[CQ RMT] A tinge of frostbite. (Ice Warlord Team)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

[CQ RMT] A tinge of frostbite. (Ice Warlord Team)

Post by Allyson(Ninetales) on Wed Mar 02, 2016 11:12 am

Yo! Allyson here, I'm just waltzing around and found myself in a frostbite- no that was a joke, I'm dead if that happened. Anyways I suddenly found the urge to try Ice for some odd reason.

Cloyster @ Focus Sash  
Ability: Skill Link  
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe  
Jolly Nature  
- Icicle Spear  
- Rock Blast  
- Shell Smash  
- Dive/Razor Shell  
Cloyster. I think cloyster is a staple pokemon for every ice team, it is one of Ice's powerful potential sweepers, though Cloyster is very fragile and can be broken easily if misplayed. I think everyone knows this Cloyster moveset, except for the Dive change. Dive, a 2 turn move with 80 BP and 100% Accuracy. Dive is very helpful in many ways like having more accuracy than Razor Shell though less in power. Dive has its pros and cons. Dive may help the opponent set up once your cloyster surfaces but it's quite unexpected which sometimes shock most people and which I like. Razor Shell is a secondary and a more generic option with higher BP but lower accuracy.

Froslass @ Choice Specs  
Ability: Cursed Body  
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe  
Timid Nature  
- Ice Beam  
- Shadow Ball  
- Trick  
- Thunderbolt
"Allyson WTF is this?" Oh it's Specs Froslass. Yes I know that most aren't Froslass fans there, but I really remark froslass for her speed. I gave her Specs so that her 80 SpA could be felt more. She hits wonderfully and outspeed most non-scarf mons. Ice Beam and Shadow Ball are her main STAB moves while Thunderbolt keeps water-types in check. Her trick also shuts down stallers or set-up sweepers. Again Specs Froslass brings another element of surprise for the team.

Weavile @ Life Orb  
Ability: Pressure  
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe  
Jolly Nature  
- Ice Shard  
- Poison Jab
- Low Kick/Icicle Crash    
- Knock Off  
It's a bird! It's a plane! No wait... It's a weavile? Oh why are you shocked? Nothing can replace this baby, I mean look at that monstrous speed and respectable attack. This set is very-very-very generic and it's definitely not from Smogon. For circumstances I use Poison Jab to counter most fairies or Low Kick to counter steel types which are both annoying for our poor friend.

Kyurem-White @ Choice Scarf  
Ability: Turboblaze  
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe  
Timid Nature  
- Focus Blast  
- Ice Beam  
- Draco Meteor  
- Flash Cannon  
Scarf Kyu-White, I don't know why people were shocked to see this. Scarf Kyu-White is a very good sweeper being able to opponents mostly without fail. Kyu-White's set is also generic and expected but her speed with scarf is just too good that it makes her more than a potential threat.

Avalugg @ Leftovers  
Ability: Sturdy  
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def  
Impish Nature  
- Recover  
- Rapid Spin  
- Avalanche  
- Toxic  
It's Avalugg. Avalugg is the only viable rapid spinner for Ice. No Delibird is 4x rip to Rock, same thing with Articuno and Cryogonal get's ohko'd by everything due to being super brittle. I ran Toxic over Roar or Gyro because I wanna battle stallers in their own game. Otherwise his other 3 moves are generic and common enough for the human eyes.

Piloswine @ Eviolite  
Ability: Thick Fat  
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD  
Serious Nature  
- Bulldoze  
- Stealth Rock  
- Avalanche  
- Roar
Oh look another weird mon. This also shocked me why people do not know that Piloswine and Mamoswine have the same defenses with 80Def/60SpD but their difference is in the HP with 100HP to 110HP. I think 100/120/90 is better than 110/80/60. Piloswine doesn't work anything else but as a SR setter, but of course I have another weird set. Bulldoze+Roar, Bulldoze slows down sweepers so that I can make my other potential sweepers outspeed then kill them. Piloswine is no stall fan so he roars every staller out of the battle which helps weaken the opponent team by running through SR so many times.

Well yeah, I think this is all. I'd like to intake as much as all your suggestions.
Allyson(Ninetales)
Voice
Voice

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [CQ RMT] A tinge of frostbite. (Ice Warlord Team)

Post by Nebulous on Wed Mar 02, 2016 1:37 pm

Use icicle crash over poisin jab, poison jab Weavile is useless on ice.

Use fusion flare on Kyurem white over flash cannon.
Nebulous

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hydre(Hydreigon) on Wed Mar 02, 2016 3:02 pm

You can try rocky helmet avalugg as well, it is a huge stopping power and can surprise people. Here's my avalugg set :

Wanna (Avalugg) (F) @ Rocky Helmet
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Earthquake
- Recover
- Rock Slide
- Gyro Ball

To continue, as Neb said, fusion flare > flash cannon, and earth power > focus blast to plow through fire types and heatran.

Not recommending dive, since, you know, 2 turn moves are definitely not what you'll want against someone who knows how to punish things like that. At best, a trump card that will surprise and then used against you.

Overall, nice team, I don't like froslass but it seems usefull in your team (I use special abomasnow, so eh). Good luck Smile

sig links:

Hydre(Hydreigon)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Allyson(Ninetales) on Wed Mar 02, 2016 7:58 pm

Nebulous wrote:Use icicle crash over poisin jab, poison jab Weavile is useless on ice.

Use fusion flare on Kyurem white over flash cannon.
Jab is just to check fairy-types though I do know how Icicle Crash can kill up to 5 members of a team.
Hydre(Hydreigon) wrote:You can try rocky helmet avalugg as well, it is a huge stopping power and can surprise people. Here's my avalugg set :

Wanna (Avalugg) (F) @ Rocky Helmet  
Brave Nature  
IVs: 0 Spe  
- Earthquake  
- Recover  
- Rock Slide  
- Gyro Ball

To continue, as Neb said, fusion flare > flash cannon, and earth power > focus blast to plow through fire types and heatran.

Not recommending dive, since, you know, 2 turn moves are definitely not what you'll want against someone who knows how to punish things like that. At best, a trump card that will surprise and then used against you.

Overall, nice team, I don't like froslass but it seems usefull in your team (I use special abomasnow, so eh). Good luck Smile
Offensive Avalugg, ooh. I'll be replacing rock slide for rapid spin(i still need it DX) and Gyro for Avalanche for his main STAB move and I'm going to test if Bulldoze or Earthquake will be better for Avalugg.
For the Kyurem-White since you opened up some moves I didn't see in his moveset, I'll add both since they're good options, though it's sad that I have to say goodbye to my Steel type move that counter Fairy types which Kyurem-White fears.
Allyson(Ninetales)
Voice
Voice

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hydre(Hydreigon) on Thu Mar 03, 2016 4:05 am

Kyu-w will kill m-mawile, klefki with earthpower, whimsi and togekiss with ice beam. Flash cannon lacks BP to kill gardev(and mega), sylveon, xerneas and slurpuff, at least without specs. Also, I use cloyster as a rapid spinner x)

sig links:

Hydre(Hydreigon)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nebulous on Thu Mar 03, 2016 11:01 am

also many fairy types lack physical defense so icicle crash can get the job done
Nebulous

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top