OC's musical theme

View previous topic View next topic Go down

OC's musical theme

Post by Hydre(Hydreigon) on Fri Apr 29, 2016 9:14 am

Title.

There are a lot of posts about OC's personnalities, ages, etc. And as a total music fanatic, I can't help but wonder, what do you guys think of about music, when you're making an OC? Something energetic, ambient? Lyrics or not? Here are a few of mines, along with why said music was chosen.

Ice lord : Themis, the Wise.
Kubbi / Formed by Glaciers

The title should reveal a bit, but overall, the song got a really calm pace, with some vocals, but no singing. They make for a really ambient song, reflecting his calm, thoughtful personnality, and the dilemna of a warlord, which is to conquer and destroy to survive, or let it be done by others, and become a prey.

Terion(Scizor), a bounty hunter.
C2C - Fuya

Both a choice of personnal taste, and of OC description, Terion is perfectly described by this song. It is quite rythmed and as erratic as he can be, also somewhat twisted and everchanging. There is a choir, once again, but no real singing as well.

To finish, the theme of Serene, a Misdreavus (who was once a Masquerain gjinka)
Mario M - Good Morning

While quite sorrowfull, this tune gives a quite melancholic vibe to the character, whose reason of death was giving birth to her daughter. It also gives an overall vibe of the OC's personnality, since the song also got quite upbeats moments, revealing some sort of happinness and acceptance.

I'm really eager to see what people have to share on music, concerning their OCs, whether it was thought out like most of mine, or found on-the-spot.

sig links:

Hydre(Hydreigon)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: OC's musical theme

Post by Marshall De Vos on Sat Apr 30, 2016 5:29 am

Actually, most of my OCs that I use multiple times do have some sort of musical influence. I may not always realize it at first, but they definetely do.

Okay, let's just go on. For my first / main OC, Marshall, I have to go with these two.
Two Steps From Hell - Heart Of Courage [Extended]
or
Two Steps From Hell - Spirit Of Death

You wonder why he has two themes? I'm just going to explain it with a very custom variant of schizophrenia. Don't ever, ever try to figure out the side that relates to SoD. I warned you.

Next up, my Zoroark OC, Morpheus (who admittedly is inspired by the character in the Matrix movies bearing the same name).
(Matrix Reloaded OST: Freeway Chase)
This just fits him and his nature best - he's a quickwitted prankster liking to mess around with people, but if the situation demands it, he'll put you down in a chase.

And the third one I'm going to share right now is relating to one of my Kingdom OCs.
Saltatio Mortis - Junges Blut
I chose this mostly due to it relating to its backstory (just in case you don't speak German, the song pretty much is about a seductive demon wishing to take profit of an innocent soul placed before him. Which rather exactly is what happened to said OC the first time I RP'd as him - though with inverted genders. In the song, the demon is male.)
Marshall De Vos
Voice
Voice

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sabre on Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:21 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RL_RPM50C1k (Mind of a Thief - Mother 3) (im bad at this ok)

This is the theme for my main OC, Sabre. I went with this theme since Sabre is a thief (obvious connector) but the main connection is the personality of the character. Three words to describe Sabre would be sardonic, valiant and pragmatic, which are exuded in the (generic) song. The song has very sharp notes, but a constant bass line that keeps it from going too overboard, making the song personified as being realistic. There are no spots where it gets too overly complicated. It's just a simple, straightforward song. For some reason, I find that the song just reminds me of some witty, shady guy trying to smooth talk someone. Finally, the song escalates into a chorus that makes me picture some epic boss fight in a RPG or something. The gradual change of tone into a lower set of notes near the end of the chorus amplifies this.

other stuff:

Self Proclaimed Best Manectric in RP Room
Self Proclaimed Caterpie
My PS account is Sabre (Manectric). Feel free to say hi!
I like RPGs...?
AxeBane's --> http://prntscr.com/6zscmt
Thanks to Blue Kitteh/Articuno and Axebane for these awesome banners!
IT'S TIME TO TIP THE SCALES
Sabre

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Flyhn on Thu May 05, 2016 1:27 pm

For Poke... Crawling -Linkin Park
Poke's nothing more than a "OMG HE'S 3EDGY5ME" joke character at this point. Why not go all the way?

As for Flyhn I'll post later. Still haven't found a fitting one for him :/
Flyhn

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Fraction on Thu May 05, 2016 11:53 pm

Oh, I do think about OC's musical themes as well. This whole concept was not known to me until I saw some of Connor's OC bios, which inspired me to add them to mine as well. I'd link stuff here, but I have yet to complete most of my projects and I don't like incomplete thingies.
Fraction
Voice
Voice

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by EriselleClaraHyn on Fri May 06, 2016 5:07 pm

Okie, so, since I have a TON of OCs, I'll just talk about my main two right now, because yeah. Razz I plan on making a master post for all of my ocs so I have them all in one spot, but, I dunno.

Anyway!
First off, is the woman who's name is my username, a.k.a., Eriselle Clara Hyn. (Currently two out of three versions of her are married, look at that luck man.) Anyway, I've always thought that either Shatter Me - Lindsey Stirling ft. Izzy Hale or When Can I See You Again - Owl City. I dunno why, they just seem to fit her, even though they vary greatly in meaning and whatnot.

