Mega Evolution! Who do you think deserves it, and why?

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Mega Evolution! Who do you think deserves it, and why?

Post by Cruella on Sat Mar 19, 2016 12:27 am

Btw once enough people add megas, I will do one big poll at the end to see which one scores the best.
Cruella
Driver
Driver

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Service♥Puppy on Sat Mar 19, 2016 6:09 am

In all honesty...
Pokemon: Torterra
Appearance:

Reason: I know this is probably going to become a thing, but it would be such an awesome idea to give a beautiful mega evolution to such a magnificent pokemon. The whole concept of Torterra giving pokemon a place to LIVE really puts it in the top of my favorite pokemon, right alongside Luxray and Stunky. It is also very beautiful too, pretty much having a hillside as a shell and being a turtle in general (One of my more favorite pets).
Mega Typing: Grass/Ground
Mega Ability: Shell Armor (Great ability, why change it?)
Stat Increase/Decrease: I think that Torterra-Mega should have increase in both bulks alongside maybe a minor increase in hp. This will make it similar to the likes of Mega Slowbro, while it also may gain a decrease in speed and possibly attack, just to balance it out.
Service♥Puppy

View user profile http://www.kongregate.com/accounts/ServicePuppy

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlazzah on Sat Mar 19, 2016 9:53 am

Personally, there are a couple of pokemons that I think deserve a mega.

1. Rampardos

Reason: I believe rampardos has a good base design, it wouldn't take too much of Game Freak to make an even better mega design out of this guy. Plus, y'know, it does have the highest attack stat out of every non legend/mega out there.

Mega Typing: Mono Rock typing would fit it well, although depending on the design I can see it becoming Rock/Steel.

Mega Ability: Rock Head / Sheer Force

Stat Increase: Increasing it's overall bulk/attack and reducing it's speed, kinda like Mega Abomasnow, or even increasing it's speed and attack to allow a more offensive set via Rock Polish.

2. Weavile

Reason: This comes as no surprise, as I think people already expect this one to recieve a mega. Considering it's one of the more favourite ice types out of them all, and considering that GF does like to give mega evolutions to pokemons the majority of the community likes (Hello there Rayquaza), it would be somewhat disapointing if this fails to get a mega evolution by the time Gen 4 gets a remake.

Mega Typing: Dark/Ice is pretty self-explanatory.

Mega Ability: Weavile in itself is good, but it lacks a good ability to aid in it's offensive presence. Judging from it's design, the most obvious choice would have to be Tough Claws for it's mega ability.

Stat Increase: This is pretty much a no-brainer, increases in attack and speed and perhaps even a bit of defense / special defense.

3. Drapion

Reason: Honestly, I like this guy. It has a lot going for it that allows it to be a good pokemon: Good typing, great set-up moves, decent stats and bulk, and it's design is nothing to laugh at, at least in my opinion. It's all-around a pokemon that deserves a mega more than the rest.

Mega Typing: Dark/Poison is still a very good typing.

Mega Ability: Guts. I have yet to see a mega with this ability, including fan-made megas, and I feel like a set-up sweeper with guts is just something that would inspire more people to try out that pokemon out since there's nothing like it.

Stat Increase: 70/90/110/60/75/95 -> 70/130/120/60/105/115.

These are the three pokemons that I think deserve a mega, and since they're all from Gen 4, I do hope to see at least one of them with it.

Vlazzah
Driver
Driver

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Spyke (Gallade) on Fri Nov 25, 2016 11:07 am

Mega Machamp:

HAHA GET IT BECAUSE IT HAS A THOUSAND ARMS I'M HILARIOUS
Spyke (Gallade)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragonite99 on Fri Nov 25, 2016 5:09 pm

Mega Dragonite.

