Murder Mystery Universal Banlist (Input your bans/unbans here)

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Murder Mystery Universal Banlist (Input your bans/unbans here)

Post by Mobutt on Mon Feb 06, 2017 12:56 pm

For legendaries? Honestly they almost always get killed first or never picked up because they're legendary. Well, not really, but you get the idea, so pseudo-blanket ban?

Also, Normal types. We need to get rid of those guys, or at least a lot of them. The movepool that they possess are usually terrifying and they can be quite unpredictable. So, as a killer, they could frame fucking everyone without giving a shit. And even if people realize their movesets, they could also easily be frame-killed or blame-killed quickly. So either they're spared to get blame-killed, frame-killed, or kill and frame-kill someone else.
Mobutt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychoreality on Mon Feb 06, 2017 6:28 pm

Mobutt wrote:For legendaries? Honestly they almost always get killed first or never picked up because they're legendary. Well, not really, but you get the idea, so pseudo-blanket ban?

Also, Normal types. We need to get rid of those guys, or at least a lot of them. The movepool that they possess are usually terrifying and they can be quite unpredictable. So, as a killer, they could frame fucking everyone without giving a shit. And even if people realize their movesets, they could also easily be frame-killed or blame-killed quickly. So either they're spared to get blame-killed, frame-killed, or kill and frame-kill someone else.
a) My stance on legendaries still has not changed.
b) No.
Psychoreality
Driver
Driver

View user profile http://psychoreality19.wix.com/popranter

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragonite99 on Mon Feb 13, 2017 10:44 pm

What is your stance on Tri Attack? It is officially listed as normal yet it is implied that it is almost 3 attacks rolled into one because of the status it could inflict. Honestly, I don't mind what the final verdict is, but I thought I should ask.
Dragonite99

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychoreality on Tue Feb 14, 2017 4:22 am

Dragonite99 wrote:What is your stance on Tri Attack? It is officially listed as normal yet it is implied that it is almost 3 attacks rolled into one because of the status it could inflict. Honestly, I don't mind what the final verdict is, but I thought I should ask.
Tri Attack is fine. It is hard to play it off as a different move if a body is scarred with burns, crackling with energy and cold to the touch.
Psychoreality
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Rotom's Pokedex on Tue Feb 14, 2017 5:17 pm

Putting this here because I don't seem to see it, but..

Nature Power. This move has a varying effect depending on the terrain the Pokemon is in while using it. Though it can be turned into Tri-Attack, it'd need some describing saying "an act of nature", which still might confuse people. In addition, if the host really wanted to, Nature Power could vary depending on where the group is at within the RP. This is just my humble opinion, in all honesty.

hi, i'm no longer active but thanks for seeing this dump, pls contact me on Pokefarm
• dump •:

Did you expect to find anything important in here? No? Just take some dancing birds.

credits to top.mailbox on PFQ for avatar
Rotom's Pokedex
Driver
Driver

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lawful Evil on Tue Feb 14, 2017 5:28 pm

dont forget to add headbutt and tackle due to massive learnbase, and if abilities impact mm(or certain mms) in any way pokemon like shedinja with the wonder guard ability should be banned.

also, you should alphabetize the list for convenience
Lawful Evil
Voice
Voice

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychoreality on Wed Feb 15, 2017 5:37 am

Rotom's Pokedex wrote:Putting this here because I don't seem to see it, but..

Nature Power. This move has a varying effect depending on the terrain the Pokemon is in while using it. Though it can be turned into Tri-Attack, it'd need some describing saying "an act of nature", which still might confuse people. In addition, if the host really wanted to, Nature Power could vary depending on where the group is at within the RP. This is just my humble opinion, in all honesty.
Pretty sure I added this one.
@Chron: I'll add Headbutt. I think Tackle's a host discretion move.
Psychoreality
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Lawful Evil on Fri Feb 24, 2017 9:16 am

just wondering, is this like an official thing that MM hosts have to abide to? if so, i think it should be set ad a motd, i dont think enough people know abt this thread
Lawful Evil
Voice
Voice

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychoreality on Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:16 pm

Lawful Evil wrote:just wondering, is this like an official thing that MM hosts have to abide to? if so, i think it should be set ad a motd, i dont think enough people know abt this thread

I don't want it to be the only banlist. Hosts are allowed to make their own, but community consensus bans will go here as a guide. As for making it a MOTD, there won't be a need for it. Stay tuned.
Psychoreality
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by skyivs on Sun Mar 05, 2017 2:14 am

this is my opinion but...
i believe the pokemon with limeted movepools should be unpanned
its there fault if they choose magikarp sure its too easy... but its there choice
now pokemon like wobuffet sure... ban them and pyukumuku
but if they have some form of attack i believe they should be allowed
skyivs

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by TurtleWarlord on Sun Mar 05, 2017 2:38 pm

skyivs wrote:this is my opinion but...
i believe the pokemon with limeted movepools should be unpanned
its there fault if they choose magikarp sure its too easy... but its there choice
now pokemon like wobuffet sure... ban them and pyukumuku
but if they have some form of attack i believe they should be allowed

The thing is, this also makes people rping as a magikarp less suspected then, say, a Gardevoir. If you'll look at their sets, even IF a magikarp was the killer, people would likely just shrug off the possibility due to its few moves, and instead look at all the different typed moves a gardevoir has. Even if they're innocent, a part of this is the excitement of finding out just who is the killer-- a bit wasted if you have someone with only 3 ways to kill someone. Even if they aren't the killer, this literally just removes one possible suspect, as less moves make it so there is a lessened possibility of them being the killer.
TurtleWarlord

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Fenrir Aesir on Sun Mar 05, 2017 3:44 pm

I had this long post where I was using more Mafia-related terms than I probably should have been, and then I accidentally closed the tab. Here's a TL;DR.

Once someone is confirmed as not Mafia (ex. a Magikarp when there are, say, 2 killers and neither has used anything resembling Tackle) there's no reason for them to not be the next target so that there's not a confirmed non-mafia in LyLo (where the town must lynch correctly or else they lose, in this case a 2v3 or 1v2 situation).

Actually, MyLo is also common in MM (2v4 and 1v3, which also resulting in losses with mislynch because of the fact that there's nobody to protect from the killer's attack).

I'm going to stop here, since I've made my point and I need to not just flood this thread with an analysis of some hypothetical game.

I'm totally still an active member of Roleplaying, right?
Fenrir Aesir

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sabre on Sun Aug 06, 2017 6:04 pm

Someone suggested Rock Smash for its commonality. Not my idea, but I was told to post it.

ff7 is a good game
Sabre

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychoreality on Mon Aug 07, 2017 6:58 am

Sabre wrote:Someone suggested Rock Smash for its commonality. Not my idea, but I was told to post it.

Given that over 50% of legal Pokemon can learn it, I'll look into it. Can't say for sure if it'll be banned or not, but I had no idea it was so common. In general it doesn't seem to be abused as much or as easy to abuse as other moves (however when 50% of players start killing with Rock Smash then I'll probably rethink that statement), so I'm reluctant, but you never know.
Psychoreality
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top