RP Experiences

View previous topic View next topic Go down

RP Experiences

Post by Rico on Fri Apr 15, 2016 10:17 am

This is a simple thread to talk about RP stories you've been a part of. Tell us about your favourite characters and the events that made them who they are.

I'll start with a story from 6 years ago. Sky Alicre. Before I go in to that, I'll give a bit of background to the story.
Sky was from a Neverwinter Nights (early 2000 "Bioware" Computer RPG) Roleplaying Server that I played on for many years. The server was somewhat PvP based, with factions existing to encourage players to hate each other. This was one of the 'middle' characters I played in the lifetime of that server and thus includes other characters for the sake of background.

(Backstory) Sky spent the first few years of her life being looked after by her elder sister, both parents dead due to the ongoing war. By the time she was 8, Sky's magical powers began to manifest, clutching to her childlike imagination and making her every thought a reality. While harmless during the day, Sky's lonely nights often led to horrible living nightmares roaming the house, waiting for her sister's return from work. (Paraphrased RP from here) Sleep became a rare thing for Sky's poor sister, and at the suggestion from a friend the woman looked to her superior for help. Choosing not to mention the awful living nightmares Sky could create, Sky was soon given over to the man who would anchor her world. Gideon Alicre, General of the Espardius Army.

The years dragged on for Sky. Having a real family seemed to conquer the nightmares, her new father reading to her at night assuring her that she would not be alone. Under his instruction she was taught her letters. When her powers became obvious to him, she was enrolled in a Magical School in the big city, where her power could be tempered and controlled. By the time she was 14, Sky had had enough. Her father fought tirelessly for the freedom of ALL people, and although he had strictly forbidden her from becoming involved in any fighting until she had come of age, Sky knew she had a talent that was being wasted at the school. After all, she was far more powerful than anybody else there. Her father famous as he was and Sky's magic particularly explosive, the girl accepted she would never be able to join a fight without being recognised... so a disguise was designed. Flowing black cape, blue and black tunic and a beautiful blue mask held her identity to her and so a superhero was born.

Thanks to her father's position, Sky was instantly able to jump in to the fray, joining a campaign against the Dark Alliance. The Free Alliance often struggled with the offensive, lacking in the firepower needed to push through their foes walls. Firepower Sky had in ample supply. Fireballs flying through the air, Sky was able to push the Dark Alliance all the way back to their stronghold, allowing her allies to raid their lands of precious materials before retreating home. The soldiers cheered for their new mage, but before they could ask her name the girl had disappeared in to the night. Raid after raid, against the Free or for it Sky stood alongside her brethren, her immense power laying hundreds of the evil creatures low, but nothing good lasts forever.

Hearing of this mysterious girl's exploits, Gideon invited her along to an underground campaign. Deep in the Halls of the Marchane lay an Illiadian Blacksmith, his immense forge producing magical weapons and armour that could help the Free people's soldiers immensely. Few could make their way through the hall, but Sky knew the way... she knew that even without help she could do it. Cocky, she told everybody to follow behind her, overwhelmed by a desire to have her father's pride. Effortlessly the girl cut swathes through the Marchane and their constructs, burning a path that her father could follow. Even the strongest there was brought to their knees before her impressive power... but as they neared the great Illiadian Smith, she heard her father's praise. None had managed what she had, it was something that usually took a group of twelve, and even then they rarely made it through. Alone, she had made it seem easy. His words overwhelmed the poor girl and her act slipped. Suspicion grew at the sudden change and distinct voice and before she could take even a step Sky's mask fell and the super hero exposed. Furious with her, Gideon grounded the girl to her room, wanting nothing more than to protect his little girl he had instead asked her to the most dangerous place he knew.

Locked away, Sky's mind began to crack. The magic within her leaked out in to the room around her, tears in the fabric of reality as she tried desperately to come to terms with it all. She had always been such a perfect daughter that this firm rebuke when her father had been so proud of her ruined everything. Did he hate her now? Of course he did, he didn't even yell. The fury was so obvious, so cold... why had he become so cold? By the time Gideon reached her door the girl's sanity had fully departed. Why would she want anything to do with her evil father ever again? Her door warped its way in to the frame, forcing her father to break it down just to see his girl. The air chilled when she spied him, her imagination given form by her wild power. He was being cold to her, and that chill permeated throughout... but she knew how to deal with coldness. She just wanted him to love her, to acknowledge her like his soldiers. She wanted him to be warm again, not cold... he just needed to warm up.

