Hello for you all.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Hello for you all.

Post by Samtendo09 on Mon Mar 07, 2016 1:36 pm

Hello, my name is Samtendo09, and I am new for this forum.

I started to roleplay in Pokemon Showdown's Roleplaying Room since about two months, but was in Pokemon Showdown quite about five years ago.

I do not know where I would be more frequent into which topics but I will make an OC page for my main OC, Samty Swampert Skurl. He is very often a normal Swampert. (Didn't make an image of him because I only have MS Paint, and you would not recommand that!)

I am also available in Smogon forum, Bulbapedia forum and a Fanon Wiki called Fantendo, with the same name.

My favorite RPs are: Murder Mystery, Pokemon Mystery Dungeon, and Good vs Evil. I had troubles to think for a plot in Freeroam and it's now seperated variations, Cruise and Prom.

If you want to give me any recommandations I would be glad to take them.

See you around for you all! Very Happy
Samtendo09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Hello for you all.

Post by Hydre(Hydreigon) on Mon Mar 07, 2016 2:24 pm

Hello for you too~ If I have a recommendation, it's to check the subforums, there are great things happening here. Over than that, uh, nothing I guess Very Happy

sig links:

Hydre(Hydreigon)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dreaming Asriel on Mon Mar 07, 2016 2:43 pm

Hydre(Hydreigon) wrote:Hello for you too~ If I have a recommendation, it's to check the subforums, there are great things happening here. Over than that, uh, nothing I guess Very Happy

Yes, yes, darling, like my existence~

That aside, welcome to the forums~!
Dreaming Asriel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by LargeJellopy on Mon Mar 07, 2016 4:26 pm

I'd seen, indeed, a recurring figure called Samty (Swampert)...
Nice to see you'll be around (and presumably more identifiable) the forums as well!

As for recommendations, I guess I'll share one about FR plots, since you stated having difficulty with those and I like to think I'm qualified to say things on this matter:
As long as you have a character with a personality, a goal, and a setting to pursue it in, you can do great on FR.

Take a generic Swampert, for instance. Even if the thing looks pretty laid-back, on their swampy homes, they might, at the most generic, most basic, need to:
-Hunt after something to eat (you could start interactions with other swampgoing OCs with that)
-Protect against swarms of stuff like Yanmega (maybe someone else would be interested in fending off the swarm)
-Look for a suitable mate (Seems quite straightforward and good for an excuse to throw the OC into Prom, can be used in FR too)
-Search for many boulders to protect their nests with upon sensing a storm (The Pokédex indicates they can do this; you could shelter someone else in the nest for the rain, and everyone knows how romantic that can be too~)

And an aggressive, hostile Swampert would be more likely to try and throw other mons outta their nests, a more tender one would care for lost swampgoers, a valiant one would protect them from predators like Feraligatr, etc.

And that didn't even get into possibilities like outsider mons causing some turmoil, the Swampert being tired of the swamp and trying to adapt to living elsewhere, child-rearing problems if the Swampert does take care of some Mudkips, the Swampert preferring company from mons other than its own kind, it trying to learn something, look for a certain item to ease its life or to lob at an unpleasant neighbor (depending on personality, etc.)...

So, I advise, as far as you got personality, goal, and setting, you can always spin up some kind of plot in FR.

May we meet later!
LargeJellopy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Samtendo09 on Mon Mar 07, 2016 5:42 pm

LargeJellopy wrote:I'd seen, indeed, a recurring figure called Samty (Swampert)...
Nice to see you'll be around (and presumably more identifiable) the forums as well!

As for recommendations, I guess I'll share one about FR plots, since you stated having difficulty with those and I like to think I'm qualified to say things on this matter:
As long as you have a character with a personality, a goal, and a setting to pursue it in, you can do great on FR.

Take a generic Swampert, for instance. Even if the thing looks pretty laid-back, on their swampy homes, they might, at the most generic, most basic, need to:
-Hunt after something to eat (you could start interactions with other swampgoing OCs with that)
-Protect against swarms of stuff like Yanmega (maybe someone else would be interested in fending off the swarm)
-Look for a suitable mate (Seems quite straightforward and good for an excuse to throw the OC into Prom, can be used in FR too)
-Search for many boulders to protect their nests with upon sensing a storm (The Pokédex indicates they can do this; you could shelter someone else in the nest for the rain, and everyone knows how romantic that can be too~)

And an aggressive, hostile Swampert would be more likely to try and throw other mons outta their nests, a more tender one would care for lost swampgoers, a valiant one would protect them from predators like Feraligatr, etc.

And that didn't even get into possibilities like outsider mons causing some turmoil, the Swampert being tired of the swamp and trying to adapt to living elsewhere, child-rearing problems if the Swampert does take care of some Mudkips, the Swampert preferring company from mons other than its own kind, it trying to learn something, look for a certain item to ease its life or to lob at an unpleasant neighbor (depending on personality, etc.)...

So, I advise, as far as you got personality, goal, and setting, you can always spin up some kind of plot in FR.

May we meet later!

Thanks alot for your help! I was even add some of things that a generic Swampert tend to have, though he lives in a cave for personal reasons. I will post his OC doc in the next week, as soon as possible, to see if he is worth as an OC. See ya! Very Happy
Samtendo09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryan Fitzmagic on Mon Mar 07, 2016 10:09 pm

Welcome to the forums! I think Jellopy got the whole advice thing covered
Ryan Fitzmagic
Driver
Driver

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Marshall De Vos on Tue Mar 08, 2016 6:50 am

Dreaming Asriel wrote:Yes, yes, darling, like my existence~

Help. Mettaton becomes sentient.

Jokes aside, nice seeing you around Samty!
Marshall De Vos
Voice
Voice

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shuffle The Ampharos on Tue Mar 08, 2016 10:58 am

Must. Resist. Being a grammar cop.
Welcome to the forums, Samtendo!
Shuffle The Ampharos

View user profile

Back to top Go down