[RMT] Drowned Out (Water Lord Team)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

[RMT] Drowned Out (Water Lord Team)

Post by Marshall De Vos on Wed Apr 27, 2016 12:31 pm

Hi, it's resident idiot / sucky teambuilder (at least in my own POV) MDV here with my first RMT o-o;
I'm going to just post this, and the strategies I try to see in the team. Criticism welcome, and all that.

Yeah. It's my Water Lord team. So, yeah, here goes. Sorry that I'm not making it overly fancy, it's not my style.

Luxury (Volcanion) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Flamethrower
- Steam Eruption
- Sludge Wave / Flash Cannon
- Earth Power

AV Volcanion. My legend slot, and a nice special heavy hitter. Flamethrower over Fire Blast because I'm really, really paranoid with misses (I swear to christ every time I don't want a move to miss, it will miss). Steam Eruption is the Water move of choice, being a beefed-up Scald. Earth Power provides coverage, and Sludge Wave or Flash Cannon are mostly there to beat Fairies. I prefer Sludge Wave.

Massage Toy (Surskit) (M) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Swift Swim
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Haze
- Scald
- Rain Dance
- Sticky Web

Lead Surskit. Rain Dance turn 1, then set up webs with the doubled speed. Guaranteed to take a hit due to its Sash, Haze in case a set-up sweeper tries to be fishy around it (hello cloyster/azumarill/wp abusers), and Scald to fish for eventual burns.

Strange Thing (Swampert) (M) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Roar
- Earthquake
- Scald

Physical Wall Swampert, and stealth rock setter, whenever he gets a chance. Earthquake as the ground move of choice, to give it at least some kind of offensive presence, and Scald has the same use as it does on Surskit, fish for burns and weaken the damage of physical attackers even more. Rocky Helmet helps in wearing them down. Roar is my fourth move in case I like playing risky and gamble spreading more hazard damage.

24 Carat Shuriken (Starmie) @ Life Orb
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Psyshock
- Scald
- Thunderbolt / Ice Beam

LO Starmie. Not only my spinner just in case I have hazards on my own side, but also helping out due to its high speed to outspeed some unscarfed threats. Psyshock, combined with Scald, ( which, once again, over Hydro Pump because of my miss paranoia) is there to deal heavy STAB damage, and Bolt or Ice Beam are serving as additional coverage. Both mostly to kill Flying-types however.

Dwayne Johnson (Cloyster) (M) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Skill Link
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Rock Blast
- Shell Smash
- Surf
- Icicle Spear

Can you smell what the Cloyster's cookin'? No? Well then. It's your everyday set-up sweeper. Sash Cloyster. Moveset should be pretty standard, and once again, Surf over Hydro Pump because of accuracy. Rock Blast and Icicle Spear, paired with Skill Link, will maim anything that is weak to either of the moves. And 2HKO most of the mons that take neutral damage. Ice Shard is a possibility, but I chose to forgo it as my priority user is a different poke.

K.O. (Crawdaunt) (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Crabhammer
- Knock Off
- Superpower
- Aqua Jet

Right here. Banded Crawdaunt. Aqua Jet to pick off weakened mons with priority. Crabhammer and Knock Off serve as STAB, which, with Adaptability, hits super hard. Superpower acts as coverage. I am actually torn about the EVs here as Crawdaunt is naturally slow and might get outsped even with Sticky Webs up, so I use maxed speed EVs, but let the nature still maximize its offensive damage output.
Marshall De Vos
Voice
Voice

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [RMT] Drowned Out (Water Lord Team)

Post by Nebulous on Wed Apr 27, 2016 12:52 pm

If you're running a suicide lead you should be running a hyper offensive team.
Nebulous

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Marshall De Vos on Thu Apr 28, 2016 5:20 am

Just going to ask, if I should run HO instead what I do here, what should I replace/change?

Also, insight on the Crawdaunt EVs is appreciated. Would Timid change anything in its favor over Adamant? (As it's now, stuff like Ambipom and M-Lopunny still outspeed Crawdaunt even with Webs up, and so will anything that's on similar speed tiers. Or scarfed.)
Marshall De Vos
Voice
Voice

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Allyson(Ninetales) on Thu Apr 28, 2016 7:27 am

First thoughts, volcanion on rain teams suck.
There I will not say anything anymore. No jk, anyways Volcanion is not good with rain teams because the rain will weaken its Fire STAB, much worse you chose a less stronger move as its fire STAB.
So I suggest you replace volcanion with something like politoed because it's the natural rain setter. Since you're using a rain team let's abuse the rain and summon the swamp beast named Swampert-Mega. You can still choose to have SR on Swampert-Mega together with Waterfall/Earthquake/Coverage Filler (probably Ice Punch), but the set is totally up to you.
For your cloyster, I 'totally' suggest you run hydro instead of surf. You see how you only have a measly 4 SpA EVs, even with a +2 I highly doubt cloyster can 2hko skarm just with surf.
For crawdaunt, I don't know what you should do with that thing. It's basically like those wild cards and I can't think of anything for it.
Anyways these are all measly suggestions, you may choose to ignore them and fight your own way or you may try to follow it.
Allyson(Ninetales)
Voice
Voice

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nebulous on Thu Apr 28, 2016 8:51 am

Use adamant for Crawdaunt, Crawdaunt is a wall breaker, and shouldn't be fast.
Nebulous

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top