By the time she came to, he wasn't breathing. The flames had burned their way through, his body blackened by their ferocity. Even divine magic would have trouble bringing him back now, but as the girl screamed and cried his body began to repair. Magic in its rawest form filled him, eldritch tentacles wrapping around his heart and forcing a beat out of it. Layer upon layer of skin grew over the charred body, hair regrown and eyes repaired. The first gasp for air meant little to the girl, as she screamed and wailed her magic away. It wasn't until his arms wrapped around her that she awoke from that pit, only to pass out from exhaustion.

And that's the first 'half' of Sky Alicre. As indicated most of this was in roleplay. The second half isn't quite as interesting because I had other characters to play at the time, but primarily involved Sky trying to teach a robot to disobey her father and obey her instead. I do encourage everybody to share their experiences and stories, from PS or from other sites. I'll share other stories later if this thread has any interest, including the original story of Rico, a character who never had any backstory. Unlike most characters I've had, Rico was the child of two player characters, so he didn't have any NPC family at all.
Rico
Room Owner
Room Owner

Swinging the Ban Hammer
Keep Stalking.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: RP Experiences

Post by PyrrhonWheatley on Fri Apr 15, 2016 12:59 pm

Well

No way I could compare to them details.

At one point in thyme, had assumed that I would be good in Conquest. I constantly used Fairy for about a week, and lasted a fair while with this old man. I knew I wasn't going to keep CQing when the environment became toxic, so in my last CQ, when I had lost I had him die. And explode. It was pretty sad to see him go, but it was equally satisfying to blow him to shreds.
PyrrhonWheatley

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hydre(Hydreigon) on Fri Apr 15, 2016 2:56 pm

I'll post one as well.

The game is Crystal Saga. Basically, your typical P2W Browser-based MMO, that my little self was playing because of a crappy computer.

As with any MMO, there are multiple class. Ranger, Warrior, Priest, etc... I was a ranger specialized in dealing constant damage and multiple shots. One day, suddenly, a new server opened, and I soon rose to be the n°1 ranger and n°3 overall player. The first two players were both warriors, but instead of cooperating, we decided to never ally, and never be in the same guild. With some reasoning, it was a bad idea since the PvP of this game is only in events, but still.

So, in most PvP events, we decided to duck it out, most other players never interrupting our 3-way duels. As a DPS, I often came out on top, but we continued. We soon each created a guild, each growing, as you can expect, to be the top guilds of the servers. My own character, named "Vladimir", became known as the "purple doom", while the two others, "IronSight" and "Belzo", were known as the "swords of justice". Yes, I was young, and we all three were.

Time went on, and with it, many updates. While they could follow each carefully and plan ahead, I had to attend college, and soon decided to leave the game. One could think it stopped here, but instead, what we decided to do is to create stories, fictions, about our stories there. And decided to RP them out, along with fellow guild members. Instead of playing the game, we soon went on to roleplay it, using our imagination to compensate for the lack of content.

Sadly, each of us decided to part ways, once for good, and I lost contact with them, and besides, the game died a while ago. Neverthless, it will probably remain one of my most cherished RP experience, as it is the one that probably helped the most to bring me where I am today.

sig links:

Hydre(Hydreigon)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Articuno on Fri Apr 15, 2016 6:33 pm

I first started RPing on the Neopets forum when I was about 13? At the time the three more popular RPs were Warrior Cats, Gifteds, and Pokemon. I have several stories from each of those fandoms (though Gifteds is just a fancy word of saying people with powers) so I may as well post a short thing about each.

Warriors: My three main cats were Icefang/star, Thrushclaw, and Sparrowflight. When I made Icefang, he was a white cat with blue eyes, and someone accused me of there being nothing wrong with him. What I didn't know at the time was that a large number of cats like that are deaf, and in the end I just said he was one of the special ones. Icefang was typically the Deputy, though occasionally Leader. He was really unoriginal, as he was a small cat, but very ferocious in battle and otherwise quite kind. 

Gifted: I liked Gifted quite a lot as a genre, since it gave the most opportunity to be creative. I had Silver, who had wings and could manipulate wind; Flynn, who could speak to and control animals; and some other character I don't remember the name of who could draw something and bring it to life. None of them were really amazing but it was still fun to RP. 

Pokemon: I only had one actual character I repeatedly used. She was a trainer named Lily, and she was actually blind. Her Luxray was very overprotective of her and all her Pokemon wore a blue scarf to denote they were hers. She also had a Dragonair (surprised?) and one other Pokemon that I don't remember. 

Neopets was where I first learned to RP and I grew to realize that though my writing style was typically above average, I preferred the level of "semi-lit" RPs instead of "literate only". I also despise those characterizations because literacy is the ability to read and write. Anyway, those were my first experiences and my first characters. Oh, and Lily has no relation to Lily (Lilligant), I'm just unoriginal.

