More love to the staff

Go down

More love to the staff

Post by Allyson(Ninetales) on Sat Apr 23, 2016 10:53 am

Anyways, I noticed the bashing of staff members and how most users ride on the teasing.

The argument is shallow, most would say: "It's just a teasing, the staff aren't wimps. They're totally not invertebrates either."

But what would you think if you were a staff member doing your job quietly for no payment, and then suddenly there is a this certain user who would tease you and other users would join the teasing wagon and soon it'll become strong bashing. Yes our staff show a brave face in front of us, but please remember that our staff are also humans (yes Synthia is a human being) and they also have feelings of how users think of them.
Sure you can do some teasing since its inevitable anyways, who doesn't want to tease some times for fun. But make sure not to go overboard and hurt one's feelings because we need our staff. We wouldn't want our staff to leave the room and leave us defenseless against the troll, just imagine if Lux got mad one day and he would take a day off and take Synthia with him. That'd be hard right? But it's not just applicable for Lux only, all of our staff are vital to the room and we need them to regulate the room.
I had an experience with a staff member (not mentioning the name), he was being bashed once and I kinda told the others to stop it and let the guy do his job properly. The staff member thanked me so much for standing up for him. You see how grateful our staff are for loving users.

I may look like some guy who's sucking up for power, I don't care of what you think of me as I write and you read this. My position is completely irrelevant as I write/type this.
But do me a favor, love our staff and not bash our staff. You can always thank them in a way that ain't disruptive, even if you may look like you're sucking up for power but as long as you meant it, it doesn't matter what the others think.
Allyson(Ninetales)
Voice
Voice

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: More love to the staff

Post by Rico on Sat Apr 23, 2016 1:05 pm

While I do want staff bashing to not happen at all (it's something I'll mute/ban for if I see it happening) I'd also ask people not to suck up to staff either. I speak for most of us when I say we're just normal users. Treat us that way unless you specifically need a driver/mod/owner.

But yeah, more importantly don't bash mods. It's really not fun at all to moderate a chatroom, we do it because we like the room. If you make the room not fun for us, we don't mod it. I don't see how that's a win for anybody, since that's one less person to help deal with the trolls. Even if you don't like a mod, you shouldn't want to drive them to quit, because while you may not like them they do help keep the room working (not to mention we are a prime candidate for trolling). IF there's a legitimate problem with a member of room staff then you should bring that to an owner. Trying to handle it yourself just ends up getting you banned and the problem unsolved.
Rico
Room Owner
Room Owner

Swinging the Ban Hammer
Keep Stalking.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Marshall De Vos on Sun Apr 24, 2016 5:28 am

Call it sucking up or not, I'd argue that not bashing staff is something that you would understand to do if you have at least some kind of common sense. We are humans, not machines. We live, and feel. What you may say in jest, may offend your partner deeply without you knowing. Respect the ones behind the few colored pixels.

I agree with Rico nonetheless, though.

I'm sorry if my first sentences sound sort of blunt but that is something irking me on so many levels.
Marshall De Vos
Voice
Voice

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Cradle Cat on Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:26 pm

Let me just say one thing.

If you're going to bash staff, try and run a high-popularity room yourself. Even trying to start up an RP room on another PS server has proven to be incredibly tough for me, to the point where I up and quit because I was getting 0 respect for the work I was doing, not only from the server owners but also from the people who were attempting to set it up. If you know which server I mean, please keep it to yourself. But honestly, those who say the staff get everything wrong probably have no experience or input to add other than that. We do our best. Please understand that much.
Cradle Cat

View user profile http://psychoreality19.wix.com/popranter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down