Rock RMT [Idc if it sucks]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Rock RMT [Idc if it sucks]

Post by Cave_Hamster Cubone on Fri Apr 08, 2016 10:09 am

So whilst playing conquest, and talking to a couple people, I discovered rock is supposed to be one of the worst types in the game. Whilst it might be the worst, I don't think any type is physically impossible to use. So, I built this rock TR team. I'm not amazing at this sort of thing, so yeah. Feel free to post any thoughts or criticisms.

Aerodactyl @ Aerodactylite  

Ability: Pressure  
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe  
Jolly Nature  
- Dragon Claw  
- Earthquake  
- Rock Slide/Stone Edge  
- Crunch  

The only reason this thing is on the team, is because rock has like no good mega/legends. It's still good though, none the less. Mega-Aerodactyl has ridiculously high speed, and can therefore outspeed lots of things that counter it. It also has a fairly decent attack so w/. Rock slide/stone edge is mandatory stab, I prefer rock slide though, as 80% is unreliable. 90% accuracy and flinch for less power is a good trade imo. EQ is useful for them problematic electric types, also works on other rocks. Crunch and D-claw are just coverage and filler, you can replace them if you want.

Bastiodon @ Air balloon  

Ability: Sturdy  
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD  
Adamant Nature  
- Stealth Rock  
- Magic Coat  
- Earthquake  
- Iron Head  

This is my lead, fairly obvious. Imo it's the best lead rock has. Access to magic coat gives it a nice little niche, and stealth rocks is mandatory. EQ is there for it's nice stats, just a filler and coverage. Iron head is stab, also works for getting fairies. Bastoidon is a very defensive pokemon, with a nice base defense of 168 and special defense of 138. It's attack isn't amazing, but it was meant to be a lead, so I can ignore that. This is one of my favourite mons on my team.

Omastar @ Focus Sash  

Ability: Weak Armor  
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe  
Modest Nature  
- Shell Smash  
- Ancient Power  
- Ice Beam  
- Hydro Pump  

This team lacks a lot in the special department, but I guess it's rock so whatever. Omastar provides some nice set up special sweeping, and covers most of the types. First turn it can get up to a max of 2.5 x speed, which if you add up correctly, makes it faster than any other poke without speed boosts. Shell smash is mandatory set up, hydro is STAB. Ice beam is nice coverage, and ancient power for filler.

Carbink @ Normal Gem  

EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD  
Sassy Nature  
IVs: 0 Spe  
- Trick Room  
- Explosion  
- Magic Coat  
- Stealth Rock/Power gem

This teams TR setter. It is one of the only TR setters rock has, and is by far the best. ((ew diancie)). It has pretty good bulk, which is backed up by sturdy. Carbink doesn't really care about stat lowers, so clear body loses. Magic coat is just a filler, nice little thing if they try to status you. You can use either stealth rock or power gem, but I run power gem as my Bastoidon pretty much always gets up rocks. Explosion is there as an option, if you are about to die and think Carbink isn't worth saving, norm gem just powers it up.

Rampardos @ Life Orb  

Ability: Sheer Force  
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD  
Brave Nature  
- Rock Slide  
- Iron Head  
- Outrage  
- Pursuit  

One of the two trick room sweepers on my team, I've put this on because of it's ridiculously high attack stat. It's also quite slow, so it goes very well with tr. It is all attack, just to get through as many mons as possible. Rock slide is mandatory stab, Iron head is coverage for fairies and stuff like that. Outrage is a nice little filler. I put pursuit on there in case they try to switch out to a more favorable match up. Boosted Pursuit from a Rampardos is gonna hurt.

Aurorus @ Choice Specs  

Ability: Refrigerate  
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD  
Quiet Nature  
- Freeze-Dry  
- Ancient Power  
- Flash Cannon  
- Hyper Voice

My other TR sweeper. This one is more specially oriented, and specs instead of LO because Aurorus is frail. Freeze dry eliminates pesky water types, and is STAB. Ancient power is nice filler, and Flash cannon is coverage. Hyper voice is a useful move, boosted by Refrigerate and goes through sub. It's a nice alternative to Rampardos, and can break through certain teams more easily.

Thanks,

~CHC
Cave_Hamster Cubone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Rock RMT [Idc if it sucks]

Post by Hydre(Hydreigon) on Fri Apr 08, 2016 10:43 am

Trick room with mega aerodactyl.
And shell smash omastar.

I HUGELY recommend using specs omastar with earth power over ancient power.
You'll also need a 2nd TR setter, because 5 turns mean shit, specially with your carbink set (aka, suicide lead)

Instead of m-aero, maybe use M-diancie for your team? You can also put Rhyperior somewhere, with weakness policy and TR, it can be a very threatening 'mon.

Also, err, 2 SR setter? Bastiodon is too passive to do anything, so I can suggest using this set for Carbink, and removing Bastiodon for rhyperior/lunatone altogether.

Lancelot (Carbink) @ Light Clay
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
- Trick Room
- Reflect
- Explosion/Stealth Rock (Use SR if you insist on keeping Bastiodon. I personally use Armaldo for rocks, too. More offensive, fits more the team)
- Light Screen

Lunatone Set :

Crescent (Lunatone) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Levitate
Shiny: Yes
Quiet Nature
- Ancient Power
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Trick Room

sig links:

Hydre(Hydreigon)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Allyson(Ninetales) on Fri Apr 08, 2016 6:06 pm

Some stuff I found on your sets:

Aerodactyl @ Aerodactylite
Ability: Pressure
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Claw Thunder Fang/Ice Fang
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide/Stone Edge
- Crunch Fire Fang
Alright this is just my personal opinion for that set, Dragon Claw sucks especially since it literally wont help you that much at Dragon match ups and you will probably get 6-0'd by Steel and so I have added Fire Fang which is a must (imo at least). Thunder Fang and Ice Fang are good coverage, Ice Fang helps you at Dragon, Flying and Grass match ups while Thunder Fang helps you with Water and Flying match ups.

