My Trainer! Anyone wanna Join?

Go down

My Trainer! Anyone wanna Join?

Post by Dragon555 on Sat Apr 23, 2016 6:20 pm

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1r7tj3vM29eVbS2HmdpIvkHxiECd4Uv3YBA0N_Mqhos0/edit The Dragolandia Region!
Dragon555

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: My Trainer! Anyone wanna Join?

Post by Aroma Lady Sealy on Sun Apr 24, 2016 7:05 am

Really good document! I would just suggest you to make it a bit more aesthetically pleasing. Y'know, page colors, fonts etc. You can find pictures online if you need to, and one website has all the gen 6 sprites in one downloadable folder. Great besides that! Very Happy If you need help with anything, PM me here. I'll PM back as soon as I can.
Aroma Lady Sealy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon555 on Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:46 am

Thanks! Can i get Some Help? You might be one person who is better at doc making than me
Dragon555

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rico on Tue Apr 26, 2016 1:04 pm

Please don't change page colours or fonts. 90% of the users who do that make unreadable docs as a result. If I can't read your doc, I can't give a time slot.
Rico
Room Owner
Room Owner

Swinging the Ban Hammer
Keep Stalking.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragon555 on Sat Apr 30, 2016 8:44 pm

Rip, Well I'll Start Getting People to join This Smile Thanks For the Heads Up Rico!

-Dragon Maestro
Dragon555

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rico on Sun May 01, 2016 5:00 am

Just generally, if you're making a doc of any kind keep in mind that old people like myself have to read it before we can let it happen. If I have to try to read it, like actively focus on the words, then I'm just going to say no. This is usually due to people using cursive fonts, bright colours (for the background or text) or an awful contrast of colours (again background/text). I can guarantee that font colour/type can only make me less likely to say yes to a doc, never more. Think of the default setting (black text, white background, 10-12 pt Arial) as a perfect score for formatting. You can only ever equal that, you cannot improve, so if you don't know how to keep it readable then don't do anything to those settings at all. (The exception is title text, which you've done a fine job highlighting by using a larger text size.)
What does matter is paragraph spacing and the flow of your sentences. This is just standard writing stuff, making sure your paragraphs don't go on for too long (or too short) and the same with your sentences, also making sure to avoid repetition and such like. Read over what you've written out loud. Did you have to stop without a comma/fullstop(period)? Did you keep talking through one. Did you have to stop because a word didn't flow from a previous one? I'll use your opening paragraph as an example.

Spoiler:
In the Dragolandia Region Here there are many cities and towns and gyms. Not only are there humans and pokemon but also dragons! You can ride them to secret islands after the 3rd gym! Pretty cool right? There is a Organization Called team Chronos and they want the all powerful Chronos and you must defeat them! The Dragolandia Region Includes nine gyms Go the extra gym for some Challenges

Spoiler:
In the Dragolandia Region there are many cities, towns and gyms filled with not only humans and pokemon but also powerful dragons! After the 3rd gym, you can ride these dragons to secret islands (Why?)! Pretty cool, right? Dragolandia is also home to the evil team Chronos who want the all powerful dragon Chronos (why?), and if you cannot defeat them (what happens?)! The Dragolandia Region includes nine gyms so if you really want to prove your worth, take the challenge for the ninth badge.

I'll leave you to finding your players now, take from that what you will and if it helps you, great! If not, there's always other things you can do or try, or just continue as you already are.
Rico
Room Owner
Room Owner

Swinging the Ban Hammer
Keep Stalking.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down