Room Owner

Crascking the ban whip
Stop stalking.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychoreality on Fri Apr 15, 2016 7:46 pm

I mean, before I used Showdown the only original character I was really attached to was Ignios the Typhlosion.
Damn, I haven't thought about him for a while.
Basically, he was a wannabe hero, who wanted to help people in an attempt to make up for the fact that he felt terrible for not saving his mother or wife. So he essentially stalked a well-known heroine before saving her life a good hour later, and a whole lot of stuff unfolded, he gained an enemy, became a plot device and saved the day. The story's a bit complicated.
Psychoreality
Driver
Driver

View user profile http://psychoreality19.wix.com/popranter

Back to top Go down

Post by Flyhn on Tue Apr 19, 2016 10:23 am

As much as I'd love to rave about my current ongoing plot in PS that's been going strong since December, I will instead discuss my old days roleplaying in Colors 3D

Back then, Poke was my main OC, with absolutely no personality beyond "he's me, but a Lucario". His story was one I look back on and cringe, as well as occasionally chuckle

I roleplayed with a few friends there, where most of the time it was our characters derping around, cracking inside jokes, and occasionally visiting the ruins of our previous home of Flipnote Hatena, represented in rp as "Hatena City". That's where all the "serious" *snicker* stuff happened, including a mix-up with time travel and "star beggers". Overall the tone was very silly, in the goofy "13-14 year olds find this funny" sort if way.
Flyhn

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Day of the Dead on Sat Feb 11, 2017 4:01 pm

o shit man im back with a new ride

anyway this all started a year ago with an mm hosted by sorai. my oc natalia was single af and was flirting with lufia at the time, now joseph if lufia himself agrees but just to not mix them up im going with joseph.

so they were high-quality flirting while greenknight (pancham) was trying to flirt with natalia but she didnt want any from him and so joseph and natalia kinda fell in love and they had an accidental kid named david

david was a shiny teddiursa and was a puppetmaster just like his mother and they didnt know that for a while but lowkey suspected it but when they did find that out rhey decided to teach him how to use the powers and such but david kinda got too full of himself and kinda almost killed hoseph when suited natalia bby swooped in also natalia kinda got attacked by a beedrill and poisoned by a weedle but suited natalia swooped in then too

anyway natalia pleads to suited natalai, joseph and a teddiursa named haley for advice but nothing happens until david comes across lufia and """""befriends"""" him and a leafeon gijinka and he summons solierce the rayquaza and goes off to kill his mom and dad like the edgy little spoiled brat he is but again gets stopped by suited natalia

david kills lufia and much more fluff happens between natalia and joseph with something having to donwith natalia not moving for a while due to being depressed and she sad Sad

they finally decide that to atop david they must kill him but one day when joseph was out hunting and natalia was wandering around david suddenly appears and totally fucking destroys joseph and then dies and natalia kills david bc thats like the only way to stop him and natalia is depress again

just like brendan revived lufia that one time he revives joseph as well and a girl (seemingly day of the dead hmmmmmm) revives david because of a noticed change of heart and david goes home and pleads for forgiveness and is forgiven even though he cost the lives of hundred of pokemon :')

anyway joseph and natalia have another kid shes albino and her name is sydney and shes adorable af and pure and all that well while her parents are having fun w/ david she gets snatched up by this weird and edgy black and white teddiursa that MAN LOOKS A LOT LIKE NATALIA and tries to convince that natalia is a slave keeper also his name is diablo

natalia panicks and both david and joseph leave also in this timeframe david admits his love to lufia by kissing him but is sadly rejected starting his grudge with lufia.

and so lots of drama goes on like suited natalia being chased by a crow thing and natalia kind of making friends with lufia and then diablo gets cornerer by like everyone except david WHO FUCKING SWOOPS IN WITH SOLIERCE AND LIKE FUCKING CRUSHES DIABLO WITH DRAGON ASCENT and then natalia goes up to the corpse and has a seizure about her past bc she never knew she had a family and then day of the dead makes her first TRUE appearance amf then sydney talks to lufia for a bit and natalia and joseph reunite and its cute

anyway suited natalia has been suffering from some weird ailement for a while and it turns out its a dimensional demon named cloudy. lufia and natalia bond some more while also trying to kill him constantly but together they find out that theres no way to get rid of cloudy and also day of the dead and lufia bond as well and suited natalia gets WiIiiiIINGsss while getting a new form and also defeating cloudy. day of the dead is in poor health and then kisses lufia

she then creates harrow and kisses lufia again after HER dimensional demon is gone and then gets r e j e c t e d

anyway day of the dead dies to harrow and suited natalia rlly doesnt like him also harrow finds a child when hes busy trying to beat up lufia

have fun this makes your brain hurt a l o t
Day of the Dead

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHDWU5FOc04

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum