructionists are sprung up in various areas around the city. Citizens are scattered in groups of a dozen pokemon each, crowding around the large Marshtomp Fountain while chatting amongst themselves in eager anticipation of what's to come. After all, the next big plan from the Woodhaerst Guild is about to be announced. What isn't there to be excited about?!

There seems to be mentioning of things such as the soon-to-arrive Guildmaster's identity and the possibility of another expedition and the like, referring to a supposed past expedition where they'd discovered a plentiful amount of gold! However, there's also rumor of targeting the Lightwood Forest; a location rumored to not only be guarded by a powerful legendary beast, but also be a target location for the rival guild from Rausten. Anticipation and unease has settled into the hearts of natives and tourists alike as the stage unfolds. Their restless chatter comes to a sudden end at the sound of a Bisharp guard's intimidating bark:

"Hush now! Guildmaster Dragonite and the remaining guild members are fast approaching!"

Rausten:
Rausten

Dawn has settled on the unforgiving lands of Crullfeld. Citizens awake, yet are hesitant to exit their homes without at first taking a glance to check the perimeter for danger. The cheers of outlaws can be heard booming from the bar down to the east of the city, the energy built within its walls never knowing of rest. The towns are built with whatever material can be scavenged whether it be wood or concrete, and the walls are always shut tightly with iron bars and wooden planks. This as well as many other lands which inhabit Rausten are victim to the cruelty of the law... and yet within the void of night, there is a glimmer of hope threatening the evil of the land.

An expedition from the Rausten Guild.

Typically the guild, despite their 'intentions' of bringing peace and prosperity to the land, consist of selfish and greedy individuals who have adapted to the cruelness of the land and watch only for themselves. However, there is one lone wolf who still holds the will of the people close to their heart: the Iron Giant. They occasionally complete missions and bounties and share the profit with the people whenever they can. This has earned the respect of their Guildmaster. They, despite having not seen for many years, are rumored to be the most powerful of all pokemon, their word absolute and abided by all. Little is known of them, though they are still feared and respected by all of Crullfeld.

The Iron Giant has accepted an expedition request from the Guildmaster, though as to what it is and when they plan to leave remains a mystery. The answer may reveal itself soon enough.
Illario
Driver
Driver

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by 13InHeaven on Mon Mar 21, 2016 3:53 am

Limber stretched and cracked his body awake.
"This trip really packed out well."
Limber washed himself and walked outside.
"Hurnerjsgr."
13InHeaven

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top