Next is my little dear Chidori Akiko Madoka, (She is not affiliated with Naruto nor Madoka Magicka in anyway.) The songs that I feel fit her are Don't Let Me Fall - Lenka and Fly On - Coldplay. These show that she basically loves it when she has someone to rely on because all that she has had has flown away from her at some point.
EriselleClaraHyn
Voice
Voice

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Styxian on Mon May 09, 2016 9:18 pm

Styx's theme would be John Dreamer - True Strength . This uplifting, powerful orchestral score represents Styx. His will to never back down. His desire to protect others. When things are looking grim, Styx will only get back up, even if he's lost more blood than humanly possible. True Strength is in the heart, and Styx is one of my few OCs that has that.

I'm terrible with this stuff, but here it is :b
Styxian

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Psychoreality on Tue May 10, 2016 3:52 am

Souffrance: TK from Ling tosite Sigure - Unravel
This theme is about a person struggling to contain the monsters in their mind. This is a major part of Souffrance's personality, and shapes the kind of person she is. (I swear to God I wasn't even thinking of Tokyo Ghoul when I made this OC)

I'm sitting here trying to think of other themes for my OCs and I can't off the top of my head. Welp.
Psychoreality
Driver
Driver

View user profile http://psychoreality19.wix.com/popranter

Back to top Go down

Post by Spyke (Gallade) on Sat Jul 30, 2016 2:07 pm

Now that I think about it, I don't have any OCs that a song that springs to mind could sum up. I actually have a Legend OC, and most of those have official theme songs, but since I picked an event-only one (Hoopa) Bob has no official theme song and I can't think of any song weird enough to describe him.
Spyke (Gallade)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Styxian on Sun Jul 31, 2016 10:10 am

So I just thought of a theme song for several of my OCs.

Xzrptlk the Gengar: Boku no Hero Academia OST - Villain Theme

This track from BnHA is every bit of maliciousness poured into a single song, and because of that it matches the enigma known as Xzrptlk perfectly. The Gengar is an embodiment of ancient evil: Those who meet Xzrptlk barely come back alive, and if they do, they become so stark raving mad that their minds completely die at the end of it. The time the insanity sers in varies- sometimes it's a day, sometimes a week, sometimes months, and sometimes even years before the insanity crumbles their minds from the inside. Those that can sense aura would be overwhelmed by the darkness of Xzrptlk, and anyone with half a mind would leave an area known to be inhabited by it ASAP. Xzrptlk is cruel, ancient, evil, malicious, and everything in between, and the song perfectly shows its willingness in breaking the world down, piece by piece until it is completely swallowed by darkness.

Arlen Traliard: Mattia Cupelli - Rimani (Stay)

The song battles against the seen nature of Arlen, yet speaks of a side to him that he doesn't talk or sing about. The song yearns just as the title is- Stay. Stay, settle down, have a family. Arlen never knew of such a thing. He had always lived a wandering life, and he rarely stayed longer than two nights at a single place. His routine was play at an inn, eat, sleep, then set off the next day. He never knew how to stay in one place. Yet, in his travels he had seen so many happy couples that managed to stay in one place and continue to be happy, and he could never wrap his head around that, despite his mastery at playing songs of love. Deep in his heart, he hopes his travels will eventually bring him to a place to stay, but he will not say a word of it.

Well, yeah, that's it for now. I will post more if I think of anymore so uh... Thoughts?
Styxian

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dreaming Asriel on Tue Aug 09, 2016 3:17 am

The only OC I can even think of a theme for at this time is Lumia Zelone.

And that theme is Halsey's song Gasoline.

I'll try to provide links after a while but for now I should be sleepin
Dreaming Asriel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shiny Eeveez for Dayz on Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:01 pm

I haven't thought of themes for White, but probably Endless Possibilities (Sonic Unleashed) or maybe the XYZ theme, maybe XY, idrk, Eh, maybe Reach for the Stars (Sonic Colors)
Shiny Eeveez for Dayz

View user profile http://None.Isuck.gmail

Back to top Go down

Post by Hack5 In Heaven on Sat Mar 18, 2017 12:32 pm

Well lets see We have https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ag5WJNkF1mk (Hello Eric from the saw score) for Tryticon, since he's a giant golurk the size of a island and this song sounds titan like I thought the two would mix. (Well that's the only one I can only think of right now)
Hack5 In Heaven

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PixelKirby on Sun Mar 19, 2017 5:38 pm

Rehmer. A mechanical genius who will take his time to analyze his opponents before striking them down.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A64LcMQ1oqE

Prisyla. A rather mischievous demon with a dark past that she would rather put behind her. This doesn't mean she can't fight though.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CYffUh840cs

Valev. An annoying, mischievous satirist early in his life, slowly turned into a host for a dark god.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vS_a8Edde8k
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSORu0m6KpI
The contrast between the two themes for Valev really shows how much he changed.
PixelKirby

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mobutt on Mon May 29, 2017 11:40 am

Drax-U. A god of some sort, Drax is a friendly, kind person with a somewhat minor superiority, he has a dark side to him which resembles a much more generic 'Evil emperor/dictator' character personality.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ceJluJCj0yA -Your God is Dead, by ReallySlowMotion.

Mobutt. This used to be my main CQ character. He's a completely non-violent person-because when I made him violent emperors like Rosabel/Neb/Kiera were always running around so I thought it was original. Also a knight and was a bit perverted (Heh.)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wG4fJ7wNYUE My Spidey Stems are Tingling-by ReallySlowMotion. (I know, again. :I )
Mobutt

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top