Pokemon: Dragonite
Mega appearance:
Appearance 1:
Appearance 2:
I also have my own but it's on lined paper so...
Reason?: Make Dragon-types great again! Not only is it my favourite Pokemon ever, but Dragonite is one of the oldest Dragon-types around, also one of the most powerful from Gen. 1. A lot of people have been looking forward to it and so have I. Even with D-Dance, sometimes it doesn't have the bulk or speed to take out other pokemon who can serve a threat to it. Maybe it just needs a wider move set in general? Iron Head and Iron Tail both don't have 100 accuracy ad I don't think it has any Poison moves to take out Fairy except HP.
Mega typing: Dragon-Flying, maybe even Dragon Psychic? It can fly around on its Psychic wings!
Mega ability: Aerilate, Huge Power, Multiscale. Maybe something to give it just a bit more bulk.
Stat increase and such: Speed and Attack, maybe a little of Special for those who run mixed like me. (But I don't play competitively often so...)
Dragonite99

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sceptile Named Energy on Fri Nov 25, 2016 6:17 pm

Despite this just coming out. I like so why not.
Pokemon: Incineroar
Appearance:
Reason: Incineroar is a mediocre Pokemon on its own so why not give it a little boost. I also find it weird that a below-the-belt is that slow.
Typing: Fire/Dark. This is the type everyone wanted, why get rid of it?
Ability: Contrary/Adaptability. Contrary just seems like it would fit Incineroar well. Adaptability would also work quite well too
Stats: 95/115/90/80/90/60 ---> 95/125/105/80/105/120

Number Two:
Pokemon: Excadrill
Appearance:
Reason: For one, it looks fantastic. And Excadrill could use a little boost to save itself from Aqua Jet and Mach Punch. Mainly because it would look cool as hell.
Mega Typing: Steel/Fighting or Ground/Fighting. Don't kill me for this. I think one of the two would work because it is a death machine, or at least that's what the picture portrays. And I would say Steel/Fighting works more to my taste, but then it loses STAB EQ. So this would be GF's choice.
Mega Ability: Confidence (No one said we couldn't make up our own abilities.): Everytime Excadrill defeats an enemy, its Attack or Defense gets raised by 1 stage.
Stat Increase: 110/135/60/50/65 ---> 110/140/100/50/95/85
The Sceptile Named Energy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Fenrir Aesir on Fri Nov 25, 2016 6:49 pm

I had so many ideas for this during Gen 6, so I may as well make use of some of them.

Raichu:
1. Raichu. As it's been continually overshadowed by its evolution, a Mega Evolution would finally give it the recognition it deserves. Then again, so would an Alolan form, but...anyway.

Unfortunately, my ability to draw and scan is lacking, so I'll do my best describing differences in appearance. The increased amounts of electricity coursing through Raichu's body give it black, jagged markings along its body, not unlike how Lucario gains markings due to an increased amount of aura. In order to better discharge this electricity, Raichu gains a second tail. Electricity is visibly moving along a path from the base of the tail to the ground, where Raichu keeps the tails planted unless it is using them to attack. Its ears also become pointed and sharply raked toward and beyond the back of its head. Raichu becomes exceptionally aggressive upon Mega Evolving, and it becomes concerned exclusively with defeating its opponent in any way possible.

Raichu's type becomes Electric/Dark upon Mega Evolving. From a design standpoint, this refers to the way it is willing to resort to any tactic for victory. From a competitive standpoint, it gives Mega Raichu a more powerful Knock Off that can be coupled with its high attacking stat.

Mega Raichu has the ability Galvanize, currently available to the Alolan Geodude line. Galvanize turns the user's Normal-type moves into Electric-type moves and slightly raises their power.

Mega Raichu's stats are 60/125/90/105/90/125.

Dragonite:
2. Aside from jokes about the "Dragonite-ite" Mega Stone, Dragonite was one of the Pokemon I'd actually been expecting to get a Mega--in fact, I'd hoped it would have two. So when it didn't, and every psudeo-legend from Gen 2-4 did, I proceeded to imagine what it would be like with Dragonite added to the mix.

I'm less certain about this design than I am with Raichu's. But I imagine that Mega Dragonite would have a design inspired by dragons seen in Chinese mythology. While these are often serpentine and Mega Dragonite would have a streamlined design, I don't see it becoming snakelike. The new form would be dedicated to enhancing its speed and enabling it to better save people as mentioned in its 'dex entries. The design also uses the orbs seen on Dragonair, which are capable of lighting up in order to guide ships to shore. Mega Dragonite is capable of enduring extended time in the depths of the sea and high in the ozone in order to save those in need. In battle, it uses its glowing orbs to distract foes before attacking.

Mega Dragonite's typing is Dragon/Fairy. See Mega Altaria for the advantages granted by this.

Mega Dragonite's ability is Multiscale. It's stats are 91/142/110/142/115/100.

I'll probably make an effort to submit more Mega Evolutions in the future.

Last edited by Fenrir Aesir on Fri Nov 25, 2016 8:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Fenrir Aesir

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rotom's Pokedex on Fri Nov 25, 2016 7:51 pm

We're done with Mega Evolution competitively, but hey- here's at least a good idea on paper.

Pokemon: Empoleon
Mega appearance:
Large Image.:
Reason?: Empoleon is quite a cool Pokemon-- but aside from that, he really, really just seems to want to be Primarina, but fails. So, perhaps a buff will help with becoming more powerful.
Mega typing: Water/Fairy (Roman Emperors were seen as deities, which causes the type change.)
Mega ability: Trident of Will: Steel type moves are boosted by 1.2x
Stat increase and such: 84HP/Atk86/Def 99/SpA
145/SpD 108/Spe 90.

Pokemon: Delphox
Mega Appearance:
You get the gist.:
Reason: Overshadowed by Greninja, Charizard, and even it's little brother Braixen-- it's a tough life for Delphox. Although it receives desirable stats, it faces tough competition from Houndoom, Emboar and Fletchinder to make it onto a team-- So, let's make it better!
Mega Typing: Fire/Psychic
Mega Ability: Witch's Curse: Anyone who makes contact with Mega Delphox will have a 50% chance to be burned, and partially trapped.
Stat Increases: 75/40/85/150/100/110

hi, i'm no longer active but thanks for seeing this dump, pls contact me on Pokefarm
• dump •:

Did you expect to find anything important in here? No? Just take some dancing birds.

credits to top.mailbox on PFQ for avatar
Rotom's Pokedex
Driver
Driver

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Enchidio on Fri Nov 25, 2016 9:41 pm

Pokemon: Klinklang
Mega Appearance: Gears black, edges on fire, "core" of gear dark green
Reason: Klinklang's so forgotten, people just want to get through Chargestone Cave or whatever. Poor thing is just recognized by no one.
Typing: Steel/Fire
Ability: Pyrate: The user's normal type moves become fire types. The moves are boosted by 1.3x.
Stat increase:
60 HP --> 60 HP
100 Atk --> 40 Atk
115 Def --> 45 Def
70 SpA --> 160 SpA
85 SpD --> 155 SpD
90 Spe --> 160 Spe
Concept: Gears going so fast that they actually set on fire! If you throw water at it it'll do its best to take the attack, but if you throw even the smallest of things at it it'll get stuck in its gears, which'll hurt. A lot.

"Uncle Grandpa is my favorite anime"
"Why the fuck is this show on Adult Swim im switching to Nick Jr."
I can make your legend doc look as amazing as Julius Cole Roblox Hater's rapping
Friend request me or I kill your house
Im a voice
I can sprite whatever you want as long as you don't fuck up
I play offline Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 and im prolly better at it than you im a saiyan
I maine water in cq
I have a deviantart
I try not 2 shitpost
Roleplaying room driver
U can call me Enchi Enchidio or whatever just dont call me Raelcontor kthxbye
Enchidio

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Life's Rainbow on Sun Nov 27, 2016 3:46 pm

Enchidio wrote:Pokemon: Klinklang
Mega Appearance: Gears black, edges on fire, "core" of gear dark green
Reason: Klinklang's so forgotten, people just want to get through Chargestone Cave or whatever. Poor thing is just recognized by no one.
Typing: Steel/Fire
Ability: Pyrate: The user's normal type moves become fire types. The moves are boosted by 1.3x.
Stat increase:
60 HP --> 60 HP
100 Atk --> 40 Atk
115 Def --> 45 Def
70 SpA --> 160 SpA
85 SpD --> 155 SpD
90 Spe --> 160 Spe
Concept: Gears going so fast that they actually set on fire! If you throw water at it it'll do its best to take the attack, but if you throw even the smallest of things at it it'll get stuck in its gears, which'll hurt. A lot.
So basically Primarina but Fire-type, fast, and it wanting to be a spec. attacker is way more obvious?
Life's Rainbow

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Septette on Mon Nov 28, 2016 1:06 am

I'd like to nominate someone forgettable even th-- okay never mind.