Bastiodon @ Air balloon Custap Berry/Red Card
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Magic Coat
- Earthquake Roar/Toxic
- Iron Head Metal Burst
Bastiodon sucks. Okay nothing more to say. No just kidding.
With the last statement aside Bastiodon should have Metal Burst, Metal Burst is a move that gives back all the damage that's been done to you 1.5x and Bastiodon has Sturdy so it will withstand any attack and return the favor 1.5x, doesn't that sound fun? For replacement of Earthquake, you may choose Roar or Toxic. Roar works wonders if opponents dont kill you on sight, meanwhile Toxic is more efficient because it can wear down their defensive lead. For the items you may choose between Custap Berry or Red Card, Custap Berry will totally give you a +1 Priority to help you set up stealth rocks, meanwhile the tricky Red Card will suddenly switch out your opponents pokemon when they hit you and you hit back with Metal Burst if you're lucky you might hit a powerful metal burst to a Major Sweeper in your opponents team(ie: Scarf users/Set up sweepers) which will cause them to cry so much xD

Omastar @ Focus Sash
Ability: Weak Armor
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Shell Smash
- Ancient Power Earth Power
- Ice Beam
- Hydro Pump
Just as Hydre said, Earth Power is better since it provides you anti Steel coverage

Rampardos @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Brave Nature
- Rock Slide Stone Edge/Head Smash
- Iron Head
- Outrage Earthquake
- Pursuit Thunder Punch/ Fire Punch
Okay give me a high five, I always give respect to anyone who uses this guy. Yes his speed is ew but look at that Attack stat. Anyways Stone Edge is a better pick over Rock Slide since we need to hit them super hard, meanwhile Head Smash has better BP with the same Accuracy as Stone Edge so you might wanna check that out. Earthquake is a must move on Rampardos since you're using a Mold Breaker set, EQ synergies with that to kill those floating nubs(Levitate mons that die to EQ, ex: Gengar, Rotom-Wash and his appliance brothers). Thunder Punch and Fire Punch are both coverage moves again to help you.

Aurorus @ Choice Specs
Ability: Refrigerate
Quiet Nature
- Freeze-Dry
- Ancient Power Earth Power
- Flash Cannon
- Hyper Voice
You'll need Earth Power over Ancient Power, you already have Hyper Voice and Freeze Dry as STAB and they're both cooler than Ancient Power (like literally).

Also, Hydre is right about a second TR setter since basically your Carbink goes kaboom after it gets to do TR. In what you'll replace, I'm not sure which one to swap out to be honest. And for Mega-Diancie, my opinion is divided if you should switch out Mega Aerodactyl for her.

Anyways, most of those stuff are my opinion. I'm not a fan of Rock because it's too hard to use and hardly gets ahead of the opponents, maybe in ordinary monotype I might use Rock, but in Conquest? No, I don't think that's good for my health.
Allyson(Ninetales)
Voice
Voice

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cave_Hamster Cubone on Fri Apr 08, 2016 7:59 pm

Thanks for the Input both of you, just to answer a couple questions ~

If i'm using sheer force, then i'm not gonna use head smash, rampardos would kill itself with all the recoil. Stone edge is alright for mb set, but rock slide gets boost off of sf. I doubt i'm gonna use mega Diancie, I find it horrible to use. Probs gonna add in the Lunatone though. All other changes will happen ^.^

Cave_Hamster Cubone

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Enchidio on Sun Apr 10, 2016 1:02 pm

For Mega Aerodactyl, if you wanna keep the Trick Room thing going, replace it with regular Diancie. Either way, though, there's Terrakion that can replace Mega Aerodactyl with similar power, both amazing abilities, but the only thing I can think for STAB on Mega Aerodactyl is Aerial Ace, which lacks in power. Yes, Aero has higher attack and speed, but its bulk is a bit low before Mega Evolving, and it has a Stealth Rock weakness. So if you want to keep Trick Room, here's the Diancie set. (Note I've never used Diancie, so idk.)

Diancie @ Life Orb
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpA
Mild Nature
- Moonblast
- Heal Bell
- Explosion
- Earth Power

If you decide to use Terrakion, there's a scarf set.

Terrakion @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Justified
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Zen Headbutt

I'm not saying Mega Aerodactyl is bad (as a matter of fact it's pretty good), but there are options, especially if you want to keep running Trick Room.

If you're gonna keep running Trick Room, place Omastar's speed into special defense and remaining EVs into defense. Otherwise, that's pretty much all I can think of.

"Uncle Grandpa is my favorite anime"
"Why the fuck is this show on Adult Swim im switching to Nick Jr."
I can make your legend doc look as amazing as Julius Cole Roblox Hater's rapping
Friend request me or I kill your house
Im an OFFICIAL CHRISTIAN DRIVER
I can sprite whatever you want as long as you don't fuck up with details
I play offline Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 and im prolly better at it than you im a saiyan
I maine water in cq
I have a deviantart
I try not 2 shitpost
Roleplaying room driver
U can call me Enchi Enchidio or whatever just dont call me Raelcontor kthxbye
Enchidio

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down