'New' Conquest?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

'New' Conquest?

Post by Fraction on Mon Apr 25, 2016 6:27 am

Hello. Simply put, I made this thread to give my two cents about the recent changes in CQ, and to talk about the bans, since I'm not allowed to post on the Conquest Council subforum.

Okay, let's begin. First things first, let me just say this: are we making CQ into more of a metagame and less of an RP? By 'less of an RP', I don't mean that there's no roleplaying in Conquest anymore. The purpose of an RP is to bring a fun time to the roleplayer, test their creativity, encourage them to make innovative characters, plots, scenerios. In case of Conquest, does roleplaying come before battling? I don't know. Recent bans, though I approve of most of them, make me think that perhaps we're making this into a metagame? A metagame that doesn't even exist? Are we, maybe, straying from the original concept of Conquest and working our way into making it more identical to Monotype? Then why would I battle in Conquest if I can get the same, if not better experience on the Monotype ladder? 

About the RU legends and lower being allowed for knights, I believe that they should still take the legend spot. Hasn't it always been like that? Though making legend-stacking a thing for lords makes better teams, does it really stick to the original idea of Conquest? If these uncertainties inside my head continue, I have a feeling that might make me lose interest in Conquest, my current favorite RP. It doesn't, of course, matter, but since this thread is about my thoughts, I might as well say it at least.

I might edit this to add stuff later, feel free to comment on this.

Last edited by Fraction on Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:12 am; edited 1 time in total
Fraction
Voice
Voice

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 'New' Conquest?

Post by madman404 on Mon Apr 25, 2016 7:39 am

No. It's still an RP, and conquest is really only what you make of it. That's the point of an RP, no? However, conquest is centered around battling, and thus, must be balanced. The RP twist on it does not remove this necessity. Sure, the lords can RP all they want, but wouldn't it ruin the plot if the dark or water lord wins EVERY TIME? No, it's not fun, and it's not interesting. That's why the council exists. To keep things balanced, and allow the RP to take different turns every time.
madman404

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Articuno on Mon Apr 25, 2016 7:42 am

Creating the council was actually a way for things to get more done in Conquest. Previously, all the decisions about the Conquest metagame were decided pretty much by me alone, and as you may expect, that along with all the other responsibilities I had to juggle got a little bit too much. Referring to "the Conquest metagame" is simply because that's what it is. It's different from Monotype, but it still needs to be balanced out.

The amount of roleplaying done in the RP is reliant on those who participate in it. If people want to make big plots with their characters, then go for it. But because Conquest is still a battling RP, don't expect people to necessarily "respect your closed plot" because at the end of the day, any Lord is free to be attacked.

In essence, Conquest is treated as a battling RP by people who are in it, but there is just as much freedom to be creative with your characters and decide how your interactions will take place. Though there may not be a huge balance between RPing and battling (with the latter being more prominent), Conquest is most certainly not supposed to be an "inferior Monotype".

Room Owner

Crascking the ban whip
Stop stalking.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Allyson(Ninetales) on Mon Apr 25, 2016 7:50 am

I think it's just becoming similar to a metagame, but of course we're different in our own way. I don't think I would be able to RP well if someone came to my kingdom and rekt me cuz of the lack of bans, since Conquest is a battling rp/ battle focused rp. Though if no one would RP and just treat the whole thing as a tournament I think we all know where they should go.
Allyson(Ninetales)
Voice
Voice

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Fraction on Mon Apr 25, 2016 8:13 am

madman404 wrote:No. It's still an RP, and conquest is really only what you make of it. That's the point of an RP, no? However, conquest is centered around battling, and thus, must be balanced. The RP twist on it does not remove this necessity. Sure, the lords can RP all they want, but wouldn't it ruin the plot if the dark or water lord wins EVERY TIME? No, it's not fun, and it's not interesting. That's why the council exists. To keep things balanced, and allow the RP to take different turns every time.

I mean, I have zero problems with Yveltal/Kyogre ban. But what I'm saying is, too many bans and new rules can sort of ruin the experience. Well, at least for me. That's what happened with Monotype, too much complex banning forced them to change their philosophy. But thanks for sharing your thoughts!
Fraction
Voice
Voice

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top