Mega Slowking needs to happen. Since Garde and Gallade got added together by ORAS, if Stars is a thing, then we should definitely be getting some more megas to bridge the gap on Pokemon that need them. Slowking definitely needs a little help on the fronts of both offense and defense, so a mega could really help it. Plus, Slowbro outclasses it already...

2: Froslass

I know, Froslass is extremely viable. But it is a glass cannon, and I feel like a Mega Evolution could give her a defensive boost in addition to a type change to Ice/Fairy or Ice/Psychic. Ice/Ghost could stay as well, but, let's be real, Ghost-types are a hit or a miss... or a ban. Frossie needs a little love none the less, and, like stated, I would love to see her get a mega.

3: Butterfree. This one is a little more difficult to explain, since it is that generic butterfly people tend to throw away. Let's begin by saying, it's outclassed by every other bug type in existence. Yes, literally. It's built around special attacks, so I can see a Special Attack buff happening upon Mega Evolution. In addition, I'm pretty sure a lot of people want a Bug/Psychic type Butterfree, and that type combination looks... Pretty good when put into retrospect. Reducing Butterfree's weakness to rock, and eliminating it's weaknesses to Ice and Electric are a definite plus. Pairing it with an ability like a Psychic-type 'ate ability or something equally as good (maybe Tinted Lens can make a comeback?) would be an amazing bonus to this little guy.
Septette

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sabre on Mon Nov 28, 2016 2:58 am

Stantler!
Appearance
Reason: I honestly think it's the most forgotten Pokemon but it's so cool. It has these weird Psychic power thingies and giving it a Mega would certainly give it a spotlight. Plus, it gets really good physical moves like Earthquake and Wild Charge but I find it intriguing that it gets so many unique Special moves like Thunderbolt and Psychic yet is a better Physical attacker.
Typing: Normal/Psychic. Its Psychic powers will be amplified in this form.
Ability: Sheer Force. The reason being is I like the idea of its Mega power giving it immense strength. Plus, its Pokedex entries mention its antlers having some strange power which I think would be cool to have converted into attack power.
Stats:
Stantler -> Mega Stantler
HP: 73
Attack: 95 -> 126
Defense: 62 -> 65
Sp. Atk: 85 -> 126
Sp. Def: 65
Speed: 85 -> 110

ff7 is a good game
Sabre

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolflix_and_scar on Sat Jan 21, 2017 10:18 pm

Ah megas something we all wish for pokemon to have to buff them up, I have quite a few

Luxray
Typing: electric, dark
stat boost: speed, attack,and HP
Abilty:tough claws
Why: ok so we got a manetric mega evolution but not luxray who else was totally confused by that? In all honestly this pokemon Needs a mega evolution get it back in the game ya know?

Pokemon 2: Staraptor
Typing: normal/flying or fighting/flying
Start boost: speed attack and hp
Ability: reckless or gale wings
Reason: in my opinion, staraptor is the best region bird without a doubt, so why not give it a mega evolution? Pigeot has one! Plus it's abilty reckless is so OP slap a band or a scarf on that thing and it's unstoppble(Mega staraptor for AG no? Ok Sad )

Zoroark
Typing(what ever type opponents pokemon is *this will be explained*) main typing is still dark
Start boost: Spa and speed
Ability: imposter OR a new ability that is like imposter and illusion. This abilty allows zoroark have the same typing and stats of the last pokemon if the OPPONENTS party.

Whether you hate it or like it, these are my picks
Wolflix_and_scar

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlazzah on Sun Jan 22, 2017 10:32 am

Megas can't get increases in HP, do bear that in mind.

Vlazzah
Driver
Driver

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SquirtleChimchar on Sat Jan 28, 2017 9:40 am

Mega Ditto!
...Don't judge me.

Appearance: I'll post a link to it when I can, I'm new to the forum. Sorry v.v

Ability: Always gets Imposter.

Typing: Psychic

Stat Boosts: Speed, SpA, SpD, Health

SquirtleChimchar

SquirtleChimchar

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top