Certified Custom Creators for AmphyRP (Concept Stage, Leave Constructive Criticism)

Go down

Certified Custom Creators for AmphyRP (Concept Stage, Leave Constructive Criticism)

Post by Cradle Cat on Wed Mar 23, 2016 12:20 am

I would post this somewhere else, but I want feedback from everybody on this idea, because I've been brainstorming it for a bit now.

I've been noticing that customs have been causing a progressive spiral of degeneration of quality from both the documents and the hosting, and I'd like to request feedback on my proposed fix: Certified Custom Creation. The CCC Program (for short) would be an attempt to help stop the degeneration and oversaturation of customs, especially in Amphy, and finish the battle the new CP system started against salty Amphy-goers hating on customs that consistently CP. Basically, the CCC Program would look at a host's skill in not only document creation in order to convey the idea of a custom to readers and would-be RPers, but also their ability to host official and custom RPs without being biased, unjust, unfair or unconscious of the rules. From there, a Room Owner (possibly a moderator, that would of course be up to how the ROs implement this idea if it garners enough positive support/is a good idea) would give said host the ability to make customs (although possibly limiting it to one a month or so to stop the immense influx of customs that has been nonstop as of late) and host them. In order to make sure that they are keeping up with the standard of fair and good hosting, they might have to be reassessed every so often to make sure this is still going on. Now, if this seems overly harsh, here are a few things that a non-CCC user can do with a custom they make.
-They may still run the custom on a main or Rusty RP poll. I think CCC should be limited to Amphy, as CP is, because that's where the roots of the issue lie.
-They may CP a custom in Amphy, albeit maybe only once a week, just to see if they are a good host of said custom and that said custom runs smoothly. Of course, this could be done for examination purposes once they have asked to become part of the CCC Program.

Remember, this is just a concept, and if you think it should be changed, adapted or shut down I'm open to any constructive criticism with reasoning. And no, I haven't told anyone else about this except a few people to bounce ideas off of.
Cradle Cat

View user profile http://psychoreality19.wix.com/popranter

Back to top Go down

Re: Certified Custom Creators for AmphyRP (Concept Stage, Leave Constructive Criticism)

Post by Cruella on Wed Mar 23, 2016 1:42 am

From someone who has been making customs for quite a long time, I do have some issues with this.

While I can agree that there has been an issue with quality and ripoffs, I have noticed that this issue is somewhat repairing itself. I seriously do believe that the issue with cp hatred has died down a lot and is now only limited to a few closeminded or ignorant chat chat presences.

My main issue with this is that it challenges the fundamental reason amphy was created. Amphy is meant to be a place where you are allowed to go and test out you customs. Forcing people to enlist for some form of program which is restrictive isnt that fair in my opinion. For example, those who are just learning how to host arent getting an opportunity to grow and develop. I also think this is going to be naggy towards staff and cause a bit of unnecessary stress and conflict. Having people hassle a ro about this would probably get irritating.

I do think the idea of having some form of registered custom community would be nice but I dont like how this limits and confines creativity and someone reject what amphy was created foe. Perhaps if the system was a little more fair and free along with being easier to manage, it might work well.
Cruella
Driver
Driver

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Certified Custom Creators for AmphyRP (Concept Stage, Leave Constructive Criticism)

Post by Hydre(Hydreigon) on Wed Mar 23, 2016 2:19 am

Adding to what Cru said, this seems overly... Complicated. The number of steps, time, dedication from both staff and the docmaker would be goddamn high for this to work.

While it is a good idea, it's just yet another form of elitism, restrictinh the amount of possibilities given for new users to create original content. It might be a 'ripoff' or a simply bad hosting, but heck, if they never even get the chance to host, you'd never find THAT new host.

TL;DR : Good idea, too complicated, too restrictive

sig links:

Hydre(Hydreigon)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cradle Cat on Wed Mar 23, 2016 5:28 am

Yeah, those are the major fears of the idea that I had, honestly (although I didn't realise that the elitism thing would probably happen & since I haven't been in Amphy all that much recently I've been seeing more bad than good), and I suppose the system I had in mind is a bit complex and would cause a huge stress load. Perhaps the initial idea requires more thought than just "I think we should do THIS" which is basically what I did here. However, if you guys have any ideas on how this could be better constructed to iron out as many issues as possible I'd love to hear them!
Cradle Cat

View user profile http://psychoreality19.wix.com/popranter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down